what a fucking disapointment.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
That's the thing, what did cody do besides to remove the brace to work the knee? Not much, if any, at all. I interpeted it that cody was trying to remove the brace to avoid a face busting. I really can't recall any other leg work. I remember some head butts and looking like he was stripping rey. I don't think there was anything for rey to sell.

Reganio

Reaction score
I do agree with you they didn't work the knee as much as they should of. But you brought up the knee, I never said anything about it. I took it as Cody didn't wanna get hit with it in the face again as well. I was pointing out that if they do work over the knee its up to the person who is being killed to sell the knee by not running etc.

Reaction score
And anyone who thinks taker/trips opened slow are silly. That match looked like they consulted with hbk bforehand. Just a tremendous match, definitley a top five taker match. And even though trips lost, he went over as he was the one who walked away.

Reganio

Reaction score
No it was cause you said "Went way over my head. I mean cody worked the head and knee so well that mysterio was still able to jump around and had to eat a knee brace to the face after a springboard move because cody slowe him down so much." that's Rey's fault, not Cody's. I don't think they worked over the knee as much as they should of but selling is the problem of the person injured not the person who injured him. So if they did work over the knee its Rey's fault not Cody's that he jumps around.

OrtonMark54

Reaction score
I agree, it was definitely a major disappointment. A major problem is that the WWE just doesn't have enough guys on the roster who can work a decent match.

The only Mania worthy matches were Orton/Punk and Taker/HHH. It's no surprise that those matches contained 4 proven vets. The rest of the matches were either held back by people who just weren't ready, or booking that was reminiscentant of your regular Monday night show.
Del Rio and The Miz both looked and acted like they were going to shit themselves. Cody/Rey was a good match, but I really expected it to be better. And to those of you who thought Rey carried it...go back and take a second look. Cody was the one who gave the match meaning and a purpose. Rey was all about hitting his spots.

And what's the point of three minute matches? Either give them more time or just get them off the card.

Honestly, this just proves that Mania is no place to push new wrestlers. You go with your proven money makers. I don't want to hear anyone complain of a main event featuring some combo of Cena, Orton, HHH, Taker, Punk, or Edge. Those are your only main event worthy guys right now/.

Axis

Reaction score
CM Punk also proved he was a miracle worker by getting something more than average out of Randy Orton post-2009.

OrtonMark54

Reaction score
Well I'm not sure I agree with that, but they did play off Ortons strength, which is getting his ass kicked and selling the hell out of it.

But Punk was definitely on his game. I'm all for Punk vs Taker, Mania 28.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
And anyone who thinks taker/trips opened slow are silly. That match looked like they consulted with hbk bforehand. Just a tremendous match, definitley a top five taker match. And even though trips lost, he went over as he was the one who walked away.

Did you like how it ended? I didn't like how they made Triple H tap....I don't know, it seemed like it was rushed and they could have done a better ending than a simple tap.

OrtonMark54

Reaction score
The ending was completely wrong. What happened to "or die trying"

Triple H should not have tapped out.

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Yeah what the fuck was up with the ending to that match? HHH lasted that long in the Hells gate only to tap out. They should have had him pass out or something or had Taker pin him because tapping out doesn't really make Trips look to good after his 'or die trying' line.

Terrible wrestlemania btw, there really wasn't anything all that spectacular, HHH Vs Taker was good, I think its being a little overated myself but it was still good and Orton Vs Punk again I think theyre being givin a little more credit then they deserve but was still good and the rest of the show was jus plain awful. Mysterio Vs Cody was actually not bad but its not something you'd want to see on the biggest show of the year, the 8-man tag was pointless, mixed tag was Blue, Edge and Alberto was the biggest let down of the night I don't know why they opened the show but they opened it horribly their chemistry was pathetic. Cole/King was also fuckin crap an wasnt rewarding at all besides maybe seeing a stunner and spinaroony but thats it. Miz/Cena was the worst Mania main event i have ever seen an they both deserve to be shot, but not only how they performed but also the booking of the match was shit, what rock done was obvious an was yet again a bad way to finish the show.

I don't know what else to say besides the whole show was fucking awful and it makes me not want to buy a WWE PPV ever again.

Reaction score
^^^How was it rushed? Trips was in that hold for a fucking eternity, and the grabbing for the hammer thing was awesome. It was anything but a simple tap, it was like he was going to pass out with how softly he tapped and demonstrated how spent he was after an epic war.Trips still went over eventhough he lost, he got to walk away while Taker was carted off for the first time ever. I can't find anything to complain about with this match, but to each their own.

AnkleBreaker

Reaction score
^^^How was it rushed? Trips was in that hold for a fucking eternity, and the grabbing for the hammer thing was awesome. It was anything but a simple tap, it was like he was going to pass out with how softly he tapped and demonstrated how spent he was after an epic war.Trips still went over eventhough he lost, he got to walk away while Taker was carted off for the first time ever. I can't find anything to complain about with this match, but to each their own.

I agree. It gave the feeling HHH would at least get out of the hold.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Triple H told why he tapped before he was even locked in the hold. He told why he tapped on Raw...

...no matter what he did, Undertaker was going to keep getting up. No matter how badly he thinks it's time for Undertaker to lay down, Taker just keeps getting back up, and literally cannot be laid to rest. I don't care how you feel about The Undertaker at all... but sit down as a fan of wrestling for 5 minutes and think about what his character is to do what he has done and what he did last night. Think abut the fact that he just WILL NOT quit. Triple H knew he couldn't win... plain and simple... there's no way to keep the dead man down. Sometimes you have to cut your losses and live to fight another day.

I would actually love to see them follow it up next year with a rematch, but no stipulations, just a one-on-one match (I can't deal with 2 years in a row of Undertaker clearly being too beat up by the environment to stand). That match told an incredible story, and I don't want it diminished by a repeat performance next year... do Taker vs. Trips, but no kind of specialty match (unless you make it the Cell and try to keep them locked in the cage).