WE IS GOOD CAN BTB~!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

Smackdown Week 3 News/Rumours

30xizpk.jpg

Regarding Smackdown’s title situation for Armageddon, it has been confirmed that a Scramble match will be contested for Chris Jericho’s World Heavyweight Championship. The WWE writers aren’t idiots and have realised that the wrestlers in the matches could naturally just sit out and not do anything, and they will still go to the main event if they’re not pinned. Because of this, expect an extra incentive to be put into the triple threat qualifying matches, possibly an addition of a different regulation to stop the above tactic from happening.

The three matches mentioned above are most likely going to be the only Smackdown matches implemented for Armageddon. Officials have toyed with putting a Women’s Championship match onto the PPV but the idea is unlikely to surface, with a title match more likely to happen on a Smackdown after the PPV. The Intercontinental title is also set to have a big feud but it would be too soon to build something up for Armageddon.

Writers have thought of turning Teddy Long heel in coming weeks. As reported last week, they aren’t happy with his recent character and dying pops. They believed that turning him heel would be a good way to make his character fresher, especially if they incorporated more gangster theatrics. Either way, writers want Smackdown to have a heel General Manager on the Road to Wrestlemania. If this wouldn’t be Teddy Long, then expect somebody else to take over the role. Other names discussed were JBL, Roddy Piper, Ric Flair, Vickie Guerrero and Eric Bischoff.

Elijah Burke has proved to be very successful so far on Smackdown, notching up two wins out of as many matches. Don’t be surprised if a winning streak is planned out for the Black Pope to get him over in coming weeks. Dolph Ziggler briefly confronted him this week and this opens up a possible US title feud, which writers are undecided on as of yet, concerned about the somewhat mismatched pair in Burke and Ziggler.

In big news, one of WWE’s hottest free agent prospects has signed with TNA. Mr Kennedy, who was recently fired by the WWE, was set to possibly make a return with the ‘E in recent weeks, but it looks like that isn’t a possibility anymore. Kennedy, now to be known as Mr Anderson, signed a short-term deal with TNA yesterday. Time will tell whether the #2 brand utilizes him more than the WWE did, and if he manages to stay healthy in his new company.

Earlier reports that the WWE is cancelling Superstars have now been confirmed, with various WWE representatives saying that the show will not last much longer. However, the show’s time of cancellation is up in the air, as it could be as far away as Wrestlemania but also as close as after Armageddon. Stay tuned for more updates regarding this.

The WWE has reportedly lost faith in its divas and women’s divisions, citing lack of fresh talent the reason for always pushing the same women in Maryse, Beth, Melina, Michelle and Mickie. Gail Kim’s title reign isn’t as impressive as creative hoped; although she hasn’t been given time to make it better. However, if the same stars are pushed constantly the fans tend to tire (as shown with male divisions) and look for the WWE to push new stars soon. Name thrown up for possible pushes or even title reigns are Natalya, Eve, Kelly Kelly and Katie Lea Burchill.

Moonlight Drive

Regarding Smackdown’s title situation for Armageddon, it has been confirmed that a Scramble match will be contested for Chris Jericho’s World Heavyweight Championship. The WWE writers aren’t idiots and have realised that the wrestlers in the matches could naturally just sit out and not do anything, and they will still go to the main event if they’re not pinned. Because of this, expect an extra incentive to be put into the triple threat qualifying matches, possibly an addition of a different regulation to stop the above tactic from happening.

:y:, interesting to see what it will be

The three matches mentioned above are most likely going to be the only Smackdown matches implemented for Armageddon. Officials have toyed with putting a Women’s Championship match onto the PPV but the idea is unlikely to surface, with a title match more likely to happen on a Smackdown after the PPV. The Intercontinental title is also set to have a big feud but it would be too soon to build something up for Armageddon.

I don't like the idea of the IC & Womens titles missing out on PPV slots so that Main Eventers can wrestle twice, but at least that'll let you build up to something bigger for them at the Rumble, hopefully.

Writers have thought of turning Teddy Long heel in coming weeks. As reported last week, they aren’t happy with his recent character and dying pops. They believed that turning him heel would be a good way to make his character fresher, especially if they incorporated more gangster theatrics. Either way, writers want Smackdown to have a heel General Manager on the Road to Wrestlemania. If this wouldn’t be Teddy Long, then expect somebody else to take over the role. Other names discussed were JBL, Roddy Piper, Ric Flair, Vickie Guerrero and Eric Bischoff.

Long can gtfo. Roddy Piper would be cool to see.

Elijah Burke has proved to be very successful so far on Smackdown, notching up two wins out of as many matches. Don’t be surprised if a winning streak is planned out for the Black Pope to get him over in coming weeks. Dolph Ziggler briefly confronted him this week and this opens up a possible US title feud, which writers are undecided on as of yet, concerned about the somewhat mismatched pair in Burke and Ziggler.

This is no surprise. Burke needs more than two wins before going for the US title, however.

In big news, one of WWE’s hottest free agent prospects has signed with TNA. Mr Kennedy, who was recently fired by the WWE, was set to possibly make a return with the ‘E in recent weeks, but it looks like that isn’t a possibility anymore. Kennedy, now to be known as Mr Anderson, signed a short-term deal with TNA yesterday. Time will tell whether the #2 brand utilizes him more than the WWE did, and if he manages to stay healthy in his new company.

Relevance?

Earlier reports that the WWE is cancelling Superstars have now been confirmed, with various WWE representatives saying that the show will not last much longer. However, the show’s time of cancellation is up in the air, as it could be as far away as Wrestlemania but also as close as after Armageddon. Stay tuned for more updates regarding this.

Just get rid of it right away if you don't want it. No point keeping it if it's just going to be a third (well, fourth) wheel

The WWE has reportedly lost faith in its divas and women’s divisions, citing lack of fresh talent the reason for always pushing the same women in Maryse, Beth, Melina, Michelle and Mickie. Gail Kim’s title reign isn’t as impressive as creative hoped; although she hasn’t been given time to make it better. However, if the same stars are pushed constantly the fans tend to tire (as shown with male divisions) and look for the WWE to push new stars soon. Name thrown up for possible pushes or even title reigns are Natalya, Eve, Kelly Kelly and Katie Lea Burchill.
Ew, please don't push Eve or Kelly. Natty push would be orgasmic though, do that.

seX-Power

Smackdown Week 3 Preview

30xizpk.jpg

Last week on Smackdown the General Manager Theodore Long announced that at Armageddon there would be a Championship Scramble match contested for the World Heavyweight Championship held by Chris Jericho, with two triple threat matches held as qualifiers earlier in the night. The participants from those triple threat matches will go head to head tonight in 6-man tag team action. CM Punk teams with MVP and Jack Swagger to face Matt Hardy, John Morrison and Mark Henry in Smackdown’s main event! Don’t miss it!

Also announced last week by Theodore Long, Chris Jericho is set to compete in a non-title match against the Dreadlock Dynamo Kofi Kingston. Jericho made Kofi submit last week on Smackdown but can he do it again? Or will the Ghanaian Sensation prove to be more formidable than we thought and cause the upset?

Two competitors in the main event are MVP and John Morrison, both of whom are embroiled in fierce rivalries at the moment. MVP battles with his former partner Mark Henry and JoMo goes up against the man who cost him the Intercontinental title in Jack Swagger. Both men will be interviewed tonight and we will get to hear their thoughts exclusively on Smackdown.

Elijah Burke looks to extend his winning streak to 3-0 on Smackdown tonight. He faces his toughest challenge yet in the 300lb Mike Knox, who will be looking for revenge after Burke defeated his tag team partner last week. Watching this match will be the Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler, who seemed to take notice of Elijah Burke last week.

In women’s action, there are set to be two tag team matches taking place tonight, including the two teams that battled last week. Michelle McCool and Beth Phoenix defeated Mickie James and Melina 7 days ago but now they are in separate matches. Michelle and Beth take on Eve and Maria while Mickie and Melina battle Natalya and Layla. Which teams will prevail in what is sure to be an exciting pair of matches?

The Unified Tag Team Championship tournament continues tonight with its second first round match. The duo of JTG and Shad, or Cryme Tyme, will go up against the newly formed duo of Drew McIntyre and Finlay. The United Powers, as they are called, made quite a debut last week, but can they follow it up with a victory? Make sure to tune into Smackdown tonight to find out who will make the semi-finals alongside the Colons!

Announced Card

MVP and John Morrison are both interviewed
Chris Jericho v Kofi Kingston
Unified Tag Team Championship Tournament: Drew McIntyre & Finlay v Cryme Tyme
Mike Knox v Elijah Burke
Michelle McCool & Beth Phoenix v Eve & Maria
Natalya & Layla v Melina & Mickie James
CM Punk & Jack Swagger & MVP v Matt Hardy & John Morrison & Mark Henry

Moonlight Drive

MVP and John Morrison are both interviewed
Questions will be answered, possibly.

Champions don't lose, especially not to smurfs.

Unified Tag Team Championship Tournament: Drew McIntyre & Finlay v Cryme Tyme
They're going to win this whole thing.

Mike Knox v Elijah Burke
Going for the upset

Michelle McCool & Beth Phoenix v Eve & Maria
You said you were going to push new talent, tonight's the night to start.

See above. One heel win and one face win, also.

Cos Matt Hardy's on the other team.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
My Late ECW Review (Sorry):

Christian/Regal promo: A in character promo with Christian showing his cockiness and making Regal angry just make this a classic promo for the Instant Classic. A good promo and seeing Regal being the ECW Champ made the Ruthless Roundtable a real dominating faction in the franchise.

Great Khali vs. Masters: Seeing Masters won against an intimidating monster (some sort of...) means something and that's a push coming for Masters but it still unsure since they will have a rematch at the next show. I am kind of a Masters mark myself and I will def like if he will be over again in this No DQ match with Khali.

Burchill vs. Shelton Benjamin: A good match to see in real life. A fast paced ruthless encounter between two athletic wrestlers with several usual suplexes between the two. We might also see an improvement of feuds here that could really be interesting.

Christian vs. Hurricane: What a main event, a good clean fight between two faces. This gave Christian some momentum towards Armageddon while on the other hand, Hurricane also gain overness in it. I liked when you let Hurricane be saved after getting hit with the Killswitch. Hurricane also got some amount of offenses against Christian that let me say he isn't a joke in this show. At the end, the Roundtable showed up which is expected, to give Regal some share of momentum towards the PPV.

Great show and you didn't make me feel that ECW is a joke on how you book it. Nice matches and some stars got really over, special mention to The Hurricane and Chris Masters here. There are some interferences but it didn't mess the show as it improves your storylines and feuds. I give this show 4/5 comparing to the real one :thumbsup:

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
ECW~!

Opening promo didn't hit as hard as it shouldv'e. I don't know, I just thought it should be better, and more intense considering the Extreme Rules match that's approaching. Even when these two were arguing it still wasn't intense. I did like that you pin-pointed Regal's character to a tee. Perfect. Christian sounds like a dork when you portray him as a face. I'm sorry if no one says it, but "IT SEEMS TO ME LIKE THE FANS THINK YOU SUCK" is terrible, bro. Heel turn ftw. Calling him a pom was the best thing Christian said tbh. Suprised the American's know what a pom is also. Shit I didn't know what it was until a foreign poster told me lol. I guess that's just my lack of knowledge though >.< Anyways, 'nuff said. The promo wasn't great because of Christian. Turn the bitch plz.

Masters getting pushed is probably the best thing right now on ECW. THANK GOD. I mark for the meat head, and him taking down that moron from The Longest Yard was good. As for the match, I cant really sink my teeth into it because its recapped. It's like a piece of a sammich' you ask your friend for, and he ends up giving you the end with barely any of the ingredients or the works. I didn't approve of the referee bump so early in the night, and Master's using a chair to bring him down was pretty gay. I think he wouldv'e gotten even more over as a dominant heel if he did it cleanly, and cheated on the pin or something. Maybe even a lowblow should have suited better.

No DQ rematch? Masters is winning again lol. Not really looking forward to it as I think he should be moving to bigger(not literally) & better things. But being that Armageddon is only one more show away, there's not much he can do really. Oh wellz :Sad:.

Two cheap wins in a row isn't good. Whatever happened to clean endings? Match was also whatever for the reason stated earlier. The last spot however seemed cool, although I don't see why Burchill's dumbass would jump at an upright Benjamin. Seem's LKP-ish really. I guess we're going to see another Extreme Rules Match between Hurricane & Burchill which means that there is going to be another cheap win in the main event that is more than likely the next match in the one hour show.

Oh nevermind, I just read the aftermath of the match. Make that two Extreme Rules Matches coming up in the near future. Great.

Alright, main event time. As Zack Ryder would say, "WOO WOO WOO"~! Anyways, pretty good action. When Helms went in the air you said he took his time going hurriedly to the turnbuckles. Um sure, okay, that makes sense. rofl. Like I said the action was better than average, being that its a recap & all. I loved the fast, and quick backside cover attempts and all that mess. Its stuff like that, that gives me a warm, wet, and sexy feeling inside me. No homo ofcourse. Christian is I guess making the Super Killswitch a new finisher? Christian winning with the frogsplash ftw. Whoa, beat down after the match. Told yah so. Christian's still losing at Armageddon tbh.

Overall, decent show. I'll try to see which show I can really stick with before Armageddon. ECW seems to lack interest but I'll sporadically check in on it. I might stick to RAW being that I enjoy your style of writing. I hate seX :shifty:. Kiddin', but yeah, we'll see how the rest of the Armageddon Speculation & Build-up goes.

seX-Power

Smackdown Week 3

30xizpk.jpg

The Smackdown video concludes, as well as a small video package showing what happened last week. Included is Mark Henry beating MVP in a street fight, John Morrison defeating Jack Swagger and Chris Jericho/CM Punk prevailing over Matt Hardy/Kofi Kingston. We cut to the arena where the show’s pyrotechnics are just finishing up.

The show begins with the familiar explosion of pyro followed by Chris Jericho’s music. The World Heavyweight Champion walks out onto the stage with his belt around his waist, and the crowd let him know how much they hate him with a chord of boos. Jericho smirks and makes his way down to the ring, indifferent to the heat he is getting. He walks up the steps and then gets into the ring, before taking his belt off and slinging it over his shoulder.

Chris Jericho: At Armageddon, I will have to defend my title in a championship scramble match... and before I address my potential opponents I have to ask something. Is General Manager Teddy Long insane?

The crowd boos Chris, who frowns.

Chris Jericho: Does he think that it’s fair to have me defend my title against not one, not two, but four other competitors? I know Teddy’s kind isn’t too good with numbers but surely even he must realise that this means I only have a 1 in 5 chance of winning.

The crowd pops at the high chances Jericho will lose.

Chris Jericho: Fortunately, I have a lot of things on my side. I have skill, I have strength, I have speed, I have technical ability... I am the Superstar of the Year for 2008 for a reason! I am the best in the world at what I do!

There are more boos as now Jericho smiles.

Chris Jericho: I guess all of these things kinda level the playing field, and it tilts even more in my favour when you see the caliber of opponents that could potentially end up in the title match at Armageddon. Seriously, are they really the best Smackdown has? Really? No wonder I am the single greatest entity on Friday nights.

There is more heat and Chris continues to grin.

Chris Jericho: Let’s start with CM Punk {big heat}. Punk is nothing more than an annoyance, a preacher... he seems to be worried more about promoting his useless straight edge lifestyle than winning any matches. Seriously, when you’re as successful as me you’ll realise the benefits of having normal habits. I have champagne with the Chairman of the WWE, I smoke cigars with celebrities. Punk misses out on this because of his ideals and that’s why he’s pathetic. That’s why I pinned him two weeks ago in the main event.

The crowd gives a mixed reaction as they don’t like either man.

Chris Jericho: Moving on to MVP {boos}. He is the perfect example of a hypocrite. Two weeks ago he turned on his tag team partner Mark Henry and then last week he called him out as fat and useless {boos}. I can relate to this, having recently parted ways with the Big Show. However, the difference between us is that I pinned my former partner to win the World Heavyweight Championship at Survivor Series... he got pinned by Henry last week on Smackdown {cheers}. This proves that MVP is all talk and how he even has the opportunity to face me for my title is absurd.

There is another mixed reaction, leaning towards cheers, something Y2J isn’t accustomed to.

Chris Jericho: And then we have Jack Swagger {again boos}. Another hypocrite it seems. Two weeks ago he cost John Morrison the Intercontinental Championship after attacking him in his title match {heat}. I respected him after this, because he was making his mark on Smackdown. However, like MVP, he goes on to lose to Morrison the next week, proving that Swagger too, is all talk. Jack Swagger proclaims that he is the future, but with performances after last week he’s proving himself to be nothing more than a pathetic dork with a lisp.

The crowd is almost entirely cheering now, surprisingly.

Chris Jericho: Speaking of the man that humiliated Jack Swagger, we’ve come to John Morrison {big pop}. Not long ago Morrison reminded me of myself, in that he was rising through the ranks quickly and that he was doing so with dignity. When he debuted on Smackdown earlier this year I saw him rising to the main event, but since then everything has changed. He decided that the best path for him would be to shamelessly pander to the fans, wearing cheap furs and flashing cheesy grins in order to sell merchandise. Well the only thing that got him was a second tier title, and he’s even lost that now. Morrison went down the wrong path, and I will prove it to him at Armageddon.

The crowd begins to boo again, losing respect for Jericho.

Chris Jericho: Moving on to Mark Henry {many cheers} who is one of the most hopeless things in the WWE right now. He has been here for over 10 years and has never won a World title. A waste of space that should have been fired long ago... that’s how Henry is best described. I don’t even need to continue.

There is some big heat at the cutting down of Henry.

Chris Jericho: And finally... last... and probably least we have Matt Hardy {great pop}. Failure is a word that I think well describes Matt {boos}. He gets chance after chance but always seems to blow it somehow. It’s a pity though; he’s always had to play second fiddle to that excuse of a human being, his brother Jeff {insane pop for the mere mention of Jeff}. You know, I bet Matt is secretly glad he’s gone because it has allowed him to be anything more than a joke. Matt, I know you’re not used to wrestling for World titles but maybe Armageddon will be the time you can finally prove to the world that you’re not as pathetic as you seem. Or, more likely, you will fail like every... other... time.

There is some great heat for these comments and Jericho chuckles.

Chris Jericho: So you see, in this perspective it seems almost natural that I will retain my title come next Sunday. Armageddon will only elongate the great title reign that all of you are witnessing. Four of the six sycophants that I mentioned will be in the ring with me for the main event but not one of them has any chance at-

*SOS... I hear dem shoutin’!*

The crowd pops as Jericho looks to the entrance ramp, annoyed. He frowns as Kofi leaps onto the stage and does his ‘Boop, boop’ mannerisms to an explosion of pyro. Kingston has a mic in his hand and he begins to talk as he walks to the ring.

Kofi Kingston: Hey, hey, cut the music {music stops}. Chris, are you done? Are you done with cutting down half the Smackdown roster? Well there is one person you forgot-

Chris Jericho: I was actually just getting to you, Kofi. You are a liar, a fake. Pretending to be Jamaican in order to get a few extra cheers and sell a few extra T-shirts. I applaud you’re ability to maintain an accent for so long, but apart from that, I think you’re pathetic.

The crowd boos as Kofi stops on the ramp and looks annoyed.

Kofi Kingston: Well I suppose I should say that I’m really from Ghana; in West Africa {he begins to walk}. My parents didn’t want me to be embarrassed of where I came from; it was their idea to have me pretend-

Chris Jericho: Exactly, you are nothing more than a pretender. You are a fraud, Kofi. A fraud!

The crowd boos as Kofi stops again, this time almost reaching the ring.

Kofi Kingston: After coming clean about my origins I realised that there is an advantage of being from Ghana. In Ghana, there are no rules. People don’t cut promos on each other and call each other names {he begins to walk}. In Ghana, it is every man for himself {he starts to walk up the stairs}. In Ghana, the people have to survive {he gets into the ring}... by beating each other up!

Kofi gets nose to nose with Chris Jericho who doesn’t look amused. The crowd pop and begin to start a chant encouraging the two to fight. There is a cold silence as the two stare at each other, even though the arena is buzzing. Neither man takes a step back but then Jericho makes the first move by shoving Kingston back, as the crowd boos. Kingston quickly regains his composure and smiles, nodding his head. Suddenly he lashes out and clocks Jericho with the microphone, nailing him on top of the head. The crowd goes crazy as Kofi begins to pound Jericho with punches, and the Ayatollah of Rock ‘n’ Rolla tries to escape. Eventually, a referee runs down to separate the two and both of them catch their breath, waiting on opposite sides of the ring as they prepare for their match. The commentators discuss what just happened, before we go to our first commercial.

***COMMERCIAL***

We come back from break and get some last minute hype for the upcoming non title match between Jericho and Kofi, before going to the match itself.

MATCH 1
Non-Title

(Single)

After the bell rings Kofi Kingston’s tenacity and hunger for victory allows him to dominate the early proceedings with a few strikes and a signature high angle dropkick to the chin. Kofi means business tonight as he keeps the World Heavyweight Champion down after a flying forearm smash, which he follows up with a missile dropkick that gets a two count. Kofi then looks to capitalize with the Boom Drop off the top rope but Jericho rolls out of the way and catches Kofi in a small package for a two count. A one handed bulldog and double underhook backbreaker later and Jericho is in control. To slow down the pace, Jericho puts Kofi in an Argentine backbreaker submission and for a good thirty seconds keeps him in the hold, wearing him down and hoping for a tap out. Kofi tries to fight out but Jericho begins to spin and goes for the backbreaker drop but before he can execute it Kofi shifts position and catches Jericho with a hurricanrana. After some more back and forth action with counters, including Kofi escaping the Walls of Jericho, we see the sequence of events leading up to the finish. Jericho ducks the Trouble in Paradise and nails Kofi with a Step-Up Enzugiri. He looks to capitalize with a Lionsault but Kofi rolls out of the way and hits the SOS, before he goes to the top rope. He waits for Jericho to get up and dives down, only for Y2J to catch him with a Codebreaker in the middle of the move. Kofi goes down and the World Heavyweight Champion scores the 3.

WINNER- Chris Jericho by PINFALL in 12:36

The crowd boos as Chris Jericho’s music plays and the World Heavyweight Champion prevails once again. He has his arm raised by the ref and quickly snatches his title belt away. Kofi Kingston rolls out of the ring and recovers in pain as Jericho celebrates and the commentators put over his victory. We then go to a video package.

Tonight we are treated to a video package highlighting the tag teams of the WWE. It begins with Smackdown two weeks ago where Teddy Long announced there would be an 8 team tournament to decide the new Unified Tag Team Champions. We see a tournament bracket with all 8 teams, showing that Priceless have already been eliminated thanks to the Colons on Raw. We then see highlights of the teams in the second match, to take place tonight. Cryme Tyme and the team of Drew McIntyre and Finlay are shown in a split screen, before some of their highlights play. The third match up is to be Jesse & Festus against Regal’s Roundtable and highlights are shows, especially of Ezekiel Jackson and Vladimir Kozlov who would look like favourites in the tournament. The final match is to be decided as we see two black boxes where the tag teams would be. We then go back to the tournament bracket, which now has pictures of the tag titles in the centre. We fade away to a commercial.

***COMMERCIAL***

We go backstage to where Brandon Powers is with Montel Vontavious Porter, whom the crowd boos profusely upon seeing. MVP is sporting casual clothes and as always, his signature chain that he wears around his neck. He looks distressed about something and seems to be looking around often, in a somewhat suspicious manner.

Brandon Powers: Montel, two weeks ago you shocked the world by turning on your former partner Mark Henry-

MVP: Hey, not so loud brother! I don’t want him hearing his name or...

MVP begins to mumble as a puzzled Brandon shrugs his shoulders and continues.

Brandon Powers: Regardless of what has happened, you are going to be competing at Armageddon in a triple threat match with Mark Henry and CM Punk. As long as you aren’t pinned in that match then you progress to the main event where you take on Chris Jericho and three other men for the World Heavyweight Championship. What are your thoughts on the possibility of you becoming a world champ?

MVP: {speaking quietly} Let me tell you... whoever you are...

Powers is about to cut in but MVP brushes him off with a shake of his head.

MVP: I don’t care who you are, but you and the rest of the world should know that me being World Heavyweight Champion was meant to happen. MVP doesn’t feel like MVP without some gold around his waist. I’ve got all the bling in the world man, but the collection doesn’t feel complete without a title belt. At Armageddon I will not only progress to the main event but I will get the final fall in the championship scramble and I will become Champion!

The crowd boos as they don’t want this to happen.

Brandon Powers: Tonight, you are also partnering with CM Punk and Jack Swagger to take on the team of Matt Hardy, John Morrison and Mar-

MVP: Shhhh, I know who is in the match. Frankly, it’s not on my mind as my eyes are already on the prize; the prize being the World Heavyweight Champ-

There is a bang in the background as MVP suddenly begins to panic and look around frantically.

Brandon Powers: Is there anything else-

MVP: Man, I gotta go, this interview is over...

Montel doesn’t even finish his sentence as there is suddenly another bang in the background. A few seconds later there is a bang, but it sounds a lot closer, and Mark Henry bursts into the shot as the crowd pops. Henry looks angry and he throws equipment out of the way, before running into a frightened Brandon Powers.

Mark Henry: Which way did he go!?

Brandon Powers: Err... who-

Mark Henry: MVP goddammit!

Brandon cowers backwards and points the way that Montel went before Mark Henry immediately begins to charge in that direction. We see a shot of a scared Powers as he watches the World’s Strongest Man pursue his foe, before we cut to the ring where the commentators mention that Henry must still want more revenge against MVP.

Eve’s music then plays and she runs out onto the stage to a pop, accompanied by her tag team partner for the evening in Maria. The duo slap hands with all the fans along the ramp, before sliding into the ring and high fiving each other.

The Women’s Champion’s music then begins to play as Michelle McCool and Beth Phoenix walk out onto the stage to heat. Beth looks angry and Michelle looks bitchy as the duo walk to the ring, keeping their distance from each other. Beth slides in while Michelle uses the stairs, and they meet each other in their corner. Both teams then talk to each other before the match starts, and the crowd buzz in waiting.

MATCH 2
Michelle McCool & Beth Phoenix v Maria & Eve
(Tag Team)

Eve starts the match in the ring with the Women’s Champion and the bell rings. The two ladies lock up and Michelle pushes Eve forward into a corner and is forced to break the grapple. She does so, but then doubles Eve over with a powerful kick to the gut. Michelle grabs Eve and whips her into the ropes, only to be nailed with a crossbody block on the rebound. The crowd pops as Eve rolls into a cover, only for McCool to roll through. She knees Eve in the back and then runs off the ropes, before nailing her with a standing baseball slide. Michelle tags in Beth, who runs in and picks up the recovering Eve, only to be nailed with a forearm to the gut. Eve gets in two more strikes to the midsection, but then Beth will have no more as she nails a fisherman’s suplex for a near fall. Beth then puts Eve in an abdominal stretch and maintains the hold, while the crowd rallies behind Eve and encourages her to break the hold. She naturally does, but before she can go for a tag Beth spins her around. However, the Glamazon is hit with a dropkick out of nowhere and staggers away, allowing Maria to be brought into the match. Maria runs in as Michelle is also tagged and she nails the champ with two clotheslines in succession. Maria runs off the ropes and goes to nail Michelle with the Beautiful Bulldog but the Women’s Champion pushes her forward into the opposite ropes and nails her with a big boot on the way back. Michelle picks up the limp Maria and nails her with the Faith Breaker, which naturally is followed by the victory.

WINNERS- Michelle McCool & Beth Phoenix by PINFALL in 3:49

There are some lesser boos from the crowd as Michelle and Beth have their arms raised by the referee, successful as a team despite having their differences. They then hold each other’s arms up and Michelle goes to leave but Beth pulls her back and levels her with a clothesline! There is a mixed reaction as Phoenix picks up the Women’s Champion and hits her with the Glam Slam, with authority! The reaction of mostly cheers continues as ‘Glamazon’ plays and Beth walks to the back, leaving Michelle down in the ring. The commentators discuss a potential title match as we go to a commercial.

***COMMERCIAL***

As we return, we hear some new music. It is a rock-based remix of Finlay’s old music, ‘Lambeg’. We realize whose it is as Drew McIntyre and Finlay step out onto the stage to moderate heat. The tandem walk down to the ring and Finlay shows the crowd the shillelagh in his hand, threatening a few people at ringside with it. The duo slide into the ring and Drew takes a microphone as he prepares to talk.

Drew McIntyre: Tonight, we get our match where we prove to the world that we are the most dominant tag team not only on Smackdown, but in the history of the WWE. We get to be in a first round match for the Unified Tag Team Championship tournament. All we need to do is beat the two losers in Cryme Tyme and we’re one step closer to being the champions. When that inevitably happens, I hope it will show you people not to mess with us. We are your superiors, and we are soon to be your tag team champions! We are the United Powers!

The crowd boos while Finlay takes the microphone.

Finlay: Don’t you people like what we’re saying?

The crowd boos and replies with a resounding ‘No!’

Finlay: Well too bad, because unless you’re willing to personally confront us about it then you’re going to have to learn to live with it. We’re going to be on Smackdown dominating the competition for a good while, so you’d better learn to love us. If we’re bothering you that much, then you can meet me out back and I’ll see that you won’t be able to walk ever again in your life!

The crowd boos as Finlay holds up his shillelagh and shakes it intimidatingly. Someone at the front of the crowd catches his eye though and it’s a man who is abusing Finlay, shouting phrases like ‘you suck’ and ‘go back to Belfast’. Finlay notices this and get out of the ring, before getting in the guy’s face.

Finlay: Oh you don’t like us?

The man replies with a strong ‘hell no’!

Finlay: Well then you’ll hate us even more when we’re the Unified Tag Team Champions!

The crowd boos and the angry man swings at Finlay, accidentally hitting him in the chest. There are ‘ooh’s from the crowd as a pissed off Finlay takes the fan and pulls him over the barricade to the outside. The crowd boos as Finlay takes the helpless man and throws him against the ring apron. Finlay then goes to hit him with the shillelagh but suddenly-

*BROOKLYN, BROOKLYN!*

The crowd goes wild as Finlay looks towards the entrance ramp, where Cryme Tyme are already running down to aid the man. Finlay drops him and scurries back into the ring to Drew, just as Cryme Tyme reaches the outside of the ring. They help the man back to his seat, before sliding into the ring opposite the heels.

Shad: Yoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo yo!

“YO!â€

Shad: Yo!

“YO!â€

Shad: Yooooooooo...

JTG: What’s up, it’s ya boys Cryme Tyme and we’re ready to beat down these two punk asses right now! Y’all wanna see dat?

The crowd pops as Cryme Tyme high five each other.

Shad: We are ready to go through this competition and end up with our first ever tag team championships. Y’all hear dat?

The crowd pops again and Cryme Tyme high five once more, this time in a more complex fashion. JTG goes to say something once again but is interrupted.

Drew McIntyre: Stop! THE PARTY IS OVER! Nobody wants to see you two clowns parade around and make fools out of yourselves every week. They want to see the future of the WWE and a future World Heavyweight Champion, titles bestowed to me by none other than the Chairman himself, Vince McMahon.

JTG: Well he must’ve been loony at the time ‘cause what I’m seein’ here is a wack job dat nobody understand next to a grandpa that carries around a stupid stick all day!

The crowd pops as the United Powers look at each other, decide enough is enough and attack Cryme Tyme. The crowd instantly starts booing as Finlay strikes Shad with the shillelagh while Drew attacks JTG with kicks to the midsection. Drew throws JTG to the side and joins Finlay to double team Shad. However, before any further damage can be done, ‘Mac Militant’ starts playing and out comes GM Teddy Long, to a big pop.

Theodore Long: Hold up playas, what do you think y’all are doing before your big match? You can’t just attack your opponents with foreign objects before you go in big matches like this one! And what do you think you were doing attacking members of my crowd? Get some referees down there to sort this out!

Three referees run down to the ring and make sure the teams don’t touch each other before the match.

Theodore Long: Drew, Finlay, you two don’t run Smackdown, I do! And for what you’ve done today I’m going to make a small adjustment for your upcoming match! I’m making it an Extreme Rules match!

The crowd goes wild as in the ring, Drew and Finlay seems supportive of this decision.

Theodore Long: However, the Extreme Rules will only apply to one team, and that will be Cryme Tyme!

The crowd pops even louder as in the ring the United Powers are furious that only their opponents can use weapons. On the flipside, Cryme Tyme are ecstatic and high five each other once again.

Theodore Long: Hopefully this will teach y’all a lesson in respect. Holla playas!

The crowd pops as Teddy Long goes backstage, and the referees separate the two teams for their match where only Cryme Tyme can use weapons. Before the bell is rung, JTG goes to the outside and retrieves a chair for use later in the match.

MATCH 3
Unified Tag Team Championships Tournament

Drew McIntyre & Finlay v JTG & Shad
(Tag Team- Extreme Rules for Cryme Tyme)

Shad pairs up with Finlay and grabs him in a waistlock, as JTG scares McIntyre out of the ring with the steel chair. The larger member of Cryme Tyme whips Finlay into the ropes and on the way back nails him with a big boot to the face. He covers for a quick two as Drew tries to slide into the ring, only to be ushered out by JTG with the chair. Shad lifts Finlay up and hits him with a scoop slam to cheers from the crowd. Shad lifts him once more and this time it is JTG who drops his chair before knocking him down with a dropkick. The two members of Cryme Tyme then grab Finlay and lift him, putting him in position for a double suplex. However, Drew seizes the moment to slide into the ring with a weapon of his own, Finlay’s shillelagh! The crowd boos as McIntyre hits Shad in the back and the ref immediately calls for the bell.

WINNERS- JTG & Shad by DISQUALIFICATION in 0:49

The crowd is booing intensely as Drew also nails JTG in the back with the weapon. Cryme Tyme fall to their knees respectively as Drew tosses Finlay his shillelagh, before grabbing the chair that JTG dropped earlier. Finlay knocks out JTG with a shillelagh shot to the forehead, while McIntyre wipes Shad out with a chair shot to the back of the skull. Seemingly not bothered by the fact they lost the match and are out of the tournament, the United Powers are eager to beat Cryme Tyme down even more, but referees snatch their weapons and pull them away before they have the chance. The crowd boos as the United Powers ascend the ramp, leaving JTG and Shad out in the ring with referees tending to them. JR and Grisham discuss the scenario before we go to a Raw rebound.

We go to the first Raw rebound of the night and are shown Vince McMahon announcing a huge main event in John Cena & The Undertaker taking on The Big Show & Randy Orton, a match containing all four participants for the WWE title fatal 4 way match at Armageddon. We see snippets of promos by Show and Orton before going straight to the main event. We see the action that takes place before the finish, where Orton pins Cena after a Punt Kick even though the Champ wasn’t even the legal man. Orton celebrates but not for long as his teammate in The Big Show gives him a big Chokeslam after the match.

***COMMERCIAL***

seX-Power

‘Death Grip’ plays to a smallish negative reaction as Mike Knox walks down to the ring with a demonic stare, looking like he has a grudge on everyone. He quickly gets in the ring and hunches in the corner, waiting for his opponent.

Elijah Burke’s music then plays and the Black Pope runs out onto the stage to a big pop. He pumps his fist and punches the air a few times, before jogging down to the ring. He slides in before stepping on the bottom rope and holding his arm into the air as the crowd pops. Burke then faces Knox and gets ready for the match, hitting an imaginary punching bag a few more times in preparation.

MATCH 4
Mike Knox v Elijah Burke
(Single)

The bell rings as Burke does some practice punches while Knox just stares demonically at him. Elijah moves in and grapples the Bearded Behemoth, who pushes him away towards the ropes. Knox runs and goes for a clothesline, but Burke pulls down the ropes and Knox is sent to the outside. Elijah takes the opportunity to showboat a little before turning to Mike and going for a springboard crossbody to the outside, only for Knox to move. Knox takes advantage and works over Burke for a while using his environment on the outside; the ring apron, barricade, ringpost and steel steps. Eventually they go back in the ring where Knox continues to punish Burke with many power moves, before putting him in an Argentine backbreaker submission. Burke fights in the hold but doesn’t seem to be able to escape until the crowd gets behind him and he wriggles out, before nailing Knox with the Elijah Experience! However, both men are down and Burke can’t capitalize on the move. The referee begins his count to 10 but by 8, Burke is already up. He takes Knox and whips him into the corner, but Mike’s intelligence allows him to evade the Elijah Express by turning around and crouching in the corner. However, Burke instead hits a low dropkick to Mike’s face and he then follows up with the Outer Limitz Elbow! Burke pulls the downed Knox away from the corner and then covers him, hooking both legs for the well earned 1... 2... 3!

WINNER- Elijah Burke by PINFALL in 4:32

Burke celebrates his victory and gets his arm raised as the crowd cheers. However, before he has a chance to make his exit, the words ‘I Am Perfection’ ring out over the speakers to the disdain of the crowd. Elijah Burke looks indifferent as Dolph Ziggler walks out onto the stage with his Intercontinental Championship, to a decent amount of boos. He holds his title up high before draping it over his shoulder and grabbing a microphone.

Dolph Ziggler: Elijah, I’ve been watching you. Since you’ve returned you’re undefeated. What is it, 3 and 0 now?

Elijah smiles and nods in the ring while there are some sporadic cheers.

Dolph Ziggler: Wow, it must feel absolutely great to hold victories over such celebrated superstars as Eric “I take orders from a 50 year old bush pig†{pop} Escobar, Charlie “I have the charisma of a thumbtack†Haas and Mike “My beard is more popular than I am†Knox.

There are minor boos as Elijah looks rather annoyed.

Elijah Burke: Wins are wins, Dolph, and at least I am getting mine without help. You wouldn’t have that strap right there on your shoulder if not for the aid of Jack Swagger. In fact, I think that the belt would look pretty good around my waist, what do y’all think?

He motions to the crowd who cheer at the thought of Burke being Intercontinental Champion.

Dolph Ziggler: That’s exactly why I came out here. As a champ, I obviously need a challenger and as fresh talent, you obviously need some better competition. Well I’m right here.

Elijah Burke: Thanks for the offer Dolph and I think I’ll take it. In fact, why bother waiting... you and me could fight for that {points to title} right here and right now!

The crowd pops but then boos as Ziggler shakes his head.

Dolph Ziggler: Not tonight Elijah, I’m sorry. You’ve not quite won my respect yet. You’re going to have to continue to earn a shot at this title, so if you want me to give you a shot then you’d better impress me.

Elijah Burke: Oh don’t worry; I will impress not only you, but the entire WWE Universe!

The crowd cheers as Dolph nods contently, before his music plays and he walks backstage. Elijah stays in the ring and starts to make his exit while the announcers talk about a potential match between the two for the Intercontinental title. We go to a break.

***COMMERCIAL***

We come back and go straight to the Raw rebound of the night, and it is Shawn Michaels’ match against Chavo Guerrero. Shawn, accompanied by his partner the Game, ensures that the match goes exactly how you would expect, with him dominating the Mexican Warrior. However, Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase soon interfered and soon after the Animal Batista also made his presence felt with a Spear to HBK; thus ending the match with a DQ finish. Batista and Legacy beat down DX until Rey Mysterio made the save and challenged the heels to a 6 man tag team match at Armageddon, that they accepted.

Natalya’s music plays to small heat as she and Layla walk out onto the stage. The team of delicious but bitchy divas walks down the ramp and then settles in the ring, taking no notice of the crowd and their dislike of them.

‘Obsession’ then plays to a huge ovation as possibly the two most popular divas in the WWE makes their way out onto the stage. Melina and Mickie James run out onto the ramp and high five each other before they proceed to the ring, with each diva slapping the hands of the lucky people sitting ramp side. The two then slide into the ring at the same time and face their opponents, looking confident and ready to get into the match.

MATCH 5
(Tag Team)

Mickie James and Natalya begin the match, and circle each other as the bell rings. James goes to grapple but Natalya responds with a knee to the gut. She takes the four time Women’s Champion and whips her into the corner. Nattie runs for a lariat but Mickie gets the boots up and the Hart Dungeon Graduate staggers away. James runs and hits her with a Lou Thesz press, before tagging in Melina to a pop. Melina lifts Natalya, who powers her into the ropes and bends her back over the top rope until the referee forces her to stop. She backs away but then runs and clotheslines the Sexican to the outside. Layla approaches the downed Melina but Mickie James comes to support her and stop any illegal interaction. She helps Melina into the ring but as soon as she is on the canvas Natalya begins to unload on her with stomps. Once again the referee shepherds her away and this time Layla is tagged in. Layla kicks Melina and lifts her up, before whipping her into the ropes. However, on the rebound, Melina runs and nails Layla with the Extreme Makeover {hair pull facebuster}! The crowd pops as the Sexican covers, if only for a two count. Mickie James is tagged in and the two divas lift Layla for a double suplex. Melina then runs and dropkicks Natalya off the apron as James lifts Layla and nails her with the Mickie DDT, scoring the pinfall!

WINNERS- Melina & Mickie James by PINFALL in 3:35

The crowd pops as the bell rings and Melina and Mickie James have their arms raised by the referee. It is a strong win for the duo as they celebrate with each other, rolling to the outside and slapping hands with their fans. The commentators put over the victory and talk briefly about the Women’s title before we go to a video package.

We go to the same Edge video package as the previous two weeks and it is met with a big pop. We hear him talk about his injury, saying how he is able to walk and do very light jogging after his Achilles tear earlier in the year. We hear from Edge himself that he will be able to return by the Royal Rumble at the soonest and the crowd is very appreciative of this. We are shown some of the highlights of Edge’s career, especially his many title wins, and after this Edge states that he will become champion as soon as he gets back.

***COMMERCIAL***

We are backstage with interviewer Cristina Legend, and she smiles as the camera pans out to show the Shaman of Sexy John Morrison! The crowd pops as JoMo smiles and takes his trademark shades off for the interview. Cristina beams as she shows Morrison a chair and JoMo sits down before grinning at the camera.

Cristina Legend: It is my sincere pleasure to be here with one of the hottest superstars on Friday Night Smackdown... John Morrison!

The crowd cheers as Morrison continues to smile.

John Morrison: Cristina, that’s only one of the things they call me. You forgot the Guru of Greatness {pop}, the Shaman of Sexy {pop}, the Friday Night Delight {pop} and of course a future World Heavyweight Champion!

The crowd cheers at this thought.

Cristina Legend: Tonight you partner with Matt Hardy and Mark Henry to team up against the trio of CM Punk, MVP and Jack Swagger. What are your thoughts regarding this match?

John Morrison: To be honest, I’m not worried. On my side I have one of the gutsiest competitors the WWE has ever seen in Matt Hardy, and a brick wall in the World’s Strongest Man, Mark Henry.

The crowd pops for Henry and Hardy as Morrison continues.

John Morrison: As for our competition, we have the Ballin’ Super-Dweeb in MVP, the Straight Edge Sucker in CM Punk, and the All-American Jackass, Jack Thhwagger!

The crowd laughs at Morrison imitating Swagger’s lisp.

Cristina Legend: Well John, you can’t forget that Jack Swagger was the man who cost you your Intercontinental title two weeks ago on Smackdown.

John Morrison: I haven’t forgotten, but I also hope that Jack himself hasn’t forgotten that last week I pinned him right in centre of the ring, exposing him as the chump that he is!

The crowd pops once again, as JoMo maintains the grin.

Cristina Legend: I would think that tonight’s match would be in the back of your mind however, since it was announced you would be competing at the Armageddon Pay per View in just under a week. Your first and not necessarily last match of the night is a triple threat encounter with both Matt Hardy and Jack Swagger. What are your thoughts?

John Morrison: First of all, I’m ecstatic to be back on a PPV and it just shows that you have to pay to see the best of the best in the WWE {he winks}. In all seriousness though, I am determined to not be pinned in the match and progress to the main event. Matt Hardy is a great fighter and I’d like to see him advance with me. That leaves Jack Swagger, and if it’s up to me then our match will be the last one for his night.

There are some more cheers as John nods, looking more serious.

Cristina Legend: So you’re saying that you’ll definitely advance to the main event of the night; the Championship Scramble match for the World Heavyweight title?

John Morrison: It’s a big call to make, but I am John Morrison and I have the will to make it. Mark my words; you will see me in the main event. And if the gods look in my direction next Sunday, you’ll see me walking out of Armageddon with the World Heavyweight Championship around my waist.

The crowd goes wild at just the thought of this.

John Morrison: Oh, and when I am the champion, I’ll invite all of my fans into the Palace of Wisdom with me!

The crowd pops once more as Morrison stands up.

Cristina Legend: Thank you for your time, John; it was a pleasure meet-

Legend stops as she looks behind Morrison and the camera pans out to show Theodore Long walking into the picture. He walks up next to Morrison and smiles, with the crowd giving him a pop in appreciation.

Theodore Long: John, since you’re so involved in Smackdown’s main event scene nowadays, I’m a let you stay and be one of the first superstars to hear the announcements I have planned to read out right now.

Morrison looks curious but nods as Teddy continues.

Theodore Long: Regarding the triple threat matches at Armageddon, there will be an extra incentive added to them. Not only will the man who is pinned be eliminated, but the man who makes the pin will enter at the later stages of the Championship Scramble! You won’t just be able to sit around and let the other two men fight it out if you want the extra rest for the main event, John.

John Morrison: Don’t worry, I plan to go out there and pin Jack Swagger, teaching him a lesson on my own.

The crowd pops as Teddy smiles and goes on.

Theodore Long: I also have some blockbuster matches in line for next week. First of all we will see a title match, as Michelle McCool will defend her Women’s Championship against Beth Phoenix, Melina and Mickie James in a fatal four way match!

The crowd pops at the announcement.

Theodore Long: In separate previews for the triple threat matches next Sunday at Armageddon, we will first see Matt Hardy take on the All-American American Jack Swagger in a preview for their triple threat match. And then we shall see CM Punk take on the World’s Strongest Man Mark Henry in a preview of their triple threat match at Armageddon!

The crowd pops for the announcements, especially the latter, as it hints towards the hated CM Punk being squashed by a 400lb beast.

John Morrison: Wait, Teddy, where does this leave me?

Theodore Long: Now, I still haven’t announced the main event. It will be you, John Morrison, taking on MVP in an exhibition match, for the first time ever right here on Smackdown!

The crowd pops again as Morrison nods his head in approval.

Theodore Long: That good enough for y’all? Are you happy, John?

John Morrison: I am ecstatic Teddy, and even more eager to go on to Armageddon and capture my first ever World Championship!

The crowd pops as JoMo kisses Cristina {she’s still there} on the cheek before walking off. Teddy turns to leave but turns right into someone he’s not fond of seeing as an annoyed look goes on his face. The camera pans around to reveal someone who looks kinda familiar, but nobody seems to recognise him.

Theodore Long: Who let you in here? The security here obviously isn’t tight enough, letting strangers in around here...

Teddy starts muttering to himself while the man looks annoyed.

???: I work for you.

Theodore Long: Oh great playa, go and get me a coffee.

???: I don’t think you understand- I’m a wrestler. Curt Hawkins, I’ve been on the roster for a while now.

Theodore Long: Oh, Curt, what happened to you playa? I haven’t seen you around these parts in forever.

Curt Hawkins: Maybe if the half-assed people booked me in a match once in a while you would. They don’t even recognise me when I try to gain access to backstage half the time, can you believe that?

Theodore Long: Doesn’t surprise me too much, I mean, I didn’t even recognise you.

Curt Hawkins: You’re just a stupid old man though, aren’t you?

The crowd boos as Teddy has that ‘step back’ look on his face.

Theodore Long: Don’t be drinkin’ that hate-o-rade, just because you’ve fallen off the face of the earth doesn’t mean you gotta take it out on me.

The crowd laughs as Hawkins looks frustrated.

Curt Hawkins: Shut up, I am more talented than this entire roster and if you just put me in a damn match I would show you!

There are some minor boos as Teddy thinks about it for a second.

Theodore Long: Fine playa, next week you got yo’self a match, right here on Smackdown!

The crowd is indifferent to this while Curt looks incredibly shocked.

Curt Hawkins: You’re... serious? No joke?

Theodore Long: Do you see me laughin’ playa? Y’all had better prepare then, you’ve wasted enough of my time already-

Curt Hawkins: Thank you so much, I will finally get the opportunity to show all the jokers in the locker room and all the low-lives at home who the real alpha male is on this show!

There are some minor boos as Curt scurries away while Teddy finally is able to leave. The camera turns back to Cristina Legend but the crowd starts pouring out heat when they see that none other than CM Punk is talking to her. We cut to them mid conversation.

CM Punk: So you don’t do drugs, you don’t smoke, this is great! How about I get your number and we go backstage for some {whispers in her ear}.

Cristina Legend: That doesn’t sound very exciting.

CM Punk: Oh baby, I’m all about excitement! The excitement of making people tap with the Anaconda Vice, the excitement of putting people to sleep with the GTS... it’s all great!

The crowd boos as Cristina raises an eyebrow.

Cristina Legend: Well I’ll consider it then, but you should probably wash your hair fir-

CM Punk: Yeah, yeah, but I forgot to ask something? You don’t drink do you?

Cristina Legend: Are you kidding me? What is excitement without a few drinks with the girls? You really don’t have a life man, I’m sorry.

CM Punk: I get all the thrills I need pinning people in the wrestling ring.

Cristina Legend: Well that’s great and all, but it looks like you won’t be pinning me down anytime soon.

Cristina palms Punk off and walks away, as the crowd cheers and laughs at the Straight Edge Superstar’s misfortune. We cut away with an image of a dejected Punk, before going straight to the ring for the main event.

The blow up tunnel is set up and the clock starts ticking, setting off something in the crowd that instantly makes them boo. Sure enough, the reason for the heat is none other than Montel Vontavious Porter, who walks out from the tunnel amidst a magnificent pyro. With a chain around his neck, he walks down to the ring where he leaves his bling at ringside and walks up the steps. He leans back on the ropes and does some stretches in preparation for his big 6 man tag team match coming up.

‘Get On Your Knees’ then plays to heat as Jack Swagger jogs out onto the entrance ramp. He shouts and beats his chest as if he were some sort of vicious wild animal. Swagger talks trash to the hostile crowd, before walking down the ramp and doing some push ups on the way, while pyrotechnics go off behind him. Swagger makes his way down to the ring and slides under the bottom rope, joining his team mate in MVP.

CM Punk’s music then plays to masses of heat once again and the Straight Edge Superstar walks out onto the stage. Without doing much and without much expression, Punk walks confidently to the ring where he joins Montel and Swagger. He doesn’t say a thing to either of his teammates and the trio waits for their opposition.

A familiar “OOOHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHH†plays as the crowd goes wild for the entrance of Matt Hardy, who runs out onto the stage with his fist pumping. Hardy panders to the crowd and slaps the hands of his many adoring fans as he makes his way down to the ring. Pyrotechnics go off as Hardy circles the ring once, sharing a moment with his followers before settling on the ramp side of the floor and waiting for his team mates.

Mark Henry’s music then begins to play as the over 400 pound World’s Strongest Man walks out onto the stage to a huge pop. With arms the size of tree trunks and a torso as thick as a whale’s, the impressive sight makes his way down to the ring as the people at ringside look on at his size in awe. Henry has a big grin on his face as he points at MVP and shouts the words “I’m Coming for You†as the crowd boos. Henry shakes hands with Matt Hardy as they wait for the third man on their team.

‘Ain’t No Make Believe’ rings out across the speakers and the crowd pops as John Morrison walks out onto the stage dressed in his signature furs and sporting his trademark sunglasses. Morrison does his slow motion pause as his pyro goes off and the crowd continues to cheer. JoMo takes the coat and glasses off as his fashion items are taken away by officials. He walks down to ringside and joins his two partners. Morrison and Hardy then slide into the ring as Henry walks up the ring steps and the trio reunite when they get back into the ring. The Friday Night Delight’s music continues to play as we go to commercial before the big main event coming right up.

***COMMERCIAL***

We return to Friday Night Smackdown and get right into the big 6 man tag main event, which the commentary team of JR and Todd Grisham finish hyping up.

MAIN EVENT
(6 Man Elimination Tag Team)

The two teams congregate on opposite sides of the ring, forming their own respective huddles and possibly working out game plans. The bell rings and men clamber onto the apron, leaving Punk and Morrison in the ring to start the match. The two lock up and Punk catches Morrison in a hammerlock, before twisting him out and nailing the Shaman of Sexy with a lariat. JoMo almost immediately gets up, right into a side headlock from Punk. Morrison walks over to the ropes and grabs the top one, forcing Punk to break the hold to the referee’s beckoning. Punk steps back but then advances towards John again, only to cop a boot to the gut. Morrison grabs Punk and smacks him with a European uppercut, before nailing him with a high angle dropkick that knocks him down to the canvas. John goes for the cover but Punk kicks out at 1, expectedly. Morrison goes to his corner and tags in Matt Hardy and the crowd pops at his entry. Hardy grabs Punk and nails him with a knee to the head, before catching him in a sleeper hold. Punk flails in the submission but then Hardy ends it by nailing him with a falling sleeper slam. Matt covers but once again Punk kicks out at 1, much to Matt’s disdain.

Hardy lifts Punk and goes to whip him into the ropes, but CM puts the brakes on and whips Hardy into them himself. However, the Man Who Will Not Die springboards off the ropes and flies back at Punk with a crossbody. He connects with Punk’s midsection but the Straight Edge Superstar rolls through and picks Hardy up. He hoists him onto his shoulders for the GTS but Hardy quickly escapes with a few elbows to the chin, putting the crowd’s minds at ease. Hardy goes to grapple Punk, but he takes a boot to the gut and doubles over, winded. Punk then lifts Hardy up and plants him down with a double underhook backbreaker, covering for a quick two count. Punk isn’t fazed however, as he strolls away and gives himself a rest, tagging in the All American-American, Jack Swagger. The crowd boos as Swagger enters the ring and pounces on Hardy, mounting him and slugging him with an array of punches. Swagger picks Hardy up and whips him violently into the corner, the impact being so strong that Hardy ricochets off the turnbuckles and hits the canvas face first. Swagger kicks Hardy onto his back and begins to pummel his chest with a series of boots, but Hardy grabs the bottom rope for support. Swagger however pulls him away and brings him to his feet. He scowls and boots Hardy in the gut, before lifting him for the Gutwrench Powerbomb, only for Matt to reverse it into a DDT mid move and plant Swagger in the middle of the ring!

Both men are down in the centre of the ring and the crowd starts a ‘Hardy’ chant, getting behind him and urging him to get up. The referee begins to count, and by the number 5 Hardy begins to stir. He slowly crawls towards his corner and by the number 8; Swagger is also trying to get the tag. Suddenly, the crowd goes wild as John Morrison is tagged back in and the Guru of Greatness rushes into the ring, immediately nailing Jack with a dropkick to the back, stopping any intentions of him making a tag. Morrison panders to the crowd by raising his fist, before he does some signature breakdancing, which he links into a leg drop, right to Swagger’s chest. JoMo takes the man who cost him the Intercontinental title and covers him, trying to get the same result he did last week. However, this time Jack kicks out at 2 and Morrison looks rather unfazed. He takes Swagger and lifts him to his feet, before knocking him right back down with a spinning heel kick. The Friday Night Delight waits for Swagger to recover to a seated position, before running off the ropes and nailing him with a painful knee to the face! He covers again, but this time MVP breaks up the cover, to heat.

Morrison gets in MVP’s face and the Ballin’ Superstar responds by shoving JoMo, catching him off guard. The referee pushes the two apart, before taking the illegal man in Montel and shepherding him back to his corner, making sure that he goes back on the apron. During this, Swagger sneaks up behind a preoccupied Morrison and stuns him with a remorseless low blow, right behind the referee’s back. JoMo crumples like any man would, and Swagger tags in the man who caused the distraction in Montel Vontavious Porter. MVP runs into the ring, eager to get his first shot in the match. MVP lifts Morrison to his feet and taunts him, before possibly breaking his nose with a facebreaker knee smash. MVP whips the groggy Morrison into the corner and follows up by nailing him right in the jaw with the Playa’s Boot! The crowd winces as Morrison slumps down to the canvas, possibly unconscious. MVP makes the cover, and the crowd fears the worst. 1..... 2..... Morrison gets his leg on the ropes! The referee notices this and breaks the cover, while the crowd goes wild. MVP can’t believe it and argues with the ref, but is forced to accept that JoMo indeed kicked out.

Frustrated, MVP has decided he’s had enough of the match for the time being, as he tags in CM Punk. Punk walks casually into the match and kicks JoMo like he is nothing more than a piece of trash. The crowd boos as Punk lifts Morrison, before whipping him into the ropes and on the rebound nailing him with a vicious snap scoop powerslam. Punk doesn’t cover, instead picking John up again and whipping him once more, this time into his own corner. He runs and smacks Morrison right in the face with the double knee lift, and while he is there he tags MVP back in. Punk then naturally continues with nailing John with the bulldog and Montel is already in the ring. He sees his opponent incapacitated and he realises what comes next, as he does his signature Ballin’ theatrics, which the crowd boos. He then runs off the ropes and nails John in the chest with the Ballin’ Elbow! MVP doesn’t cover, and he instead lurks at the nearest corner, lying in wait for Morrison to begin to stir. JoMo eventually begins to get up but he senses danger, and just narrowly avoids being hit by MVP’s Drive-By Kick! The crowd pops at the escape as Morrison crawls towards his corner to take advantage of a shocked MVP, but Porter grabs him by the leg and drags him over to the other side of the ring, where he tags in Jack Swagger.

Swagger rushes in once again, eager to punish the man who defeated him last week. He grabs Morrison and lifts him right into a scoop slam, wearing him down and preventing him from fighting back with ease. Swagger lifts him up again and this time viciously whips him into the corner before sandwiching him between the turnbuckle and himself with a slingshot splash. He steps back and as JoMo staggers away, he is lifted high into the air. Jack waits a few seconds as if just to gloat, before he sends Morrison crashing down with a vertical suplex. He covers once again, but Morrison manages to kick out once more, if only at the last second. Swagger takes Morrison and puts him in an abdominal stretch, to weaken him down even more. The Guru of Greatness fights the hold for a while but struggles under the intense pressure put upon his stomach. However, after the crowd begins to chant his name he manages to nail Swagger with a few back elbows and escape. Morrison looks to be making a comeback as he nails the All American-American with a forearm smash to the forehead. Jack stumbles away and Morrison advances upon him but is struck with a mule kick, which doubles him over. Swagger moves towards JoMo but then out of nowhere is smacked right on the side of the head with a Pele Kick! The crowd goes wild as both men are down in the centre of the ring. However, Morrison then begins to crawl away and after a few seconds pass he tags in the World’s Strongest Man, Mark Henry!

The crowd goes absolutely ape-shit as Henry enters the match, and upon seeing this Swagger picks up the pace as much as he can, scrambling towards his corner where he manages to tag in a reluctant MVP. Montel doesn’t seem happy about being in the ring with his former partner, while Henry seems ecstatic. MVP tries to take the big man down early with a few jabs, but they hardly faze Mark as he takes the Ballin’ Superstar down with a big headbutt. MVP gets up but as soon as he is on his feet the World’s Strongest Man runs into him like a semi trailer and flattens him like a swatted fly. Mark then pulls up MVP but suddenly is immobilized with a kick to the gut. Montel tries to whip Henry but with a weight like that it is no easy feat and Mark reverses it, managing to whip MVP into the corner. He then runs after him and almost suffocates him with a big splash in the corner. Henry moves away and MVP staggers forward, gasping for air, only to be scooped up by his rival. The Silverback holds him high in his air with both hands, before impacting him on the mat with a military press slam. The crowd pops and Henry runs off the ropes, before running back and landing on MVP with a World’s Strongest Splash! He stays in the cover, but once the ref’s hand is coming down for the three, Jack Swagger breaks up the count with a boot to Henry’s back.

Henry gets up and stares down Swagger, almost making the All American-American shit himself in fear. He cowers back to the apron as Mark turns back to MVP. He lifts him to his feet and whips him into the ropes, but on the rebound Porter nails Henry with a dropkick to the knees, making him sway and stumble. Montel uses the quick opening to get himself the hell out of the ring, as he tags in CM Punk. Punk runs into the match confidently but all of that is obliterated when he runs right into a massive lariat from the World’s Strongest Man. Matt Hardy is then tagged in and Henry lifts him up, before bodyslamming him right onto Punk’s body. The crowd pops as Matt gets up after sacrificing his body for the sake of the team. He lifts Punk to his feet and hooks Punk’s arm before trying for the Twist of Fate, only to be pushed away. Hardy accidentally bumps into MVP on the apron, and the Ballin’ Superstar responds to this by getting into the ring and taking a shot at Matt. However, in reply to this Mark Henry enters the ring and runs up to MVP, before pushing him to the ropes and clotheslining him over the top. The crowd pops as Swagger gets in to try and stop Henry, but he suffers the same fate and is dumped to the outside. John Morrison then runs across the ring out of nowhere and vaults himself over the top rope, taking out both men on the outside with a crossbody! The crowd is cheering by now and they only become more ecstatic when Hardy boots a distracted Punk right in the gut and nails him with the Twist of Fate! They count along with the ref when he shouts the 1... 2... 3!

WINNERS- Matt Hardy & John Morrison & Mark Henry by PINFALL in 17:38

‘Live for the Moment’ plays and the crowd go absolutely wild as their favourites have prevailed in the match! CM Punk rolls out of the ring in pain just as John Morrison slides back in to celebrate with partners Matt Hardy and Mark Henry. All three faces have their arms raised by the referee and they all high five each other in celebration. They continue to embrace in their victory as the announcers recap the stellar main event and thank us for watching this week’s episode of Friday Night Smackdown.

~fin~

Quick Results

1. World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho def. Kofi Kingston
2. Women’s Champion Michelle McCool & Beth Phoenix def. Eve & Maria
3. Cryme Tyme def. The United Powers by DQ in an Extreme Rules match for Cryme Tyme to advance in the Unified Tag Team Championship tournament
4. Elijah Burke def. Mike Knox
5. Melina & Mickie James def. Natalya & Layla
6. Matt Hardy & John Morrison & Mark Henry def. CM Punk & MVP & Jack Swagger

Moonlight Drive

Should be infracted for quadruple posting imo

Promos were kinda iffy tonight. Jericho's started out strong with him building up the Scramble match, but I thought it was just way too generic and pedantic once he started running down every superstar that would be competing against him. Very good to see Kofi gain some character though, even if his reasoning for saying he was from Jamaica made no sense. I really liked Zigglers and the way you used him, it will be interesting to see how that feud develops. Nice development on the United Powers as well, I suspect they'll be taking CT's spot in the tournament. Curt Hawkins is a jobber, pure and simple.

Onto the matches. The highlight was the 6 man tag, every guy got a good chance to show off leading up to the PPV. Kofi getting some build against Jericho was also good. CT/UP was a no contest really, but it still planted the seeds for an interesting storyline. Elijah's win was predictable but necessary. I do have a problem with your womens division though. If you're trying to do something with it, throwaway tag team matches really aren't a good route to go down imo. Singles matches will give them a lot more credibility.

Overall, it didn't blow my mind, but you did make a lot of things to look forward to next week. Continuation of Dolph/Burke, Curt Hawkins storyline, Womens Championship match, etc. Hopefully you keep slowly building up steam as you are now until it all comes together at Wrestlemania.

seX-Power

Superstars Week 3

dgjcdd.jpg

The video for WWE Superstars plays as we are introduced to the show that takes superstars from all three brands in the WWE and lets you view them on the same night! We cut to the arena where pyrotechnics go off and the crowd cheers, ready to kick off the show.

MATCH 1
Paul Burchill v The Great Khali
Paul Burchill makes his entrance to a decent amount of heat while the Punjabi Playboy gets a big pop. The match isn’t really astounding in any aspect, mainly due to Khali’s immobility, but whatever. The opening minute is some Khali domination until Burchill catches him with a chop block and manages to get the big man on the mat. He works over Khali with various submissions but Khali ends up escaping and getting back to his feet. He eventually goes for the Punjabi Plunge but Burchill catches him with a poke to the eyes to heat and Khali is forced to drop him. Burchill capitalizes with a big DDT and he follows up with the Curb Stomp FTW.
WINNER- Paul Burchill by PINFALL in 4:54

We watch the ECW rebound, recapping all that happened on Thursday Night, including Chris Masters defeating Khali in the latter’s ECW debut and Shelton Benjamin defeating Paul Burchill after a distraction courtesy of the Hurricane. We see Christian prevailing over that very superhero in the main event, only to be cruelly beat down after the match by William Regal and the Roundtable.

***COMMERCIAL***

We go backstage to where Smackdown superstar Curt Hawkins is with interviewer Brandon Powers. Powers asks him about his upcoming debut match next week on Smackdown and Hawkins says that even though he doesn’t know whom he will face, he is better than them anyway. He says that nobody that the joke of a GM in Teddy Long can pick is able to beat him, because he is the best thing Smackdown has ever seen.

We then cut to the ring, where Ranjin Singh is standing. He is finally ready to introduce his new client, and the man who we saw in a hood last week comes out to music named ‘Street Fighter’, except this time his face is revealed. Those who recognise him from the independent scene pop as Ranjin introduces him as Kaval, the Warrior. Kaval joins Ranjin in the ring an his manager states that tonight will be the first time that people will witness the great skills of Kaval.

MATCH 2
Eric Escobar v Kaval
Escobar comes to the ring to zero reaction but then Vickie Guerrero joins him and they boo the shit out of Smackdown’s former general manager. Kaval and Escobar face off and Kaval instantly owns him with a headbutt that knocks him to the mat. Escobar is in a seated position and Kaval knocks him with two shoot kicks to the chest, followed by running off the ropes and knocking him down with a roundhouse kick to the temple. Kaval lifts Escobar up and pushes him backwards into the corner, before stunning him with a trio of knife edge chops to the chest, making Escobar turn bright red. Kaval then paces back before running back and knocking Escobar to the canvas with a jumping high kick to the face. Eric staggers away from the turnbuckle as Vickie shouts annoying stuff at him, but Kaval knocks him back down to the mat with a rolling wheel kick. He then goes up top and plays to the crowd who cheer, having gotten behind him in the match, and he leaps off, connecting with a Corkscrew 450° Splash! There is a big pop for the astounding move as Kaval puts Escobar in the dragon sleeper called the Dragon Clutch and he taps out within a second.
WINNER- Kaval by SUBMISSION in 2:31

Following this, we go to the Smackdown rebound showing all that occurred on Friday Night. We see Chris Jericho narrowly defeating Kofi Kingston in a non title match and the United Powers getting themselves intentionally disqualified against Cryme Tyme and proving how badass they are, despite costing themselves a spot in the semi finals of the Unified Tag Team Tournament. We see Teddy Long’s announcements of a Women’s Championship fatal 4 way match for next week and also three Armageddon showcase matches. We then go to the main event, where the team of Matt Hardy, Mark Henry and John Morrison defeated Jack Swagger, CM Punk and MVP after Punk hit a Twist of Fate on Punk.

***COMMERCIAL***

MATCH 3
Chavo Guerrero & Sheamus v Evan Bourne & Gregory Helms
Chavo and Sheamus enter separately and both get rather small heel reactions due to them being jobbers pretty much. Bourne and Helms get a big pop, their high flying style going over big with the fans. Helms and Chavo, who had a match two weeks ago on Raw, start the match and like that match it is Helms who is dominating. He uses his quick offense to take control of Guerrero before tagging out to Bourne, who keeps the ball rolling. Evan nails Chavo with his top rope double knees drop for a near fall, but when he goes up top and tries for the Air Bourne, Chavo dodges. Sheamus is brought in and he begins to work over Bourne’s midsection with a variety of power moves. After a period of domination, Sheamus has Bourne in an abdominal stretch and Helms rallies the crowd up, giving Bourne the energy to fight out of the submission and catch Sheamus with a dropkick, followed by a hurricanrana. Helms is tagged in and he waits for Sheamus to begin getting up before nailing him with a Shining Wizard! Chavo then manages to reach Sheamus and tag himself in but is immediately nailed with the Nightmare On Helms Street, before Bourne is tagged in. Evan lands the Air Bourne on Chavo and gets the three count to a pop.
WINNERS- Evan Bourne & Gregory Helms by PINFALL in 6:00

We go to the RAW rebound and are shown some of the entertaining moments from Monday’s show. We see R-Truth defeating the Miz in a non-title match after a “winners take all” match between Truth/Gail and Miz/Maryse was announced for Armageddon. We then see the Colons defeating Priceless in a spot in the semi finals of the Unified Tag Team Championship Tournament. We see another Armageddon match announced in Batista/Priceless going up against Mysterio/DX in 6-man tag team action. We then go to the main event, which included all four combatants involved with Armageddon’s fatal 4-way title match and ended with Randy Orton and the Big Show defeating the Undertaker and WWE Champion John Cena. However, TBS made his mark after the match and laid out Orton before posing with the title.

***COMMERCIAL***

We return and go to the commentary booth, as the announcers hype up the Armageddon card as it stands today. The matches they go through include: R-Truth and Divas Champion Gail Kim taking on US Champion The Miz and Maryse in a “winners take all” match; Batista, Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase taking on Rey Mysterio, Triple H and Shawn Michaels in tag team action; WWE Champion John Cena taking on The Big Show, Randy Orton and The Undertaker in a Fatal 4-Way for the WWE title; ECW Champion William Regal taking on Christian in an extreme rules match; Mark Henry taking on MVP and CM Punk in a triple threat match where the two men not pinned progress to the main event; Jack Swagger taking on Matt Hardy and John Morrison in a similar match; and the main event of the show with World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho taking on the four previously qualified men in a Championship Scramble match.

MATCH 4
R-Truth v Yoshi Tatsu v Shelton Benjamin
In tonight’s tri-branded main event all three men get good pops, but the biggest would have to go to R-Truth whose rapping entrance went down well with the crowd. For the first minute or so it is chaotic in typical three-person fashion but then Yoshi Tatsu is taken out of the action after being thrown to the outside and landing awkwardly, leaving Shelton and Truth to go at it. Their similar styles make for some interesting back and forth action but R-Truth eventually strings together his usual combination of signature moves (clothesline, flips, dropkick, flips, splits, flips) and gets a two count on Shelton. However, the Gold Standard gets back into the match after reversing the Truth or Consequences (vertical suplex stunner) into a victory roll for a near fall. Shelton gets up and lifts Truth onto his shoulders for a powerbomb but Yoshi re-enters the fray and lands a hurricanrana to Truth, sending him flying off Shelton. The confused Gold Standard turns around, but he walks right into the Yoshi-KO! Shelton rolls out of the ring and Truth and Yoshi go at it, with the Japanese superstar getting the better of Truth, hitting a few unique suplexes and kicks to stay in control. Eventually Yoshi crouches in waiting for Truth to get up and when he does he goes for the Yoshi-KO, but Truth ducks and runs off the ropes, hitting the Lie Detector for a two count. Truth waits for Yoshi to get up and then boots him in the gut, but before he can hit the Truth Conviction (corkscrew scissors kick), ‘I Came To Play’ rings out across the arena. The crowd boos as the Miz appears on the stage and distracts Truth. The United States Champion and Truth’s Armageddon opponent runs up to the ring and begins to trash talk Truth, allowing Shelton Benjamin to sneak into the ring behind him. Miz points behind Truth as the rapper turns around and is completely blindsided with the Paydirt! Shelton gets the three count as Miz looks on and grins. After the match, the United States Champion slides into the ring and looks to attack Truth but he is out of nowhere nailed with the Yoshi-KO! There is a pop as Shelton then picks him up and drops him with the Paydirt! Shelton and Yoshi lift Truth up and they celebrate together over the fallen US Champion to end the show.
WINNER- Shelton Benjamin by PINFALL in 10:27

Quick Results

1. Paul Burchill def. The Great Khali
2. Kaval def. Eric Escobar
3. Evan Bourne & Gregory Helms def. Chavo Guerrero & Sheamus
4. Shelton Benjamin def. Yoshi Tatsu + R-Truth