WE IS GOOD CAN BTB~!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seX-Power

Smackdown Week 1 Preview

30xizpk.jpg

Coming off Survivor Series we saw Chris Jericho become the new World Heavyweight Champion by pinning his former tag team partner, team Punk go over team Hardy in a Survivor Series match and Batista and Mysterio fight to a no contest. We also witnessed a shock draft where Smackdown received great superstars such as Kofi Kingston, Jack Swagger, Mark Henry, Melina and MVP; only to lose equally great superstars Batista, Rey Mysterio, The Great Khali and The Undertaker! With the roster given such a shake up, tonight’s edition of Smackdown will be one not to miss!

In the main event of Survivor Series, Chris Jericho won the World Heavyweight Championship again after pinning The Big Show. Former champion The Undertaker is now on Raw, leaving no other challengers for the title. Jericho is set to address the crowd on his win tonight, and don’t be surprised if any hungry members of the Smackdown roster make a statement by challenging Jericho for his title!

In a big match up, new draftees MVP and Mark Henry are set to show off their skills as a team on the Blue Brand as they will be in action. Their opponents will be none other than the Hart Dynasty, who looks to pick up a big win against the new members of the roster. Be sure witness some great tag action when these two teams collide tonight!

Also in action will be the Fighting Irishman Finlay, who is set to take on everybody’s favorite redneck Jimmy Wang Yang!

We all remember Michelle McCool and Melina’s great rivalry over the Women's Championship before Melina was drafted to Raw. Now the Sexican is back on Smackdown and the fire between her and the champ looks to be rekindled as they go head to head in a championship bout tonight! Michelle has been a strong champion so far, but Melina looks to unseat her on her very first night back on Smackdown!

In a big announcement, we will find out what happens regarding the Unified Tag Team Championships, which were vacated on Raw by The Big Show who no longer wished to team with Chris Jericho. On Raw we were told that the situation would be addressed on Friday night and Theodore Long plans to do so tonight. Smackdown’s very own Teddy Long has been given the responsibility to figure out what to do with the vacant titles and we will find out tonight!

Announced Card

Chris Jericho’s first night as World Heavyweight Champion on Smackdown
Theodore Long’s announcement regarding the Unified Tag Team Championships
Women's Championship: Michelle McCool © v Melina
The Hart Dynasty w/Natalya v Mark Henry & MVP
Finlay v Jimmy Wang Yang

seX-Power

Smackdown Week 1

30xizpk.jpg

The Smackdown video, with all the new superstars acquired in the post Survivor Series draft, concludes and we cut to the arena. The show opening pyrotechnics finish up as Jim Ross and Todd Grisham open the show, reminding us of Smackdown’s newest superstars, including MVP, Mark Henry, Jack Swagger, Kofi Kingston, Yoshi Tatsu, Eve and Melina. They hype up what’s in store tonight, as well as our newest world champion, before being cut off.

Pyrotechnics rock the stadium as the crowd jeers at the all too familiar sound of ‘Break the Walls Down’, the World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho’s entrance music. The title he won less than a week ago at Survivor Series is draped over his shoulder and he is wearing a grey suit, typical attire for Y2J. Jericho maintains the smug aura as he makes his way to the ring and casually walks up the steps. With a cocky smile on his face he is handed a microphone and he waits for the crowd’s booing to die down as he enters the ring.

Chris Jericho: Boy does it feel good to upgrade. As ‘exhilarating’ as holding the Unified Tag Team Championships with a fat waste of space is, a superstar of my caliber just craves more. More glory, more recognition... and more gold. Here I am, holding my sixth World Championship, and I can’t help but... gloat a little. Chris Jericho, the Superstar of the Year 2008... soon to win the award for a second time. I’ve been Intercontinental Champion and Tag Team Champion this year, and now I’m holding the biggest one of all- the World Heavyweight Championship. Not The Undertaker’s world championship... my world championship.

Jericho gets heat as the crowd is reminded of him pinning the Undertaker to win the title at Survivor Series, something they utterly despise.

Chris Jericho: Taker’s gone now though, skipped off to Raw where he can spread his demonic ‘hocus pocus’ on some other sycophants. Smackdown is now my kingdom, nobody else’s. It’s going to stay that way for a while people, so stop booing. This gold {he raises his title belt} isn’t going anywhere.

The fact that Jericho told them to stop booing has only intensified their anger, and they begin to jeer even more profusely.

Chris Jericho: Nobody is holding me down anymore... not Edge, nor the ‘Big Slow’ or ‘Fat Show’ or whatever you guys are calling him these days {smarks snigger}, nor anyone else for that matter. Chris Jericho is finally free of unwanted baggage and has the full capacity to dominate this show for-

*OOOHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHH*

The fans erupt with cheers as Chris Jericho looks towards the entrance ramp, annoyed. What he sees is not something he wants, as Matt Hardy runs out on to the stage to the fans delight, his fists pumping. Hardy runs down to the ring and slides in, emanating sheer energy. Jericho looks slightly concerned and backs himself into a corner, while Matt grins and plays to the crowd for a while more before grabbing a microphone.

Matt Hardy: Shut up, Chris.

The fans go wild while Jericho simply frowns.

Matt Hardy: You wanted to gloat? Well you don’t think that gloating is all a champion does, do you? You’re going have to defend that pretty little girl {points at world title} sometime soon. And I know somebody who would love nothing more than to get a shot at her.

The crowd cheers and begins a ‘Hardy’ chant, as Matt walks towards Jericho and gets nose to nose with him.

Matt Hardy: Me!

The crowd pops again as Jericho distances himself from Hardy.

Chris Jericho: And what makes you think you deserve a shot at my title? What have you done recently of any note? The only things I seem to recall are rekindling your bromance with your unemployed brother and getting injured a few more times. I’ve never been injured, Matt.

The crowd boos Jericho as Hardy frowns and his fists shake, but he restrains the part of him that wants to knock Jericho out.

Matt Hardy: Apart from representing Smackdown in the winning team at Bragging Rights-

Chris Jericho: That was my winning team.

Jericho smirks as Matt pauses, realising that indeed he hasn’t done many noteworthy things recently on Smackdown.

Matt Hardy: If you’d just let me show you why I should get a shot at your title then I would gladly kick your ass right here right now!

Jericho looks concerned and takes half a step back but before Matt can make any moves, ‘This Fire Burns’ blares over the PA. There is a heap of crowd heat as CM Punk steps onto the stage smiling. He cracks his wrists to show the X’s on his hands, before walking to the ring. Neither Hardy nor Jericho meets Punk with welcomed tones and when the Straight Edge Superstar slides into the ring he is met with cold stares.

Chris Jericho: I suppose you’d want a shot at my title as well?

Punk nods while Jericho maintains the icy glare.

CM Punk: I am far more deserving than anyone else on Smackdown, especially this drug-abuser right here. Matt, does being a meth head run in the family?

There is insane heat as Matt can hardly contain the anger.

CM Punk: How is the family nowadays actually? I’m curious. Is Jeff living at home since I made him lose the only job he ever had? Is he spending his unemployment cheques on cigarettes and painkillers? Tell him that he’ll need to keep spending, because the pain I inflicted on him will last a lifetime.

Matt is literally shaking with pure hatred as Punk smiles and Jericho looks slightly concerned about the situation that may occur.

Matt Hardy: Punk, when will you finally realise that you’re living a joke? Nobody cares about all this ‘straight edge’ crap that you’ve been preaching to the world. People backstage, people around the entire world, they’re all thinking of ways to get you to shut the hell up. Well they just found a way...

Matt advances towards Punk with fists held up until Jericho steps in to boos, as the crowd wanted to see the shit get beaten out of Punk.

Chris Jericho: Both of you need to calm down, you two are on my show and I don’t want ambulances to be driven in on the first night. How about you two go at it in tonight’s main event to settle your differences? Does that suffice?

Hardy and Punk both look reluctant but then nod subtlety as Jericho grins. The champ is about to leave when the Smackdown General Manager Theodore Long’s music starts to play. The crowd pops as Chris rolls his eyes at the sight of the GM appearing on stage.

Theodore Long: Chris Jericho, hold on a minute, who in the world told you that this was your show? Who said that you could start calling the shots around here all of a sudden?

The crowd pops again as Jericho uses his trademark shifty eyes.

Theodore Long: Now I respect that you’re trying to make Smackdown a better show and you did announce a great match for tonight. However playas, I think I might tweak it a little and include the champ in it as well, making tonight’s main event a non title triple threat match! Chris Jericho taking on CM Punk, taking on Matt Hardy, holla!

The crowd cheers as the three superstars in the ring step away from each other and exchange nervous looks. The commentators recap what just happened, as well as putting over the great main event that was just announced.

***COMMERCIAL***

We come back from break and JR and Grisham recap the opening promo leading to Jericho v Hardy v Punk being announced for later tonight. The music of the Women’s Champion plays and out comes Michelle McCool who receives more heat than she is used to, hinting towards an active crowd. She gets in the ring and places her title neatly inthe corner, before waiting for her opponent in this championship bout.

‘Paparazzi’ hits to a big pop, even for men’s standards, as Melina returns to Smackdown in fitting fashion, with photographers, feathers and a red carpet. She tops it all off with her splits on the apron, but as she executes the amazing (and yummy) feat of athleticism Michelle McCool knocks her off the apron with a baseball slide to heat. Melina is in an awkward position, not aiding her fall to the ground. Michelle slides to the outside and immediately grabs the flustered Sexican, before shoving her into the ring.

MATCH 1
Women’s Championship
Michelle McCool © v Melina
(Single)

The bell rings and Michelle takes advantage of the state Melina is in, grounding and pounding her and trying to take an early advantage. However the resilient fan favorite is soon back on her feet and she lashes back out at the Women’s Champion with some trademark offense, including hitting a running hair pull facebuster for a two count. Melina looks to be heading towards victory and she attempts the Twisted Tower (Sunset Flip Powerbomb), only for Michelle to throw her down onto the canvas face first. Michelle capitalizes and works Melina over, showing her full moveset before putting her in a camel clutch submission. As the crowd rallies her up, Melina escapes, only to be thrust shoulder first into the corner and hit with the Wings of Love. Alas, it only gets a two count and Michelle’s frustration leads her into foolishly going for the Faith Breaker too quickly, and Melina catches her in a roll up. There is a kick out, but Melina uses her momentum to put Michelle in position for the Twisted Tower. She sits on her back and screams out to a pop, but before she can execute the move, Beth Phoenix comes running out from the crowd and clotheslines Melina off McCool and down to the canvas. The bell is rung to show the disqualification, meaning Michelle retains.

WINNER- Melina by DISQUALIFICATION in 5:20

Melina is down on the canvas as Beth lunges at her one more time, pummeling her with hard fists. The crowd boos this cheap attack but then begins to cheer wildly as Mickie James’ music plays and the former Women’s Champion runs down to the ring. She slides in and immediately jumps at Beth and begins to suffocate her with a flurry of elbows. McCool tries to subdue Mickie but her energy is overpowering and she nails Michelle with a kick to the stomach. The heels retreat to the outside and Mickie tends to Melina, helping her up to her feet.

Michelle McCool: Melina, this is what happens when you mess with me. I know people that will come and mess your ugly face up like Beth just did.

Michelle nods and smiles while Beth looks at her with an “oh no she didn’t” face. She grabs the mic off McCool, who seems puzzled.

Beth Phoenix: Michelle, I am not your friend. I am hardly your ally- the only thing that brings us together is our combined hate for Melina.

Melina: So I take it you haven’t forgotten that I beat you for the Women’s Title earlier this year?

Before Beth can say anything Michelle snatches the mic off her, which receives a cold look from the Glamazon.

Michelle McCool: But then Melina, I took that title from you and now here it is-

Michelle realises that she actually doesn’t have her title with her, and in the ring Mickie James smiles as she holds it in the air.

Mickie James: Are you sure this thing isn’t too heavy for you to carry, Michelle? I would know; I’ve held it four times.

Melina: And when I beat Michelle for the title in a rematch, I will have held it four times as well!

Mickie James: Whoa, back the truck up. Rematch?

Melina looks rather puzzled and grabs the title from Mickie’s hands.

Melina: Yes, since I was going to win tonight before plus size Barbie over there ruined it for me, I deserve another match.

Beth Phoenix gives Melina a dirty look and shouts trash talk into the ring before Michelle chimes in.

Michelle McCool: I can see that y’all want shots at my title...

Melina throws the title over the ropes to Michelle with a glare on her face, as the champion drops it but then quickly places it on her shoulder.

Michelle McCool: And I’m gonna consider letting some of you at this. But for now, it’s mine and you’re all going to have to deal with that.

There is some heat, before Michelle’s music plays and she walks to the back, with three hungry ladies staring her down behind her. The commentators discuss what could come of this situation, before we head to break.

***COMMERCIAL***

As we return, the music of the Hart Dynasty plays and all three members appear on stage to a decent amount of heat. They make their way down to the ring and Natalya wishes her boys good luck (with a special kiss to Tyson) before the tag team slides into the squared circle. They play to the crowd, who respond with a number of boos and jeers.

Not long later, the clock begins to tick and the crowd pops as MVP runs out onto the stage, sporting his bling. The crowd’s reaction then intensifies as the World’s Strongest Man follows him out. The recently formed tag team high five and make their way to the ring, high fiving fans along the way. They slide into the ring, sporting their matching outfits, and get ready to begin the match.

MATCH 2
Tyson Kidd & David Hart Smith w/Natalya v MVP & Mark Henry
(Tag Team)

Starting the match in the ring are MVP and Tyson Kidd. The two smaller men in their respective teams go at it for a while, with MVP using his size advantage to get the better of Kidd. MVP tries to muscle Kidd into a corner but the Hart Dungeon graduate escapes with a stiff knee to the abdomen. Tyson then nails a dropkick to the knees and while MVP regains his balance, the much larger David Hart Smith is tagged in. Smith takes advantage of MVP not being 100% and goes on the immediate offensive, using an array of power moves to take advantage in the match. He shoves Montel into the corner and attacks him with a trio of shoulder thrusts before picking him up for a scoop slam, which garners a two count: not nearly enough to put MVP down for the count. Tyson is tagged back in and he springs over the apron and into the ring with one swift motion, showing his athleticism. Tyson pounces on his opponent and lays down the boots, before lifting him back to his feet. He tries to whip MVP but it is reversed and Kidd himself is sent running into the ropes. Tyson however manages to be one step ahead of the Ballin’ Superstar and jumps onto the ropes, springing back with a clothesline. However, MVP is a further step ahead and manages to duck the clothesline, leaving Tyson to crash and burn. MVP then crawls slowly towards his corner before tagging in his tag team partner, Mark Henry!

The crowd erupts for the introduction of the World’s Strongest Man into the match, just as DH Smith returns to the match at the opposite end of the ring. The two larger men rush into each other and Henry knocks Smith off his feet simply by running into him with his hulking frame. David gets up groggily but a clothesline from Mark sends him right back down to the canvas. Henry then hits a splash on Smith and follows it up with a bearhug to wear him down. After releasing him, Mark Henry whips him into his own corner back first before walking up to him. While the referee’s view is obstructed Tyson kicks Henry through the ropes, right in the family jewels. Mark winces in pain and Smith uses the opportunity to knock him to the ground with a big boot. Smith then jumps on Henry while he is down and does his best to stop him from standing up again, using submissions and strikes to keep him on the canvas for a good minute. Eventually David realises that it isn’t winning him the match, and he pulls Henry to his feet, somewhat of a struggle with Henry’s 400+ pound weight. He lifts Mark onto his shoulder for a Running Powerslam, but before he can even take a step the weight overwhelms him and he falls under the pressure, Mark landing on top and getting a two count. Both men crawl over to their partners and Smith gets the tag first, putting Tyson back in the match. On hands and knees, Mark crawls over to MVP and tags him in. However, as soon as MVP moves through the ropes, Tyson has already reached him and he uses Mark Henry’s back as a platform to launch himself upwards to connect with an Enzugiri on MVP. He falls down in shock and as Smith pulls Henry away, Kidd pulls MVP in for the quick cover, grabbing the tights and getting the surprising three count.

WINNERS- Tyson Kidd & David Hart Smith by PINFALL in 9:17

The crowd boos the use of the tights and at the same time is shocked that the ending came out of nowhere. The music of the Hart Dynasty plays and Natalya slides into the ring to celebrate with her boys. The trio leaves rather quickly, just as MVP recovers in time to see the replay. He sees how Tyson used Mark to increase the power of the move and becomes angry, chastising his tag team partner, thinking he cost them the match and that he was helping their opponents on purpose. Henry shakes his head and insists that it was an accident and misunderstanding, but MVP replies by nailing him with a dropkick to the face!

As the shocked crowd looks on, MVP then nails the staggering Henry with a boot to the head, knocking him to the canvas. Boos begin to fill the arena as MVP slides out of the ring and takes a few steps up the ramp, before looking at the fallen monster behind him. MVP then turns around and runs back to the ring, where he looks under the apron, finding something that makes him very content indeed. MVP pulls out a chain, part of the ‘bling’ he used to wear in the not-too-distant-future. MVP slides into the ring and immediately whips his probably now former tag team partner in the back with the chain! As the boos grow louder, MVP repeats the same attack twice before choking Mark out with the chain until the World’s Strongest Man is spluttering and gasping for air. MVP then puts the chain down and smiles to the crowd, who is by now giving him a very heated reaction. MVP waits a few seconds for Mark to stir, and then takes a few steps back before running up and cracking him in the side of the head with an intense Drive-By Kick! MVP’s music plays but is almost drowned out by the heat from the crowd. Montel grabs his chain and waves goodbye to his former partner, before sliding out of the ring and making his way to backstage. The commentary discuss what we just saw, labeling MVP’s attack as sickening and hard to watch. We head to a commercial.

***COMMERCIAL***

We come back straight to a Raw Rebound, where we first see Vince McMahon’s announcement that there will be no more guest hosts and he is the new General Manager of Raw. We see Cena’s altercation with the Big Show and the making of their non title match. We cut straight to the main event, where Show pinned Cena after Randy Orton interfered and hit Cena with the RKO while the referee was down. Show and Orton went to attack Cena, but DX made the save only for Batista to tip things in the heels’ favour again. However, the Undertaker then made his Raw debut after being drafted and came to the aid of Cena and DX. The four fan favourites stood tall to end the show.

Jimmy Wang Yang is already in the ring, and when Finlay’s music plays he receives a decent reaction from the crowd. Without his trusty shillelagh, he jigs down to the ring, in a pleasant mood as always. Finlay enters the ring and cracks his knuckles, staring at his opponent and waiting for the match to begin.

MATCH 3
Finlay v Jimmy Wang Yang
(Single)

The match begins with Finlay wrestling Yang to the mat, showcasing his technical, power and submission advantages over the redneck. Finlay grapples him and immediately puts him in a sleeper, but Yang manages to slip out and fire away with kicks. Jimmy showcases his speed with combinations of kicks, chops and a hurricanrana. Yang flies off the ropes with a crossbody but Finlay knocks him in mid air with a clubbing blow to the head, stopping Yang dead. Finlay then nails a suplex before he is distracted by music over the speakers. He looks to the entrance ramp where Drew McIntyre runs down to the ring, steel chair in hand. Drew is about to swing at the man he has been having a short feud with, but stops and instead hits Yang. The referee calls for the bell.

WINNER- Jimmy Wang Yang by DISQUALIFICATION in 2:04

McIntyre hits Jimmy once more before slipping out of the ring, leaving Finlay looking confused. The Fighting Irishman’s music plays but he still doesn’t know what just happened, as Drew slips away to backstage. The crowd murmurs and the commentators try to figure out Drew’s motive, and we cut away.

We go to a video package for none other than the Jamaican Sensation and new Smackdown Superstar, Kofi Kingston. We see some footage of his matches, mostly from his US title reign on Raw. We hear him talking about all the things he will accomplish on Smackdown, but surprisingly without the Jamaican accent, something he hasn’t used for some time now. As the ‘new’ Kofi Kingston states his intentions for the World Heavyweight Championship, we see him hit the Trouble on Paradise on various opponents in the background. We learn that Kofi will be in action on Superstars before leaving with a graphic that reads ‘Kofi Kingston: Coming to Smackdown next week!’

***COMMERCIAL***

As we return, we are greeted by the music of Theodore Long, and the Smackdown General Manager receives a warm reaction from the crowd. The GM struts down to the ring, microphone in hand and is ready to make an announcement. The crowd hushes in apprehension and there are some quiet murmurs from the curious audience.

Theodore Long: Holla playas, I hope y’all are feelin’ great about tonight’s show, and remember that still to come is the triple threat main event with Chris Jericho, CM Punk and Matt Hardy!

The crowd pops, excited for the match.

Theodore Long: However, right now I gotta address a different situation, and it is one regarding the unified tag team championships. If you tuned in to Raw, you would know that The Big Show forfeited the titles and the Chairman of the WWE Vince McMahon gave me the responsibility to decide what happens next. With no champions, I had an idea to crown the next ones. So, I will officially announce an 8 team tournament to decide the next Unified Tag Team Champions! Teams from all three brands with matches on all four shows, with the final of the series being held at the Royal Rumble! Holla at me playas, how does that sound to y’all?

The crowd cheers in approval.

Theodore Long: That’s great; I’m predicting an exciting and fun fill-

*I AM PERFECTION*

The crowd boos as Teddy Long frowns and looks to the entrance ramp where Dolph Ziggler emerges, with his hair slicked back and a cocky smile on his face. Ziggler struts down to the ring and grabs a microphone, before walking up the steps and standing alongside Teddy.

Dolph Ziggler: T-Lo, I needed to talk to you and since you were already out here, I just took the opportunity as it came. There’s just one thing I want to ask you Teddy and it’s about something that I truly deserve. I want another shot at John Morrison’s Intercontinental Championship. And I want it now!

The crowd boos, not wanting Ziggler to fight for any titles whatsoever, and the GM’s reply is a simple smirk.

Theodore Long: Well, D-Ziggles {the crowd pops}, don’t you think that you’ve had enough shots at the Intercontinental title? I mean, you were still fighting for it back when Rey Mysterio was champion. What has it been, 4 title shots now? Or has it been-

Dolph Ziggler: I just want one more. One more shot and I know that I will reach my destiny. Perfection deserves gold, and the Intercontinental title beckons.

Theodore Long: You want one more shot Dolph? Well I’m all about ratings and I can’t pass up a championship bout like this- you’ll have your match and it will be right now!

The crowd gives a mixed reaction as Dolph smiles, taking his vest off for his match.

Theodore Long: Hold up playa, I’m not quite done. Dolph, I may add that this will be your last ever shot at the Intercontinental title, so if you lose, you’re gonna have to wait until someone else takes the strap off the Shaman of Sexy. And just to spice up your match, I’m going to make it no disqualifications!

The crowd pops as Ziggler looks slightly nervous at this addition, but he still forces the arrogant smile.

Theodore Long: So we have ourselves a match! After the break it will be John Morrison taking on Dolph Ziggler for the Intercontinental Championship in a no disqualifications match!

The crowd cheer as Teddy’s music plays and the GM begins to walk back up the ramp. Ziggler remains in the ring as the commentators discuss the upcoming match and refer back to the announcement of the tag title tournament. We fade to commercial.

***COMMERCIAL***

As we return, ‘Ain’t No Make Believe’ begins to instantly play and the crowd pop loudly for the Guru of Greatness. With the Intercontinental Championship over his shoulder, JoMo makes his slow motion entrance while Ziggler watches from the ring. He makes his way down the entrance ramp and slides into the ring, before standing right in the centre and holding his title up high. He hands the title to the referee and now it is anyone’s game, as the crowd talk amongst themselves about the upcoming match.

MATCH 4
Intercontinental Championship
Dolph Ziggler v John Morrison ©
(No Disqualifications)

In a back and forth match from the get-go, both men invest all their efforts in trying to prevail. The crowd is into it throughout the whole bout as Ziggler and Morrison both show off their whole movesets. Nearing the middle of the match, Ziggler manages to duck the Flying Chuck and nail the champ with the Zig Zag, but Morrison kicks out to the crowd’s relief and Ziggler’s astonishment. After this moment Dolph goes to the outside and tosses a Singapore cane, a trash can and a steel chair into the ring. There are some spots with the weapons, including Morrison dropkicking a chair into Ziggler’s face and Dolph landing a spinning neckbreaker onto the trash can lid. The finish comes when JoMo nails the Flying Chuck and then puts a steel chair on the laid out Ziggler. He goes up top and prepares for Starship Pain but then someone runs out from the crowd and runs to ringside. He pushed Morrison down to the canvas and slides into the ring, where the whole crowd gets a clear view of new Smackdown superstar Jack Swagger! Swagger picks up the Shaman of Sexy and nails him with a Gutwrench Powerbomb, putting him through a trash can! Morrison is out and as Ziggler recovers he crawls over to pin John for the 1, 2, 3, meaning we have a new Intercontinental Champion!

WINNER- Dolph Ziggler by PINFALL in 12:45

The bell rings and the crowd pour out heat towards Jack Swagger who is grinning wildly. He stands over Morrison and beats his chest, before exiting the ring, obviously proud of himself. As Swagger leaves to boos, Ziggler gets to his feet in the ring and snatches his new Intercontinental title from the referee. He laughs at the fallen Morrison before holding his title up high, as the crowd continues to boo. Ziggler too begins to make his exit as the commentary team recaps what just happened, with Swagger interfering to take out JoMo and hand Dolph Ziggler the Intercontinental Championship. We go to commercial once again.

***COMMERCIAL***

Relatively unfamiliar Latino music plays over the speakers and the crowd is rather confused until Eric Escobar walks out onto the stage. He receives little to no reaction until his girlfriend and manager Vickie Guerrero follows behind him and the arena is deafened with boos. The couple locks arms and Eric pecks Vickie on the cheek, before they walk down to the ring. Escobar helps Vickie up the steps and hands her lady a microphone, but she has to wait for the crowd to quiet. They eventually do and Vickie smiles devilishly before going to speak.

Vickie Guerrero: Excuse me... excuse me!

There is an uproar of boos from the crowd as Vickie seems to enjoy the reception.

Vickie Guerrero: EXCUSE ME!!!

The crowd boos even louder and Eric grabs the microphone, before cursing at the audience in his native Spanish, which gets a ‘What?’ reaction. Eric shouts some more in his mother tongue but the crowd responds the same way. He turns towards Guerrero, who looks apologetic and takes the microphone back.

Vickie Guerrero: It is my honest pleasure to once again introduce to all of you the finest young superstar to ever step foot on Smackdown, Eric Escobar! And I also forgot to mention... he’s also the best lover in the world!

They turn towards each other and engage in a kiss, which the crowd boos profusely. Vickie turns around, slightly annoyed.

Vickie Guerrero: What, you don’t appreciate our love?

The crowd boos and this angers Guerrero more.

Vickie Guerrero: Just because the only love any of you hillbillies get are from cheap blow up dolls and your fat brothers and sisters doesn’t mean you have to boo our true romance! All of you people are jealous hypocrites; you wish you were as happy as we-

Vickie is cut off by some vaguely familiar music and the crowd pops just for the interruption. The entire arena turns towards the entrance ramp where none other that Elijah Burke steps onto the stage! The crowd cheers even louder as Burke has a microphone in his hand, and he talks while he strolls down to the ring.

Elijah Burke: Please welcome the official return of The Elijah Experience in World Wrestling Entertainment! It’s my official debut on Smackdown and I prepare to make this the greatest saga of my career!

The crowd pops again while Vickie looks frustrated.

Vickie Guerrero: What do you think you are doing here?

Elijah Burke: I’m sorry; I just thought it would be fitting to make my official return once the most annoying person on Smackdown was in the ring. And hey, you’ve got the most boring person on Smackdown next to you so you two do make quite a couple. Vickie, your lover here came out here expecting an opponent and here he is. {Elijah slides into the ring} The Black Pope is pumped up to get back into the ring, so what do you say you shut your snout and we witness my great return come to fruition?

The crowd pops as Vickie goes to say something but is stopped by Escobar, who leads her down the steps and out of the ring. Eric looks at Elijah and prepares to fight, looking for revenge after the things he said about his girlfriend.

MATCH 5
Eric Escobar w/Vickie Guerrero v Elijah Burke
(Single)

The bell rings and from the get go, Escobar can not match Burke’s speed and intensity as Elijah showcases his amateur boxing background with some quick strikes. As Escobar struggles to regain focus Burke then takes over with some knees strikes, before tackling his larger opponent to the ground and unloading with more punches. Burke gets up and panders to the crowd, who cheer as if he had always been a face. Elijah turns towards his opponent and grabs him but Escobar shifts the momentum and shoves Burke into the corner post shoulder first. Vickie’s boyfriend then targets the shoulder of Elijah with stomps before putting him in an armbar. Burke tries to fight out and gets to his feet but Escobar immediately nails an STO and reapplies the submission. After some time in the hold the crowd’s interest waves, but is brought back to life when Burke fights to his feet a second time, this time pulling himself away and drilling Eric with a dropkick. Elijah then follows up by quickly nailing him with the Elijah Experience, which gets a pop. However, before Burke is able to make a cover, Vickie Guerrero climbs up onto the apron and distracts the referee, which garners some heat. However, Burke then walks up to her and shrugs his shoulders, before nailing Vickie with a lariat that sends her to the floor below! The crowd goes wild as Burke moves back to Escobar and picks him up, before Irish whipping him into the corner where he hits the turnbuckles front first. Elijah then rallies up the cheering crowd before running up and nailing Eric with the Elijah Express! The pinfall afterwards is only natural and the crowd pops for the victory.

WINNER- Elijah Burke by PINFALL in 3:48

With Escobar down on the inside of the ring and Vickie on the outside, Elijah’s arm is raised and he flashes his money-making grin. The Elijah Experience is successful in his debut and he is ecstatic; his music blares as he walks back up the ramp. The commentators hype up Elijah Burke even more before we head to commercial again.

***COMMERCIAL***

We return and go to a video package for Edge, which the crowd responds to with a good reaction. We hear him talk about his injury, saying how he is able to walk and do very light jogging after his Achilles tear earlier in the year. We hear from Edge himself that he will be able to return by the Royal Rumble at the soonest and the crowd is very appreciative of this. We are shown some of the highlights of Edge’s career, especially his many title wins, and after this Edge states that he will become champion as soon as he gets back.
We go backstage where Ranjin Singh is pacing around with a mobile phone pressed to his ear and a worried look on his face.

Ranjin Singh: What do you mean he’s gone? ... ... ... Drafted? ... ... ... What are you talking about? ... ... ... He’s my brother!

Ranjin slams the phone shut and anxiously walks at a brisk pace until he finally sees someone.

Ranjin Singh: And who were you?

{???}: Brandon Powers, one of the new interviewers around here.

Ranjin Singh: Ah, great, so can you tell me about this draft?

Brandon Powers: I know that they held a draft right after Survivor Series, it was announced on WWE.com.

Ranjin curses in his native Indian before shaking his head as if he were confused.

Ranjin Singh: And what happened to my brother?

Brandon Powers: Khali right? {Ranjin nods} As far as I remember he was drafted away. Sorry.

Ranjin looks rather depressed as Powers shrugs his shoulders.

Brandon Powers: Maybe you could find someone else to manage?

Ranjin’s eyes light up and he strokes his chin, thinking about this statement as Brandon walks away. Singh suddenly rushes off as we cut away.

We go to our second Raw rebound of the night and it is Gail Kim pinning Maryse in her first title defense after the Eat Defeat. The Miz came out after the match and the US Champion helped Maryse try and attack the Divas Champion, but Evan Bourne ran out for the save. Afterwards we see Bourne take on Miz and defeat him after the Air Bourne, securing a title match at a later date. After the match we learn that the US title will be on the line between the two next week, an announcement from the new GM Vince McMahon.

We go to the ring and for the second time in the night, we witness the great pyro that precedes Chris Jericho’s entrance and the crowd spare no boos the second time. The World Heavyweight Champion looks indifferent to the situation, a stern frown on his face showing his lack of interest in the match at hand. He walks to the ring slowly, before carefully handing his title to a ring official- it won’t be on the line tonight.

Next out is CM Punk, who also receives a negative reaction. He stops on the stage and makes an X with his arms, showing the symbol of straight edge, which only seems to infuriate the crowd even more. Punk cracks his wrists and walks down to the ring, where he slides in to join Jericho in waiting.

Finally, Matt Hardy’s music plays and he gets a reaction that rivals the ones his brother Jeff got before he was fired. The ‘Man Who Will Not Die’ appears on the stage pumped up for the match. He pumps his fists and slaps the hands of people along the entrance ramp as he makes his way to the ring. Hardy slides in and both of the heels back away a bit when he enters the ring. Matt initiates a four corner salute as we move into a short break before tonight’s triple threat main event.

***COMMERCIAL***

MAIN EVENT
Non-Title
Chris Jericho v CM Punk v Matt Hardy
(Triple Threat)

The three competitors circle each other, not taking eyes off each other. The bell rings and Matt Hardy immediately lunges at CM Punk, possibly getting some early retribution for the things he said about his brother, Jeff. Chris Jericho, realising that being the World Heavyweight Champion may result him being targeted, slinks back towards one of the corners of the ring and watches the other two go at it. Hardy continues the attack on Punk with elbows and forearms, not letting the Straight Edge Superstar getting any breathing time. Punk retreats to the ring ropes and looks at the referee, but triple threat rules include no disqualifications and so Hardy keeps attacking Punk. He nails a hard uppercut, before again whacking Punk’s chin with a discus punch. Hardy then clotheslines the battered Punk over the top rope and he falls to the outside, to cheers from the crowd. Hardy keeps his eyes fixated on Punk and prepares to vault himself over the ropes at him, but when he begins to pull himself upwards Chris Jericho pulls him down from behind. Hardy hits the canvas back first and writhes around in pain as Jericho stomps on his back to add to the impact. Jericho lifts Hardy up and whips Matt into the corner, where he hits the turnbuckles back first. Jericho walks up to Hardy and pulls him away from the corner, before delivering a dropkick to the back, obviously showing his intentions in targeting the injured body part. Jericho then goes up to the second rope, but before he can land a move on Hardy, CM Punk sneaks up on him from behind and pushed him down to the canvas. Jericho lands on his feet and staggers, but Punk uses this time to make his way to the top. As soon as Chris turns around he is shocked to see Punk soaring towards him but it is too late as the flyingclothesline knocks him off his feet!

Both Jericho and Hardy are down in the ring and Punk surveys the damage, before lifting Matt to his feet. He then whips him into the corner back first, noticing the pain Jericho inflicted on that area previously. CM then lifts the champ himself and whips him into the same corner as Hardy, and they have an awkward stomach-to-stomach impact before Jericho falls away. Punk then runs at Hardy and nails him in the jaw with the double knee lift. He clenches Hardy’s neck and pulls him away from the corner for the bulldog but Matt pushes him away and sends him running into the opposite ropes. Punk comes back running and ducks a clothesline from Matt, only to run right into a clothesline from Jericho, who was recovered and lurking behind Hardy. Jericho then lifts Punk back to his feet and hooks him for a suplex, but is then shocked to see that Hardy wants in on the move. The unlikely allies dually hook Punk and lift him for a double suplex, but when Punk is in the air Matt unhooks himself and sweeps Jericho’s legs, sending both of his foes falling to the ground. Punk gets the worst of it and rolls away in pain, while Jericho is immediately lifted up by Hardy. Matt takes the World Heavyweight Champion and snaps him with a swinging neckbreaker, before ascending to the second rope. Matt waits for Jericho to get up, before jumping down and nailing him with a diving elbow, cracking him right on the top of the head. Jericho falls to the ground and rolls out of the ring, but Matt has no time to celebrate as Punk is now on his feet. CM runs at Hardy for a clothesline but it is ducked, and Matt nails Punk with a Side Effect!

Matt covers Punk but the best outcome that results is a mere two count. Hardy curses and drops a knee on Punk to keep him down. He climbs to the top rope once again but this time faces the crowd. He points at them and garners a wild cheer, before daringly making a leap backwards with a Moonsault. The accuracy is pin-point but just before Hardy lands Punk raises the knees and Matt sails ribs first into them. The crowd groans, feeling Matt’s pain as Hardy rolls off Punk, hugging himself to compensate for the pain. Punk and Hardy both take time to get to their feet and as they do, they glare at each other while taking some time to catch their breath. Punk makes the first move, throwing a tired right hand at Hardy, who responds with a block and an elbow to the chest. Punk staggers back with the wind knocked out of him, as Hardy puts him in a side headlock. Punk kicks his way out, before continuing to use his powerful legs as weapons, kicking Hardy twice on the legs and then once in the stomach, making him double over. Punk then hooks Hardy’s arm, attempting to put him in the Anaconda Vice. He is successful, and the crowd begins to cheer behind Hardy to try and motivate him to break the powerful hold. Luckily he doesn’t need to worry about breaking the hold as Chris Jericho slides into the ring and kicks Punk in the back to stop the submission.

Jericho throws Punk off of Hardy and then lifts the ‘Man Who Will Not Die’ to his feet. Jericho grabs Hardy by the chin, before aggressively punching him square in the face. Hardy staggers back and Jericho out of nowhere cracks him with the Codebreaker! Jericho immediately covers but it is broken by CM Punk. The two heels then agree to team up, as they both grab Hardy and then double Irish whip him into the ropes, and on the rebound they nail him with a double dropkick that sends Hardy rolling out of the ring. Jericho and Punk then turn towards each other, and Punk strikes quickly with a kick to the midsection, which is promptly dodged. Jericho advances with a knee to the gut, before attempting an enzugiri which is ducked by Punk. As Chris gets up, CM knocks him back down with a low dropkick to the kidneys. Jericho rolls away in pain as Punk nails a standing knee drop, again to the kidneys. The Straight Edge Superstar lifts up the champ and nails him with a standing stunner and as Jericho groggily falls back Punk lifts him onto his shoulders for the GTS. Punk tries for the move but Jericho reaches out with his fingertips and manages to find the ropes, pulling himself to safety. Jericho uses the ropes to pull himself along to the corner, where he wriggles free of Punk’s grasp to get onto the top rope. Punk however follows Jericho onto the top rope and the two trade punches until Matt Hardy gets on the apron on the outside and pushed Jericho down to the floor below. He then climbs up onto the top alongside Punk and surprises him with a Twist of Fate, that takes him all the way down to the mat! However, before Matt can cover, Jericho grabs his pants and throws him out of the ring, before picking up the scraps and covering Punk for the sneaky pin!

WINNER- Chris Jericho by PINFALL in 11:59

The bell is rung and the World Heavyweight Champion grabs his title as his music begins to play. He quickly retreats to the back as the crowd boos, while Punk is incapacitated in the ring and Hardy is on the outside, frustrated that he came so close to winning only to lose. Jericho celebrates on the stage and the commentators recap the stellar main event, before the Smackdown logo appears and the show fades to black.

~fin~

Quick Results

1. Melina def. Women’s Champion Michelle McCool by DQ so the title is retained
2. Hart Dynasty def. MVP & Mark Henry
3. Jimmy Wang Yang def. Finlay by DQ
4. Dolph Ziggler def. John Morrison to win the Intercontinental Championship in a No Disqualifications match
5. Elijah Burke def. Eric Escobar
6. World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho def. CM Punk, Matt Hardy

seX-Power

Superstars Week 1

dgjcdd.jpg

The video for WWE Superstars plays as we are introduced to the show that takes superstars from all three brands in the WWE and lets you view them on the same night! We cut to the arena where pyrotechnics go off and the crowd cheer, ready to kick off the show.

MATCH 1
Zack Ryder v The Hurricane
The Hurricane receives a great reaction as always, mainly thanks to the kids, while Zack Ryder gets a fair amount of boos, nothing to brag about though. The match is back and forth and reminiscent of the old Cruiserweight division that used to be on Smackdown. Both men showed their athletic sides to get the crowd pumped up before slowing down to show their matching technical prowess. Late in the match, Ryder attempts the Zack Attack but the Hurricane counters with a chop block, before going up top. He waits for Ryder to get to his feet before jumping for a Flying Crossbody, but as he soars through the air Zack nails him with a dropkick. Hurricane hits the mat hard as Ryder makes the cover, putting his feet on the ropes as he gets the sneaky pin. The crowd boos the tainted victory as Ryder quickly leaves, panting after the intense match, leaving Hurricane beginning his painful recovery in the centre of the ring.
WINNER- Zack Ryder via PINFALL in 5:39

We go to the ECW rebound, beginning with Tiffany’s announcement of the #1 contendership match next week featuring Christian, Paul Burchill, Shelton Benjamin, Zack Ryder and the Hurricane, as clips featuring those 5 men are shown. We then cut to the show’s main event of Christian and the Hurricane taking on Regal’s Roundtable, with Regal predictably getting involved. However, Paul Burchill, Shelton Benjamin and Zack Ryder also interfered and contributed to the end result of Christian pinning Kozlov after a Killswitch. We see Shelton, Hurricane and Christian standing over Burchill, Ryder and Regal’s Roundtable before seeing an Armageddon graphic showing Regal opposite all 5 men in next weeks contendership match, with a question mark between them.

***COMMERCIAL***

MATCH 2
Rosa Mendez v Gail Kim
Rosa Mendez is already in the ring when we return and Gail makes her entrance to a good reaction as she holds her Divas Championship high. The beginning of the match is dominated by Gail, who is more experienced as well as being technically superior. However, after dodging a dropkick, Rosa manages to get ahead with some aggressive offense. Alas, it is not long until Gail makes her comeback and then soon after clinches the victory with the Eat Defeat. The crowd pops and Kim celebrates by slapping the hands of some fans at ringside.
WINNER- Gail Kim by PINFALL in 2:10

We go backstage to where debuting interviewer Cristina Legend is with all three of the Hart Dynasty. Cristina questions the tag team’s recent victory on Smackdown, saying many people have called it tainted. Natalya responds by saying that victory was as good as any other, and that the WWE Universe should get used to seeing the Hart Dynasty dominate the tag team division on Smackdown. Legend mentions the recently announced tri branded tag team tournament for the Unified Tag Team Championships and Natalya nods in approval, saying that the trio have thought long and hard about the 8 team tournament. She says that they have made plans to go through any team they have to in order to become the next champions, obviously vacated after Raw due to the Big Show’s request. Tyson runs down teams such as Priceless and Cryme Tyme while Smith talks trash about Regal’s Roundtable and the newly reunited Colons. The interview ends with Natalya, seemingly the group’s leader, restating the fact that Smith and Kidd will become the next tag team champs.

We then go to a video package for the Armageddon PPV, with the screen in thirds showing John Cena, William Regal and Chris Jericho respectively. The champion’s possible opponents for the Pay per View are then shown. For Raw we see shots of the Big Show, Randy Orton, DX and the Undertaker. For ECW we see shots of Christian, the Hurricane, Paul Burchill, Shelton Benjamin and Zack Ryder. For Smackdown, we see shots of Matt Hardy, CM Punk, Jack Swagger, John Morrison and Elijah Burke. The video concludes with showing the Armageddon logo once more.

***COMMERCIAL***

We come back straight to a Raw Rebound, where we first see Vince McMahon’s announcement that there will be no more guest hosts and he is the new General Manager of Raw. We see Cena’s altercation with the Big Show and the making of their non title match. We cut straight to the main event, where Show pinned Cena after Randy Orton interfered and hit Cena with the RKO while the referee was down. Show and Orton went to attack Cena, but DX made the save only for Batista to tip things in the heels’ favour again. However, the Undertaker then made his Raw debut after being drafted and came to the aid of Cena and DX. The four fan favourites stood tall to end the show.

MATCH 3
The Miz & Chavo Guerrero v Evan Bourne & Gregory Helms
Miz gets a rather substantial heel reaction as he enters with Chavo and both Bourne and Helms, who enter separately, get good pops. The match begins with Chavo and Bourne in the ring, and the two cruiserweights go at things by showcasing their high flying prowess. Bourne gets the advantage and tags in Helms, who carries on the momentum. However, as Gregory comes off the top rope with a crossbody Chavo gets his knees up and uses the distraction to tag in the Miz. Miz works over Helms with a few of his signature moves but it is clear that he really wants Bourne, and he allows the high flyer to be tagged into the match. The two men who will go at it for the US Championship next week on Raw engage in a preview of that match. The action is rather even and both men get near falls; Bourne with a standing double knees drop from the top rope and Miz with a snap swinging neckbreaker. Eventually Bourne gets in front enough to go to the top rope and try for the Air Bourne, but Chavo pushes him down to the canvas. Helms responds to this by running down the apron and nailing Guerrero with a hurricanrana, sending him down to the floor. The crowd pops but then sees Miz picks up Bourne for the Skull Crushing Finale- only for Evan to reverse it into a unique roll up, picking up the victory and pinning the US Champ for the third time in under a week. The crowd pops as Helms joins Bourne in the centre of the ring and the duo get their arms raised, while the United States Champion immediately leaves the ring with his title, noticeably frustrated.
WINNERS- Evan Bourne & Gregory Helms by PINFALL in 9:03

***COMMERCIAL***

We go to a Smackdown rebound which starts with Chris Jericho posing with his newly won World Heavyweight Championship at the end of Survivor Series. We are shown highlights of his promo to open Smackdown, with both Matt Hardy and CM Punk interrupting. We see Jericho’s proposal of the two having a match only for General Manager Teddy Long to instead declare that the main event shall be a triple threat match with the three of them. Cutting forward to that match, we see all the highlights before going to the ending, where Matt landed a Twist of Fate onto Punk from the top rope. However, before he could make the pin Jericho threw him out of the ring and picked up the scraps. We see a dejected Matt and a celebrating Jericho as the recap ends.

MAIN EVENT
Kane v Kofi Kingston
Kane gets his usual tweenerish reaction, bordering on heel, while Kofi gets a good face reaction for his first appearance since captaining his Survivor Series team. The match begins with Kingston using his speed to try and get around Kane, knowing that he would be easily outpowered by the Big Red Machine. Kofi manages to wear Kane down with a few kicks, including a missile dropkick that even manages to knock his opponent down to his knees. However, after a springboard crossbody attempt is stopped with a midair European uppercut, Kane takes control. He nails Kofi with most of his signature moves, including a side slam and a diving clothesline. Kane attempts the Chokeslam but Kofi fights out by kneeing Kane in the gut and then nailing the SOS (Ranhei)! Kofi gets a two count but then goes up to the top rope, only for Kane to sit up. He walks to the corner and chokes Kofi, but Kingston escapes with a kick to the back of the head that knocks Kane to the canvas. Kofi then nails the Boom Drop from the top rope, and covers but only gets two again. Kofi waits for Kane to get up before he tries for the Trouble in Paradise, only to have it ducked. Kane then lifts Kofi high in the air for a Chokeslam, but the Jamaican Superstar escapes with a victory roll, getting himself the shocking 1... 2... 3! The crowd goes crazy as even Kofi himself looks shocked, and he escapes the ring before an infuriated Kane can retaliate. The show goes off the air with a shot of Kingston celebrating with fans, ready to debut on Smackdown next week.
WINNER- Kofi Kingston by PINFALL in 8:22

~fin~

Quick Results

1. Zack Ryder def. The Hurricane
2. Divas Champion Gail Kim def. Rosa Mendez
3. Evan Bourne & Gregory Helms def. United States Champion The Miz & Chavo Guerrero
4. Kofi Kingston def. Kane

seX-Power

Power 25 Week 1
1) - Chris Jericho

Jericho has had a huge week, beginning with him winning the World Heavyweight Championship at the Survivor Series PPV and ending with him prevailing in Smackdown’s non title triple threat main event match against Matt Hardy and CM Punk.

2) - John Cena

The WWE Champion overcame the odds at Survivor Series by retaining his title against DX. On Raw, Randy Orton cost him his match against Big Show but Cena got the last laugh as he stood tall to end the show.

3) - William Regal

Regal was the sole survivor in his match last Sunday where he teamed with his Roundtable. On Tuesday, the ECW Champion disputed with Tiffany who told him that a contender to his title would be announced next week.

4) - Randy Orton

At Survivor Series, Orton continues the trend of him being sole survivor, which he has done over 3 times now. On Raw he made his impression on WWE champ John Cena, costing him his match against the Big Show and laying him out with an RKO.

5) - Christian

Christian was unsuccessful at Survivor Series but on ECW he pinned Vladimir Kozlov in the main event tag team match. Christian will have the chance to reclaim his ECW Championship if he wins a 5 way #1 contendership match next week.

6) - Dolph Ziggler

Ziggler was one of the sole survivors in his Survivor Series team, but that wasn’t his highlight of the week. Dolph managed to capture his first WWE title on Smackdown, the Intercontinental Championship, albeit with a little help from Jack Swagger.

7) - Gail Kim

Gail Kim became the new Divas Champion at Survivor Series by being the Sole Survivor of her match. She wore her newly won Championship to Raw where she defended her title for the first time against Maryse.

8) - Evan Bourne

Bourne had a big week, starting at Survivor Series where he eliminated US Champion the Miz from their match. He followed it up by pinning him again on Raw in a non title match, and then a third time on Superstars in tag team action.

9) - Elijah Burke

Elijah Burke is officially a WWE superstar once again, as he made a successful debut on Smackdown this week, interrupting Vickie Guerrero. He then defeated her boyfriend Eric Escobar and is undefeated so far.

10) - Shelton Benjamin

Shelton had a big win on ECW on SyFy, where he pinned Zack Ryder. Not only did he also stand tall with Christian and the Hurricane to end the show, he has a chance at becoming #1 contender next week in the 5 way match.

11) - Matt Hardy

Hardy may have not won a match this week but his spirit is what got him to this position. He was the last member of his team surviving on Sunday and on Smackdown he had the main event won where he narrowly missed out on getting the three.

12) - Kofi Kingston

Kofi Kingston’s team may have come out on the short end at Survivor Series, but he rebounded from the loss with a big win over Kane on Superstars. Kofi has the chance to make something huge of himself on Smackdown as he debuts next Friday.

13) - Gregory Helms

Gregory was drafted to Raw after Survivor Series, and he made an immediate impact by defeating Chavo Guerrero. He followed it up on Superstars where he prevailed in tag team action partnering with Evan Bourne.

14) - The Hurricane

Being interestingly placed after Helms, Hurricane makes the list after teaming with Christian to come out on top of the ECW main event. The only thing that stops him from being higher is a shady loss to Zack Ryder on Superstars.

15) - The Hart Dynasty

Tyson Kidd and David Hart Smith showed why they were a strong cohesive unit on Smackdown when they defeated MVP and Mark Henry. On Superstars, their manager Natalya told the world they would be going for the Unified Tag Team Championship belts.

16) - The Big Show

After falling short of winning the World Heavyweight Championship at Survivor Series Show’s bad luck continued as he relinquished the tag titles on Raw. However, thanks to Randy Orton he got a non title victory over WWE Champion John Cena.

17) - MVP

After being drafted to Smackdown with his partner Mark Henry, they lost on Friday and MVP thought that his partner helped the opposition, leading him to absolutely destroy Mark with his chain. The world is waiting for answers from Montel.

18) - Melina

Melina makes the list even though she lost her Divas title at Survivor Series. The reason is that the Sexican came a hair close to winning the Women’s title on Smackdown, as she had the match won when Beth interfered.

19) - The Undertaker

Taker wasn’t even pinned in a match where he lost his World Heavyweight Championship, but he was drafted to Raw straight after, giving him a fresh start and a new title to go after. He debuted on Monday and stood tall at the show’s end, putting the whole roster on notice.

20) - CM Punk

Punk was a sole survivor for his team on Sunday, captaining 5 men to glory at Survivor Series. However, the Straight Edge Superstar was pinned by the World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho on Smackdown’s triple threat main event.

21) - Jack Swagger

Not only was Swagger a sole survivor in his victorious team, but he was also drafted to Smackdown on Sunday. He made a massive impact on debut by costing John Morrison the Intercontinental Champion, and the world wonders why he did it.

22) - The Colons

Brothers Carlito and Primo reunited on Raw to the fans’ pleasure, and they sent a message to Legacy via a beat down. With a tournament to decide the next tag champions coming up, this was the perfect time for them to make amends.

23) - Paul Burchill

Accompanied by his sister Katie Lea, Burchill had a big win on ECW over the last remaining original in Tommy Dreamer. His ECW title aspirations could come to fruition if he wins his contendership match up next week.

24) - De-Generation X

DX may have lost to John Cena in a triple threat match at Survivor Series, but they were on the side of the WWE Champion this Monday on Raw where they saved him from a beat down at the hands of Orton and the Big Show.

25) - Zack Ryder

The arrogant Zack Ryder got ahead of himself as he lost to Shelton Benjamin on ECW, being shut up with a Paydirt. However, he bounced back by defeating the Hurricane on Superstars, giving him momentum leading into his contendership match next week.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I feel kind of cheap with only arriving in time to review the recent edition of Superstars, but here goes.

The Good: What wasn't good on this show? Like the fact that Zack Ryder, Gregory Helms, Hart Dynasty & Gail Kim are all getting pushes/wins on their records. Also, the RAW and Smackdown recaps really help me as a new reader in catching up with all the action that happened previously. Not enough BTB's do this, and I'm glad you do.

The Bad: Eeehh, it's hard to pick something really. I'm happy Helms & Bourne got the tag win, but just because Bourne doesn't really rev my engine I found this and the main event my least exciting matches to read.

The Ugly: Who the fuck is Cristina Legend? lol.

y2j__legend

Reaction score
RAW News and Notes

Following last week’s events, it is most likely that a multi man match for the WWE Championship will main event Armageddon on the RAW side of things. After the victory over Cena last week {although under dubious circumstances}, the Big Show will seemingly be involved as will Randy Orton, with the stipulation that he wouldn’t be able to fight Cena for as long as he was the WWE Champion seemingly uplifted. The possibilities are either a Triple Threat match or a Fatal Four Way, with the latter the most likely due to a Triple Threat for the WWE Championship taking place at Survivor Series. If it is a Fatal Four Way match, expect another face to be involved to even the ledger between faces and heels.

Also in the main event scene, Rey Mysterio is expected to return as early as this week to continue his feud with Batista. Mysterio was expected to take some more time off to nurse some injuries, but with the undercard of RAW looking relatively weak due to the multi man match for Armageddon and lack of an undercard, Mysterio is expected for an early return. However, Mysterio may be looking to take some time off in the near future, which has been somewhat of a tradition for Mysterio, who has missed 2 of the past 3 WrestleManias.

Although the Legacy have seemingly been pre-occupied with the Colons following last week’s RAW when the two brothers re-united, they are still expected to feud with DX in the coming weeks. After the announcement of the Undisputed Tag Team Championship tournament, Legacy are certain to be involved, but surprisingly, DX are not.

On the subject of the Tag Titles tournament, Evan Bourne and Gregory Helms are expected to team in the coming weeks after impressing in their bout on Superstars against Chavo Guerrero and Sheamus. Once Bourne is finished with his minor feud with the Miz, the two are expected to team up, possibly for the Tag Team Titles.

After it seemed as though the Miz and Maryse storyline was well finished, it seems as though they have decided to resume it to get the two over as even bigger heels. Maryse is seen as the biggest heel in the Diva’s Division and the WWE see Miz as a future World Champion, so they believe that if they can get the two over as massive heels long before they get into the main event scene, it will be well worth it.

20i73tg.jpg

Monday Night RAW Preview

Following hectic events to conclude RAW last week, this Monday night is sure to be just as frantic with Armageddon looming ever closer, which is now less than three weeks away!

In the main event last week, John Cena faced his former nemesis the Big Show in a match which resulted in a Big Show win over the WWE Champion, but not without the help of one Randy Orton. Orton interfered after the referee had been knocked down, giving Cena an RKO which opened up the door for a Chokeslam by Show to end the match. As a two on one assault occurred, DX ran out the save only for ‘the Animal’ Batista to run out from the back and Spear Shawn Michaels, before the arena went dark, which can only mean one thing; the Undertaker was in the house. The four fan favourites then cleaned house as new RAW General Manager Vince McMahon was left with a major dilemma: who would be the Number One Contender for the WWE Championship at Armageddon? Vince has promised to open up the show once again, so what exactly will Vince have to say?

Last week on RAW, Evan Bourne picked up a non title victory over the Miz after pinning him 24 hours earlier in the Survivor Series Elimination match. Following that match, McMahon told the Miz that he would have to face Evan Bourne once again, but this time, it would be for the United States Championship! After pinning the Miz for the third time in one week in a Tag Team match on Superstars also featuring Gregory Helms and Chavo Guerrero, will Bourne keep up his recent form against the Miz and become the United States Champion, or will we see the Miz retain his US Championship?

As per usual, the Legacy were looking to tighten their stranglehold on RAW, and last Monday on RAW, they decided to recruit another Second Generation Superstar; Carlito. In Dibiase’s match with Primo, Rhodes interfered which caused the disqualification victory for Primo. After the match, the Legacy issued a two on one beat down on Primo, and when Carlito came out, it all looked sour for Primo, only for Carlito to nail both Rhodes and Dibiase with a steel chair, as he reunited with his brother. After their reunion, the Colons will make their return match on RAW as a tag team, as they face Chavo Guerrero and Sheamus.

To find out the answers to all of these questions and much more, you have to tune into the USA Network as always this Monday night at 9/8CT.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

I like what I see from both writers. No guest host bullshit which is good. Storylines are just in their infancy stages on each show so we'll see which path everything goes down. The writing is good on both counts. Will probably do a detailed review of an upcoming show. Hopefully this sticks around for a while.

y2j__legend

Reaction score
Raw 30/11 Recap
RAW starts with the General Manager Vince McMahon making his way out to the ring to a warm reception from the crowd in Baltimore. Vince talks about the events after the main event last week, and says that with the 6 men vying for the WWE Championship, he has decided that tonight, there will be 3 matches between the 6 men from last week, and whoever wins in their respective matches will go onto face Cena in a Fatal Four Way match at Armageddon! The crowd gives a huge pop for this as they will bear witness to three huge matches, which are the Big Show vs. Shawn Michaels, Triple H vs. Randy Orton and the Undertaker vs. Batista! The crowd’s pop gets even bigger as Vince says it’s time to get the show on the road.

Match 1
United States Championship
The Miz{c} vs. Evan Bourne

The opening match on RAW is for the United States Championship between Evan Bourne and the Miz, with the latter having Maryse in his corner, as he has seemingly won her over after his actions last week with Gail Kim. It was a match which was rather similar to last week’s non-title affair between the two, as the Miz once again got the early advantage before Bourne fought his way back into the match. On numerous occasions, it seemed as though Bourne would be walking out as the new United States Champion, but the Miz would always somehow find a way out of it, with Maryse helping him out by putting his foot on the bottom rope after he was down following a Step Up Enziguiri and Standing Moonsault combination.

The resilient Bourne was not to be outdone, however, as on numerous occasions he also managed to kick out, enduring such offence as a Reality Check and a Springboard Bulldog. In the late stages, the momentum continued to switch back and forth, as just when one man seemed to be getting the advantage, the other man fought a comeback, an example being when the Miz went for an Inverted Suplex, Bourne landed on his feet and nailed the United States Champion with a Snap Hurricanrana once he had turned around. However, in the end, the numbers game proved too much for Bourne as with the referee distracted by Maryse, the Miz nailed Bourne with a Low Blow followed by a Skull Crushing Finale to retain his United States Championship.

~COMMERCIAL BREAK~

Randy has a backstage promo with Legacy, saying that they should provide a ‘helping hand’ in his match against Triple H tonight. Priceless smirk as they nod their heads, knowing what Randy is talking about, as he also says that he would much prefer it if no members of DX were in the WWE Championship match at Armageddon, since they would be out for Orton. Rhodes and Dibiase once again get the hint involving the screwing of Shawn Michaels in his match with the Big Show, which the crowd gives major heat to.

We are still backstage as the Miz and Maryse are backstage, talking about the Miz retaining his US Championship. The Miz says that Bourne is now out of the picture since McMahon made that that was Bourne’s last chance at the US Title whilst the Miz was holding it, all they have to do now is get Maryse the Diva’s Championship. Before Maryse can speak, Gail Kim walks into shot and talks about Maryse trying to get the Diva’s Championship, before saying that at Armageddon, there will be a Winner Takes All Mixed Tag Team match. The Miz and Maryse seem confused, before Kim says that if the Miz and Maryse win, Maryse gets the Diva’s Championship, but if Kim’s team wins, her partner wins the US Championship! Kim then says that next week, the Miz would be in non title action again, and it will be against Kim’s partner, who will be remained a surprise until next week.

~COMMERCIAL BREAK~

Match 2
WWE Championship Match Qualifier
Shawn Michaels vs. the Big Show

The next match is the first of the three huge matches tonight, that being the match between Shawn Michaels and the Big Show. HBK tries his best to get the early jump on Show, but the sheer size and strength of the Big Show is too much for HBK to handle. TBS dominated the opening minutes of the match before he looked to put HBK away with a signature Chokeslam after complete and utter domination, but this was where HBK’s much needed breakthrough came, as he nailed Show with a Spike DDT {exactly what Cena did last week}, which he followed up a few seconds later with a signature kip up. The crowd popped as HBK began to rally, as he followed up the DDT with a Flying Elbow Drop, which he then looked to follow up with a Sweet Chin Music, as he began to tune up the band.

Once Show began to get up to his feet, the crowd chimed in with Shawn, who subsequently went for a Sweet Chin Music when Show had gotten up to a vertical base, but TBS held onto the leg of Shawn. Show then got Shawn into a Pumphandle position, only for Shawn to slip off of the shoulders of Show and then clips the leg. Show then went down to one knee, as Shawn bounced off of the ropes in front of Show and hit him with a Flying Forearm Smash, quickly followed by the kip up. Wasting no time, Shawn went to the top rope, but he saw that none other than Cody Rhodes was running down the ramp, undoubtedly under Randy’s orders. However, Shawn saw this coming, as he hopped off the top rope, and when Cody jumped onto the apron, he was nailed with a Sweet Chin Music! The crowd erupted for Shawn getting the better of Rhodes, only for that ovation to soon disintegrate, as Show wrapped a hand around the throat of Shawn, and nailed a Chokeslam! TBS then covered Shawn for the pin as he got the three, and Show is the first challenger to qualify for Armageddon!

Show then had his hand raised by the referee as Rhodes began to recover, and as he saw that Show had his hand raised, a wide smirk came across his face, knowing that it was mission accomplished here for Legacy. Rhodes then headed to the back with the sneer still on his face as Shawn remained down after the devastating Chokeslam, although he will surely be looking for revenge against Rhodes and all of Legacy in the coming weeks.

~COMMERCIAL BREAK~

After returning from a commercial break, Rhodes was back in the locker room of Legacy, as both Rhodes and Dibiase had wide smirks over their faces, whilst Randy was nothing but focussed, preparing for his match later on tonight. Randy simply tells his comrades not to get too far ahead of themselves, as Shawn wasn’t in the match, but there was still one to go. Rhodes and Dibiase then smirked and nodded again much like they did earlier on in the night, as the camera then cuts out of the locker room of Legacy for the second time in the night.

We are in the backstage area still with Todd Grisham standing by, ready for an interview as per usual. Once in the shot, Todd greets the fans, before he wastes no time in introducing his guest for the night, John Cena. The WWE Champion receives a large ovation from the fans, as Grisham asks Cena how he feels about having to face three of RAW’s biggest Superstars at Armageddon, including the man whom he lost to last week and the first man to qualify for the Fatal Four Way, the Big Show. Cena says that in the past, no matter what has been thrown at him, he has never backed down, and Armageddon will be no exception. A rather serious Cena says that the Big Show and whether it be the Undertaker, Batista, Randy Orton or Triple H, if they want some, they can come get some. Cena then walks out of the shot as Grisham is left standing there before we cut away from the backstage area.

We then head to a recap of last Friday Night’s Smackdown with the announcement of the vacating of the Unified Tag Team Champions, and the announcement of the Unified Tag Team Champion Tournament, which will be held over the coming weeks. As we cut back live, Cole and King say that next week, the first match of the Undisputed Tag Team Championship tournament will take place, and it will be between Legacy and none other than the recently reunited Colons! Cole then says that after the break, we will have a Tag Team Match, where the Colons will have their return match as a tag team against Chavo Guerrero and Sheamus.

~COMMERCIAL BREAK~

Match 3
Tag Team Match
The Colons vs. Chavo Guerrero and Sheamus

Sheamus and Carlito started off the match, as the Irishman used his strength to wear Carlito down in the early going. The Celtic Warrior had all the momentum in the opening stages as Chavo was happy to stay on the apron and watch the match unfold as he enjoyed what he was seeing, however, the momentum changed when Sheamus went for a Short Arm Clothesline, Carlito reversed into a High Elevation Back Body Drop. Both men made the tag out to their respective partners as Primo came out firing against Chavo, hitting a Springboard Crossbody to enter the ring, followed by a Swinging Neckbreaker. From this point on, the Colons had all the momentum, hitting Chavo with a Double Dropkick, and hitting stereo Suicide Dives while Sheamus and Chavo were on the outside. The match came to an end at the 5 minute mark, as after a Double Clothesline over the top rope to Sheamus, Carlito nailed Chavo with a Backstabber FTW.

In the backstage area, we see none other than Gregory Helms walking, as he is greeted to a nice pop from the crowd. Helms walks up to a door and knocks on it, with the man inside telling him to come in. As Helms opens the door, we see the man who failed to gain the United States Champion tonight, Evan Bourne, sitting on a chair, head sunk in his hands. Bourne greets Helms, the latter who is slightly touchy as he knows how Bourne is feeling, having just lost the shot to become the US Champion. Helms asks how Bourne is feeling to which Bourne doesn’t reply, but Helms follows this up by saying although he didn’t get the US Championship, there’s always the Unified Tag Team Championships. Bourne looks up, knowing where Helms is coming from who smirks, as we go to a commercial break.

~COMMERCIAL BREAK~

Once we return from the break, Cole and King talk about what we saw just before the commercial break, where the two men who were victorious on the last edition of Superstars, Evan Bourne and Gregory Helms, seemed to come to terms on an agreement to team up. Cole talks about how impressive the two men were when they teamed up last Superstars, and how he can’t wait to see the two of them team up again in the Unified Tag Team Championship Tournament. King says to go onto WWE.COM during the week, as the tournament brackets will be announced this Thursday.

Match 4
Triple H vs. Randy Orton

The two men who faced off in the WrestleMania 25 and on other countless occasions in their time were physical from the get go, attempting to get the ever important early upper hand over the opponent. Just as it seemed as though Orton would get the advantage over his former mentor, Triple H ducked under an attempted Clothesline and nailed Orton with the High Knee Strike to the face, which Cole labelled as vintage Hunter. Although HHH had the advantage for some of the early going, Orton began to fight back, and much like the opening match between Bourne and the Miz, there was no distinct advantage, as the momentum continued to sway back and forth. Both men managed to nail their own signature manoeuvres, with Triple H nailing a Double A Spinebuster and a DDT whilst Orton nailed the Inverted Backbreaker and his own variation of a DDT, that being a Rope Hung DDT, but on all on these occasions, there were only two counts.

The crowd continued to get into the match between two of RAW’s biggest Superstars, which continued to pick up the pace as the match went on. Triple H then began to gain the advantage in the match as he mounted the offence on his former protégé in Orton, the latter trying everything in his power to prevent the Game from getting the momentum, resorting to the usual dirty tactics. However, Triple H was having none of it, holding onto an attempted eye gouge from Orton and nailing him with a Swinging Neckbreaker. Once the Legend Killer got up to his feet, Trips whipped him into the ropes, and when he returned, he nailed him with a Facebreaker Knee Smash, as he followed it up with the second Double A Spinebuster of the match. Triple H then gave a crotch chop to a pop from the crowd as Triple H looked to finish this match off, but when Orton began to stir, ‘Priceless’ began to hit over the speakers to big heat. Triple H then went over to the ring ropes, waiting for the arrival of either Rhodes or Dibiase, but no one appeared. The music then stopped playing as HHH turned over to Orton, but the latter was now up, and nailed Trips with the RKO! Orton then climbed over for the cover and hooked both legs, as he got the win! Both DX members have been screwed by Legacy here tonight!

Orton then has his arm raised by the referee as the trademark sneer comes over his face, knowing that not only does he have another chance at regaining the WWE Championship which he believes is rightfully his, he doesn’t have to contend with any member of DX. Orton then slides out of the ring although he keeps his eyes on the ring with the smirk still on his face, watching Triple H beginning to get to his feet following the RKO. Orton then disappears behind the curtain as HHH gets to his hands and knees in the ring, full of rage, as then head to another commercial break.

~COMMERCIAL BREAK~

We then cut once again to a Smackdown Rebound, this different to the previous which highlighted the Unified Tag Team Championship Tournament. This one focuses on the huge Triple Threat Match, which featured the World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho going up against Matt Hardy and CM Punk in non title action. The package showcases the three men having control in the match at various stages, but when all was said and done, Jericho won his first match on Smackdown as the World Heavyweight Champion after pinning Punk following a Hardy Twist of Fate before Matt was thrown out by Jericho who capitalized.

Match 5
Main Event
The Undertaker vs. Batista

Not unlike the previous match, the Undertaker and Batista have had quite the history together, as their past chemistry made the match an entertaining contest. Taker managed to get the early advantage over his WrestleMania 23 opponent, but when Taker looked to take a stranglehold over the match, the tide turned, as when he looked to go for a Leaping Lariat, Batista nailed him with an almighty and vicious Spear, knocking the Phenom down. Batista didn’t opt to slow the match down as he decided to rather stay on the offensive, looking to put Taker away early using his sheer strength. Tista nailed Undertaker with his usual power moves such as a Running Powerslam and a near decapitating Running Clothesline, but he was unable to put Taker away.

When all seemed to be going wrong for the Undertaker, he began to get some offence in, using his striking ability to wear the former World Heavyweight Champion down. The Undertaker then hit his trademark Running Tornado DDT, which he followed up with the sit up, gaining a huge pop from the crowd. The Undertaker then lifted up Batista into his own Pumphandle Slam position, as he walked over to the corner and hit Batista with the Snake Eyes. Taker then looked to follow this up with the standard Big Boot, but Batista moved out of the way, as Taker nailed the referee! Taker looked at the referee before turning back to Batista, only for Batista to nail him with a Spinebuster! Batista then began to shake the ropes as he gave the ‘thumbs down’, but when he turned over to Taker, a huge pop arose, and when Batista turned around, he was nailed with a Seated Senton by REY MYSTERIO! The crowd’s pop got even bigger as Mysterio then slid out of the ring and exited through the crowd, as both Taker and the referee began to stir. Taker then got to his feet and saw Batista beginning to get up, and once he got to his feet, as he scooped him up, adjusted him, and nailed him with a Tombstone Piledriver! Taker then followed it up with the Darkness cover, and after a somewhat slow count, Taker managed to get the win, as he gets the fourth and final place in the WWE Championship Fatal Four Way Match!

The crowd then pops majorly at the Undertaker winning the match, as he is now heading to Armageddon to face the Big Show, Randy Orton and, of course, John Cena. As the arena goes black, the Undertaker goes down to one knee as he rolls his eyes back and sticks his tongue out whilst ‘Graveyard Symphony’ plays in the background. While still in his trademark position, the Undertaker does the belt signal, as Cole and King tell us that that’s all we have time for. The closing image is of the Undertaker still in his position, before RAW fades to black.

y2j__legend

Reaction score
No update on this for a while, and that's because I'm in Port Douglas and X is in Melbourne with no Internet connection, and up here, the Internet is as slow as fuck. So there won't be any update until at least the 16th of Jan, so yah.

y2j__legend

Reaction score
ECW News and Notes
As seen on ECW last week, William Regal and Tommy Dreamer have been booked in an Extreme Rules match this week, and we can confirm that the WWE are wishing to put the E back in ECW after getting the green light from SyFy. Although they aren't necessarily looking to make ECW a full time extreme brand, no disqualification matches are expected to be of a more frequent occurence. Also on the subject of changes for ECW, we reported last week that a midcard championship may be in the works for ECW, and if a time extension is given to them by SyFy, a midcard championship is a definite, however there are still talks that if a time extension is denied by SyFy, a new championship may very well be introduced in the near future to create a diversion from an already clustered ECW Championship division.

Along with the Regal and Dreamer match for this week's ECW, there is of course the huge Number One Contender's match with the winner facing Regal for the ECW Championship at Armageddon. At this stage, Christian is the favourite to get his rematch against Regal for Armageddon, although as reported also last week, WWE are looking to push Benjamin up to the main event on ECW if Christian is to leave to go to one of the bigger two brands, and a win in the Five Way Match would definitely elevate him into the main event. However, the three others- them being Zack Ryder, Paul Burchill and the Hurricane- have a very small chance of winning, due to a heel vs. heel match and a Regal/Hurricane match seeming very unlikely.

Away from the ECW Championship scene now, and 'the Masterpiece' Chris Masters is in line for one heck of a push in ECW. After we reported a potential feud with the Great Khali was discussed before being thrown out, it seems as though this is a case with Khali being replaced with the third man who came to ECW in the draft, Jamie Noble. Masters has received nothing but praise from Mr. McMahon even with his past troubles, and he is even being pencilled in for an ECW Championship run in the future, around WrestleMania 26 time.

5uep80.jpg

ECW Preview
This Tuesday night, SyFy plays host as always to the most extreme hour of television, as this weeks ECW has not one but two huge main events.

Last week, the ECW Champion William Regal along with his Roundtable declared war on ECW, stating that there is no one worthy on Tuesday nights to step into 'his' ring, and no one was worthy of having a shot at the ECW Championship. However, ECW General Manager Tiffany took offence to this after Regal verbally abused ECW Superstars and fans, saying that although he is the Champ, Tiffany is the General Manager and she runs ECW, as she went on to make two huge matches for this weeks ECW, one being a Number One Contender's Match and the other being an Extreme Rules match featuring the ECW Champion.

Once ECW comes to a close this week, Armageddon will be a little under three weeks away, and on this coming ECW in a huge 5 way match, Regal will find out the next contender for the ECW Championship. Five of ECW's biggest names will battle it out to have the right to face Regal at Armageddon for the ECW Championship, with Christian, Shelton Benjamin, the Hurricane, Paul Burchill and Zack Ryder fighting it out in a One Fall to a Finish Match. At the end of ECW last week, the Instant Classic, the Gold Standard and ECW's residential Superhero stood tall over the Roundtable, Burchill and Ryder, yet there was a certain unease in the air as they knew that this week, it all comes down to the ECW Championship. On ECW, it's every man for himself, and by the end of the night, we will find out who will take on William Regal for the ECW Championship at Armageddon.

And as mentioned earlier, the other ECW main event is an Extreme Rules match, which will have the ECW Champion William Regal going one on one in a non title affair with none other than the 'Innovator of Violence', the master of the Extreme Rules match, Tommy Dreamer! Regal was none too happy after learning that he had to face Dreamer in his specialty match, who made a name for himself through Extreme Rules matches. However, Dreamer may have to face more than just Regal in this match, as with there being no disqualifications, the two behemoths from the Roundtable in Jackson and Kozlov are bound to make an appearance, however Dreamer will bring his own friends, them being a steel chair and Singapore Cane. Will Regal prevail, or will Dreamer maintain his great record in Extreme Rules matches and defeat the ECW Champion?

Finally, last week, Chris Masters made an appearance before the main event, expressing his disgust about not having a match on ECW. Masters then went onto say that he went straight to ECW General Manager Tiffany and booked himself a match for this week, and we can now confirm that he will be going one on one against a man who also came from RAW to ECW, that man being the tenacious 'Pitbull' Jamie Noble. Will Masters continue his impressive run ever since returning to the WWE, or will the resilient Noble come out victorious in his first match as an ECW Superstar?

As always, the only way to find out the answers to these questions is to tune into SyFy this Tuesday night and watch this huge ECW.

y2j__legend

Reaction score
Tuesday Night ECW
1/12/09

ECW kicks off with the standard video package highlighting what happened on ECW last week, as always set to the tune of ‘Don’t Question my Heart’. The package starts off with the ECW return of none other than play by play announcer Joey Styles, with the first match he called being Paul Burchill’s win against Tommy Dreamer after nine minutes with a Curb Stomp. Highlights of the Regal promo before being interrupted by Tiffany were shown, as she made two huge matches for tonight’s ECW, that being the Number One Contender’s Match and the non title Extreme Rules match. Following this, Shelton’s victory over Zack Ryder was shown, after hitting Ryder with a Paydirt out of nowhere when Zack looked for the Zack Attack. The main event then followed, as Christian and the Hurricane managed to defeat Regal’s cronies Ezekiel Jackson and Vladimir Kozlov, following interference from ECW Champion Regal, Shelton Benjamin, Zack Ryder and Paul Burchill.

The opening video package then finishes, before we are greeted by none other than ECW’s announce team, Joey Styles and Matt Striker.

Styles: Hello everyone and welcome to another edition of ECW on SyFy. I’m Joey Styles accompanied by my announce partner Matt Striker, and Matt, what a night we have tonight!

Striker: Truer words have never been spoken Joey, as ECW will bear witness to huge main events here tonight, the first being a huge non title Extreme Rules match with the ECW Champion William Regal going up against the last remaining ECW Original, Tommy Dreamer!

Styles: And speaking of Regal, the other main event will determine Regal’s challenger for his ECW Championship at Armageddon, as The Hurricane, Shelton Benjamin, Zack Ryder, Paul Burchill and none other than the former ECW Champion, Christian will go at it in a One Fall to a Finish Match!

‘Pitbull’ then begins to hit over the speakers to a generous pop, as none other than one of ECW’s newest Superstars in Jamie Noble makes his way down to the ring. The former Cruiserweight Champion is all smiles as he gives high fives to the fans in the first couple of rows, before he slides into the ring and poses a little for the fans. Noble then hops down from the top rope as he awaits his opponent, who is none other than one of ECW’s newest Superstars who came from Monday Night RAW.

Roberts: This match is scheduled for one fall. First, making his way to the ring, from Hanover, West Virginia, weighing in at 202 pounds, ‘the Pitbull’ Jamie Noble!

Styles: This man is a great addition for ECW, as not only does he bring the toughness and tenacity which I admire; he also has a high flying ability and previous success.

Striker: This man is a veteran of the ring, there’s no doubt about it Joey; however, he is going up against a very impressive Superstar.

‘Masterpiece’ then begins to hit over the speakers to a fair amount of heat, as none other than the Masterpiece himself in Chris Masters makes his way down to the ring, ready for his first ever match as an ECW Superstar. Masters makes his traditional entrance, as he shows off his very impressive physique before he heads down to the ring. In direct contrast to Noble, Masters decides to back chat to the fans in the first rows, before he heads into the ring and gets ready for action.

Roberts: And introducing his opponent, from Los Angeles, California, weighing in at 265, he is ‘the Masterpiece’, Chris Masters!

Striker: The physique of this man is as good as I have seen, and he backs that up with his impressive performances in the ring. Jamie Noble should watch out, and I wouldn’t be surprised if Masters is an ECW Champion in the near future.

~MATCH ONE~
~MASTERS’ AND NOBLE’S DEBUT ECW MATCHES~
~CHRIS MASTERS vs. JAMIE NOBLE~

ENDING: Masters had dominated the early going against the much more experienced yet much smaller Noble, with Masters showcasing his ability through various power moves such as a Delayed Vertical Suplex and a Military Press Slam. However, as the match ticked into the five minute mark, Masters went for a Scoop Running Powerslam to Noble, only for Noble to slip off of the shoulders of Masters. As Chris charged at Noble, he was hit with a Drop Toe Hold into the top rope by the veteran, who subsequently dropkicked Masters through the second rope and to the outside, and once the Masterpiece got back to his feet, he was nailed with a Senton Bomb by Noble. Noble then threw Masters back into the ring and went for the pin after getting in his first offence in for the match, only for Masters to kick out with authority after 2.

Noble then lifts Masters up once more as he goes to mount some more offence on his opponent, only for Masters to reverse an Irish Whip by Noble. However, Noble was once step ahead, as he ducked an attempted Lariat from Masters, and then nailed him with a Low Dropkick to the knees, causing Masters to face plant on the mat. Masters then looks to recover as he sits in the corner, but this proves to be a bad decision, as Noble bounces off the ropes, and nails Masters with a Cannonball Senton! The crowd gave a nice pop for Noble who looked as though he wanted to draw the match to a close, but when Masters got to his feet, Noble looked to finish off Masters with a Double Knee Gutbuster, but the cruiserweight found himself unable to lift Masters up. Masters then quickly seized the opportunity, as he locked Noble in a Reverse Front Facelock, before he planted him with a Lifting Reverse DDT! The crowd sensed the match coming to an end, as Masters lifted up Noble and locked in the dreaded Masterlock, and after fighting for a short amount of time, Noble became unconscious, giving Masters the win at the seven minute mark.

~Winner: CHRIS MASTERS~

Roberts:
The winner of this match via submission, Chris Masters!

Styles: That Master Lock has claimed many victims in the past such as Shawn Michaels and the WWE Champion John Cena, and now Jamie Noble is another victim of the deadly submission manoeuvre.

Striker: Joey, once that hold is locked in, you can kiss your chances goodbye. Like I said, Masters will be a force to be reckoned with in ECW, with that Master Lock going to claim many Superstars along the way.

Masters then poses to the crowd after having his arm raised by the referee, as the crowd gives nothing but heat to the man who was impressive in his first ECW match tonight. Masters then begins to head to the back as he begins to do exactly what he did before the match, that being badmouthing the fans. Masters then takes one glance back at the ring as Noble begins to get to his feet, before Masters gives a smirk before disappearing behind the curtain as we head to a commercial break.

|~Commercial Break~|

As we return from the commercial break, we don’t go to the announce team of Styles and Striker, but rather straight to the backstage area, where we see Josh Matthews, ready for an interview.

Matthews: Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to ECW. I’m Josh Matthews, and joining me at this time is none other than the former ECW Champion and one of the five men who will be competing in the Number One Contender’s Match tonight, Christian!

Christian then walks into shot to a great ovation from the fans in Connecticut, who greets the reaction with a smirk. Christian then nods to Matthews, the latter who then looks to ask the standard question to Captain Charisma.

Matthews:
Christian, in the past weeks, you have been going up against William Regal, losing your ECW Championship in the process. You lost the chance to regain your ECW Championship from Regal back at Survivor Series 9 nights ago, but you once again get the chance to get back what many think is rightfully yours if you manage to defeat 4 other men to become the number one contender of the ECW Championship. What are your thoughts on tonight’s match, as well as possibly getting the chance to face Regal at Armageddon for the ECW Championship?

Christian: First off Josh, I just want to welcome all my peeps here in Connecticut {cheap pop}. Now Josh, to answer your question, most people would moan about how in the past weeks, I have been screwed out of the ECW Championship, but Christian; he isn’t like that. He lets his actions in the ring do the talking, and that’s exactly what I’m going to do tonight, and exactly what I’m going to do at Armageddon in three weeks to William Regal. And then, I’m going to regain, like you said, what is rightfully mine, and that is the ECW Championship.

Last week, I teamed up with my pal the Hurricane and I worked together with Shelton Benjamin; but tonight, it’s not like that. Tonight, it’s all about a shot at the ECW Championship at Armageddon, and it is every man for himself. So whether it be Paul Burchill, Zack Ryder, the Hurricane or Benjamin who gets in the way, Captain Charisma doesn’t care, because by the end of the night, Christian will once again be known as the Number One Contender for the ECW Championship.

This statement gets a pop from the Connecticut fans as Christian looks at the camera intently, replacing the demeanour of his usual fun self with that of a man who is nothing but serious ahead of tonight’s main event.

Christian: And Regal, week after week you and your little cronies have screwed me out of the ECW Championship, but come Armageddon, it’s going to be a different story. Armageddon is going to be the night that is remembered for Christian winning back his ECW Championship, because That’s... How I Roll.

Christian then smirks at the camera as he slaps his chest, with his last words being said along with the fans. The former ECW Champion then leaves the shot as Matthews watches Christian leave, before we go back to the arena, where we are greeted by Styles and Striker.

Styles: And the Leader of the Peepulation is all business tonight, as the main event tonight may very well be his last chance at getting a shot at William Regal and his ECW Championship.

Striker: And I wouldn’t expect anything less from him, Joey. The man has lost and been somewhat embarrassed by possibly the most technical man in the WWE a number of times, and he’s going to look to gain some credibility from the WWE Universe by having another contest against the ECW Champion.

Styles: Matt, Christian has not been embarrassed by Regal on a number of occasions, but rather screwed by the ECW Champion. The WWE Universe is rallying behind Christian to shut Regal up once and for all, and with that kind of support behind him along with his experience, Captain Charisma may very well be heading into tonight’s match as the favourite. We can only hope that come Armageddon, whoever Regal may face, that Regal’s Roundtable don’t interfere and we have ourselves an ECW Championship match to remember.

‘Bad Dream’ then plays to a nice pop as none other than Tommy Dreamer walks out, with none other than a shopping trolley with an assortment of various weapons including stop signs, a kendo stick and a garbage can with its lid. Tommy seems to be enjoying himself at being in a predicament which he is all too familiar with, as he wheels the trolley to ringside before he slides into the ring, but not before bringing in the kendo stick with him.

Roberts: The following match is scheduled for one fall, and it is an Extreme Rules match! Introducing first, making his way to the ring, from Yonkers, New York, weighing in at 255 pounds, he is the ECW Original, Tommy Dreamer!

Styles: And speaking of Regal, after the break, we will bear witness to our first of two main events. The Non Title Extreme Rules match between Tommy Dreamer and the ECW Champion William Regal is up next, don’t go anywhere!

|~Commercial Break~|

As we return from the break, the ‘Innovator of Violence’ is still in the ring, cracking his knuckles, as he awaits the arrival of the ECW Champion. ‘Regality’ then begins to play over the speakers to a large amount of heat as none other than the ECW Champion William Regal emerges from the backstage area, his henchmen Ezekiel Jackson and Vladimir Kozlov not far behind him. Kozlov and Jackson take their usual place on the outside as Regal then slides into the ring, looking rather cautious of the situation he is finding himself in.

Roberts:
And introducing his opponent, from London, England, accompanied to the ring by Ezekiel Jackson and Vladimir Kozlov, weighing in at 240 pounds, he is the ECW Champion, William Regal!

Styles: Regal, Kozlov and Jackson- collectively known as Regal’s Roundtable- are the most dominant force in ECW right now, and perhaps one of the most dominant forces in the history of the WWE. They are the reason why Regal is the ECW Champion, and the way these three men have been going, I don’t see Regal losing the title any time soon.

Striker: Joey, even without those two dominant forces by his side, Regal would still be the ECW Champion. He just thinks of Kozlov and Jackson as an ‘insurance policy’, and I don’t blame him. Why wouldn’t you want to have two of the most dominant forces in the WWE by your side?

~MATCH 2~
~NON TITLE SINGLES MATCH~
~EXTREME RULES MATCH~
~ECW Champion WILLIAM REGAL w/ Ezekiel Jackson and Vladimir Kozlov vs. TOMMY DREAMER~

ENDING:
Dreamer has dominated the majority of the opening of the match over the ECW Champion Regal due to his past experience in this environment, although the champion did manage to get some damage in. Dreamer used a variety of weapons to wear Regal down as he did this to perfection against the champion, using such weapons as a Singapore Cane, a steel chair, a trash can and a stop sign, the majority which were in the shopping trolley which he brought into the ring. Interference for Regal from his two cohorts Jackson and Kozlov was prohibited by Dreamer, who used any weapon nearby him to send either of them off the apron when they threatened to intervene. At the 9 minute mark, Kozlov looked to interfere, only to be cracked over the head with the Singapore Cane by Dreamer. Regal looked to seize the opportunity with Dreamer being distracted by Kozlov, only for Dreamer to kick Regal in the gut when Dreamer was turned around by Regal, before he broke the Singapore Cane over the back of the ECW Champion.

Dreamer then picked up the steel chair which he had used previously before he exited the ring, having the chair for good measure as he was stepping into Kozlov and Jackson’s territory. Dreamer then looked under the ring apron with a smirk on his face, before he pulled out a table, drawing a huge cheer from the fans. Dreamer then slid the table into the ring before he also slid into the ring, and with Regal getting up, Dreamer hit Regal with a chair shot to the sternum, before he placed the chair on the floor and nailed him with a Pull Back Piledriver right onto the chair! Dreamer only managed a two count, before he decided to resort to his usual Extreme Rules match spot, as he lifted Regal up and got him in a Tree of Woe position in the corner. The crowd knew what was coming as he placed the trash can in front of Regal’s face before he stepped back into the opposite, and, along with crowd, he did the ‘ECW’ chant whilst pounding his chest, as he then nailed Regal with a Running Dropkick, driving the trash can into the face of Regal.

Dreamer then wasted no time as he slid the severely dented trash can out of the corner and placed it in the middle of the ring, before he lifted Regal up and whipped him into the ropes. Upon return, Regal was lifted up by Dreamer, who subsequently nailed Regal with the Sky High Spinebuster right onto the already dented trash can! The crowd gave a pop as Dreamer then climbed over for the cover, but when all signs pointed to a Dreamer victory right there and then, Jackson and Kozlov slid into the ring and broke up the pin. With the referee unable to do anything about it, Jackson and Kozlov assembled the table, before they pulled Dreamer in and nailed him with a Double Chokeslam right through the table! Regal was then woken up by Jackson as Regal smirked at seeing Dreamer lying in the broken fragments of table, before he told Kozlov to get the chair and told Jackson to lift up Dreamer. Jackson then lifted up a drowsy Dreamer as he put him in a bent over position before Kozlov placed the chair in front of Dreamer’s head, as Regal then nailed the Knee Trembler to Dreamer, driving the chair which Kozlov was holding into Dreamer’s head with brute force! Although it hurt Regal, the damage to Dreamer was much more severe, as the ECW Champion climbed over the pin and got the 1, the 2 and the 3.
~Winner of this Extreme Rules Match via pinfall: ECW CHAMPION WILLIAM REGAL~

Roberts:
And the winner of this match by pinfall, the ECW Champion, William Regal!

Striker: And the ECW Champion has beaten a valiant Tommy Dreamer at Dreamer’s own game! Can you say that that was brutal, Joey?

Styles: Matt, that brought me back 10 years ago. Dreamer had to deal with three to one disadvantage, but what Regal did was in the rules, but you can’t help but feel sorry for the Extremist.

Striker: Joey, as you said, Regal did what was in the rules, and Dreamer knows that fully well. Regal’s Roundtable continue to show their dominance over ECW, and whoever Regal’s opponent for the ECW Championship at Armageddon is, they better watch out.

Regal stands tall over a dismantled Dreamer, as a smirk comes across the face of Regal before he gets his ECW Championship and raises it high in the air. The crowd rains down the heat upon Regal as ‘Regality’ then begins to play over the speakers, signalling Regal’s Roundtable’s exit. Regal is the first to exit the ring as Jackson and Kozlov aren’t far behind him, as the dominating entity has sent a message to the rest of the ECW Superstars in the back here tonight. Once the three men disappear behind the curtain, we go to another commercial break.

|~Commercial Break~|

As we return from the commercial break, we see none other than the triumphant trio of Regal’s Roundtable walking in the backstage area, Regal still having the smirk on his face with the ECW Title slung over his shoulder. However, Regal’s smile soon becomes rather forced, as Regal’s Roundtable run into none other than the ECW General Manager Tiffany for the second straight week.

Tiffany: Mr. Regal, first off, I would just like to congratulate you on that performance out there. Beating Tommy in an Extreme Rules is something not many can say that they have done, so, like I said, I’d like to congratulate you on your victory.

Regal: Thank you, Miss, and I felt as if after last week’s events that I may have proved you wrong after what I said.

Tiffany: William, in all due respect, I stand by what I said last week, which is that ECW is home to some of the most exciting Superstars, and what you said last week was offensive towards the WWE Universe. However, William, I wasn’t chasing you up to talk about last week nor congratulating you on your win tonight, but rather about Armageddon. You see, after such a performance against Tommy Dreamer a matter of minutes ago, I’ve decided that not only will you be defending the ECW Championship against the winner of the main event tonight at Armageddon, you will be facing whoever the Number One Contender may be in another Extreme Rules match!

Regal looks both shocked and angered at Tiffany after only narrowly escaping Dreamer a matter of minutes ago, as the ECW Champion obviously isn’t a fan of Extreme Rules matches, especially with his ECW Championship on the line. Tiffany then gives a smile before she walks in the direction she came from, as she leaves before Regal has anything to say to her regarding Armageddon. We then cut away from Regal fuming although we are still in the backstage area; more specifically, we are in the locker room of the Burchills, with Paul Burchill tying up his boot laces before the main event tonight.

Katie Lea: Paul, tonight is your chance to get your chance at the ECW Championship, something you’ve deserved for a long time. I know that fraud the Hurricane is in the match, Paul, but don’t go for him, and just go for the ECW Championship instead.

Paul: Katie, tonight is my chance at what I have deserved to get ever since my first day in the WWE. Tonight, I will be known as the Number 1 Contender to the ECW Championship, and if the Hurricane gets in the way, or anyone for that matter, then so be...

Before Paul can finish off what he has to say, a knock on the door is heard, as both Katie Lea and Paul turn over to the doorway, before the door opens, and we see none other than Zack Ryder walking in, dressed ready for action. Ryder smirks as Burchill gets up to his feet, only for Ryder to raise his hands in innocence, signalling he isn’t here to pick a fight.

Ryder: Woah, woah, woah, Paul, I’m not here to pick a fight with you. In fact, I wanted to talk about tonight. Y’see, everyone saw last week that the other three in the match are going to team up to take out the two of us tonight. Paul, if we’re working together, there ain’t a chance those three could win the match tonight. Think about it; we work together, and when it comes down to it, it’ll just be me and you. 50/50 odds. Woo Woo Woo...

However, before Ryder can finish what he had to say, Burchill cuts across Ryder, sticking a hand in his face and signals for Ryder to shut it.

Paul: You see, Zack, I know people like you, and when it comes down to it, you’ll just screw me over. I’ve gotten to where I am by myself, and when I become the Number One Contender, it will be by myself. Come, Katie.

The Burchills then leave their locker room as they leave Ryder in their locker room, who at first looks shocked by the refusal of his proposal. However, Ryder then surprisingly smirks, before he says to himself;

Ryder: Well, Burchill, by the end of the night, it won’t matter if you’re on my side or not, because I’m facing Regal at Armageddon. Woo Woo Woo, You Know It!

We then cut away from the backstage area as we go back to the arena, where we see none other than Justin Roberts is standing.

Roberts:
The following match is a One Fall to a Finish Five Man Number One Contender’s Match! The winner of this match will go onto Armageddon to face the ECW Champion William Regal for the ECW Championship in an Extreme Rules Match!

Before the announcers can get a word in, ‘Ain’t No Stopping Me Now’ hits over the speakers to a great pop, as the ‘Gold Standard’ Shelton Benjamin emerges from the back, ready for this huge match. A shower of gold pyro emerges from Benjamin, before the former United States Champion walks down to the ring, as he slides into the ring and looks at the entrance ramp, awaiting the arrivals of his four opponents.

Roberts: Introducing first, from Orangeburg, South Carolina, weighing in at 248 pounds, he is the ‘Gold Standard’, Shelton Benjamin!

Styles: Well what a major announcement we heard a few minutes ago by Tiffany, Matt; Regal is now defending his ECW Championship against the winner of the main event in an Extreme Rules match!

Striker: In my opinion, Joey, it’s a little harsh on Mr. Regal, but being the fighting champion he is, I can see him leaving Armageddon as still the ECW Champion. Also, Burchill and Ryder are going at it alone tonight, so perhaps we’ll get what you wished for which is a fair main event.

‘Eye of the Hurricane’ then hits over the speakers to a pop which is of the same volume as Shelton’s, as ECW’s ‘Green Machine’ the Hurricane emerges from the back, in his usual Superhero stance. As per usual, the Hurricane shows his recognition towards the fans as he slaps hands with those in the first row along the entrance ramp, before he slides into the ring and raises his arms, drawing another nice response from the crowd. The Hurricane gives a nod towards Benjamin, before he too waits for the arrival of his opponents.

Roberts: And now introducing the first of his opponents, he is from Parts Unknown, weighing in at 215 pounds, the Hurricane!

Styles: This man is heading into the match as somewhat of an underdog due to being the smallest man in this match, but one can’t rule out the Hurricane, who is one of the most talented men in ECW. We have to head to a break; however, much more is to come after the break, as we will see the main event Number One Contender’s Match!

|~Commercial Break~|

Once we return from the break, we see that Zack Ryder has made his way down to the ring and has already been introduced, as ‘Radio’ soon begins to die down over the speakers. Ryder looks rather wary as Hurricane and Benjamin may very well work together after being impressive in clearing out the heels from the ring last week in the Tag Team Main Event. Ryder keeps a fair distance from the two faces, as the three in the ring wait for the two final entrances.

Styles: Well during the break, Zack Ryder made his arrival towards the ring, and as you can see, he is a little cautious of heading into the ring with both Benjamin and the Hurricane.

Striker: And Joey, why wouldn’t he? The two would be going after him and Burchill, which is why Ryder made the proposition earlier tonight. However, Paul has Katie Lea by his side tonight, and along with his technical ability, Burchill believes he doesn’t need Ryder.

‘Generator A’ then begins to hit over the speakers to a large amount of heat, the second biggest amount of the night only behind the ECW Champion William Regal, as Paul Burchill emerges from the back, his sister Katie Lea accompanying him to the ring as always. Paul Burchill slides into the ring whilst his sister takes her usual spot on the outside, as Burchill exchanges glances with the other three men in the ring.

Roberts: Introducing next, from Chelsea, England, accompanied by his sister Katie Lea, weighing in at 247 pounds, he is ‘the Ripper’ Paul Burchill!

Styles: As I said last week, this man is someone who I’ve been watching in the past weeks very closely, and I must say, he is one of the most impressive men in the WWE. I’m a fan of his work in the ring, although sometimes his actions can be rather questionable.

Striker: Joey, I’ve told you this before, it doesn’t matter what you do inside the ring, it’s what the outcome is. What Burchill has done has shown that not only is he vicious, he has the smarts too, and with Katie Lea by his side, he may very well go onto face Regal for the ECW Championship in just under three weeks.

After Burchill’s music dies down, the 4 in the ring await the last man in this match as the fans rise to their feet, knowing what is to come, before ‘Just Close Your Eyes’ blasts out from the speakers to the ovation of the night, as ‘Captain Charisma’ himself, Christian, emerges from the back, making his second appearance of the night. As per usual, Christian slaps his chest and shows his appreciation for his so called ‘Peepulation’, as Christian then slides into the ring, being the last man to enter the ring for this huge match.

Roberts: And introducing last, from Toronto, Ontario, Canada, weighing in at 227 pounds, he is ‘Captain Charisma’, Christian!

Styles: And this man may very well head into this match as the favourite; his past success is something that can’t be ignored, Matt, and he is the most experienced in this match.

Striker: Joey, I may have to agree with you there, but with Christian being constantly embarrassed by Regal in past weeks, it may have aggravated Christian to the point that he would try so hard to prove a point that it could very well lead to his demise. Anyway, Joey, it’s time for the main event to start!

~MAIN EVENT~
~MATCH 3~
~NUMBER ONE CONTENDER’S MATCH~
~FIVE MAN ONE FALL TO A FINISH~
~CHRISTIAN vs. THE HURRICANE vs. ZACK RYDER vs. PAUL BURCHILL vs. SHELTON BENJAMIN~

To start off the match, all 5 men exchanged glances with each other, the tension running high due to them knowing the stakes of this contest. A ‘Christian’ chant started off the match as Captain Charisma smirked at this reception, but with this momentarily distracting the former ECW Champ, Ryder pounced, knocking Christian down with clothesline as he laid into him with boots, only for the man who has been feuding with Ryder for the past weeks, that being Shelton, intervened as he traded punches with Ryder. This left the Hurricane and Burchill to go at it with punches also, with Burchill and Benjamin beginning to win out their respective contests, only for Ryder to resort to his traditional traits by nailing Benjamin with a thumb to the eye, before knocking Benjamin down with a Standing Dropkick. Just as it looked as though the two heels were in charge of the contest in the early stages, the Hurricane dodged an attempted Lariat by Burchill, as he then nailed him with a Superkick upon return. As Ryder then charged at Hurri, the latter nailed Ryder with a Northern Lights Suplex which was followed up by a bridging cover, but Ryder managed to kick out at two. Hurricane wasted no time as he lifted Ryder up before he whipped him towards the ropes, only for Ryder to duck a Clothesline by the Hurricane. However, nothing seemed to be going right for Ryder, as Christian, who was behind Hurri, lowered the ropes, causing Ryder to topple over the ropes to the outside. A smirk came over the face of the Hurricane, who then bounced off the ropes and let Christian back drop him over the top rope, getting extra elevation in a Top Rope Plancha onto a standing Ryder!

Christian’s triumph was short lived, however, as Burchill nailed Christian from behind with a club to the back, as he began to lay into Christian with some stiff right hands. Burchill then took advantage of a shaken up Christian, as he lifted him onto his shoulders and nailed him with a Rolling Fireman’s Carry Slam. Burchill then turned Christian over onto his stomach before he nailed Christian with a Leaping Knee Drop right to the back of the neck, as this punishment caused Burchill to sport a smirk. Katie Lea also smirked at her brother being in control of the match, but this was soon turned around, as when Burchill turned around, he was nailed with a huge Leaping Springboard Clothesline from Benjamin. Shelton then climbed over for the cover, but after the count of two, the Hurricane interfered, jumping on top of Benjamin to prevent bringing the match to an early end. The Hurricane and Benjamin then traded blows even after they united last week to clear the ring of the heels, furthering Christian’s point that tonight it’s all about individual glory. Benjamin then began to get the upper hand as he had the size advantage over Hurri, as he went for a front kick to the sternum, but when Hurricane held on, Benjamin followed it up with a signature Dragon Whip; however, this only resulted in a two count, as the Hurricane managed to kick out. As Benjamin looked to continue his punishment on the Hurricane, a recovered Ryder then slid into the ring from behind Benjamin, clipping him the back of the knee. With Benjamin down to his knees, Ryder bounced off of the ropes in front of Benjamin, as he then proceeded to nail him with the Rough Ryder Leg Lariat!

Christian then began to get back to his feet, but this didn’t go unseen by Ryder, and as somewhat in an act of redemption from the beginning of the match, Ryder threw Christian out of the ring entrance ramp side, before he also lifted up the Hurricane, and once Christian got to his feet, the Hurricane was thrown out of the ring through the second rope, as he crashed into Christian. A smirk then came over the face of Ryder, but when he turned around, he walked straight into Burchill, who kicked Ryder in the gut, lifted him up in a Suplex position and nailed the Dangerous Buster! Burchill then quickly followed up as he hooked both legs of Ryder in desperation, but Ryder manages to kick out at the last possible moment, just before the referee slapped the mat for the three count. Burchill smacked the mats out of frustration, before he walked over to a recovering Benjamin and looked to whip him into the turnbuckle, only for Shelton to reverse the attempted whip and send Burchill into the corner. Wasting no time, Benjamin charged, nailing the Stinger Splash, and as Burchill stumbled out, he was reeled in by Benjamin, who set Burchill up and nailed him with the Turnbuckle Release Powerbomb! The crowd popped for Benjamin’s offence before he climbed over Burchill for the cover, but on this occasion, before the referee could count three, a now recovered Hurricane pulled Benjamin’s leg, bringing him to the outside, saving the match once again from coming to an end. Hurri then sent Benjamin into the ring steps, before he then perched himself on the top rope, and once Ryder began to get to his feet, the Hurricane nailed the Frog Splash into a Diving Crossbody! Hurri landed straight into the pin, but in a reverse of the events which just happened, the Hurricane was prevented the victory, as Christian broke up a potential Hurricane victory.

Christian then lifted up the Hurricane before he attempted to whip his friend into the ropes, but the Hurricane was seemingly one step ahead of him as he reversed it into a whip of his own. Christian, however, turned the predicament into his favour, as he hit the Hurricane with a Tornado DDT! Once again wasting no time, Christian headed over to the rope as he prepared to hit the Hurricane with a Frog Splash, but before he could do so, Benjamin jumped cleanly onto the top rope after re-entering the ring, as he nailed Christian with some right and left hands. Benjamin then looked to nail Christian with a Top Rope Superplex, but before he could do so, a recovered Paul Burchill jumped onto the second rope and began to club Benjamin in the back: Burchill then got Benjamin in position, before Burchill nailed Benjamin with a Super High Angled Back Suplex! The crowd gave heat as they sensed that a Burchill win was on the horizon, as although it took Burchill a while to get to Benjamin, he managed to drape an arm over the ‘Gold Standard’. The referee then began to make the count, but before he could count three and give Burchill what seemed to be his win, Christian came crashing down, breaking up the pin with a Frog Splash! The crowd exploded for Christian, as Katie Lea was frustrated on the outside whilst Burchill, Benjamin and Christian were out of it, Hurri was only just recovering; however, Ryder was now fully recovered, as he smirked at the carnage around him, thinking he now had this one in the bag. Ryder then went over to the Hurricane due to him getting to his feet as he nailed him with a kick to the gut, as he subsequently looked for the Zack Attack, only for the Hurricane to spin out of it. Hurri then looked for the second Superkick of the match, but Ryder, taking advantage of the No DQ rules in a multi man match, nailed Hurri with a Low Blow!

The crowd poured in the heat for Ryder, and with Hurricane crouched over, Ryder pulled the Hurricane in, and hit the Zack Attack Inverted Overdrive! Even more heat was poured in for Zack who didn’t seem to mind at the reception he was receiving, before he climbed over the Hurricane for the cover as he hooked the inside leg, but after two, the referee stopped counting. A furious and confused Ryder looked at the referee who was pointing to the ropes, as the Hurricane put his foot on the bottom rope! Ryder then went ballistic as he pulled the Hurricane into the middle of the ring, but after two, the Hurricane managed to kick out after having ample time to recover from the Zack Attack. Ryder then hooked both of the Hurricane’s legs but the result was the same as Hurri managed to kick out at two, as Ryder then got to his feet and began to stomp all over the Hurricane, who has seemingly ruined his opportunity to face Regal at Armageddon. Ryder then brought the Hurricane to his feet as he nailed the cruiserweight with a Swinging Neckbreaker, but before he could capitalize, he saw Christian beginning to get to his feet. Ryder then went over to Christian and whipped him into the corner, but when Ryder charged at the ‘Livewire’, Christian went through the second and third ropes, causing Ryder to crash into the turnbuckles, as Christian followed it up with a Pendulum Kick! The crowd popped for the signature Christian manoeuvre as Christian then re entered the ring, but as he went over to Paul Burchill, he was nailed with a thumb to the eye. Burchill then followed this up with a Schoolboy and a hook of the tights, but Christian managed to kick out at two, causing Burchill’s frustration to mount.

Christian then sprung to his feet as did Burchill, as Burchill began to lay into Christian with some more right hands, as he followed it up with a whip into the corner. However, Christian bounced off the second rope, and in a Springboard manoeuvre, he looked to get Burchill in a Sunset Flip pin, only for Burchill to use the momentum to roll through, as he bounced off the ropes in front of Christian and hit him with a sickening knee straight to the face! Benjamin then got up to his feet after recovering from the Super Back Suplex, as Burchill went over to Benjamin and kicked him in the gut before he got him in a Pumphandle Slam position, only for Benjamin to wriggle out of the predicament and land behind Burchill. As Burchill turned around to face Benjamin, Benjamin hit Burchill with a boot to the gut of his own, before he raked Burchill in and hit him with a T Bone Suplex! With no one there to be able to break up the cover as the other three were down {all three men just beginning to recover}, Benjamin went for the cover, but Burchill managed to kick out at the count of two. A shocked Benjamin took a moment to let the situation sink in whilst on his knees and hands on hips, but this proved to be a major mistake, as the Hurricane had no recovered, as he bounced off the ropes and nailed Benjamin with a huge Shining Wizard! Hurricane looked to take advantage of the situation, but once again, after the count of two, the match continued going, as a now recovered Ryder broke up the count. Deciding now that unlike last time he shouldn’t waste time, Ryder quickly lifted up Hurri as he booted him in the gut, and applied a front face lock.

Being the fighter that he is, Hurri tried his best to get out of this predicament as he began to nail Ryder with some right hands to the sternum, only for Ryder to knee the superhero in the gut a few times, wearing the Hurricane back down. With the Hurricane now in position, Ryder used his free hand to grab Hurri by the trunks, as he nailed the ‘Green Machine’ with an Implant DDT! Ryder then regained his trademark smirk before he saw that Burchill was now getting up to his feet, as Zack bounced off the ropes furthest from Burchill, before he hit him with a Low Dropkick, sending Burchill crashing to the outside of the ring. With Benjamin still out of it after the Shining Wizard, Ryder looked to capitalize on the Hurricane as Ryder went to the high risk district, but before he could do anything, out of desperation, Christian dived on the top rope, causing Ryder to crotch himself on the top rope! Captain Charisma then once again looked to capitalize on the situation at hand, as he made his way up to the top rope with his back facing Ryder, as he hooked both arms. The crowd then rose up to their feet as they sensed something big on the horizon from Captain Charisma, who then nailed Ryder with a Super Killswitch, landing right on top of the Hurricane! The crowd gave a major pop as the Hurricane was now also out of it as Christian dragged Ryder off of the Hurricane so it wouldn’t result in a pin, before simply to make sure, Christian then rid the ring of Benjamin by throwing him through the second rope as he climbed over Ryder for the cover while hooking both legs! The referee then counted three, as Christian is now going onto Armageddon to get his rematch against Regal for the ECW Championship in an Extreme Rules match!

~Winner and going onto face William Regal at Armageddon in an Extreme Rules match: CHRISTIAN~

Roberts:
The winner of this match, and the man going onto face William Regal at Armageddon for the ECW Championship, Christian!

Styles: Oh my God! Matt, all I have to say is what a match! And now, Christian is going onto face Regal for the ECW Championship on December 13 at the AT&T Center!

Striker: Joey, I have to agree with you there, and I have been proven wrong here tonight. What a performance by all five men, but especially, what a performance by Christian!

Styles: Each man gave it their all Matt, but when it all came down to it, Christian was the victor, and he’s getting another chance at William Regal for the ECW Championship!

An obviously elated Christian raises his arms in the air to a huge ovation from the crowd, as ‘Just Close Your Eyes’ once again begins to play over the speakers. Christian then begins to pose on the top rope as we see William Regal in his locker room with Kozlov and Jackson standing behind him, as Regal is furious that he will once again have to face Christian once again with his ECW Championship on the line.

Styles: And it looks as though Regal is none too happy about having to face Christian at Armageddon in a little under three weeks, Matt.

Striker: Joey, he has every right not to be happy as Regal is head and shoulders above the competition here on ECW.

Styles: Matt, if Regal truly is what he says he is and that’s head and shoulders above the competition, he can prove it at Armageddon when he defends his ECW Championship against Captain Charisma. However, that’s all we have time for here on ECW, we’ll see you here next Tuesday night on SyFy!

As ECW comes to a close, the last sight we see is Christian on the top rope, doing the universally known belt signal before we fade to black, with Christian standing victorious for the second week in a row.

seX-Power

Smackdown Week 2 News/Rumours

30xizpk.jpg

As we saw last week, Elijah Burke made his return to the WWE on Smackdown with a victory. Expect him to get a strong midcard push in his first few months back on Friday Nights, followed by a possible elevation to the main event. The WWE regard Burke as harshly underused in his first run back on ECW and they have had a change of heart, as shown with his re-hiring after he fell out with TNA. Burke has apparently signed a long term contract with the WWE, lasting possibly up to 4 years.

Regarding the World Heavyweight Championship, WWE officials have reportedly decided on that match that it will be contested in at Armageddon. It is set to be a type of multi man match, and ideas have ranged from a triple threat rematch with Jericho/Hardy/Punk to an 8 Pack Challenge featuring all of Smackdown’s finest main eventers.

Chris Jericho, the World Heavyweight Champion himself, has been told that he’s been penciled in for a long title reign. Management feels that Jericho has been the shining star of Smackdown for a good while and want to reward him for a great 2008 and 2009 with a long reign stretching into 2010. Lots of names have been thrown up as to who will take the title from him, and it looks like it will be a young talent for now.

The undisputed hottest free agent on the market right now in Rob Van Dam has expressed interest in returning to the WWE. RVD reportedly rejected a few offers from TNA and looks to get back in the ring. Don’t read too far into this report however as reporters from the local shows he’s wrestled at say that he’s very rusty at the moment, and his wrestling isn’t yet at par to the WWE’s standards.

Smackdown writers aren’t happy with the work of General Manager Teddy Long at the moment. Sources say that management thinks he’s getting stale and that his pops are getting weaker and weaker. Theodore has been told to step it up but with the character he has, there’s not much he can do. If writers continue to be disappointed, they could start looking into finding a replacement for the Smackdown GM.

While injured Smackdown Superstar Edge still has over a month of rehabilitation to complete, writers want to get him into a storyline as soon as possible. He may do some mic work before he is fit to return to the ring, and when he can wrestle again it shouldn’t be too far from the pay off match to a feud. We can now confirm that Edge will definitely be wrestling at Wrestlemania 26, barring any unexpected injury in the coming months.

Eric Escobar’s position within the company is said to be very shaky at the moment, with creative not impressed with either his character or ring work. Not even Vickie Guerrero can get him heat, and she is said to be wasted as Escobar’s lover and manager. Unless he makes some big changes, don’t be shocked to see Escobar be nothing more than a jobber for a few weeks, before being released. Guerrero on the other hand could move onto a more prominent role where she is better utilized.

Unreliable sources have said that the WWE is planning to can their Saturday show, Superstars, but there has been no indication of doing this within the company. Look for developments on this story in coming weeks.

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
Burke back in the WWE is a great thing and I really hope he is getting the push you say he will. he is an amazing talker and very solid in the ring. There is a lot of room for him to grow on Smackdown too and not be completely overshadowed.

Well given the history of Armageddon, i am hoping it is Armageddon Hell in a Cell. It is a great match and sky rockets just about everyone in it. I am curious to see if that is the direction you take but an 8 pack challenge would also be interesting.

Interesting you saying Jericho is penciled in for a long run. Part of me blieves it but part of me feels like it isjust a trick to make us not expect the title change. I would hope it would be a young talent.

Hinting at RVD possibly coming in is a fantastic idea. A major name like rvd and getting people to think he might come in at some time is good and saying he is rusty gives you time to work around it. I love it.

I hope Teddy long gets canned. His character is incredibly stale and has been for over a decade. I can see a lot of replacements and better fits to the smackdown gm role.

Edge coming back for mic work is really the best way to go about it. As long as the promos are solid and and whoever he is feuding with can hold their own in a mostly all promo feud it will be epic!

Well vicky has amazing manager capabilities and if this guy is not getting over than no one could and he should be canned.

Superstars was a good concept but not for every week. No major loss if it is cancelled.

seX-Power

Smackdown Week 2 Preview

30xizpk.jpg

At the conclusion of last week’s show, we saw Chris Jericho pin CM Punk in a triple threat match that also included Matt Hardy. Punk and Hardy both emerged as challengers for Jericho’s World Heavyweight Championship before the match. Last week Hardy came amazingly close to winning as he nailed Punk with a Twist of Fate, only to be thrown out of the ring. This week the same three men will be in the main event, but this time in a tag team match. Punk and Jericho will team up against Hardy, but Matt will get to pick his own tag team partner. He will reveal his pick on Smackdown but regardless of his choice it is sure to be a blockbuster main event!

In another big match, MVP will take on former partner Mark Henry. Last week Montel turned on his partner after he misunderstood the situation which led to the team losing to the Hart Dynasty. This week the two go one on one in what allows Mark to get some revenge after he was bloodied by MVP. We also may find out why MVP did what he did, if he chooses to explain his unforgivable actions.

In tag team action, Melina and Mickie James take on Beth Phoenix and Women's Champion Michelle McCool. The partners on both teams will need to settle their differences, if they want to prevail tonight in what is sure to be an explosive contest.

In other singles action, Elijah Burke goes 1 on 1 with Charlie Haas. Can the Black Pope manage to take his streak to 2-0? He debuted on Smackdown last week and showed the world that he hasn’t missed a beat in his absence, so look for him to put 100% into the match.

In another announced match, Drew McIntyre takes on Yoshi Tatsu in his Smackdown debut. McIntyre interfered in his rival Finlay’s match last week but attacked his opponent so look to see any development on that situation tonight.

Finally, John Morrison is booked against Jack Swagger for another huge match tonight. In Morrison’s Intercontinental title defense against Dolph Ziggler, Swagger interfered; pummeling JoMo with a Blue Thunder Bomb and allowing Ziggler to steal his title. The Guru of Greatness is obviously looking for revenge and he has the chance to get it tonight in a match. We may also get to see Swagger explain his actions of last week, as for now it seems like he had no motive. There is only one way to find out what happens, and it’s to watch Smackdown tonight!

Announced Card

Matt Hardy reveals his partner for the main event
Jack Swagger and MVP may explain their heinous actions
MVP v Mark Henry
Jack Swagger v John Morrison
Drew McIntyre v Yoshi Tatsu
Beth Phoenix & Michelle McCool v Melina & Mickie James
Charlie Haas v Elijah Burke
Chris Jericho & CM Punk v Matt Hardy & {???}

seX-Power

Smackdown Week 2

30xizpk.jpg

The Smackdown video concludes as we cut to the arena. The commentators discuss tonight’s tag team main event pitting World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho and CM Punk against Matt Hardy and a mystery partner. They also put over the other announced matches as well as new Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler.

The blow up tunnel is already set up so when the clock starts ticking the crowd know who is about to make his entrance and start booing. MVP sure enough bursts through the stage in sync with a pyro as he soaks up the heat from the crowd. MVP shows his grills with a wide grin as he walks down to the ring. He climbs up the steps and waits for the crowd’s heat to stop, before taking a microphone and getting ready to speak. He holds the microphone up to his mouth but then pauses to retrieve his chain from a ring official. He places it around his neck and starts to speak.

MVP: Just tonight, I’m gonna skip my usual intros. Just tonight, I’m not gonna use nicknames and catchy rhymes. Just tonight, I’m going to do something different. Now I can tell y’all aren’t too happy with me after what I did last week but allow me to explain myself. Let me just explain to y’all why I left Mark Henry in a twitching pulp last week.

The crowd boos, remembering MVP’s uncalled for attack.

MVP: Y’see, when I was on Raw and I was teaming with Mark Henry, there was something very wrong. I was going nowhere. I used to be defending the United States title and challenging the WWE Champion, but that lifestyle was gone as soon as that fat, useless piece of crap entered my life.

There are more boos for Montel’s harsh description of Henry.

MVP: Mark Henry brought me down man; he brought me all the way down to his level. The man hasn’t done anything noteworthy in his career since he made Mae Young give birth to a hand. Now I’m not here to criticise his choice in women but I am here to criticise his career direction. Let’s face it; Mark Henry wasn’t going to do anything special on Raw, or anywhere in the world of sports entertainment. There were big things in my future and I saw them disappearing as soon as I began to partner with Henry. So I waited for the perfect time, and it came when I saw that we were drafted in the post Survivor Series trade. What better time to make a fresh start as a proper competitor than on a new brand? So that’s why I had to do something to separate myself from that fat oaf. I knew that he didn’t do anything in our tag team match last week, I saw the opportunity to make my move and I did. I let the world know that I wanted nothing to do with Mark Henry. Because Mark Henry is nothing; he never was and he never will be!

The crowd boos again as MVP pauses and smiles.

MVP: It was with this very chain {he holds it up} that I battered and beat down Mark last week, to the point of him needing medical attention after the show!

The crowd boos again as MVP nods and smiles.

MVP: Now, with that obese, 400 pound load off my back, I can finally rise to the-

*WHOA*

The crowd goes wild as the rap number ‘Somebody’s Gonna Get It’ plays, to a huge pop. Mark Henry emerges from the back and begins to walk down to the ring. The World’s Strongest Man is unsurprisingly not smiling and the solemn look on his face stays there until he is facing MVP in the centre of the ring. Henry waits for the crowd to quiet down.

Mark Henry: First of all MVP, I think you need to get your facts straight. You were on Raw; you lost your US title and weren’t going anywhere. So I took you in as a friend, I helped you stay in the game. I took you in Montel! And you betrayed me!

The crowd boos as MVP shakes his head.

Mark Henry: I’m not gonna stand here for half an hour boring the crap out of the people here with explanations like you, I’m gonna do what my momma told me to do whenever the kids would pick on me at school... beat the hell out of them!

The crowd goes wild as Porter takes a small step back.

Mark Henry: You think that you’re being funny with ‘obese’ jokes? We’ll see who’s laughing when you’re crushed under 400 pounds of muscle! MVP, they don’t call me the World’s Strongest Man for nothing!

MVP takes another step back as the crowd continues to cheer.

Mark Henry: And don’t even think about running away. Teddy Long has already made a match between us two for tonight. And since you’ve promised to go upwards from here, how about you show the crowd exactly what you mean... and you better try hard because if I have anything to do with it, the only place you’re gonna be going is down. Down in the centre of the ring under Mark Henry, who will pin you for the 1, 2, 3!

The crowd pops as MVP realises that he will have to commit to the match, but the Ballin Superstar’s next move is running up towards Henry and clocking him with a right hand. The crowd boos as MVP catches him with another punch. A referee begins to run down to the ring as MVP takes his chain off and goes to strike Mark, who grabs the bling and hurls it to the outside, leaving MVP with a shocked look on his face. Just as the ref hits the ring, MVP slides out, regaining his composure on the outside as well as regaining his custom jewelry. The commentators hype up the upcoming bout and we go to a quick commercial before the match goes underway.

***COMMERCIAL***

MATCH 1
MVP v Mark Henry
(Single)

The bell rings, and as soon as it does, MVP looks to get an early advantage by running to Henry and nailing him with a quick right hand. The punch has a minor effect but MVP hopes to wear down the big man early with a series of blows to the face and chest. Henry is hardly fazed, and his enthusiasm allows him to power out and he nails Montel with a stiff headbutt, knocking him down to his knees. MVP gets back to a standing basis and tries a few left hands in hope of knocking Henry down but once again the response is a hard headbutt. MVP staggers away into the ropes and Henry charges at him full force. However, the cunning Ballin’ Superstar pulls the ropes down and sends Henry over the top from his own momentum. Mark rolls to the outside and MVP is quick to follow, immediately beginning to dig into Henry with some kicks to the head. MVP drags the World’s Strongest Man over to the steel steps where he grabs Henry’s head and slams it into the solid steel. He then places Mark’s head on the steps and stands on it with his knee, making the pressure become excruciating for his former partner. MVP eventually stops and slides into the ring to stop the referee’s count, only to slide back out again: the enjoyment of picking apart his former partner being more enjoyable than a possible countout victory. MVP takes Henry and whips him back first into the guardrail which dislodges, a chunk of the wall coming off after such a great force hitting it. MVP kicks Henry’s head into the guardrail and the World’s Strongest Man winces after all the punishment to his skull. MVP taunts to the crowd and again slides in and out of the ring but his attention is caught by certain music.
It is the music of Smackdown’s General Manager Theodore Long, who appears on the stage, not looking amused at the display MVP is showing.

Theodore Long: Playa, since you have spent more time outside the ring than inside the ring, I am turning this match into a street fight!

The crowd pops; they love anything to do with weapons.

Theodore Long: That’s all I gotta say fellas, holla!

The crowd continues to cheer as Teddy walks to the back, while at the ring MVP flashes a devilish smile before turning back to his opponent. Much to his shock, Henry has already gotten back on his feet while Teddy Long was making his announcement. Mark runs at MVP, who thinks quickly and manages to subdue the charging giant with a big boot to the face. Henry staggers backwards as MVP runs and clotheslines him, and the force is enough to knock Mark down onto the hard floor. MVP then quickly looks to regain his former advantage by picking up the large chunk of dislodged wall. He carries it over to Henry and slams it down upon the World’s Strongest Man as the crowd cringes, almost feeling his pain. MVP drags Henry across the floor to the announcers and leaves him laying there. He pulls the top off the announce table and takes out the monitors, making the surface smooth. Montel picks up Henry after a struggle, and pushes him onto the table where he lays back first. MVP gets onto the table himself and boots Henry’s skull a few times before lifting him up again. He hooks Mark’s head with his leg, setting him up for the Playmaker but just as the crowd fear the worst, Henry pulls himself upwards and sends MVP falling backwards, his spine landing on the table. Montel rolls off the table and Henry looks to take the advantage; he fights to his feet and then picks up his former partner. Henry lifts MVP up, before planting him down with the World’s Strongest Slam, right on the outside floor!

Although MVP would surely not be moving after this powerful maneuver, Henry still wants more. He rolls MVP onto the announce table and the crowd begins to cheer in apprehension. Henry himself gets up on the adjacent table, where JR and Grisham step back, nervous of what is about to occur. Henry begins to suddenly charge, and he leaps of the side of the announce table and begins to soar towards the one MVP is on. He comes down full force with the World’s Strongest Splash- just as MVP manages to roll out of the way, in the nick of time! Henry crashes right through the announce table, propelled by his own force! The crowd erupts with a large reaction, half of them booing MVP’s escape, the other half cheering just for the sake of a table being broken. Both men lie incapacitated on the outside for ten seconds or so, but then MVP begins to stir. He eventually gets to his knees and then his feet as he stumbles towards his opponent, who still lies amidst the wreckage of the table. MVP drags Henry across the floor as the crowd boos, and once he reaches the ring he musters up all his strength to lift Henry and roll him into the ring. MVP slides in himself and manages to weakly hook one of Mark’s legs. The referee counts one, two, but then looks at Henry and sees that his hand is on the ropes! The crowd goes wild, thinking that Henry was down for the count and MVP is shocked; obviously he had the same thought. MVP is angry and he takes a few steps back from Henry, who is only beginning to stir. He runs at him and kicks out his legs for the Drive-By Kick, but Henry dodges and Montel’s foot becomes caught in the ropes. The crowd pops as Henry grabs MVP’s tangled leg and pulls it out of the ropes, subsequently rolling him up for the three count!

WINNER- Mark Henry by PINFALL in 7:43

The crowd goes wild as they realise that Henry got the win out of nowhere. Mark rolls out of the ring and catches his breath after the arduous match, and he celebrates by high fiving some fans. In the ring, MVP just manages to comprehend what happened as he was pinned under 400 pounds of ‘muscle’. JR and Grish put over Henry’s surprising victory as the World’s Strongest Man exits up the ramp. Meanwhile, in the ring MVP isn’t happy as he slaps the canvas and shakes the ropes in frustration. The screen fades to commercial with Montel’s tantrum still going on.

***COMMERCIAL***

We come back from break and go straight to the first Raw rebound of the night, one showing the United States Championship match that took place between The Miz and Evan Bourne. We see Miz retain his title thanks to distraction from Maryse and a low blow, followed by the Skull Crushing Finale. We go to a later segment when the unit that is The Miz and Maryse are confronted by Gail Kim, who announces a winner take all match at Armageddon, pitting the couple against her and a mystery partner. We also see how Bourne’s night followed, and it involved Gregory Helms approaching him and hinting at forming a team. We see Evan’s thoughtful reaction to this as we fade out.

As we return from the video package, Charlie Haas is just finishing his entrance and is already in the ring as his music rounds up.

Elijah Burke’s music then plays and the Black Pope gets a great reaction considering he re-debuted on Smackdown only last week. Burke holds his arms in the air and runs down the entrance ramp. He does a lap around the ring slapping hands of fans, before sliding in and running up onto the corners to celebrate some more. Eventually his music concludes and he practices some punches before the match, while Charlie does some last minute stretches.

MATCH 2
Charlie Haas v Elijah Burke
(Single)

The match starts with Elijah getting the advantage and he doesn’t seem to be giving it up for a while. He hits his signature moves, the STO, the 4-Up, the sitout spinebuster and the Outer Limitz Elbow This pleases the crowd who are very into his moveset; a mixture of power and athleticism infused with boxing skills. He gets Charlie in the corner and goes for the Elijah Express but Haas dodges and hits a Bridging German Suplex for a nearfall. He locks in the Haas of Pain but Elijah gets the crowd behind him and he escapes, before hitting the Elijah Experience for the relatively easy victory.

WINNER- Elijah Burke by PINFALL in 2:14

The bell rings and the crowd pops as Elijah has his arms raised. The commentators put him over as a future main eventer but then someone appears on the entrance ramp, clapping. The person is Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler, and he appears to be applauding Elijah who looks slightly confused. Ziggler smiles and walks backstage again as Burke concludes his celebrations before we cut away.

We go backstage, where interviewer Brandon Powers is with the former Intercontinental Champion, the Friday Night Delight... John Morrison!

Brandon Powers: It’s my pleasure to introduce to all of you the Shaman of Sexy, the Guru of Greatness, the Friday Night Delight and the former {scattered boos} Intercontinental Champion, John Morrison!

The crowd pops for Morrison, who is smiling despite losing his title last week.

John Morrison: It is my sincere pleasure to be here with... are you new?

Brandon Powers: Um, yeah, I’m the new Smackdown interviewer, Brandon.

John Morrison: Well it is my pleasure to be here with Brandon...

Brandon Powers: Powers...

John Morrison: None other than Brandon Powers!

The crowd laughs and pops, mainly for Morrison; Brandon blushes.

Brandon Powers: Now John, it might be a touchy subject for you right now but is it okay if I ask you how you felt after you lost the Intercontinental title last week to Dolph Ziggler?

John Morrison: {frowns} After I lost I didn’t really know what to do or what to say. I felt cheated and powerless after I lost my title that has been around my waist for so long. After the match I went home and re-watched what happened and I still could hardly take in that my gold was gone. However, after a week of deep thought I realise what I need to do. I need to forget that joker Dolph Ziggler for a start and I need to forget the Intercontinental Championship. What I need to do if I’m going to move on is find that son of a bitch Jack Swagger and make him pay!

The crowd pops as Morrison grins.

John Morrison: And after I not only beat Swagger one on one in the ring but make him physically pay for what he did to me... there will be nowhere to go but up. Up towards the main event, towards Chris Jericho and towards my next desired piece of gold... the World Heavyweight Championship!

The crowd pops as Morrison points upwards to signify his coming ascent before returning to his lax persona.

Brandon Powers: So you’re stating it now that you want to move on to bigger and better things? Like the World Heavyweight Championship?

John Morrison: {smiles} That’s exactly what I mean!

Brandon Powers: If I’m not mistaken there was one step before that though; beating Jack Swagger. Well you have the chance to do just that tonight as Teddy Long made a match for the two of you. What do you think Swagger’s motives were when he nailed you with a Blue Thunder Bomb last week and allowed Ziggler to pin you for your title?

{???}: I can answer that.

The camera pans out to show Jack Swagger himself standing a few steps away, grinning. The crowd immediately begins to boo and Morrison stops smiling, but doesn’t start anything just yet, wanting to hear Swagger out.

Jack Swagger: John, we are both former ECW Champions and in a way our careers have been almost parallel with the way things have been going recently. However, one key difference between us is that it took me 6 months to get to the top, while it took you 4 years. As soon as I debuted people were calling me a future World Champion while you had to sit through years in tag teams that went nowhere and partnerships with divas that brought you down. And now, while people should be commemorating Jack Swagger’s fast rise to success, they aren’t. They are all talking about John Morrison; John Morrison winning the Intercontinental Championship; John Morrison being the reigning World Champ; John Morrison being a future World Heavyweight Champion himself. Well I’m sick of it- Sick of you stealing my spotlight. I should be the one these people are cheering; you should all be chanting ‘Swagger’!

Ironically, the fans in the arena begin to chant ‘Swagger sucks’ which enrages him even more.

Jack Swagger: I am a 2 time, 2 time All American-American. I don’t deserve this treatment. I am on the fast track to success and-

John Morrison: Let me cut you off right there... I think I can sum up your argument. You’re jealous of me. You’re jealous of my abs of steel, my slow motion entrance, my legions of fans and my aura of greatness. You’re jealous of everything that is John Morrison. Well I’m sorry Jack, but there is only one John Morrison and he is going to kick your ass in the ring tonight!

The crowd pops as Swagger doesn’t look amused.

John Morrison: I suppose I could thank you for making me lose my title, it’s opened up my career for bigger and better things. I don’t know if you heard my plan earlier but straight after I leave you down and out in the ring tonight I’m going straight to Chris Jericho and the World Heavyweight Championship!

There is another pop while Swagger shakes his head.

Jack Swagger: Poor John, poor oblivious John... me making you lose your title wasn’t your blessing; it was your first step to retirement!

There is serious heat for this comment.

Jack Swagger: When you pick a fight with me, you won’t survive. I thought the whole WWE roster knew that, but if you didn’t, you will find out tonight. I will do to you what I did last week... except that this time, I get a whole match of torture to put you through. Morrison, you’re not going to the ‘top’ after tonight, you’re going to the hospital!

The crowd boos again and to have the last word Jack walks away after the comments, leaving Morrison watching him in frustration. We leave with a shot of JoMo glaring and Brandon Powers looking nervous as we fade to a commercial, but not before the commentators hype up tonight’s Morrison/Swagger match up.

***COMMERCIAL***

We return and go to the same video package for Edge as last week, which the crowd again responds to with a great reaction. We hear him talk about his injury, saying how he is able to walk and do very light jogging after his Achilles tear earlier in the year. We hear from Edge himself that he will be able to return by the Royal Rumble at the soonest and the crowd is very appreciative of this. We are shown some of the highlights of Edge’s career, especially his many title wins, and after this Edge states that he will become champion as soon as he gets back.

When we go to the ring, Drew McIntyre’s music plays and he gets a fairly small reaction. As he makes his way down to the ring the commentators recall how he attacked rival Finlay’s opponent in his match last week and JR suggests that it might have been done to psyche out the Fighting Irishman. Drew slides into the ring and shakes his fist at the crowd before his music stops.

Yoshi Tatsu’s music begins to play and the crowd goes wild; whether it is for the Japanese superstar or the poppy tune nobody knows. The cheers die down but are still audible as Yoshi runs down to the ring, slapping hands with fans on the way. He slides in and does his usual mannerisms, excluding the bow which he seems to reserve only for the opponents that he respects. Yoshi’s music stops to the disdain of the crowd but the match has to get underway.

MATCH 3
Drew McIntyre v Yoshi Tatsu
(Single)

The bell rings and the opening seconds of the contest are all about trying to get an upper hand. Both men try to do this the ways they know best, with McIntyre trying to grapple and Yoshi trying to wear Drew down with kicks. The latter is successful to begin, and Yoshi manages to continue his momentum by striking Drew with chops and of course more kicks. Tatsu hits a discus elbow smash and follows it up with a belly to back suplex but it only gets a two count. He rears up for the Yoshi KO (roundhouse kick but with a cooler name) and when McIntyre gets up he goes for it but it’s dodged. Drew nails Yoshi with a single knee backbreaker before going on the offensive. The Sinister Scotsman gets Yoshi in a cloverleaf and he struggles, but the hold is promptly broken when Finlay’s music plays over the speakers. The crowd pops as Finlay runs down to the ring; shillelagh in hand. Drew lets go of Yoshi and steps away as soon as Finlay slides into the ring, but instead of doing what everyone expects and going after Drew, Finlay hits Yoshi in the back with the weapon! The referee immediately calls for the bell.

WINNER- Yoshi Tatsu by DISQUALIFICATION in 3:58

McIntyre doesn’t look shocked; he looks aware and in control of the situation as Finlay hits Yoshi with the shillelagh once more. The Fighting Irishman lifts the lovable Japanese and slams him down with a Celtic Cross as the crowd begins to show their disapproval. However, it is when Drew and Finlay hold each other’s hands high that boos really start to roll in. Finlay motions towards Drew who lifts Yoshi and plants him down with the Sinister Spike (double underhook swinging snap DDT). Finlay and Drew then lift the unlucky Jap and whip him into the corner. Finlay smacks him across the chest with the shillelagh and then lifts him up to the top rope. Drew then runs up to him and leaps onto the second rope, before grabbing Yoshi’s head and falling backwards- implanting him into the canvas with the Scot Drop. The crowd is booing heavily by now as Drew and Finlay look ready for one more move as they lift a bruised and battered Yoshi to his feet. Finlay lifts Yoshi into an inverted Fireman’s Carry position as Drew takes position next to him. Finlay throws Tatsu off him in similiar fashion to an Argentine DDT, but Yoshi lands right on McIntyre’s knees with a gutbuster! The crowd winces at the painful looking maneuver and then begins to boo again as Finlay throws Yoshi out of the ring like a rag doll. Tatsu slumps down on the outside, possibly unconscious, and two referees tend to him with a stretcher.

Meanwhile, in the ring, Drew has a microphone and is ready to speak.

Drew McIntyre: The party... is over! Look over there {points to Yoshi}, that’s what will happen to you if you cross paths with the greatest tandem in the WWE. Me and Finlay here, we’ve been planning this day since before Survivor Series and what you just saw was perfectly orchestrated.

Drew passes the mic to Finlay and the crowd begins to boo the Fighting Irishman.

Finlay: It might seem a little strange to see a Scotsman and an Irishman teaming up but sometimes it takes the best of both worlds to create something this dominant. I was sick of teaming with midgets and coming out to the ring with cute leprechaun music playing. This is what I am meant to do- team with equally brutal men and I just found one in Drew McIntyre.

The mic is passed over again.

Drew McIntyre: We understand that the Unified Tag Team Championships are vacant again and the WWE needs someone to wear those belts. Now that we’re a team it would be an outrage to exclude us from the tournament that’s going to take place to decide the next champions. What better title holders you could ask for? You have Finlay, a man who has been busting skulls in Ireland for forty years and you have me, a future World Champion according to Vince McMahon himself. We are the best the WWE has to offer!

Finlay calls for the microphone and Drew gives it to him, as the crowd boos.

Finlay: As you can see by the way we just mutilated that cartoon character {big heat}, we are forces to be reckoned with. When you get people with like Drew and I, you’d better not cross our paths because we’ll beat you up. We’ll beat you up at your house, we’ll beat you up at the pub and we’ll beat you up in the ring. All of you in the audience- we would beat you all up one by one if we had the chance!

The crowd boos intensely as Finlay gives the mic to Drew, before sliding out of the ring. Finlay then goes up to the people in the front row and starts taking swings at them {purposely missing} as well as trash talking. The crowd boos this and the crowd in the direct area of Finlay jostles and tries to hit him but the Fighting Irishman steps back and laughs.

Drew McIntyre: Now Finlay, these wankers can pick a fight with us after the show, leave them be. However, I hope that this has been enough warning for all of you in the locker room and that you’ll be watching your backs from now on, because the greatest tandem in the WWE’s history has just been unleashed!

Drew smiles and drops the mike as the crowd boos. ‘Lambeg’ begins to play once more as Finlay slides into the ring to join his partner. They taunt the booing crowd as the commentators discuss what just happened, with the team forming and decimating Yoshi Tatsu in their first act. We then go to commercial as Drew and Finlay begin to make their exit.

***COMMERCIAL***

We return and are greeted with the music of the Women’s Champion. She, along with partner Beth Phoenix, steps out onto the stage and the duo gets some considerable heat. The Glamazon does her pose and lets McCool walk in front of her, obviously not getting too close to the champ. Michelle is the first to get into the ring and Beth follows soon after, and the duo exchange minimal words as they wait.

‘Obsession’ plays to a big pop as Mickie James skips out onto the stage. She bounds down to the ring high fiving fans and she slides in next to her opponents, not intimidated by the 2 on 1 scenario.

The red carpet is then rolled out and photographers run to its edges as Melina’s music begins to play. The crowd gives her a great reaction as she is adorned with feathers and she struts down the carpet on her way to the ring. The Sexican puts the feathers down and then moves up to the apron, before delivering her signature splits entrance to a pop and lots of whistles. Melina joins Mickie and the divas talk to each other about the upcoming match in which they will partner. The music stops and the two teams move to their corners of the ring.

MATCH 4
Beth Phoenix & Michelle McCool v Melina & Mickie James
(Tag Team)

The bell rings and Beth and Mickie, long time rivals, are chosen to start the match. They lock up in the centre of the ring and Beth gets the advantage, using her superior strength to bring Mickie down to her knees. The Glamazon then pulls James down face first into the canvas and Mickie shrieks in pain. Beth stomps on her back and Mickie rolls over to avoid it happening a second time. Instead, she takes a boot to the stomach and rolls away to the ropes to try and get back into the match. She uses the ropes to get back up but as soon as she does Beth pulls her back into the centre of the ring and tries for a rear naked choke, only to be nailed in the gut with a mule kick. The crowd pops as Mickie escapes Beth and turns around, nailing her with a dropkick. The Glamazon doubles over in pain and Mickie seizes the moment; nailing her with a running bulldog. Beth goes down and Mickie shouts to the crowd, who respond with cheers. She goes to the top rope and waits for Beth to get up, but on the apron Michelle advances towards her. Melina alerts the referee, who ushers the Women’s Champion back to her corner. Mickie is distracted by all of this and as her attention is averted, Beth walks up to the corner. She hooks Mickie and goes to suplex her off the top rope, but James lands on her feet and runs to her corner, where Melina is tagged in!

Melina runs in and immediately knocks Beth with an elbow to the forehead, followed by a sitout facebuster. Melina lifts Beth and tries to end things with a Primal Scream (leg lariat into the splits), but Phoenix grabs Melina’s leg mid move and contorts it awkwardly, sending Melina falling away. Michelle McCool calls for the tag on the apron and gets it, being brought into the match for the first time. Michelle runs in and immediately brings forward her aggressive offense, booting Melina in the face. She picks her rival up and looks her in the eye, before trying to slap her; which gets some heat. However, Melina manages to boot Michelle in the gut before she has a chance and nail the champ with a kick to the face, sending her to the canvas. Mickie James is tagged in again and she runs towards Michelle, who catches her opponent with a drop toe hold. Mickie falls to the canvas and hits it hard, allowing McCool to get to her feet. Michelle lifts Mickie but takes a forearm to the stomach for her troubles. Mickie goes to dropkick the Women's Champion, but her leg is caught. Michelle then twists the former 4 time champ into the Mad T Heel Hook. Mickie claws her way over to the ropes but Michelle pulls her into the centre of the ring and drops to the canvas to prevent James from going anywhere. Mickie is on the brink of tapping but she then uses her free leg to begin kicking Michelle, and after a few blows she gives up, much to the relief of the fans.

Michelle takes a rest and tags Beth back in, and the Glamazon is in no mood for fun and games. She grabs Mickie and steps on her back, before pulling up both sides of her body to put immense strain on her spine. Beth releases the hold and continues the punishment by lifting Mickie and whipping her into the corner. She then walks up and thrusts her shoulder into James’ abdomen and Mickie wails; hurt. Beth whips Mickie into the opposite corner and charges at her with a shoulder but James manages to raise her boots and kick the Glamazon in the face. The crowd pops as Beth charges again but it is déjà vu as she is kicked again. Mickie pulls herself up to the second rope and when Beth turns around Mickie flies down with a Diving Lou Thesz Press, only to be caught in mid air! Beth wows the crowd with her strength but then Mickie hammers her face with punches and she lets go. Mickie staggers away and tags in Melina while Beth manages to bring the Women’s Champion back in. Melina runs in with an instant clothesline, followed by a standing leg drop to Michelle’s throat. She lifts up the champ and kicks her in the gut, doubling her over. Melina then jumps on McCool and nails the Twisted Tower! Michelle is planted on the ground and the referee begins to count, but at 2, Michelle uses the ropes to pull herself into a position where Melina’s shoulders are on the mat. Michelle keeps hold of the ropes and the referee doesn’t see due to watching Melina’s shoulders. There is a 1, 2, 3 and Michelle is declared the winner!

WINNERS- Beth Phoenix & Michelle McCool by PINFALL in 6:37

There are boos heard at the use of dirty tactics to win the match by the Women’s Champion. Melina jumps at Michelle looking for revenge but the champ ducks away and rolls out of the ring, where she meets up with Beth Phoenix. The Glamazon reluctantly raises Michelle’s hand and the victorious pair walks back up the ramp while Mickie calms an agitated Melina down in the ring. The commentators describe the situation as one that could explode in the coming weeks, before we go to a video package.

As promised, we go to a video package and tonight it is for the Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler. We see his WWE debut on Raw and many of his introductions to fellow superstars and other people. We then see his debut on Smackdown and his immediate impacts on the blue brand, with the screen showing him defeat many foes. However, we see many of his failed attempts at winning the Intercontinental title, both against Rey Mysterio and John Morrison. We then go to last week though, and witness Ziggler’s first title win in the WWE, as Jack Swagger helped him defeat JoMo for the title. We end the package with a shot of Ziggler celebrating last week with his newly won title.

***COMMERCIAL***

Jack Swagger’s music plays and the crowd immediately pour heat on the All American-American, who has a cheesy grin on his face as usual. He does his usual entrance complete with chest beating, push ups and pyrotechnics before jogging up the ring steps and entering the ring. He beats his chest and roars one more time before his music stops.
Swagger’s opponent is John Morrison and when his music plays the crowd goes wild! Morrison appears on the ramp and he looks different without the Intercontinental Championship we’ve used to seeing around his waist. Morrison completes his slow motion entrance before walking down to the ring and taking off his robe. JoMo does a four corner salute but Swagger will have none of Morrison’s showboating as he clubs him in the back of the head with a clothesline.

MATCH 5
Jack Swagger v John Morrison
(Single)

The bell immediately rings with the crowd booing Swagger’s sneak attack. Swagger wastes no time getting into the match as his first action is clobbering Morrison with fists while he is still down. Swagger then gets up but doesn’t allow his opponent to do the same as he batters JoMo with boots to the abdomen. Swagger lifts the former Intercontinental Champion and puts him in a waistlock before trying to take him down in amateur wrestling fashion. However, Morrison manages to wriggle out of Jack’s grasp before stumbling towards the ropes to catch his breath. Swagger walks up to Morrison and pushes him into the ropes, whipping him effectively into the opposite ropes. Morrison runs back on the rebound and ducks a flimsy clothesline from Swagger before continuing to run off the opposite ropes. He rebounds off them with a crossbody block but Swagger grabs him in mid flight and reverses the move into a snap powerslam, which gets him a two count. Swagger then lifts John and plants him with a scoop slam but again he only gets a two. Swagger, believing he can end the match already, hoists Morrison up for the Gutwrench Powerbomb, only for JoMo to reverse the move into a hurricanrana pin half way through. The crowd chants 1 and 2 but then let their breath out when Swagger raises his shoulders.

Morrison and Swagger both tiredly get to their feet and Swagger rests on the ropes. Morrison pulls him away and smacks him in the face with a right hand but Swagger retaliates with a swift left jab. They take turns trading punches before the All American-American breaks the sequence via a kick to the gut. Swagger lifts Morrison and winds him with a single knee gutbuster, before stomping on his stomach a few more times. Swagger then lifts Morrison and plans to punish him by putting him in an abdominal stretch to put even more pressure on the midsection of the Shaman of Sexy. Swagger wrenches on Morrison who cries out in pain as the crowd begins to clap in time, getting behind their fan favourite. Morrison manages to edge himself forward with the help of the crowd’s screaming voices and he grabs the ropes, forcing Swagger to give up the hold. Swagger steps and JoMo looks to capitalize with a big roundhouse kick, only for Jack to duck it and whip Morrison into the ropes. Swagger bends down for a back body drop but while running back the Guru of Greatness stops and kicks Swagger right in the nose as the crowd pops. Morrison then snapmares Swagger into a sitting position before coming off the ropes and nailing him with a big knee to the face. The maneuver gets a great reaction but only a two count.

Morrison isn’t discouraged however as he lifts Swagger to his feet and nails him with a European uppercut, followed up by a Russian Leg Sweep. He stands above Swagger and then does some breakdancing to a pop, before the moves transition into a leg drop across Swagger’s chest. Morrison stands up as the crowd pops and he drags Swagger closer to the corner; the reaction growing louder in apprehension. JoMo arises to the top rope and faces the crowd, ready for the Starship Pain, but Swagger looks up and sees Morrison above him, prompting him to immediately get to his feet. He rushes towards John and pushes him forward, making him lose his balance and crotch himself on the corner. The crowd cringes as Swagger grabs him and nails him with a German Suplex off the top rope! Jack makes the cover but once again only gains a two count as JoMo gets his hand on the bottom rope at the last split-second. The All American-American becomes frustrated and lifts the Friday Night Delight for a Gutwrench Powerbomb only for Morrison to float over while he is in the air and land on his feet. Swagger turns around and out of nowhere is nailed with the Moonlight Drive! The crowd goes wild as Morrison pulls Jack towards the corner and executes his revenge for last week with a Starship Pain! The crowd is absolutely ballistic at this point and the count along with the referee when he shouts the 1 2 3.

WINNER- John Morrison by PINFALL in 9:33

The crowd is still cheering as Morrison gets to his feet and though he is in pain, he is still ecstatic about his victory. The referee raises his arms as he tries to finally catch his breath after the hectic match. Morrison panders to the crowd for a while before sliding out of the ring and smiling gleefully at a stirring Jack Swagger, who doesn’t look happy. Morrison walks up the ramp, still celebrating, as the commentary talk about the great match just witnessed and how Morrison could really be going on to bigger and better things after his victory. We show some more celebration before cutting to a promo.

We go backstage again for another interview but this time it is the female Cristina Legend, making her Smackdown debut as an interviewer. She is with Ranjin Singh who, unlike last week, has a smile on his face.

Cristina Legend: Ranjin, last week you realized that your brother The Great Khali was drafted away from Smackdown. How did that make you feel?

Ranjin Singh: I felt bad at first and family is family, but when your fellow interviewer Brandon Powers suggested that I find someone new to manage, it was something that came to my mind instantly. So I did some searching and found a superstar, a warrior, whose skills are unsurpassed. Make no mistake, I have found a man whose style we have never seen the likes off, whose offense is entirely unique to World Wrestling Entertainment.

Cristina Legend: And who is this man?

Ranjin Singh: You will find out next week on WWE Superstars. When my new colleague arrives in the WWE, he will take this company by a storm!

Ranjin smiles and walks away as Cristina smiles and looks into the distance. The crowd buzzes as they ponder who the man could be, while the commentary team also discusses who Ranjin could have brought in. We go to another Raw rebound.

The second Raw rebound of the night focuses on the main theme throughout the night, when Vince McMahon stated that there would be three qualifying matches throughout the night to decide John Cena’s challengers for the WWE title at Armageddon. We see Randy Orton prepping Legacy to keep DX from being the match and how the follow his orders perfectly, with Rhodes distracting HBK and allowing The Big Show to defeat him. We go on to see Orton himself helped by Legacy whose music begins to play and distract Triple H, who is then defeated after an RKO. We go to the main even of The Undertaker versus Batista, and see the referee knocked out, before Rey Mysterio interfered and took out the Animal, allowing the Phenom to score the final position in the fatal 4 way match- which will now be John Cena defending his WWE Championship against The Big Show, Randy Orton and The Undertaker!

***COMMERCIAL***

‘This Fire Burns’ begins to play and the crowd immediately boos as CM Punk steps out onto the stage for tonight’s main event. However, he has a microphone in hand and looks like he has something to say. He walks quickly down to the ring and up the steps, before settling in the centre of the ring and gripping the microphone with a frustrated look on his face.

CM Punk: I didn’t even want to be here tonight. If I had the choice and wasn’t booked in a match I would have gladly stayed at home. I wouldn’t even have watched Smackdown. For you see, it tires me to constantly be exposed to you people. You are all awful, sinful people and it sickens me every second I have to look at you.

The crowd begins to boo at the personal attack.

CM Punk: You people boo me but you should be booing yourselves. All night you sit cheering your favourite wrestlers on; cheering your lungs out. The irony is that your lungs are already permanently damaged from smoking. One puff of a cigarette is all it takes to damage your lungs and it doesn’t even have to be you who is abusing the drug. Secondhand smoke is just as damaging as smoking itself. All of you cigarette abusers out there just keep booing me, in fact boo as loud as you can because a few seconds later you’ll be coughing and a few months later you’ll be unable to breathe due to emphysema.

The crowd, despite Punk’s warning, continues to boo. Punk laughs and begins to mock them by beginning to cough, and to this the crowd boos even more profusely.

CM Punk: And then there’s the alcohol.

There is a cheap pop for alcohol, to which Punk shakes his head.

CM Punk: It’s nothing to cheer about. While I’m out here teaching you how to live your lives properly you’re all gulping down the beers you just bought. I bet half of you drinkers have already had more than 3 glasses; it’s typical from you people. Many of you will now be over the limit as well, but will that stop you from driving home? Just as the alcohol plants the seeds for brain damage in the future you’ll hop in your cars at the end of the show and drive home. Instead of doing the responsible thing and not drinking at all, you endanger yourselves and the people you love. You’re all fools, I’ve warned you now so when you crash your cars because you can’t see straight driving home, you can finally realise who is right. Me!

The crowd boos again.

CM Punk: I don’t care if you don’t like me, as long as you know that I am right. I am CM Punk, I am Straight Edge and I am better than you!

The heat increases as the crowd aren’t sparing anything for Punk.

CM Punk: And tonight you get to have the privilege to witness my victory as I team with the World Heavyweight Champion, a very talented man himself-

Punk is interrupted by an explosion of pyro which is naturally followed by Chris Jericho’s entrance music as the World Heavyweight Champion walks out onto the stage, right on cue. The crowd boos the champ, who has his belt around his waist as he makes his way down and into the ring. Jericho stares at Punk and extends his hand to his partner for tonight. Punk accepts but doesn’t look any more welcoming of Jericho, who takes his title belt off and places it on the corner of the ring. Jericho gets a separate mic and smiles cockily at the crowd before readying himself to speak.

Chris Jericho: As my well esteemed partner and former World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk said, we will be teaming together tonight. He also made clear that he doesn’t like the way you people drink, smoke and abuse drugs. Me however, I have no problem with that.

The crowd murmurs at Jericho’s motives as he seems to be siding with them.

Chris Jericho: What I do have a problem with is the fact that I am in the middle of an arena full of foolish hypocrites, moronic sycophants and idiosyncratic frauds!

The crowd erupts with boos and realises that Jericho isn’t on their side.

Chris Jericho: You people are the bottom of the bottom, the scum of all the scum. If we had feudalism, you would be the peasants. I would be the king- because I am the best in the world at what I do!

The crowd continues to give heat to Jericho, impatient with his arrogance.

Chris Jericho: You people are lucky to see the best superstar in the history of the WWE right here in front of you. And... the second best...

Punk glares at Jericho who smirks.

Chris Jericho: You people are going to be some of the select few morons that will be able to tell their friends that they saw the two best superstars on Smackdown team up. You’ll then be able to tell them that they defeated Matt Hardy and whatever insignificant partner he managed to find.

CM Punk: Maybe he convinced Teddy Long to allow his deadbeat brother back into the WWE for one mat- Oh wait, he can’t come back. I retired him!

The crowd goes insane with boos but their mood instantly changes when the music of Matt Hardy hits. Matt runs out onto the stage ready to compete and he raises his arm to the crowd who pop even louder. Matt stays on the stage and grabs a microphone, obviously rearing to make his announcement.

Matt Hardy: I won’t waste any more of the crowd’s time and preach to them about how I am better, because if they share my spirit then they’re on my level. Unlike you two, who are leaps and bounds below the great people here tonight!

The crowd pops at Matt’s praise of them.

Matt Hardy: We have to get ready for our main event so without further ado... my partner...

*SOS... I hear dem shoutin’!*

Matt Hardy: ...Kofi Kingston!

The crowd gives Kofi a great reception as his music plays and he runs out to join Hardy on stage. Jericho and Punk look indifferent as Kofi does his ‘Boop, boop’ taunt next to a smiling Hardy. The music and cheering die down as Kofi stands next to Matt.

Kofi Kingston: {without accent} Chris Jericho and CM Punk, you have both made names for yourselves by insulting people and cheating to win. I am going to make my name by defeating both of you!

Kofi and Matt run down to the ring and slide in together, prompting the heel team to retreat to the other side of the ring. The match is almost started when the Smackdown General Manager Theodore Long’s music interrupts. The happy go lucky GM walks out onto the stage and the crowd pops for his appearance.

Theodore Long: Playas, I’ve just got one thing to say before y’all start your match and it’s regarding the situation for Armageddon. With so many worthy superstars on Smackdown it was extremely hard to find challengers for the World title so I’m a let as many people compete for it as I can. Earlier in the night come the pay per view, there will be two triple threat matches. The person that is pinned or submits in those matches is eliminated. The four other people progress to the main event, which will be a championship scramble match!

The crowd pops for this unique match set-up.

Theodore Long: As for the Smackdown superstars that will be competing... both triple threat matches will contain the finest the WWE has to offer. The first will pit the Ballin’ Superstar MVP {heat}... against the World’s Strongest Man Mark Henry {pop}... against the Straight Edge Superstar CM Punk!

The crowd boos Punk, who nods his head in the ring, pleased.

Theodore Long: The second will include the Guru of Greatness John Morrison {pop}... the All American-American Jack Swagger {heat}... and finally the Man Who Will Not Die, Matt Hardy!

There is a great pop for Hardy who pumps a fist in appreciation.

Theodore Long: Four of those six men will progress to face Chris Jericho in the main event of Armageddon. I’ll just quickly remind y’all of the rules of the championship scramble. Two men begin in the ring, and the next three enter at 5 minute intervals. Once all 5 men are in the ring there are only 5 minutes left in the match which ends strictly at the 20 minute mark. Throughout the whole match the combatants attempt to score pinfalls or submissions, and the person with the last pinfall before the match ends is declared World Heavyweight Champion. Oh and one more thing: Kofi, I’m not forgetting you playa. I’m gonna give you a big match next week and it will be against a man in the ring right now- Chris Jericho!

The crowd pops for the match as Kofi looks ecstatic; Jericho frustrated.

Theodore Long: And after that non title match I have a stellar main event planned. It will be the team of CM Punk, Jack Swagger and MVP {boos} going up against Matt Hardy, John Morrison and Mark Henry {cheers}! In a 6 man tag team match!

The crowd cheers again for another huge match announcement.

Theodore Long: I hope y’all are satisfied because you just witnessed some ground-breaking announcements! But now I’m finished and I’m a let this match get underway! Holla playas!

Teddy’s music plays again and he walks to the back as the crowd cheers. The commentators discuss the matches announced for next week and Armageddon, before hyping up the tag team match that will take place after the break. We go to a short break before we will return with the main event.

***COMMERCIAL***

We come back and are ready for the epic tag team match, with the teams already on opposite sides of the ring. It looks like Kofi and Punk will be kicking off the match together.

MAIN EVENT
CM Punk & Chris Jericho v Matt Hardy & Kofi Kingston
(Tag Team)

Kofi and Punk circle each other in the ring before locking up and Punk gets the advantage after an arm wrench. He then steps over the arm and delivers a mule kick to Kofi’s chest and he staggers backwards after the impact. Punk then attempts a spinning wheel kick only for it to be ducked and for Kofi to nail him with a signature high angle dropkick. Punk is knocked off his feet as Kofi smiles and springboards off the ropes with a crossbody onto Punk, only for the Straightedge Superstar to get his knees up and for Kofi to roll away clenching his ribs in pain. Punk tags in the World Heavyweight Champion and the crowd boos him as he steps into the ring. Jericho grabs Kofi and holds him up by his chin, before frowning and shouting “You don’t deserve to be in the same ring as me”, but before he can finish the sentence Kofi lashes out with a massive right hand. The crowd pops as the punch knocks Chris off his feet momentarily and when Y2J gets back to his feet Kofi knocks him right back down with a flying forearm smash. Kofi tags in his partner and Matt Hardy joins him in the ring. Kingston lifts Jericho up and begins to execute an over the shoulder flapjack, and on the way down Hardy nails the champ with a European uppercut. The unique double team maneuver gets a two count as the Self Proclaimed King of the World manages to kick out.

Hardy lifts Jericho and immediately thinks back to last week where he stole the victory from him in the triple threat main event. He drills Chris with punches, forearms and elbows, battering him every way he knows how. As Jericho drops to his knees and tries to shield himself, Hardy nails him with a huge discus punch that sends him all the way down to the canvas. Hardy then puts Jericho in a lying sleeper hold, before getting to his feet while keeping Jericho in the hold. After some more of wearing the champ down, he releases the hold and spins Jericho around. However, before Hardy can do whatever he planned, Jericho blindsides him with an eye poke. The crowd boos the dirty move as a blinded Hardy rests on the ropes while Punk is tagged in. Matt is not able to see Punk charging towards him so when he is clotheslined over the top rope he is completely taken aback. Matt falls to the outside and realises what just happened, but just as Punk plans to slide out, Kofi joins his partner outside the ring and aids him in his recovery. Hardy recuperates and slides in at the count of 5. Punk doesn’t even let Matt get to his feet as he is immediately assaulted with boots once he is on the canvas. Matt has to use the ropes to get up while the referee holds Punk back. Punk pushes Hardy off the ropes and whips him across the ring. He rebounds off the other side of the ring and runs right into a tilt a whirl backbreaker from CM Punk. Punk covers but it is not enough to put Hardy away.

Punk lifts Hardy up and whips him into the corner before lifting his hands to make an X sign, the symbol of Straight Edge lifestyle. The crowd boos as Punk runs and nails Hardy right on the chin with the double knee life. Punk follows up with the bulldog but Hardy reverses it and sends Punk running into the opposite corner. Matt immediately capitalizes by nailing his own clothesline in the corner, and this time he manages to follow up with the bulldog as well. Hardy drags Punk in line to the corner as the crowd murmurs in apprehension. Matt tags Kofi in and Hardy immediately goes to the top rope while Kofi stands in front of Punk. Perfectly in sync, Hardy leaps off the turnbuckle with a Moonsault just as Kofi jumps high into the air with legs outstretched for the Boom Drop. At exactly the same time, Hardy connects on Punk’s midsection while Kofi lands on his throat with the dual high flying moves. The crowd cheers in approval as Kofi makes the cover, only for it to be broken up by Chris Jericho. Matt Hardy then tackles Jericho to the ground and unloads on him with punches as the crowd cheers. The referee is occupied with getting the illegal men out of the ring and while Kofi is occupied watching the brawl, Punk grabs him from behind by the hair and pulls him to the canvas, before beginning to yank. The referee manages to get Chris and Matt back on their aprons and just as the referee turns back to the legal men, Punk stops the illegal and unethical hair pulling. With Kofi in pain, Punk crawls over to his corner where the Ayatollah of Rock ‘n’ Rollah is tagged in.

Jericho runs in and pounces on the downed Kofi, immediately grabbing both of his legs. He tries to apply the Walls of Jericho but it looks like it’s too early as Kofi isn’t turning over easily. Jericho tries with all his strength and manages to get Kofi on his stomach, but as soon as he does, Kingston kicks Jericho away. The Ghanaian Superstar uses the ropes to pull himself up but Jericho isn’t going to let him fully recover, knowing that Kofi is near unstoppable when he gets going. Jericho takes Kingston’s breath away with a strong trio of backhand chops, before he puts Kofi in a double underhook position and lifts him for a backbreaker. Kofi falls away in pain but Jericho immediately pulls him back and stretches Kingston’s back over his knee. Jericho pulls down both sides of Kofi’s body with all his might, and shouts “Ask him!!!” at the referee, as if just to please the smarks. Kingston however isn’t going to tap anytime soon, as he begins to fight the submission via a series of punches to Jericho’s chest. The crowd gets behind him, and in an incredible feat of flexibility he manages to stretch his leg all the way around and kick Jericho in the head, making him break the hold. Kofi gets up and once again Jericho is one step ahead of him as he tries for a spinning wheel kick. However, Kingston manages to duck and nail Jericho with the Ranhei he calls the SOS!

Both men are down in the centre of the ring and crawl towards their partners as the crowd is cheering Kofi on to get an eager Hardy into the match. Jericho reaches his corner first and Punk is tagged in but a second later Matt Hardy also rushes into the match. The crowd goes insane as Hardy nails Punk with a clothesline, and then another. Punk tries to retaliate with a lariat of his own but Hardy ducks it and manages to nail the Side Effect, keeping his momentum rolling. Hardy goes up top and does the V1 hand signal, but before he can jump down Chris Jericho sneaks across the apron towards Hardy. Kofi tries to warn the referee but all this does is avert the official’s attention as Jericho pushes Hardy down to the canvas. However, Matt manages to land on his feet and foil Jericho’s plan. He lifts Punk and whips him into the ropes, but he doesn’t know that when he reaches them Jericho slaps his partner’s back and tags himself in. Hardy nails Punk with a dropkick on the rebound and tags Kofi in. Kingston, thinking Punk is the legal man, stands over him and does the ‘Boop, boop’ taunt, but before he can execute the Boom Drop, Jericho nails him with the Codebreaker! The crowd boos as Kofi slumps to the mat and Punk rolls out of the way, beginning to recover. Before a confused Matt Hardy can even protest, Jericho springboards off the ropes and dropkicks the Man Who Will Not Die off the apron. He then turns back to a limp Kofi and grabs his legs, twisting him into the Walls of Jericho. The crowd fears the worst but Kofi manages to keep fighting and claw himself towards the ropes but Jericho puts a stop to that by digging his knee into Kofi’s neck, transitioning the move into the Liontamer. With nowhere to go, it is only a matter of seconds before Kofi taps out.

WINNERS- CM Punk & Chris Jericho by SUBMISSION in 13:49

The bell rings signifying the end of an awesome main event. The crowd is not happy with the result but Jericho obviously his as he has his arms rose in the centre of the ring, along with Punk who soon joins him. The victorious partners kick Kofi out of the ring to where Matt Hardy recovers, again frustrated about not being able to pull off a victory. Punk is about to leave when Jericho grabs him and nails him with the Codebreaker, sending a message to the whole locker room and all his challengers. Jericho celebrates as the commentators put over the World Heavyweight Champion, but also mention that 6 men will be gunning for his title come Armageddon. We get a long shot of Jericho and the 3 wounded men around him, before the Smackdown logo appears and the show fades to black.

~fin~

Quick Results

1. Mark Henry def. MVP in a Street Fight
2. Elijah Burke def. Charlie Haas
3. Yoshi Tatsu def. Drew McIntyre by DQ
4. Beth Phoenix & Women’s Champion Michelle McCool def. Melina & Mickie James
5. John Morrison def. Jack Swagger
6. World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho & CM Punk def. Matt Hardy & Kofi Kingston