Who Is Fit To Carry The IC Title After Cody Rhodes?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chadillac

Reaction score
Dear god, Chad, please read what I am about to say VERY fucking carefully. Let me repeat that as you seem to have a hard time understanding what we're all saying - read... what I have to say... very... fucking... care-ful-ly!

Cody Rhodes is NOT the best Intercontinental Champion in the past 11 years. Again, Cody Rhodes is NOT the best Intercontinental Champion in the past 11 years.

All you have done is make yourself sound foolish over and over again. I will repeat it one more time - all you have done is make yourself sound foolish over and over again.

Nothing we say is going tog et through that thick skull of yours. Once more - nothing we say is going to get through that thick skull of yours.

Just know that the majority of what you say about Cody Rhodes and how absolutely fucking amazing he is has just been ridiculous.

What are you talking about? Seriously?

All you need to understand is that I STAND BY WHAT I HAVE SAID 100%

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I pretty much think everyone knows that you stand by what you said doesn't mean it's gonna make anyone else agree with you esp given the fact you have yet to state a legit valid reason as to why Cody is the best I.C champion in 10 plus years right now not that he will be in the future or something.

Aniking

Reaction score

Don't play dumb, you can read.

You can be awesome and stand by what you said 100%, but you're not solving anything. You're just being ignorant. You'll create all this discussion but not listen to anything we have to say because you're blinded by your favouritism towards Rhodes. Knowing history from 14 years ago doesn't make your opinion any better than anybody elses.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
The guy is incapable of understanding anything stated by anybody else unless it is in complete agreement with his statements.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
You've attempted to justfy Cody not defending his championship much by the fact that he's being groomed for the main event scene in the meantime, citing his fued with Orton and with Bryan.

I agree he is being groomed for bigger and better things, but how do the potentially good things may await Cody in the future have any connection to his IC title reign in the present? For as best an objective measurement I can, Cody has not been defending his title much and skipping title matches at PPV's, so isn't he by definition an uneffective champion? As hot as he's been over the last year, his usual match quality and character portrayal have done nothing to put the Intercontinental Championship over, just himself.

The only notable moment in his title reign so far, and likely only one by the end of his reign, is the reveal of the altered title design. But that's going to be remembered as just a moment in of itself rather than something Cody Rhodes accomplished. There's no way Cody Rhodes current mid-card title reign could be considered great, let alone the greatest of the 11 years.

Chadillac

Reaction score
The guy is incapable of understanding anything stated by anybody else unless it is in complete agreement with his statements.

There is something that I am aware of, that no one here has the inside track to know.

I won't tip my hand B/C it could effect my status at the Dallas DNC, but in short: It's about to unfold and culminate in April.

I expect a lot of people here to have there minds blown.

But I dont want any of you to eat your words. I am just waiting for the shock.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
So Cody will be winning MITB at WM? Because I really can't see him winning the Rumble and then winning the World title at WM28.

With Cody I am a fan of his and I do think that he has brought the IC title to a higher level than it was before his title reign. He has brought back some prestige but it is still nowhere near the level it was in the mid noughties. He needs to defend it more and needs to beat bigger name opponents. It would have been good if he defeated Orton whilst he was IC champion but it wasn't to be. He will eventually get to the mainevent scene but WWE need to take their time with him.

As for the next champion there really aren't too many options because there aren't too many midcard faces on Smackdown. The best option would be Justin Gabriel.

Chadillac

Reaction score
So Cody will be winning MITB at WM? Because I really can't see him winning the Rumble and then winning the World title at WM28.

With Cody I am a fan of his and I do think that he has brought the IC title to a higher level than it was before his title reign. He has brought back some prestige but it is still nowhere near the level it was in the mid noughties. He needs to defend it more and needs to beat bigger name opponents. It would have been good if he defeated Orton whilst he was IC champion but it wasn't to be. He will eventually get to the mainevent scene but WWE need to take their time with him.

As for the next champion there really aren't too many options because there aren't too many midcard faces on Smackdown. The best option would be Justin Gabriel.

Troy, If you can read between the line here, It will be a wink and nod im giving you.

I handled a good amount of O.R. on a certain person, being with the Dallas DNC, in cordnation with the Con State DNC.

(R)Senate Defeat

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
So a couple of things to answer for you. Best Champion in the past 11 years. Wrong.

Morrison was great with it and really lost it in my opinion because of all the other issues he started having.
JBL whose a fucking champ with any belt and had some great matches with Rey for that very belt putting them both pretty far up their.
Benjamin who whether he went on to better things or not was helluva champ.
Orton carried it for a half year in 03with a pretty entertaining reign.
Lance Storm had a brief run with it.
Triple H held it multiple times in the early 00’s which gives it credibility sense he was a main eventer sluming it putting younger guys over.

Next IC Champ I know this guy has lost his only match in WWE but I really feel that God is the only person that could touch Cody Rhodes at this point.

Seriously though I would think that the best person to take it off him would be Dibiase at this point. It'd be the best story to tell and Dibiase deserves it just as much as Rhodes ever did.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
There is something that I am aware of, that no one here has the inside track to know.

I won't tip my hand B/C it could effect my status at the Dallas DNC, but in short: It's about to unfold and culminate in April.

Also this sir establishes that you are a fucking jackass.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Orton was upper midcard at best at the time of his IC title reign that doesn't count he at least defended it against the likes of Chris Jericho, Sheltain Bengamin, RVD, Mick Foley and Edge and he was great at it it was one of the last times that the title actually meant something because it was in a high profile match on a ppv now the likes of Santino who is definatley not going anywhere are holding the belt.

There was a time having the IC title meant as much as holding a world title.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily

Really? Really? shut up.

If you don't have anything to truly contribute but instead going to try to act all mysterious and act like... oh if he does something at Mania then I can be like "I told you so." Save it. Sounds like all you have is speculation and hope that he busts something big since he is virtually on the cusp of doing something and having a break out year.

So pretty much no matter what you say, how you wanna speculate, or anything of the sorts nobody is going to believe you nor care cause you won't and aren't stating anything.

Deuce

Reaction score

Well, what you have said is, and what you keep repeating is incredibly idiotic.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
Chad sounds a little like a member at one of the old forums I was at named boogs except boogs was very high on cena and had downsyndrome so he was tolerated until he just became a total tool.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Other than MITB coming back with Cody winning it and cashing in or him getting involved with Cena/Rock there is no way Rhodes will be the biggest thing at Mania and if he interrupted Cena/Rock that would be horrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.