What Happened To Damien Sandow?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Hey All,

I know I could do some of my own research on this topic, but I figured what the hell, why not make a thread?

So, what happened to Damien Sandow. I get that they made Cena bury him and lose is opportunity so they could combine the titles and do the whole Orton feud. But, since then, they've done nothing with him of any significance. Did he piss someone off? Step on someone's toes? I mean what did he do?

I'm not a huge fan of his and I actually enjoy his Mizdow character....but he went from be near main event status to nothing lol.

AmbroseFan920

Jobber
Reaction score
i wish I knew! they told us why Ziggler was in the dog house and why Alex Riley was taken off tv , it should be soon that they say why he is in trouble..or at least we find soon. I'm getting so sick of this crap!

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
i wish I knew! they told us why Ziggler and Alex Riley was taken off tv , it should be soon that they say why he is in trouble..or at least we find soon. I'm getting so sick of this crap!
Yea, I wanted to get some reasons as to why this guy just fell off the map.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
His "Intellectual Savior" gimmick always screamed Midcard Jobber For Life to me. I don't see why anyone should be surprised at all by his treatment. It's not like he was pushed to the top for awhile before being booked into oblivion, and no, winning the MITB briefcase doesn't count. That was just meant as an unexpected twist that no one saw coming seeing as how the plan was for Cody to win the briefcase off of him at Summerslam the following month, but then WWE Creative got hooked to the idea of the Rhodes Brothers fighting against The Authority instead and changed plans.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
What happened to Damien? It's what happens to everyone who gets buried... John Cena.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
He should've been given the chance to go with his Intellectual Saviour of the Masses gimmick instead of being "genericDow" and then being "CosplayDow" and losing all credibility he had. Honestly, I'd say if they decided not to unify the titles, his feud with Cena should've gone a long way but he should've at least been a good heel in the midcard, it's not like he can't cut promos AND wrestle. I'd say he could be where Miz is right now if not more. But Cena-itis caught him, just like it did with Ryder and Wyatt. :pity:

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
His "Intellectual Savior" gimmick always screamed Midcard Jobber For Life to me. I don't see why anyone should be surprised at all by his treatment. It's not like he was pushed to the top for awhile before being booked into oblivion, and no, winning the MITB briefcase doesn't count. That was just meant as an unexpected twist that no one saw coming seeing as how the plan was for Cody to win the briefcase off of him at Summerslam the following month, but then WWE Creative got hooked to the idea of the Rhodes Brothers fighting against The Authority instead and changed plans.
yeah, I know his image was somewhat stale...but, I enjoyed him more than a lot of the roster. I didn't know they switched plans like that...I would've much rather seen Cody win the MITB

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
What happened to Damien? It's what happens to everyone who gets buried... John Cena.
I know John Cena was the beginning of the end for Sandow....but I was more or less asking why he's jobbed ever since....or why he was booked to just get destroyed by Cena.....like did he play bad politics....piss someone off? what's the deal?

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
He should've been given the chance to go with his Intellectual Saviour of the Masses gimmick instead of being "genericDow" and then being "CosplayDow" and losing all credibility he had. Honestly, I'd say if they decided not to unify the titles, his feud with Cena should've gone a long way but he should've at least been a good heel in the midcard, it's not like he can't cut promos AND wrestle. I'd say he could be where Miz is right now if not more. But Cena-itis caught him, just like it did with Ryder and Wyatt. :pity:
Another brilliant move by WWE talent....bury your upcoming stars to talent that has been on the top for far too long and only getting older. :hmmm:

Reactions: CFCrusader

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
He's just not that good IMO, a fun midcarder sure but he never lights up a show.
well, yes, he may not "light up a show" but several stars don't do that and yet they're put in IC Title matches, etc. He is literally at the bottom of the barrel now.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
well, yes, he may not "light up a show" but several stars don't do that and yet they're put in IC Title matches, etc. He is literally at the bottom of the barrel now.
Who's as generic as Sandow and gets put in better positions?