WCW: The Best Is Yet To Come~!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Damn I would have thought the cage match would have got a better rating...but eh I can see that as well. Still ended strong with Sid though.

I'm a little torn though bc obviously this is really well written and fun to read, but I still don't know how much I would have liked this product on TV :lmao Like it's definitely still 2001 WCW, better...but still 2001 WCW lmao which I know you're going for so good job.

• Haha
Reactions: Vegeta and Hoss

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I'm just working with what I have right now. :lol Hopefully in the coming weeks there are some things that I want to mix in that will really start to change the dynamic of things. But all in all it is gonna be a bit of a slow process due to the fact I have no fucking money. :lol

Reactions: Chris

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
fBN32ag.jpg

WCW THUNDER

Date:
Wednesday, Week 4, January 2001 (taped Monday, Week 4, January 2001)
Attendance: 4,651

TV Rating: 0.19

The Mamalukes defeat The Harris Brothers in the opening match. This one is a straight up brawl with Big Vito ultimately securing the win with a flying leg drop onto Heavy D. (D)

Following a commercial break, Lance Storm comes out to the ring and cuts a promo bragging about the recent success of Team Canada. He mentions how things continue to escalate with The Filthy Animals and says the next match should serve as an example of the dominance that is to come from Team Canada. (C)

Lance Storm defeats up and comer AJ Styles
with the Canadian Maple Leaf in the next match. Styles shows off his high flying offensive repertoire but he’s no match for Storm here. Despite working a good match, the fans weren’t really moved by this one. (D)

Coming off a break, the WCW United States Champion Shane Douglas defeats Corporal Cajun using The Pittsburgh Plunge in more or less a glorified squash. (C-)

After the match, Douglas says he’s going to make an example out of Corporal Cajun. But before he can inflict too much damage, Bill DeMott comes storming down and clears Douglas out, staring him down as he retreats up the ramp with a sly grin. (C)

In a hard hitting main event, Mike Awesome defeats Fit Finlay, who we have not seen in quite some time on WCW TV. Finlay controls the early proceedings, with his pitbull-like aggression, but Mike Awesome’s physical dominance wins out in the end and he puts Finlay away with The Awesome Bomb. (C-)

The show ends with the announcers showing a video they obtained, showing Goldberg and Animal briefly breaking loose and continuing their brawl in the parking lot of the local police department following their arrests on Nitro. Tony informs the fans that Ric Flair will be making an announcement regarding Animal and Goldberg’s situation on next week’s Nitro! (A+)

Show Rating: C

Reactions: Vegeta and Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
You used the right talent, booked a young potential future star in AJ against a guy that knows his shit in Storm, had a pretty good main event from two guys who aren't doing a lot, and then had A+ quality hype for your A show to end it. What a fuckin' B show.

Reactions: Hoss

King Kota

Captain Of Team Kick
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Poor Disco that was funny

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Updated the first page, second post to include important info about the rest of the game world (or at least the relevant promotions)

Also updated the main page to reflect finances at the beginning of February and get the show archives up to date.

Last edited:

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Wasn't Awesome/Finlay ****?

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Reactions: Chris

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Don't let Awesome kill himself

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Updated the first page, second post to include important info about the rest of the game world (or at least the relevant promotions)

Also updated the main page to reflect finances at the beginning of February and get the show archives up to date.

Damn EC said he may be in isolation but he still putting in that work :WOW

Reactions: Hoss

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Not gonna lie, I got baited in thinking Sid was gonna help Jeff out. :TI: cause that would've been some very WCW like shit. Kind of glad it didn't happen because since it's what I thought was going to happen. Always nice to be shocked.

Thunder was pretty decent also. :WOW great shit.

Reactions: Hoss and Chris

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
rt1fkkS.jpg

WCW NITRO

Date:
Monday, Week 1, February 2001
Attendance: 4,026

TV Rating: 3.56

-----------------

What’s beef?

Nitro begins in standard fashion with their opening video reel highlighting the stars of WCW. We fade into the Pershing Auditorium in Lincoln, Nebraska and an array of pyro goes off. Tony Schiavone and Scott Hudson welcome the fans in. They touch on the big feuds in WCW. They talk about the ongoing issues between The Insiders and The Natural Born Thrillers, and how last week we saw what might be some cracks in The Thrillers’ alliance. They talk about Dustin Rhodes and Ric Flair and recap how Flair declined to face Rhodes at SuperBrawl and how Dustin laid him out with a low blow. Then they talk about the cage match main event last week, which ended with Jeff Jarrett sneaking in a win, but it would be Sid Vicious who ultimately stood tall to end the night!

Jeff Jarrett’s “Chosen One” theme hits the speakers and the WCW World Heavyweight Champion makes his presence known, walking out onto the ramp with his usual get up, carrying a guitar of course, and behind him is the towering Harris Brothers. The trio makes their way to the ring with a cascading of boos welcoming them. Jarrett gets in the ring and takes the microphone.

“Now I’ve got something to say so how about you cornfed slap nuts shut your damn traps! The Chosen One is speaking!”

This just draws more heat from the crowd.

“Last week on Nitro, I defeated Scott Steiner in front of God and everyone! I retained my championship when no one gave me a snowball’s chance in hell! No one believed I could beat Steiner in the steel cage, but seeing is believing and as you can see, this championship still belongs to me! But as the old saying goes, heavy is the head that wears the crown. Soon as I get rid of one problem, another one wants to rear its ugly head. Last week, Sid Vicious stuck his nose in my business, and I’m not about to let that slide! So Sid Vicious, get your ugly mug out here and face me in this ring!”

Jarrett doesn’t have to ask twice, as Sid’s theme plays and the giant comes lurching out. The audience are fully behind The Ruler of the World! Sid makes his way to the ring on his own time and comes in to meet Jarrett face to face.

“Alright Sid, now I’m not going to ask you for any explanations. I don’t want to hear your excuses frankly! You put your hands on the champion of the world boy, and you’re not gonna get away with that. I called you out for one simple reason. To let you know that we’re gonna FIGHT tonight! I’ve got my boys Don and Ron here, so how about you go find two partners for yourself, and we’ll have ourselves a little six man tag match here tonight! That is, if you can find two wrestlers back there who want to team with your bizarro ass!”

Sid stands stoic, staring right through Jarrett for a moment.

“You know Jarrett, that’s fine with me. Because I know that partners… or no partners… I can KICK. YOUR. ASS!”

The fans pop as Sid fires up. Jarrett laughs and turns to The Harris Brothers, mocking Sid. As soon as he turns back around, he gets flattened with a big boot from Sid! The Harris Brothers spring into action, but Sid handles them both, clotheslining both men out of the ring! Jarrett rolls to safety and all three men back up the ramp, shouting at Sid, telling him his days are numbered!

Rating: B-

-----------------

Elix Skipper, Lance Storm, Kaz Hayashi and Yang w/Leia Meow and Major Gunns

vs.
Shane Helms, Shannon Moore, Billy Kidman and Rey Mysterio

Following the big skirmish at the beginning of the show last week, we get an eight man tag featuring feuding alliances.

This match is full throttle mayhem from the top. Lots of tagging going on, plenty of dives, flips, rolls and counters. This goes on for about 8 minutes until Lance Storm gets the tag in for his team and then slows down the pace dramatically. Storm pretty much dominates Shannon Moore and cuts a mid-match promo, yelling at the crowd that his way is superior to all the high flying these other guys are doing, while locking Moore in an Indian Deathlock. Moore ends up with a hot tag to Rey who comes in fresh and overwhelms Storm with his speed. He gets Storm on spaghetti legs with a tiger feint kick and is measuring him up for a springboard maneuver, but Kaz Hayashi runs interference and knocks him off the apron with a standing sidekick. This prompts things to break down into insanity. Kidman runs across the ring and dropkicks Kaz off the apron. Storm takes Kidman and tosses him to the outside, where Elix jumps off the apron and hits him with a hurricanrana off the apron. Moore makes his way around and hits Skipper with a Shining Wizard. Yang spears Moore into the barricade, and the two of them begin brawling. Sugar Shane sneaks into the ring and measures up Storm. Shane throws a roundhouse kick, but Storm catches it and pulls Helms down into the Candian Maple Leaf! Mysterio recovers though, and springboards into the ring, hitting Storm with a hurricanrana! But Storm rolls through the hurricanrana and slaps on the Canadian Maple Leaf on Mysterio! Rey Rey has nowhere to go and no one to help him and is forced to submit!

Result: Lance Storm, Elix Skipper, Yang and Kaz Hayashi win via submission
Rating: C

-----------------

Show and Prove

Backstage, we fade into the locker room of The Natural Born Thrillers. The whole squad is together and there appears to be some kind of issue. Jindrak and Stasiak specifically are arguing with the rest of the group about last week, saying that Sanders should have rode the hot hand and used them against Miller and The Insiders, while O’Haire and Palumbo are taking exception to that and Sanders is just trying to keep the peace between them.

Sanders finally cuts through, and says that’s enough arguing. Sanders says they all have the same goals and need to have each other’s backs to get where they need to be. Sanders says just to make everyone happy though, he’s going to book a match for later tonight! Mark Jindrak will have a chance to prove himself against Diamond Dallas Page one-on-one tonight on Nitro! Jindrak looks satisfied with that. Sanders looks around and makes sure everyone is on board with that, and everyone seems in agreement. Sanders says tonight, The Thrillers are going to send a very loud and clear message!

Rating: C+

-----------------

Douglas speaks his truth

Cut to the backstage interview area, and Gene Okerlund is standing by with Shane Douglas and Bam Bam Bigelow! Long time allies who will reunite shortly to take on Bill DeMott and Corporal Cajun. Okerlund says things continue to heat up with Douglas and DeMott, and asks the US Champion if he’s feeling the pressure of this new and more aggressive Bill DeMott…

Douglas laughs this off. He tells Gene that DeMott can change his name and change his attire, hell he can change his address and change his phone number, but at the end of the day he’s still the same fat sack of crap that couldn’t beat him at Sin! Douglas also says he sees through this whole ploy by DeMott and accuses him of turning on his Misfits and namely Corporal Cajun! Douglas says that he would never turn on the people who helped make him who he is, and promises that he and Bam Bam are going to give DeMott and Cajun a lesson in wrestling excellence tonight!

Rating: C-

-----------------

Bill DeMott and Corporal Cajun vs. Shane Douglas and Bam Bam Bigelow

The match begins with DeMott and Bigelow going at it, with neither of the hosses standing down. Douglas tags himself in and taunts DeMott a bit, constantly retreating to the ropes or rolling out of the ring, just not allowing DeMott to get his hands on him at all. DeMott is fed up with it and drops to the outside to chase Douglas down. Douglas circles around the ring with DeMott in hot pursuit until a waiting Bigelow just decimates Bigelow with a clothesline out of nowhere. Douglas and Bigelow stand taunting DeMott, until Corporal Cajun comes out of nowhere with a huge dive over the top rope onto Bigelow and Douglas! Cajun rolls DeMott back into the ring, and grabs Douglas to send him in as well. Douglas and DeMott come to and finally they lock horns, with DeMott getting the better of things for the most part. DeMott pulls Douglas to the corner and tags Cajun in. Cajun hops in and gives Douglas a big knee to the midsection while DeMott holds him. Cajun gets his shots in on Douglas, until Douglas side steps a dropkick attempt and hits Cajun with a swinging neckbreaker. Douglas tags Bigelow back in to the match, and The Beat From The East feasts on Corporal Cajun. Cajun is able to make a hot tag to DeMott who comes in like a house of fire, dodging a clothesline and taking Bam Bam down with a flurry of jabs, capped off with a discus lariat! DeMott grabs The Franchise who is standing unsuspecting on the apron, and flips him into the ring. DeMott hits Douglas with a big AA Spinebuster, but Bigelow recovers and is able to clobber DeMott from behind. Cajun runs in to try to even things up some, but he isn’t much of a challenge for the near 400 pound monster. Bam Bam pulls Cajun up into a military press and flings him right over the top rope down to the floor! DeMott attempts a school boy but to no avail. Bigelow and DeMott continue to battle for a bit, until an angry Douglas asks to be tagged back in. Bigelow tags Douglas back in and they both lay into DeMott who is beginning to run on fumes. Douglas sends DeMott off the ropes and hits him with a spinning powerslam. Douglas makes the cover, but only gets the two. Douglas sends DeMott into the corner, at which point Corporal Cajun makes a blind tag that The Franchise doesn’t see. Douglas comes running and attempts a big splash on DeMott, but DeMott dodges out of the way and Douglas crashes right into the corner. DeMott drops Douglas with a back suplex and exits the ring. Cajun who is now the legal man heads up top and comes flying off to land a frog splash on Douglas. Cajun hooks the leg but Douglas kicks out at two once again! Douglas wants to make a tag out, but Cajun cuts off the ring. Douglas finally swings momentum back in his favor with a thumb to Cajun’s eye! He sets Cajun up for The Pittsburgh Plunge, but Cajun spins out of it, pushes Douglas into Bagwell, causing them to knock heads. Cajun then snatches the disoriented Douglas up in an O’Connor Roll. Douglas flails all he can but Cajun is able to hold him down for the 1-2-3!

Douglas is in absolute shock at the loss. DeMott seems a bit shocked too, but enters the ring and pulls Cajun up to celebrate with him! Douglas begins slamming his fist on the mat and yelling at the referee that he screwed him, but the pin was clean as a whistle. DeMott and Cajun head out, with DeMott patting Cajun on the back and Cajun looking very surprised that he was able to pull off the pin.

Result: Corporal Cajun and Bill DeMott win via pinfall
Rating: D+

-----------------

Career = Killed

Fresh off a commercial break, we hear the patriotic tune of “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan! Out comes the always enthusiastic Duggan with his 2x4 and American flag. Duggan makes his way down and sets his flag and 2x4 in the corner. Duggan throws up his thumb and gives a couple of big “HOOOOO”s to the crowd. Duggan is handed a microphone and paces around for a little bit, just looking over the audience. Duggan finally speaks and says that at Sin, and on the following Nitro, he took one hell of a beating at the hands of Mike Awesome, who hit him with a total of three Awesome Bombs. Duggan tightens up and says that after visiting with professionals, he’s reached the conclusion that he won’t be able to compete in an in-ring capacity anymore due to an accumulation of injuries he’s suffered throughout his career. Duggan says he simply isn’t in the shape he needs to be to be able to hang with today’s superstars. He thanks the fans for all their support and says this isn’t the last they’ll see of him, nor is he ruling out a return down the line, but for now… he must say goodbye. The fans give Duggan a huge ovation as he waves and bows to them.

Suddenly, the Team Canada theme rips through the arena! Boos immediately rain down, and out comes Mike Awesome, the very man who drove Duggan to this decision. He walks out calmly, looking around at the fans unphased by their hatred. Awesome gets in the ring and Duggan is standing in a defensive position, holding on to his 2x4. Awesome tries to talk Duggan down. He gets a microphone and tells Duggan he’s sorry to hear about his retirement, but he applauds him for making the right decision. Awesome tells the fans that they have no right to hate him because he simply fought Duggan, as wrestlers do. He says if Duggan can’t handle the rigor of being a WCW superstar, that isn’t his fault. The boos continue to come down, even heavier now. Awesome stands looking disgusted at the fans. Finally, he brings the mic up and says if the fans want to boo him, he’ll give them a reason to boo him. He spins around and takes Duggan down with a huge big boot! The boos now become thunderous. Awesome laughs, admiring his work. He pulls Duggan up by his hair. Duggan throws a few hooks and catches Awesome in the midsection, but they don’t phase Awesome much. Awesome lands a knee into Duggan’s abdomen and then heaves him up before delivering a colossal Awesome Bomb!

Duggan is laid out completely and Awesome is clearly proud of himself. He saunters over and picks his microphone back up. He says now that he’s handled that, he came here tonight to have a fight! So if anyone in the back thinks they have what it takes, he’ll be waiting for them! It doesn’t take long for someone to step up to the plate, and it will be none other than Meng, who comes barrelling out. Awesome looks pleased at the sight of Meng, a true badass and a worthy competitor.

-----------------

Meng vs. Mike Awesome

As the bell rings, WCW personnel are still rolling Duggan out of the ring. Meng and Mike Awesome both charge out of their corners and meet in the middle, exchanging blows. Meng gets the better of the exchange, as he proves to be almost impervious to pain. Things start chaotic and they remain that way. Meng takes Awesome over the top rope and the brawl spills to the floor. There isn’t a hold or wrestling move applied at all in the early going, as it’s straight striking and using the environment as a weapon. Meng has the advantage for the most part until Awesome turns things around on him, lifting Meng high and dropping him crotch first down on the barricade! The referee admonishes Awesome, but he really couldn’t care less. Awesome charges at Meng and hits him with a big boot, taking him down off the barricade. Awesome takes Meng back in the ring and the big man heads up to the top. Awesome flies off the top with a huge crossbody. He takes Meng down, but Meng rolls through and attempts a pin, which Awesome kicks out of. The two get up and the brawl resumes. After some back and forth, Awesome attempts a headbutt on Meng which Meng completely no sells, while Awesome drops down a knee, holding his own head. Meng pulls Awesome up and sends him off the ropes, but Awesome rebounds with a hellacious clothesline! Awesome gets up and signals for the end. He pulls Meng up over his shoulder and drives him down with authority with an Awesome Bomb! Awesome goes straight into the cover and Meng is not able to kick out in time!

Result: Mike Awesome wins via pinfall

-----------------

Chavo stands alone!

Backstage, “Iron” Mike Tenay is getting a word with WCW Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero. Tenay talks to Chavo about the eight man tag match that went down earlier on the show and asks him if he’s seeing anyone emerging from the pack to be his next challenger. Chavo cuts a promo saying that there’s simply too many groups in WCW, and because of that, there isn’t a single person in the Cruiserweight Division that he sees as a serious challenge. He says that he’s waiting to see if anybody has the guts to do what he did, and step out on their own and create their own legacy, and then maybe he’ll start viewing them as a serious threat. But until then, it doesn’t matter who gets a shot at him because the story is going to continue to be the same: STILL your WCW Cruiserweight Champion of the world…. Chavo Guerrero!

Rating: D+

-----------------

The axe forgets, but the tree remembers…

We dissolve from the interview in the back, and back to ringside we go. The sirens of Scott Steiner’s theme hit the PA system and Big Poppa Pump himself comes marching out to the ring, trailed close behind by Midajah. The Genetic Freak is clearly worked up about something. He gets in the ring, takes a microphone, and gets right down to business.

“Last week right in the middle of this ring, I was screwed over again by that punk Jarrett and Sid Vicious! I’m a real man and I’ll take a loss but when I get absolutely robbed of the WCW World Title, which is rightfully mine, that don’t sit well with me! I’m the man who has kept WCW afloat for months, I’m the man who put that title back on the map! I’ve been getting nothing but disrespect here lately and I’m not gonna stand for it anymore. So I’m out here right now DEMANDING some respect. Jarrett, Sid, Flair… I couldn’t care less! Someone come out here right now and make this right! And DON’T make me wait!”

Steiner stands, looking up at the stage. There’s a silence in the arena for a good while, until suddenly…

“Don’t hate the playa… hate the game!”

The fans erupt as Booker T’s theme hits. Steiner is in disbelief. And indeed, Booker T comes walking out wearing a tracksuit. He stops at the top of the ramp and does his signature taunt with flame pyro. He then unzips his jacket and pulls it off before sprinting down the ramp. Steiner stands his ground and the two men collide in the middle of the ring. Tony brings up that Booker has been absent since Mayhem, where Scott Steiner injured him and put him out with the Steiner Recliner. Booker T gets the better of the exchange, and hits Steiner with his Harlem Sidekick. Booker T sets up Steiner for the Scissors Kick, but Steiner dives out of the ring at the last moment. Midajah grabs Steiner and leads him away from the ring as Booker T stands in the middle of the ring, telling Steiner to come back and get a piece of him. Steiner isn’t going to bite though. As Steiner and Midajah disappear to the back, Booker T celebrates in the ring to a huge ovation before we fade off to commercial.

-----------------

Dustin Rhodes vs. AJ Styles

Back from the break, Dustin Rhodes is in action once more against AJ Styles, who made his WCW debut last week on Thunder. This match is rather straightforward, as Dustin dominates the action for 95% of this one. Styles makes a few plucky underdog style comebacks, hitting some kick combos and one flying forearm, but otherwise it’s all Rhodes. Dustin takes a completely cerebral approach, and targets the knee of Styles, pulling out chop blocks, inside leg elbow drops, low dropkicks throughout. Dustin ultimately brings things home, locking AJ Styles in the figure four leglock and forcing him to submit.

Result: Dustin Rhodes wins via submission

-----------------

No flattery intended

The last match is a wrap and Dustin Rhodes is heading out, but he stops halfway out of the ropes and turns back around and pushes the referee away from AJ Styles who is still laid out on the canvas. Dustin puts some boots into Styles and then slides out of the ring. He pulls Styles by his leg to one of the corners. Dustin positions Styles with one leg on each side of the steel post. He lets out a Ric Flair style “WHOOO!” and then wraps Styles’ legs around the post, applying a hanging figure four on Styles who screams in pain from the hold. The referee drops to the floor and tries to pry Dustin loose. A couple more officials have to run down and help the first referee to get Dustin to release the hold. Dustin gets up and walks away from the scene, as referees check on Styles. Before heading up the ramp, Dustin pulls off Flair’s signature strut as one final message to The Nature Boy.

-----------------

Big news for next week!

After that blatant disrespect by Dustin Rhodes, we cut over to the interview area where Gene Okerlund is with CEO Ric Flair. They both seem to be watching what just happened on a monitor off screen, as Flair is shaking his head in disgust. Okerlund says it’s become clear that Rhodes isn’t reacting well to The Nature Boy turning down his challenge for SuperBrawl. Flair says that acting like a child isn’t going to make Flair any more likely to accept his challenge, and if he continues with this behavior, he’ll be disciplined accordingly. He then segues into saying he has an announcement that he is here to make. Flair announces that both Animal and Goldberg have been ordered to stay home this week after their recent behavior, but next week right here on Nitro they will have an in-ring contract signing for the two of them to go one-on-one at SuperBrawl! Okerlund says that’s huge news and hopefully there will be extra security detail on hand!

-----------------

Mark Jindrak vs. Diamond Dallas Page

Jindrak makes his entrance first, initially with all the members of The Natural Born Thrillers by his side. The squad stops at the top of the ramp and Jindrak shakes hands with each of them before sending them to the back. Page and Nash come out next and in similar fashion, DDP sends Nash to the back, choosing to go it alone in this one.

The match begins with Jindrak overpowering Page, thanks to his size and youth. DDP is not one to roll over and die though. Page changes the momentum of the match, countering a front facelock into a hammerlock and then hitting Jindrak with a Russian leg sweep. Page tries to ground Jindrak, but Jindrak isn’t having any of it and counters a side headlock into a big back suplex. Jindrak regains control, and dominates for several more minutes while Page attempts to fire up for a comeback. Fueled by the adoring fans, Page fights back into it and delivers a big atomic drop and lariat combo. Both men are laid out on the canvas, and fight back to their feet at the same time. Jindrak runs towards Page, who pulls the top rope down, causing Jindrak to fall out to the floor. Jindrak thinks fast though and pulls Page out of the ring by his ankle. Jindrak grabs Page behind the head and looks to throw him into the guard rail, but Page counters and it’s Jindrak that ends up hitting the steel guard rail. Page quickly rolls Jindrak back in the ring and climbs up to the top rope. As Jindrak staggers to his feet, Page comes flying off the top rope for a crossbody, but Jindrak ducks it and Page crashes and burns! Jindrak grabs Page and positions him for a hangman’s neckbreaker, but Page spins it around and hits Jindrak with a sudden and decisive Diamond Cutter! Page hooks the leg and gets the pinfall.

Result: Diamond Dallas Page wins via pinfall

-----------------

Commissioner Sanders stacks the deck

Page is celebrating his win in the ring, when up on the big screen, we get a glimpse backstage. Mike Sanders is pulling a camera man behind him, and as they turn the corner, you see Sean O’Haire, Shawn Stasiak, Chuck Palumbo and Reno laying in shots to Kevin Nash who is on the ground, just trying to cover himself up. Mike Sanders pull the camera over to face him. Sanders says that he’s pleased to announce that at SuperBrawl, The Insiders will once again be defending the WCW World Tag Team Titles against The Natural Born Thrillers. But this time, it will be a triple threat tag team match. The Insiders vs. Sean O’Haire and Chuck Palumbo vs. Shawn Stasiak and Mark Jindrak! Back inside the arena, DDP is running up the ramp towards the back. The feed to the back cuts off though and Tony and Scott send us off to commercial.

-----------------

Jeff Jarrett and The Harris Boys vs. Sid Vicious and KroniK

Back from the break, the champ and his goons are out first. Sid Vicious’ music hits next, and the big man steps out on stage and makes it about halfway down the ramp. Jarrett grabs a microphone as Vicious is making his entrance, and obnoxiously begins mocking Sid, saying that he couldn’t find anyone to back him up and declaring that they’re going to make easy work of him tonight! Just then the lights in the arena turn green and the music of KroniK hits! Adams and Clarke come out and Jarrett’s expression completely changes to one of aggravation. KroniK comes side by side with Sid and you can hear Adams tell Sid that “this one’s free of charge”.

The faces storm the ring. Jarrett immediately dives out of the squared circle and it’s 3 on 2, with Sid and KroniK taking it to The Harris Boys! Big Ron and Heavy D don’t last long against the three badasses and the faces stand tall in the ring to a huge pop. Jarrett and The Harris Boys regroup and the referee manages to corral everyone to get the match officially underway, with Bryan Clark starting things off against Heavy D. This match is of course 90% brawling, given who’s involved. The Harris Boys hold their own with KroniK but when Sid comes in, he proves to be on another level. Jeff Jarrett continually refuses to enter the match, even going so far as to act distracted by something at ringside when one of The Harris Boys reaches out to him for a tag. As things continue to get worse and worse, Jarrett drops off the apron, grabs his belt, and starts heading up the ramp! KroniK runs him down though and carries him back to the ring, throwing him in and feeding him to Vicious. The fans are excited to see Vicious get his hands on Jarrett, but before that can happen, Heavy D clubs Vicious from behind. The Harris Boys use this opening and trap Vicious in the corner, wearing him down. Finally once he sees that Vicious is in bad shape, Jarrett asks to be tagged in.

Jarrett comes in and immediately goes after Vicious with punches to the midsection and stomps to the knee. Jarrett ultimately focuses most of his offense on the knee of Sid Vicious and with the help of continuous distractions by The Harris Boys, Jarrett uses every dirty trick in the book to keep an advantage on Vicious. Jarrett takes Vicious into the corner and climbs to the second rope, pummeling down on him with punches to the skull. Jarrett gets nine good licks in and then taunts the crowd, gearing up to land the tenth one. But this arrogance proves to be his undoing as Sid reaches under Jarrett and pulls him up onto his shoulders, walks out of the corner, to the middle of the ring, and drives Jarrett into the canvas with a powerbomb! Sid makes the cover on the champ, but The Harris Boys come in on time to break it up. KroniK enters the ring to clash with The Harris Boys and all four men end up spilling out to the floor. As the referee is trying to diffuse the situation outside, Sid begins to pull Jarrett up, and Jarrett lands a big low blow! Jarrett grabs Sid and pancakes his face into the mat with The Stroke! The referee turns around to see the pin attempt, but Sid Vicious kicks out of The Stroke at 2 and ¾! Jarrett looks at the referee and becomes beside himself with rage. He pulls Sid back up and gets him set up for another Stroke, but Sid breaks out and grabs Jarrett by the throat! Before Sid can hit Jarrett, Heavy D slides in. So Sid tosses Jarrett to the side and focuses on Heavy D. Meanwhile, Jarrett on the floor grabs his championship belt. Sid sends Heavy D out of the ring and turns back around to take care of Jarrett, but Jarrett blasts him in the face with the solid gold title belt, right in plain sight of the referee! The referee calls for the bell and orders a DQ win for Sid and KroniK!

Result: Sid Vicious and KroniK win via disqualification
Rating: C+

-----------------

Justice is served

Jarrett takes it to Sid after the bell rings, zoning in on Sid’s knee. KroniK recovers and storms into the ring, but Jarrett quickly scatters to the outside to avoid taking any punishment. The Harris Boys grab Jarrett to get him out of dodge, as KroniK checks on Sid. Jarrett is celebrating like he just won the Super Bowl while the fans rip into him. Just then, over the PA system, the music of CEO Ric Flair booms throughout Pershing Auditorium! Jarrett hears this and immediately lets out a “damn it!”. Flair comes pacing out onto the stage with a microphone in hand.

“No, no, no, no, no! Don’t you celebrate too fast now Jarrett! Now I know you think you’re always two steps ahead! BUT! I think I’ve seen enough these last two weeks! And right now I can see the fear in your eyes! I hope you got your shots in, I hope you did the damage you wanted to do, because I am announcing right here and now that at SuperBrawl two Sundays from now, live in New Orleans, you will be defending your World Heavyweight Championship ONE! ON! ONE! with that man right there… SID VICIOUS! WHOOOOO!”

Flair laughs and heads to the back. Jarrett starts pulling on the guard rail and kicking air in protest. Back in the ring, Sid is up to one knee, and staring down Jarrett. Sid looks down, and lying there next to him is the WCW World Heavyweight Championship belt. Sid slowly reaches down and picks it up, stares at it, and then stares at Jarrett with a sadistic smile. Jarrett points and yells at Sid, saying that’s his title and telling him to get his hands off of it! The show goes off air with Tony and Scott saying SuperBrawl is going to be an event of epic proportions, and also adding that next week right here on Nitro, Animal and Goldberg will be signing the contract for their match right in the middle of the ring!

-----------------

Show Rating: C+

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Your ratings are a good bit better than real life Nitro at least

Kiffy Lube

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I wanna see Meng/Awesome right now.

Dustin Rhodes v.s Ric Flair could be a lot of fun too. Jarrett's gonna make mince meat out of Sid for a solid championship victory. Not bad at all gettin' closer to SuperBrawl.

Reactions: Chris and Hoss

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I wanna see Meng/Awesome right now.

Same :banderas:

I'm loving all of this stuff in the Main Event scene, surely since I'm a fan of Double J.

SuperBrawl is going to be an awesome show.

Reactions: Chris and Hoss