whan did hhh win his last title and what year was it?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

HHHforever

Reaction score
No he didn't. You may look at it like that, but they both looked like they went through a war at the end of the night and Orton came out on top. Remember Orton wrestled 2 matches that night too. Besides the fact that I thought I thought it made Orton stronger, the match itself was fantastic, which if I'm not mistaken is what it's all about(unless it involves HHH in which case he could put on the greatest match in the history of the world, but if he won it would just be because he's married to Steph).

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

the match was fantastic, but hhh wrestled umaga earlier that night, orton didnt. remember the smoan bulldozer who destroys everyone. and the commentators drummed home the fact that hhh is exhausted. did they say it about Randy? NO. Now let me ask you, does this seem like a show that was aimed fully at getting Randy over?

HHHforever

Reaction score
Well 2 face announcers are not going to show any sympathy for the heel. I don't know if you watch wrestling very often but the show is very rarely built to make the heel look good. HHH was the babyface so they're obviously going to play up him being tired and beaten. I still don't see how much of a difference 1, 2 hour title reign makes, but the HHH haters will come up with any excuse to bitch about him.

shows are built to get the heel over as well as the face. orton did not get over by beating hhh. hhh got over (more) for wrestling three matches, for beating randy when they were both in the same shape, for beating umaga when he was tired, and for losing to orton BECAUSE he was exhausted. and jerry lawler is a tweener, neither face nor heel. im not bitching about hhh, im bitching about the fact that randy had a shit start to his title reign. if it was hbk who wrestled the 3 matches, id be bitching about him. i dont care who the face was, i care about the fact that it did not help get orton over when it should have. the only reason that orton is over is because he destroyed john cena and others. if it rested soley on his title win, he would be as over as a piece of shit in the middle of the ring

HHHforever

Reaction score
Jerry Lawler is not tweener, he's face. He's made a couple of statements the last couple of weeks that would make him seem tweener, but he was definitely face at the time of this PPV. Judging from what you said I'm getting the feeling that your saying this was poor booking, which personally I didn't think it was but your entitled to your opinion. I'm not exactly sure where you stand on this issue of HHH, you seem kind of like your just saying it was booked poorly which I guess you could make that argument, but I can honestly that I do not think this had anything to do with HHH just trying to get his 11th title.

Reaction score
Well I didn't really watch wrestling back then so I gues I forgot that, although what the fuck that has to do with Orton beating HHH, I have no idea. Anyway I still contend that Randy Orton beating HHH looks better than him being handed the title. And HHH being 10 time or 11 time champion really makes no difference. Besides it added an entertainment value that most HHH-haters love to ignore. It had a great element of surprise, made the entire PPV very entertaining because besides that happening it was not a very good PPV, and helped make Orton look better so I don't see the problem with it.

No Mercy was a slight improvement over Unforgiven but that might be damning with faint praise. The last 1/3 of any year is the weakest and using anyone to win a title for half a night is a joke.

hhh booked it tough. its not my problem with hhh's wrestling, its his booking

HHHforever

Reaction score
Well see that's where I disagree. First of all as I've said before it was booked very well imo and brought back the fact that anything can happen on any given show. I still don't buy this HHH just books himself to win title's all the time bull shit. Look as has been said on multiple occasions by various people, HHH is the top face on the brand. It's not his fault that he's married to Steph and the fans love him. If Cena was healthy, obviously in this particular scenario what I'm about to say makes no sense, then he would probably have had the oppurtunity to do the same exact thing. Whether you like it or not HHH is emmensly popular therefore he gets the oppurtunity to do things that some guys don't get. If HBK still did house shows and worked half as hard as HHH does then he would also probably get these oppurtunities, but he doesn't and HHH does. Has nothing to do with his marriage, he's just popular and a number 1 draw so booking listens to him much like they do to 'Taker, Cena, and pretty much most main eventers I would assume.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Well I'm not in on creative meetings or anything like that, but I think we all know that Main Eventers have pull and they get listened to. Cena is a Main Eventer in fact he's THE Main Eventer when healthy so I'm guessing he get's listened to just as much as any other Main Eventer. The thing that I hate about all the HHH hate is that people act like he's the only wrestler in the world that the creative team listens to, which is not at all the case.

i wonder if they listen to upper-midcarders like umaga: vkm: 'so umaga what do you think about tonights show?'
umaga: 'ssssssaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmooooooooooaaaaaaaaa! uuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggaaaaaaaa!'

HHHforever

Reaction score
Hahahahahaha that's exactly why they don't listen to any upper mid card guys, in fact half of the mid card guys don't even speak english haha, especially not Umaga. Since his only word of english is samoa, I don't think he'd be very helpful in creative decisions of course then again that might explain for some of the poor booking at times.

but then again when he was jamal he could speak english....

HHHforever

Reaction score
That's what's sooo fascinating with him, he just completely forgot the entire English language except for Samoa just like that! haha