What Happened To Damien Sandow?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Who's as generic as Sandow and gets put in better positions?
Miz. Sheamus. Cesaro. Kofi Kingston. RVD. Del Rio (I know he's gone now).

I'm not discrediting any of the stars listed above, but their characters are pretty generic and they're in much better positions than Sandow.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
He's just not that good IMO, a fun midcarder sure but he never lights up a show.
Never really get's the chance to though, both matches with Cena that happened earlier this year and then the night after Hell in a Cell last year pretty much lit up those shows. Instead since then he's been stuck in 2 minute matches and told to get squashed...

Personally I hear it's because he got really drunk and smacked Linda McMahon's ass at the Christmas party.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Miz. Sheamus. Cesaro. Kofi Kingston. RVD. Del Rio (I know he's gone now).

I'm not discrediting any of the stars listed above, but their characters are pretty generic and they're in much better positions than Sandow.
Miz has something fresh going with his character, Sheamus is a former world champion tbf. RVD is a returning legend, Kofi hasn't done anything for ages has he? Cesaro I'll give you that although his character work trumps Sandow IMO.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Miz has something fresh going with his character, Sheamus is a former world champion tbf. RVD is a returning legend, Kofi hasn't done anything for ages has he? Cesaro I'll give you that all his character work trumps Sandow IMO.
Miz is still stale and he's the miz...he sucks. lol Generic and bad.

Sheamus, former champ or not, we were comparing "generic:....sheamus, although good in the ring, is very generic.

RVD, same old RVD. Generic.

Kofi would or has been in a better position than Sandow. Sandow is literally there to lose for Miz and only make him look good. Kofi is generic.

Cesaro, very generic....amazing in the ring.

You mentioning that Sheamus is former world champ only proves that Sandow could've been given a shot and been world champ a couple times....again, I don't think Sandow is that great....just he shouldn't be brought down to where he's at.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Never really get's the chance to though, both matches with Cena that happened earlier this year and then the night after Hell in a Cell last year pretty much lit up those shows. Instead since then he's been stuck in 2 minute matches and told to get squashed...

Personally I hear it's because he got really drunk and smacked Linda McMahon's ass at the Christmas party.
are you serious?

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Miz is still stale and he's the miz...he sucks. lol Generic and bad.

Sheamus, former champ or not, we were comparing "generic:....sheamus, although good in the ring, is very generic.

RVD, same old RVD. Generic.

Kofi would or has been in a better position than Sandow. Sandow is literally there to lose for Miz and only make him look good. Kofi is generic.

Cesaro, very generic....amazing in the ring.

You mentioning that Sheamus is former world champ only proves that Sandow could've been given a shot and been world champ a couple times....again, I don't think Sandow is that great....just he shouldn't be brought down to where he's at.

Sheamus, Cesaro and RVD are all amazing competitors in the ring when they want to be, and thus are much easier to take serious than Sandow is. (Even then, Cesaro isn't really the best example to use given how far he's fallen from grace since Wrestlemania...) Kofi hasn't done anything relevant in ages, I could probably count the number of times he's been featured on television this year on one hand... Ditto for The Miz. But he's a former world champion and Wrestlemania main eventer, so it's not hard to see why they're trying to utilize him when he fits best, which is as a midcard heel.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Sheamus, Cesaro and RVD are all amazing competitors in the ring when they want to be, and thus are much easier to take serious than Sandow is. (Even then, Cesaro isn't really the best example to use given how far he's fallen from grace since Wrestlemania...) Kofi hasn't done anything relevant in ages, I could probably count the number of times he's been featured on television this year on one hand... Ditto for The Miz. But he's a former world champion and Wrestlemania main eventer, so it's not hard to see why they're trying to utilize him when he fits best, which is as a midcard heel.
Lockard, I was responding to Seabs argument saying, "who else is generic like Sandow and is being pushed more." I figured he meant "generic" in the sense of character. Like who's character is pretty dull yet they get pushed?

Well, everyone that you listed above is pretty dull as far as character is concerned yet they're pushed more. I never questioned their in ring ability. And, Sandow, IMO, wasn't bad in the ring. He could have good matches with anyone you listed above.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Guess they just don't see him as an upper card talent. I disagree, but they're running the company.

Reactions: edge4ever

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Guess they just don't see him as an upper card talent. I disagree, but they're running the company.

I'm a fan of Sandow.. obviously.. but personally I don't see him any higher than upper midcard talent at the moment, maybe if he gets a little bit more opportunity to show off us 10-15 minute match skills then yeah I can see it but for now I definitely see him as a potential contender for any one of the mid card belts, even the copper belts if he can get a solid partner.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I'm a fan of Sandow.. obviously.. but personally I don't see him any higher than upper midcard talent at the moment, maybe if he gets a little bit more opportunity to show off us 10-15 minute match skills then yeah I can see it but for now I definitely see him as a potential contender for any one of the mid card belts, even the copper belts if he can get a solid partner.
Yeah, I don't think I'd put him in the main event from what I've seen, but definitely deserves better than to job always.