What wrestlers should beat Lesnar clean?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

HunterHearstJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
Ideally, Reigns would be the perfect guy to do it, but he just isn't over enough and I can't envision any scenario where he's gonna be cheered over Lesnar (or cheered by the majority of the audience period) in his current character. Ambrose is my favorite and I believe he has potential to be a huge main event star if they put the machine behind him all the way, so I'd love to see him go over Brock, but I'm 99.9% sure that'll never happen. I'd love to see Kevin Owens get a dirty victory over Brock at some point, but not necessarily a clean one. Not really anyone else I can see (or want to see) beating Lesnar in a clean manner.
If I remember correctly, the fans booed Reigns on the road to WrestleMania, what do people think of the finish between Lesnar and Taker? Taker tapping and Lesnar passing out.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the fans booed Reigns on the road to WrestleMania, what do people think of the finish between Lesnar and Taker? Taker tapping and Lesnar passing out.
They did but that was because WWE handled his push poorly and a lot of people felt Bryan wasn't pushed well around that time. Although a great match was made at fast lane between them.

I think, looking back on it now, the finish was okay. I mean idk how else they could've ended it. The way they did it didn't make Brock look weak and really "lose." It made taker look like the bad guy and become desperate. Thus, leading perfectly into their HIAC match.

Reactions: Red Rain

HunterHearstJericho

The Artiste
Reaction score
They did but that was because WWE handled his push poorly and a lot of people felt Bryan wasn't pushed well around that time. Although a great match was made at fast lane between them.

I think, looking back on it now, the finish was okay. I mean idk how else they could've ended it. The way they did it didn't make Brock look weak and really "lose." It made taker look like the bad guy and become desperate. Thus, leading perfectly into their HIAC match.
It's really sad that WWE keeps failing on pushes, I personally think that Bryan's push was fair and needed, he had a major injury while WWE champion so they weren't going to invest him into the main event again, and I don't think he minded very much, they actually handled Bryan fine in my opinion, he had another Mania moment and obtained the IC title something he never held. Reign's push was kind of destroyed by having him take the fall at WrestleMania instead of Lesnar, although it gave Rollins heel heat.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It's really sad that WWE keeps failing on pushes, I personally think that Bryan's push was fair and needed, he had a major injury while WWE champion so they weren't going to invest him into the main event again, and I don't think he minded very much, they actually handled Bryan fine in my opinion, he had another Mania moment and obtained the IC title something he never held. Reign's push was kind of destroyed by having him take the fall at WrestleMania instead of Lesnar, although it gave Rollins heel heat.
Considering that Brock draws more $ than reigns and just beat taker in the biggest victory in WWE history, it made sense to have reigns take the fall over Brock. They planned on pushing Brock as a face any way.

Last edited:

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Having Reigns eat the pinfall was also a way (on top of trying to preserve Lesnar's "unbeatable" aura) to try and get the fans to start liking him again. Part of the reason people were against Reigns' push is because they knew he was being handed everything on a silver platter, so seeing him take a loss or two might help to severe the heat a bit in their eyes. Same thing with him losing the MITB match as well as a couple other matches.

Reactions: Snowman1

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Having Reigns eat the pinfall was also a way (on top of trying to preserve Lesnar's "unbeatable" aura) to try and get the fans to start liking him again. Part of the reason people were against Reigns' push is because they knew he was being handed everything on a silver platter, so seeing him take a loss or two might help to severe the heat a bit in their eyes. Same thing with him losing the MITB match as well as a couple other matches.
Exactly, people didn't want simply another cena. They wanted him to be a person who can overcome and earn his spot.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Bryan only if he gets to bust out the suplexes too, could be a hard hitting battle. But wwe would do the underdog shit. Which can make it one sided. Do not care about Bryan winning but this is pretty much the only dream match for me in wwe. Could be a 5 star match

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Our one true savior and the true reason we celebrate Christmas.
entrance-by-Antonio-Inoki1.jpg

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I wouldn't consider Lesnar to be "burying" anybody. Also I'm sure he's not involved in much backstage politics on how matches and storylines should go. He's there to do his job and Vince is his boss which he has even stated.

But as far a reasonable opponents to beat him, there is only 2 guys that I can see actually getting a win and thats Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns. You can say that guys like Dean Ambrose, Kevin Owens, and Cesaro should go over clean on Brock but it just aint gonna happen.

Definitely not Kane though lol what are you crazy?

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
The only 2 people that can beat LESNAR clean as of now is reigns or cena. That's it.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Our one true savior and the true reason we celebrate Christmas.
entrance-by-Antonio-Inoki1.jpg
Everyone knows Jesus was white, are you crazy?

Wyatt could REALLY use it, even with some debauchery. KO I'd be down on, and I'd honestly love to see a mean Ziggler get his ass kicked in a match with Lesnar in a wrestler vs wrestler match. I would kill to see him give Lesnar a suplex or a few.

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
^ lolol Jesus was white...riiight...

I think Daniel Bryan as well. If he ever does come back, that would be an epic feud too. Have Daniel Bryan nearly win 3 times before he finally does.. At hell in a cell. BAM! Book it!

Reactions: seabs

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I can seriously see Owens doing it, he did get put over Cena clean after all. Plus he has Triple H in his corner doesn't he?

Reactions: Neptune

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
Owens has a big future is they don't ruin his character.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
The only 2 people that can beat LESNAR clean as of now is reigns or cena. That's it.
John Cena beating Lesnar again will be the worst decision since Cena beating Lesnar at Extreme Rules. It makes no sense, and WWE knows that. Same with Reigns. People won't buy it, and ultimately beating Lesnar clean = beating the Undertaker clean. It's a real bump to the next level, and at this point. No one really has what it takes. In terms of popularity, skill, overness etc. To beat Lesnar completely clean.