What does this promo mean for Cena?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Tzesi said:
@[seabs] Look at the first video

http://www.google.gr/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ie=UTF-8&ion=1#sclient=psy-ab&hl=el&site=webhp&source=hp&q=john%20cena&pbx=1&oq=&aq=&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&fp=f18d27e44089a227&ion=1&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=f18d27e44089a227&biw=1680&bih=949&ion=1

And? People will search Youtube to see videos won't they? I sure know if I'm going to watch a video I'll search youtube not google.

Tzesi

The Artiste
Reaction score
seabs said:
And? People will search Youtube to see videos won't they? I sure know if I'm going to watch a video I'll search youtube not google.

How long do you think it's going to be there?
WWE probably has the right to feature videos as a big company it is by paying or not.
After the "campaign" is over it's going to hang out with the rebecca black videos as nobody ever watches them anymore.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Tzesi said:
How long do you think it's going to be there?
WWE probably has the right to feature videos as a big company it is by paying or not.
After the "campaign" is over it's going to hang out with the dead videos of youtube.

Of course it will. The video is irrelevant after wrestlemania. They'll have another to take it's place. That's the point of this channel. This video won't be on top but the WWE's channel will be.

Tzesi

The Artiste
Reaction score
Wrestlemania is in two months.
Again I don't see why it shouldn't get any views after Wrestlemania.

I guess you're never watching old videos.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Tzesi said:

The video is a promo for WM. The whole point is to make people think "Omg what's going to happen, I'll buy and find out" No point having a selling point promo as the top video for "John Cena" for a long period. As seabs said, the WWE's channel will always be top.

Tzesi

The Artiste
Reaction score
Crayo said:
The video is a promo for WM. The whole point is to make people think "Omg what's going to happen, I'll buy and find out" No point having a selling point promo as the top video for "John Cena" for a long period. As seabs said, the WWE's channel will always be top.

You keep mentioning how good CM Punk's promo that was months ago :cool:

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Tzesi said:

I watch alot of old videos examples of what I've watched today from a wrestling standpoint include : Samoa Joe vs Misuwa, Kenta vs Kobashi and Danielson vs Kenta. They were all posted a few years ago but they are re-watchable for me. This Cena promo isn't because it's there to present the question what will Cena do? Why would I watch it when I know the answer?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Tzesi said:
You keep mentioning how good CM Punk's promo that was months ago :cool:

Which one? The shoot? Or the promo for John Cena vs CM Punk at MITB?

seabs said:
I watch alot of old videos examples of what I've watched today from a wrestling standpoint include : Samoa Joe vs Misuwa, Kenta vs Kobashi and Danielson vs Kenta. They were all posted a few years ago but they are re-watchable for me. This Cena promo isn't because it's there to present the question what will Cena do? Why would I watch it when I know the answer?

This.

Tzesi

The Artiste
Reaction score
If I've never watched wrestling and one random day I came across to that video I would definitely become interested in watching WWE and maybe WrestleMania 28.
That's my point, there's no reason to not try to index it.

It wouldn't make the promo look less appealing with a title like "John Cena's life before Wrestlemania 28".

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Tzesi said:
I've never watched wrestling and some day I came across to that video I would definitely become interested in watching WWE and maybe WrestleMania 28.

It wouldn't make the promo look less appealing with a title like "John Cena's life before Wrestlemania 28".

I doubt many people YouTube that though...

Also why would someone who's never seen wrestling youtube about John Cena's life before WM 28? If I was the owner of WWE, I'd want them to see the already there. Where he's beating the hell out of people. Rather than listening to celebs saying how good Cena, him hugging kids etc.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Tzesi said:
If I've never watched wrestling and one random day I came across to that video I would definitely become interested in watching WWE and maybe WrestleMania 28.

It would be irrelevant to the current product though. Like if you saw a video of Stone Cold tomorrow as your first wrestling experience you wouldn't become a fan of the current product.

Tzesi

The Artiste
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I doubt many people YouTube that though...

Also why would someone who's never seen wrestling youtube about John Cena's life before WM 28? If I was the owner of WWE, I'd want them to see the already there. Where he's beating the hell out of people. Rather than listening to celebs saying how good Cena, him hugging kids etc.

I never said someone will youtube that, I only mentioned that indexing the video will get more viewers and also more chances to be viewed from people that don't watch wrestling to watch that video and maybe "get into" WWE.

seabs said:
It would be irrelevant to the current product though. Like if you saw a video of Stone Cold tomorrow as your first wrestling experience you wouldn't become a fan of the current product.

Not really, the product won't change much for the next years.
I also predict the future for WWE to be better.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Tzesi said:
Not really, the product won't change much for the next years.
I also predict the future for WWE to be better.

The Cena storyline will be over though? He'll have either turned heel, gained a new gimmick or risen above it all. This video will be irrelevant. The storylines will have evolved into something new.

Tzesi

The Artiste
Reaction score
seabs said:
The Cena storyline will be over though? He'll have either turned heel, gained a new gimmick or risen above it all. This video will be irrelevant. The storylines will have evolved into something new.

Sure the storylines would have changed but watching that promo would definitely get at least 1/3 of the people into wrestling.

It also makes WWE look like they're not caring for their YouTube and their vieweres,at least in my eyes.