What would you do with Kofi?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Kofi Kingston versus CM Punk has something amazing written all over it. I am all for Kofi to be pushed, if done the right way. Challenge Kofi, give him a WWE title match and see how he does. They do not need to drop the title on him right away, but see how he presents himself in that kind of a match, then if he is spot on, take a chance and give him the biggest push of his career!

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Not everyone can be a main eventer.

He's just fine as the kid-friendly, colourful bouncy guy on the undercard, IMO.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Personally, I think he's just fine where he is. He gets plenty of screen time, wins a lot of his matches, gets a lot
of pops. He's all good.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
At the moment I just can't see him ever holding the WWE title, I agree that he does seem more like a B-level champion if he even gets that far. A random title match against Punk wouldn't be the worst idea and now would be the time to try it before WrestleMania season. WWE TLC PPV is the last PPV of the year and what better match to give him a chance in. WWE can have Kofi move away from Truth immediately and then leading up to the PPV show some promos of Kofi talking about wanting to make the move to the top. Make it into a battlers story and try to get the crowd behind him so that they can believe that he might have a chance. Have him win a number one contenders match and then keep showing highlights of his MITB matches on RAW. Punk would obviously win the title match but it would allow Kofi to pull off some crazy moves and it is an easy match to make the challenger look legitimate without making the champion look weak.

Other than that send him over to Smackdown as a singles wrestler. Would give him some more options and he is a better chance of taking the World title than the WWE title. He could begin with a Cesaro feud and move from there.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with a few of you, Kofi isn't championship material. He's kind of like the "Shelton Benjamin" of the last few years. He can put on an AMAZING match with some incredible spots, but he'll never possess the charisma to be Champion. I could be wrong.

Maybe leave the IC title on him and have him finally beat the Honky Tonk Man's legacy as the longest reigning IC champion? It's something..

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
3 words: King Kofi Kingston

Fab can elaborate.

KKK? That'll go over swell. I'm thinking of all the possible merch and signs.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
KKK? That'll go over swell. I'm thinking of all the possible merch and signs.

The black racist. If he changed his style... he could be Kerwin White V.2 It'd be awesome. He can be the really really really white black guy. Hates chicken, watermelon, grape kool aid, hip hop. It'd be funny.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
^Kerwin White ftw. I freakin' loved that angle, lol. Chavo was on his way up with it, racist or not.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Kerwin White was freakin awesome. Just sucked that they had to cut it so quickly. but... situation called for it.

Edgeomatic

Reaction score
Heres his last push.

[video=youtube;pNBfqDCBm_4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNBfqDCBm_4[/video]

They cancelled it. I believe because he botched an RKO.

SAL

Reaction score
The one word answer to the OP question: SOMETHING.

Kofi's going to stay in neutral forever as long as the bookers keep ignoring him. He'll never ever ever get over without some kind of storyline direction, no matter how good he is in the ring. As was already mentioned, he's just fine in the role he's in, bouncy midcarder who puts on a decent show for the fans on TV. But I'd hate to leave this stone unturned. Give him a heel turn and a gimmick. Give the fans a reason to react to him. I can't help but think he can improve on the microphone with some direction. If it doesn't work out, hell, you can always put him back where he is now. But he's been around for a while, he's one of the few entrenched midcarders they have, and the fans like him. Why not see if it's possible to take it further?

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Kofi really needs to turn heel. I would push the hell out of him. He has all the potential to become a huge superstar. He can pull out a good promo and his ring ability is just awesome.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Make Kofi a badass voodoo drug dealer. Have him carry around a skull with blood in it, and pour it on his opponents after he wins a match. Part Papa Shango, part bad guy in Indiana Jones and Temple of Doom