WCW: The Best Is Yet To Come~!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Very great shit. Very great shit my guy!

Tho Ernest Miller should've won.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I'm just ready for my boy to take this bitch to new levels!

Reactions: Chris

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
kQcQhsV.jpg

WCW NEWS & NOTES

How quickly things can change. This week has been an absolute whirlwind in the world of wrestling, and of course the headline news is that WCW is under new ownership and will be led in the immediate future by Eric Bischoff and The Jarretts. Bischoff and his group completed the purchase of the former industry leader last week just days before the WCW Sin pay-per-view and their impact is certainly being felt in a major way already.

We have it on good authority from company insiders that many of the finishes for Sin were changed from their original plans.

Certainly the most interesting result of the night is Jeff Jarrett going over in the main event to become a five time WCW World Champion. Jarrett is a veteran and by most accounts has a good backstage reputation in WCW, but in light of him recently being appointed head booker, a lot of fans are raising an eyebrow to the move, while one insider we spoke to described the move as “business as usual for WCW”, pointing out WCW’s history for giving their workers too much backstage power.

However the word coming out today is that the call on the main event was ultimately made by Eric Bischoff and in fact, Dustin Rhodes wasn’t the original plan to be the fourth man. WCW had reportedly been planning to form a new heel stable in the main event, with Road Warrior Animal interestingly enough being the fourth participant. Apparently there would be a swerve take place where Animal would align with Steiner and Jarrett, helping Steiner retain the title and form this new group of top heels. All that changed at the eleventh hour due to both Steiner and Animal behaving unprofessionally in the locker room in the weeks leading into the event. Apparently Eric Bischoff is trying to set a precedent for the “new” WCW that you will be held accountable for your actions. This seems like a big departure from the Bischoff of old and whether or not putting the top belt on your head booker is the best course of action is debatable at best, but that’s where we are.

The situation in the locker room is said to be stable, but there’s a divide among the workers. Some are feeling reinvigorated and ready to take on the challenge of rebuilding the company, while other workers see this purchase as delaying the inevitable. Turning around the morale of the locker room will probably be the second biggest challenge for this new regime, with the biggest and most immediate concern being the financial state of the company of course.

On a different topic, many fans watching Sin pointed out some different branding being presented. The show’s logo looked visibly different to what was being used to market the show for weeks prior, and it also appeared that WCW was using a secondary logo on graphics and around the arena. This is far from unprecedented for WCW, who have been very inconsistent with their branding and logos for months now. However, it looks like the company could be looking to turn the page with a new logo. If you visit WCW’s website, the home screen displays the same logo used at Sin, along with the phrase “The Best Is Yet To Come” beneath it. And at the moment, that seems to be all WCW’s website is, as you are unable to advance beyond this screen. According to sources, the website is undergoing a complete overhaul.

Also undergoing an overhaul is WCW’s programming. As we know, WCW will be off TNT and TBS effective in March. But effective immediately, it appears Thunder’s time has been cut from 2 hours to 1 hour. No confirmation yet on whether that was a call made by the network or WCW itself but it should come as no surprise given Thunder’s poor performance on TBS. In addition to TV changes, we understand WCW is doing some reshuffling of their PPV events. The company is set to announce their next couple months of PPVs on Nitro tonight, and we understand that at least one of the shows is going to have a brand new name.

Stability seems to be a long way off for this company. New ownership is clearly not going to be able to get this company back on the right track overnight and if you buy into what most insiders say, it would be a miracle if WCW is still around this time next year. But we’ll be along for the ride and continue to keep you up to date as much as possible with the happenings in WCW and all around the wrestling world right here at Total Extreme Wrestling!

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
That's certainly an interesting tactic having it be public knowledge the Jarretts bought and book WCW and gave Jeff the strap.

I take it Magnificent Seven isn't happening now? :pour

Reactions: Chris

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
That's certainly an interesting tactic having it be public knowledge the Jarretts bought and book WCW and gave Jeff the strap.

It's not something that will be acknowledged on screen but it is information that insiders would have.

I take it Magnificent Seven isn't happening now? :pour

Nah. I really have no love for the group and at this point I think WCW needs a break from having a big dominant heel faction. Besides that I am trying to distance this project from how things played out in real life. Even things that I feel were good ideas in their final months I might steer clear of just to give my version of events a unique feel.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I can't wait for The Cat's year long reign as US Champ.

Reactions: Vegeta and Chris

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
rt1fkkS.jpg

WCW NITRO

Date:
Monday, Week 3, January 2001
Attendance: 4,782

TV Rating: 3.91

-----------------

Jarrett does “the right thing”

The Nitro opening runs, edited slightly to feature the new logo and color scheme, and we pan inside the Charles E Smith Center in the nation’s capital! Pyro goes off all around the big screen on the stage. The cameras get close ups on fans throughout the arena wearing WCW merchandise and showing off their signs. Tony Schiavone and Scott Hudson are on the call as usual and say that things in WCW have never been more exciting and unpredictable! They talk about the return of Dustin Rhodes last night and the raucousness in the main event that resulted in Jeff Jarrett once again winning the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. Tony says Dustin Rhodes is here tonight and we will be hearing from him later on tonight, but right now, Jeff Jarrett is set to address the crowd!

Jarrett’s music hits and the new king of the mountain comes out wearing a Tennessee Titans shirt with the sleeves cut off, carrying his guitar as always, and wearing the WCW World Championship around his waist. Jarrett brings a microphone to the ring and antagonizes the fans for a bit before getting down to business.

“Alright, alright, let’s cut the music. All you fans out there, cut the crap, I got something to say! Now last night was a very important night for everyone in World Championship Wrestling! We’re under new ownership now. Eric Bischoff is officially steering the ship. Many have said WCW is entering a new era now, so that means everyone in the back is on edge. But last night was a particularly big night for yours truly! I was faced with the toughest decision you can be faced with in this industry. I had to choose between friendship… and championship gold! Now, I know you Washingtonian slap nuts will never understand that feeling, okay, but try to empathize a little!”

The boos pour down, and Jarrett gets back to his point.

“But look, I went into the main event of Sin with every intention of doing what I felt was the right thing! I was going to stand by Scott Steiner and ensure that he kept this World Heavyweight Championship. I was! But things changed when the fourth man was revealed to be Dustin Rhodes. You see, Rhodes took out Steiner. And then for reasons that are beyond me, he took my guitar from ringside and creamed big Sid Vicious with it. At that moment, I had to make a decision, and I decided to do the right thing! I hit Sid with The Stroke… I made the cover… and I won this championship! Now I’ve heard a whole lot of talking these past 24 hours and just as I figured, everyone wants to make me out to be the bad guy. They say I turned my back on Scott. They say I went into business for myself. They want to know what’s the deal with Dustin Rhodes helping me out. Hell, I’d like to know myself, but that ain’t the point. The fact of the matter is all you pissants, just like you always do, decided to jump to conclusions without getting your facts straight! Well, I’m here right now to set the record straight once and for all!”

Just then the sirens of Scott Steiner’s entrance theme blare over the speakers and out comes the former champ, looking all business. He enters the ring and doesn’t say a word, just eyeing down Jeff Jarrett.

“Scott, I’m glad you’re here because I was going to ask you to come out for this. Now like I was saying, I intended to do the right thing last night. And though everyone wants to get up on their high horses and act like I betrayed you last night, that ain’t what happened! You see, I did do the right thing last night when I pinned Sid Vicious to take this championship. And now I’m going to show you what I’m talking about. You see Scott, I’m not some snake who’s going to pull a fast one on you when your back is turned. If I’m gonna try something with you, I’ll do it straight to your face like a man. That’s one thing I can promise you. But like I said, things aren't what they seem and now I’m going to do what’s right!”

Jarrett unlatches the title from around his waist and looks at it long and hard. He then extends the belt out, offering it up to Steiner. Steiner looks at the belt, then up at Jarrett. Off the microphone you can hear Jarrett tell Steiner to take it. Scott Hudson questions if Jarrett really won the belt just to hand it back over to Steiner. After a long and tense stand off, Steiner reaches for the title, but Jarrett pulls it back. Steiner stares at The Chosen One for a second until suddenly Jarrett hits him with a swift kick right to the genetic marbles! Steiner doubles over in pain. Jarrett backs up with a sinister smile, then charges forward, absolutely drilling Steiner in the skull with the title belt! Steiner falls in a heap as Jarrett looks around, nodding, proud of what he’s done. Jarrett then stands over Steiner shouting that he doesn’t play second fiddle to anyone! Referees come out to back Jarrett away as Steiner begins to pour blood from his forehead. We then cut to our first commercial break as the referees tend to Steiner and Jarrett laughs his way up the ramp.

Rating: B

-----------------

The Jung Dragons w/ Leia Meow vs. 3 Count

Kicking off the night with cruiserweight tag team action! Chavo Guerrero decides to join the commentary desk for this match up to get a good look at some of his potential challengers. Both teams bring their best for this match, and there are dives a plenty. Things are back and forth for several minutes and both teams become spent. Out from the back comes Jamie Knoble and Evan Karagias, here to bust up the party. Karagias measures up Helms and goes for a roundhouse kick but Helms ducks and drops him with a clothesline. Meanwhile, Knoble grabs Kaz Hayashi and attempts an Irish Whip, but Kaz counters and sends Knoble into Yang who takes him down with a side kick. Knoble and Karagias roll to the floor, but they get no reprieve, as Shannon Moore and Yang hit synchronized suicide dives to wipe them out! All of the sudden, Chavo leaves the announce desk and enters the ring. But he too fails to interfere as Helms and Hayashi hit a double superkick on the champ! Helms is talking down to Chavo when Kaz whips him around. Helms is quick to react though, landing a kick to Kaz’s gut and delivering his signature move, The Vertebreaker! No one gets up from the Vertebreaker and Kaz is no exception, as the referee counts the 1-2-3 for Helms!

Result: 3 Count win via pinfall
Rating: C-

-----------------

Main Event Announcement

After returning from the second commercial break of the night, we get a graphic on the screen displaying the main event for the evening, just signed by Ric Flair! It’ll be Jeff Jarrett and Dustin Rhodes taking on the unfriendly duo of Scott Steiner and Sid Vicious! Tony and Scott react in shock, saying there’s no way that Steiner and Vicious will be able to work together in this match. Tony then adds the point that for all we know, Jarrett and Rhodes won’t be able to work together either!

Rating: B-

-----------------

Rey Mysterio vs. Elix Skipper

The next bout is somewhat of a return match from Sin, as The Filthy Animals’ Rey Mysterio takes on Team Canada’s Elix Skipper. The two high fliers of their respective groups are going it alone here in this one, as Flair has ordered no one to be at ringside during the match.

We get a match that’s all about counters and one upmanship. Skipper puts on a very impressive performance, hanging with one of the premiere cruiserweights in the world for the better part of 10 minutes. The highlight of the whole match comes when Mysterio hits Skipper with the tiger feint kick. Mysterio heads up to the top rope, looking for a big diving move, but Skipper makes a quick recovery, does a vertical leap to the top rope and quickly snaps off a hurricanrana off the top. Skipper is unable to seal the deal though. He pulls Mysterio up for a powerbomb, but Mysterio rotates over and rolls Skipper up with a sunset flip for the sudden pinfall victory!

Result: Rey Mysterio wins via pinfall
Rating: C

-----------------

Goldberg gets more than he bargained for...

Back from yet another commercial, the distinct and iconic theme music from Goldberg echoes through the arena, bringing the fans to their feet! The cyborg-like behemoth comes marching defiantly towards the ring. He makes his signature entrance and takes the ring, grabbing a microphone. Fans in the first few rows are seen bowing to the man. His music dies and Goldberg doesn’t beat around the bush with what he’s out here for. He says last night, Totally Buff seriously injured DeWayne Bruce in their tag team match, and he’ll likely never wrestle again. He was able to get the win against the two of them, but he’s not satisfied with that, and he wants a piece of the two of them right here, right now!

Goldberg drops the mic and begins to pace back and forth in the ring, looking towards the stage. But then there’s a rumbling in the crowd, and suddenly a bulky figure wearing a leather jacket with a black hood over his head slides into the ring wielding a ball peen hammer! Goldberg turns around and immediately takes the hammer right to the skull! Goldberg drops and is out like a light! The man drops the hammer. He pulls back the hood to reveal his identity… It's Road Warrior Animal! The commentators lose their shit and the fans let out an audible gasp (though their response isn’t as dramatic as the commentators are putting it over). Animal is rocking his trademark mohawk but no facepaint for the former Legion of Doom member. Animal grabs the limp body of Goldberg, throws him over his shoulder and drives him down into the mat with an Air Raid Crash! Scott Hudson says Goldberg’s world has just been turned upside down by Animal! Animal climbs up to the middle rope and raises his arms in the air as the broadcast cuts to several shots of angry fans in the arena. Animal goes to exit the ring, but turns back and spits on Goldberg’s beaten body just to add insult to injury! We fade to commercial with the surreal shot of Goldberg lifeless in the middle of the ring.

Rating: B+

-----------------

KroniK vs. Shawn Stasiak and Mark Jindrak

Following their brawl at Sin, these two heavyweight tag teams clash officially here on Nitro!

KroniK have a commanding lead throughout a majority of the match. The two guns for hire relish in pummeling the cocky up and comers. But, their lack of focus is ultimately their undoing. Despite seeming to have the match in the bag, KroniK continues to deal out punishment, until Jindrak is able to break out of a rear chinlock, kneeing Adams in the head and sending him crashing into Clark on the apron. Jindrak then nails Adams with a picture perfect dropkick, before making the tag to Shawn Stasiak. Stasiak, however, stays on the apron. Adams never sees the tag so he goes back after Jindrak, allowing Stasiak to lurch in and surprise Adams, hitting him with the bridging fisherman’s suplex! Adams tries to squirm free but Stasiak is just able to keep his shoulders down for the 3 count to steal the match!

Result: Shawn Stasiak and Mark Jindrak win via pinfall

-----------------

Enough Funkin' Around

KroniK lament their loss in the ring as The Thrillers high tail it to the back, having secured the W. Tony and Scott talk about the match that has just been transpired, but Tony then gets word that something’s going down in the back and we’re going to send the cameras to the back to check it out!

We cut to the parking lot, where the camera is focused on a collision. It looks like one car has backed into another. We see Disco standing there with his hands on his head, and it’s apparent that he was driving the car that backed into the other. Disco is a bit nervous, pacing around. The door to the other car opens and out steps the hardcore legend, Terry Funk! Funk doesn’t look amused, and Disco becomes frozen in place. Disco tries to explain himself to Funk, but Funk tells him to can it! Funk tells Disco in very few words that he’s going to meet him in the ring tonight. Funk walks off shaking his head as Disco is left looking distraught.

-----------------

Dustin shoots from the hip

Now it’s the time that many fans have been waiting for. Gene Okerlund has Dustin Rhodes in the interview area. Rhodes is decked out in blue jeans and a denim jacket. He sports a cross necklace. He’s also wearing a backwards trucker hat. Okerlund gets things going, recapping Dustin’s actions at Sin. Okerlund asks Rhodes to take him through what brought him back to WCW and what dictated his actions at Sin. Rhodes smirks a bit and stares down the camera.

“Well it’s all pretty simple really, Gene. I got the call from Ric Flair several weeks ago, telling me he needed my assistance. Imagine that. Ric Flair calling Dustin Rhodes of all people for help. He told me he needed someone to enter the main event of Sin and ensure that Scott Steiner did not leave with the gold. Alright, easy enough. Flair told me ‘Dustin, brother, I’m going to take care of you! You do me this favor and I’ll get you whatever you want!’... Sure. So I accept Flair’s mission. I do whatever he tells me to do. I show up on Thunder to brawl with Steiner. I go to Sin, I enter the match, and I remove Steiner from the equation. I’m a man of my word, after all. I got the job done, just as I promised to.”

Gene says that all adds up, but what he can’t figure is why Dustin didn’t blast Jarrett with the guitar when he had the chance, and win the WCW World Title for himself. Dustin chuckles lightly.

“I get it. Why not win the title? And for that matter, why let Jeff Jarrett who I’ve fought tooth and nail with for years, win the title? Well that’s simple too, Gene. You see, I’ve been cooped up in the house for months, serving a suspension after I spoke my mind on just how I felt about WCW management. And I’m going to be honest, I didn’t know if I was going to come back. You know my story, Gene, and so do all the fans. But allow me to fill in those who have been living under a rock for the past decade. If you couldn’t tell, I’m the son of “The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes. An all time great of this sport. I broke in at a young age and I’ve been pegged for greatness due to my pedigree. And a lot of folks think that because of that, I must have it easy. But that couldn’t be further from the truth. See, not only do I have to deal with enormous expectations that come with being the son of a legend, but I also have to deal with the resentment that comes with being the son of a legend. And I have to deal with the baggage of my father who was a legend. And I have to suffer because of enemies he made in this business. To put it in simple terms, I’ve never been given a fair shake because I’m “Dusty’s son”. So like I said, I’m at home, contemplating if this career path is right for me. And that’s when Flair calls and lays out his master plan. And at that moment, it all clicked for me. It occured to me what I’d been doing wrong all these years. And I needn’t look any further than Flair himself to make it oh so clear what I had been doing wrong. I wasn’t playing… the game. You know what I’m saying Gene?”

Gene nods, kind of tenuously.

“You see in pro wrestling, busting your ass is only going to get you so far! This business doesn’t care about the dues you pay and the sweat you pour into it! At the end of the day, it’s all about who you know and what you can do for them! That’s what separates winners from losers in our industry, plain and simple! Now I thought for the last 10 years that if I busted my hump and left it all in the ring, racked up enough wins and did what was asked of me, I could reach the mountaintop. Ho boy, was I sadly mistaken! I watched as wrestler after wrestler passed me by and I was so goddamn oblivious to what was going on. I’m embarrassed of myself looking back on it. But now I’ve got it figured out and things are going to be different this time around. So to circle back to your question, I didn’t try to win the WCW World Heavyweight Championship at Sin because that’s not my priority at the moment. I let Jarrett win the title because as much bad blood as he and I once had, I realize now that he and I faced the same struggles coming up in this business and I have to tip my hat to him for figuring out how to navigate this game long before I did. And on top of that, I just knew it would piss Flair off! That’s right. Flair, I know good and well why you called me! Because you think you can control me. You wanted to take advantage of me and have me do your bidding, knowing that I’m a “company guy” and I’d be happy to break my back for WCW! Come on Flair, I know I was naive but how stupid would I have to be to believe you had my best interest at heart? But I was a man of my word. I told you I’d get the belt off Steiner and that’s just what I did. I know this is asking a lot of you Nature Boy, but now I want you to be a man of your word! You owe me one. So here’s my one wish, Flair: you… me… SuperBrawl… one on one! Simple as that. Quite frankly I don’t think you have the GUTS, Flair. Prove me wrong!”

Dustin takes off, leaving Gene stunned. Tony and Scott remark as this new side of Dustin Rhodes and remind us that he’ll be in action tonight, teaming with Jarrett against Steiner and Sid in the main event!

Rating: C+

-----------------

Mike Awesome vs. Jim Duggan

Mike Awesome and Jim Duggan make their entrances for this match. We shoot it over to a video filmed earlier in the night, showing Jim Duggan going to Ric Flair and requesting this match after Awesome hit the Awesome Bomb on him at Sin. Flair agrees to make the match, but tells Duggan to watch himself out there.

The match gets started, and Jim Duggan is on fire, fueled by patriotism! He drops Awesome with some bionic elbow strikes and then sends him off the ropes, launching him up high with a back body drop! Duggan lets out a huge “HOOOOOO!” but Awesome has recovered quickly, and we get a shot of Awesome staring a hole through the back of an oblivious Duggan’s head. As soon as Duggan turns around, Awesome lights him up with a big uppercut, sending the old timer all the way to the floor. Awesome brutalizes Duggan on the floor as the referee begs for him to bring the match back inside. Awesome breaks the count but immediately rolls back to deal out more damage. Duggan gets some hope spots in though, dropping Awesome with a flying shoulder block on the floor. Both men make it to their feet at the same time, and begin exchanging punches. Duggan does a mini “Hulk Up” and gets the best of the exchange, landing a flurry of punches, capped off with one big heave to knock Awesome down.

Duggan rolls in and out to break the count and makes his way over to Awesome who is working his way up to his feet. Awesome suddenly grabs Duggan around the abdomen and launches him face first into the steel post! Things swing completely back in favor of Awesome who takes Duggan into the ring and continues to deal out some punishment, to the point where it becomes difficult to watch for fans of the American hero! Awesome taunts the crowd along the way. He pulls Duggan into a rear chin lock and just pelts him with measured strikes right to the forehead. Awesome pulls Duggan up and continues to instigate the crowd. He pulls Duggan up overhead, backs into the corner and runs out with a vicious Awesome Bomb! Scott Hudson says Duggan is toast! But… Awesome isn’t finished. He makes the cover but then pulls Duggan’s shoulder up off the mat! He slowly picks Duggan up and delivers a second Awesome Bomb! At this point, Tony is begging for Awesome to stop on commentary. Awesome finally makes the cover, just placing one hand on Duggan’s chest to get the pinfall victory!

Awesome leaves Duggan lying in the ring, barely stirring. Tony and Scott put Awesome over strong as a destructive force that seems more dangerous than ever!

Result: Mike Awesome wins via pinfall

-----------------

Where’s The General?

In the back we find Mike Tenay, who has been serving in somewhat of an investigative reporter role as of late. He’s near the entrance of the building, standing by. He says he’s waiting to get a word with General Rection who lost the United States Championship to Shane Douglas last night at Sin, and he understands Rection’s car is pulling up to the arena in just a moment.

Sure enough, in just a few seconds, a black car pulls up a few feet away from Tenay. The door opens, and Rection’s MIA stablemate Corporal Cajun steps out and closes the door. No Rection in sight, so Tenay gets a word with Corporal Cajun. He asks Cajun where Rection is and how he is doing. Cajun shrugs and tells Mike he hasn’t seen or heard from Rection since his match last night. He says Rection never checked in to their hotel and he hasn’t returned his calls yet so Mike’s guess is as good as his. Cajun says if he knows Rection, he’ll show up tonight, because he’s a competitor and he doesn’t want to let any fans down. But as of right now, he has no clue what’s going on with him. Tenay thanks Cajun for his time and Cajun proceeds to head to his locker room…

-----------------

Sanders has some words for KroniK and The Insiders!

Elsewhere in the back we find Gene Okerlund once more, and there’s a raucous somewhere in the distance. Suddenly, the entire Natural Born Thrillers group walks into frame celebrating, high fiving and singing their own praises. Okerlund looks at them with contempt and as usual, Sanders steps to the front to act as the mouthpiece of the group. Okerlund says that was quite the win for Stasiak and Jindrak against KroniK earlier, but asks Sanders why they’re celebrating like they just won the Super Bowl! Sanders tells Gene that every day is a celebration for The Thrillers but there’s something extra sweet about getting the win against two jacked up muscle head geeks like KroniK! Sanders says not only did they take his money last night, but they also stole money from The Cat because they failed to get the job done that they were paid for! But, Sanders says that’s perfectly fine because he remains two steps ahead at all times. He then pivots to the other match The Thrillers had last night, where O’Haire and Palumbo took on Nash and DDP for the Tag Team Titles. He says you can’t win them all, but in the end The Thrillers always get the last laugh! He says The Insiders better be celebrating just like The Thrillers are because their time is coming, sooner than they think! Sanders laughs and the whole squad heads out. Gene Okerlund yells after them that maybe next time they face The Insiders they won’t get their butts kicked! Gene shoots it back over to Tony and Scott to end the segment.

-----------------

WCW Hardcore Championship
Terry Funk (c) vs. Disco Inferno

Disco wants no part of this match and sells his nervousness through his entire entrance. The bell sounds and Funk invites Disco to come at him, but Disco is very cautious to do so. Eventually, Funk has enough of the stalling and just takes the fight right to Disco. Most of the match features Disco retreating and avoiding Funk’s attacks. Funk backs Disco up against the ring post out on the floor, and swings a steel chair at him, but Disco ducks and Funk only makes contact with the post. The vibration through the chair hurts Funk’s hands and buys Disco an opening. He hits Funk with a big chop to the chest, but Funk just eats it and grins at Disco who apologizes! More chasing ensues and Disco ends up trying to crawl under the ring for cover. Funk grabs him and pulls him out, but Disco has a fire extinguisher and blasts Funk in the face with it. Once again, Disco has an opening and tries to take advantage of it. For a moment he is able to pummel Funk down. But, that doesn’t last all that long. Funk’s near immunity to pain allows him to weather the brief storm and retake control. They end up back in the ring, going back and forth a little bit. Disco goes for The Chartbuster, but Terry whirls him around, kicks him in the midsection and plants him with a piledriver for the win. A fun and chaotic match, but not something the fans were particularly into.

Result: Terry Funk wins via pinfall
Rating: D+

-----------------

It ain’t over til it’s over!

Gene Okerlund is joined backstage by “The Ruler of the World” Sid Vicious. He’s in his ring gear, wearing his signature vest, and he looks ready to fight. Mean Gene thanks Sid for his time, and asks the big man after months of chasing the WCW World Title and coming up short, what he has planned for tonight and the immediate future. Sid takes a long deep breath and wipes down his face. Sid snaps into a tangent, saying that guys like Steiner and Jarrett think they have things figured out, but Sid is the master of his own destiny! Sid says no matter the odds he’s put against and all the setbacks he experiences, he will be the one who gets the last laugh! He singles out Steiner and says that as far as he's concerned, they can settle their problems at another time, because tonight his focus is on Jarrett and Rhodes, and avenging his loss at Sin!

-----------------

Three's Company

Elsewhere backstage we are following behind the narcissistic tag team known as Totally Buffed as they are walking through the corridors of the arena. They are talking to each other a bit, but their words aren’t picked up on the mic. They make their way to a door and Lex asks Buff if he’s sure this is the right place. Buff says he thinks so. They knock on the door and wait for a moment. The door opens and standing there is the man who made his presence felt earlier in the night with a brutal assault on Goldberg - Road Warrior Animal! Animal stands there stone faced while Buff and Lex enthusiastically give him props on what he did to Goldberg earlier. Buff even says he’s a huge fan of the Road Warriors, and Lex adds that Totally Buffed wants to be just like them! Animal says that all that Road Warrior stuff is history now and it’s just him here in WCW to cement his own legacy. Lex and Buff nod and tell Animal that they really respect that. They tell Animal that they can appreciate that mindset, but they are here to make a proposal! A working agreement between Animal and themselves. Buff says Animal can do his own thing, but seeing as they have a common target in Goldberg, they can have a bit of a loose alliance and work together to decisively rid WCW of Goldberg! Lex says Animal can even take all the credit! Buff and Lex stand there for a while with their arms spread waiting for an answer. Eventually, Animal nods and sticks out a hand. He shakes hands with Lex and Buff and says that sounds like a good plan to him. Lex and Buff laugh maniacally and high five as we fade back to ringside.

-----------------

Shane Douglas vs. Norman Smiley

Our penultimate match of the evening features the newly crowned United States Champion Shane Douglas taking on Norman Smiley! Shane Douglas takes the mic before the match begins and addresses General Rection, who he defeated last night. Douglas claims that Rection is somewhere back in Michigan crying into his pillow after Douglas bested him at Sin! He tells Rection that there’s no one to blame for that loss but himself, and maybe Rection should be thanking Douglas because now he can take a good long look at himself and realize that he’s nothing but a joke!

Douglas ditches the mic and the bell rings. Smiley is able to surprise Douglas, starting the match with a big flying forearm! Smiley frantically puts the boots to Douglas, trying to overwhelm the champ early and maybe pick up a big win. Scott points out that a win here for Smiley would certainly move Screamin’ Norman way up the rankings. However, Smiley’s window of opportunity soon slams shut. Smiley draws Douglas up to his feet and sets him up for a suplex, but Douglas lands a kick to Smiley’s knee immediately dropping him down to a kneeling position. Douglas plants Smiley with a DDT and takes back full control. From this point, Douglas lays into Smiley, focusing his attack squarely on the knee of Smiley. The damage done to the knee prevents Smiley from ever making a big comeback. Ultimately, Shane is able to cinch in the figure four leglock on Smiley, forcing him to tap out!

Result: Shane Douglas wins via submission

-----------------

No laughing matter…

Douglas has secured the victory and is proudly soaking in the boos of the audience. But suddenly his music cuts out. Douglas looks to the stage area, and slowly walking out from the back comes General Rection to no music. He isn’t in his normal gear, he is simply wearing black sweatpants, a Nike shirt and a bandana as a headband. Douglas laughs at the sight of Rection, who is clearly in no joking mood. Rection makes his way about halfway down the ramp, and then gets a microphone to address Douglas. He tells Douglas that he was half right about him. After suffering that loss to him last night, he had to re-evaluate things in his life and his career, and he reached the conclusion that it’s time to cut the crap! He says he worked years upon years to become the United States Champion, and that was his crowning glory. But then in a matter of no time whatsoever, he lost it all. He says that after a decade in the business, it can no longer be about having fun for him. It’s time to get serious. So from now on, he will no longer be known as General Rection, nor will he be known as Hugh Morrus. From now on he will be addressed as Bill DeMott and he will fight every day to ensure that Bill DeMott is a name that is respected, not laughed at! DeMott, as he wishes to be referred to, thanks Douglas for helping him reach this conclusion. You can read The Franchise’s lips as he condescendingly tells DeMott he’s welcome. But then DeMott tells Douglas that he wants his title back and that he owes him a little payback for that low blow from last night!

DeMott drops the microphone and charges the ring. He slides in and begins unloading on Douglas with a combination of jabs, topped off by a discus clothesline! Douglas is quick to roll out of the ring at the first opportunity. He snatches his US Title before heading for higher ground. DeMott climbs up to the second rope, ordering Douglas to come back and fight him. Douglas refuses, yelling at DeMott that he’s going to be sorry he didn’t just quit! DeMott celebrates in the ring to fanfare before we head off to commercial.

-----------------

Actions speak louder than words

The Natural Born Thrillers are backstage, still patting each other on the backs after Stasiak and Jindrak got the win over KroniK earlier tonight. They can also be heard talking about how they’re going to do the same to The Insiders, finally putting those dinosaurs in their place! But things get quiet pretty quickly as Kevin Nash and Diamond Dallas Page walk into the shot. There’s a staredown between the two groups for a while before Nash tells Sanders to keep his trap shut about The Insiders until they actually manage to get a win over them, because so far they’ve tried and failed at every turn! Sanders snaps back and soon all eight men standing there are having a screaming match with each other. A voice is heard yelling off camera and soon Ernest “The Cat” Miller comes into view, throwing his hands up and yelling at everyone to shut up. Miller says he has his issues with The Natural Born Suckas just like Nash and Page, so how about they settle things like men! He challenges The Thrillers to a six man tag match… any three of The Thrillers versus himself, Page and Nash next week on Nitro! There’s a silence as they all look at Commissioner Sanders, waiting for an answer. Finally he cracks and tells Miller he’s on! The Thrillers move out. Page and Nash high five Miller and say next week’s going to be a lot of fun.

-----------------

Sid Vicious and Scott Steiner vs. Jeff Jarrett and Dustin Rhodes

We have reached the main event! Tony Schiavone tells us all what we already know, which is that there is a lot of tension between all four men in the match up and there’s no telling if either of these teams are going to be capable of working together. Off the bat, Rhodes and Jarrett are out first and they seem to at least be civil with one another. Sid comes out next and has to be stopped from jumping his opponents. Steiner is out last and marches straight to the ring, sporting a bandage on his forehead from where he was busted open earlier. He’s clearly in a fighting mood tonight. Also notable is that Steiner wants nothing to do with Sid.

The match begins with Steiner and Rhodes facing off. Steiner gets the jump on Rhodes early, looking to just obliterate his opponent. Rhodes, being more level headed and tactical, is able to hang in there with his cunning. Rhodes does take more complete control, and gets Steiner in an arm wrench. He tags in Jarrett who is happy to come in and take advantage of the weakened Steiner. Jarrett comes in and delivers a big uppercut to Steiner’s ribs. Using that leverage Jarrett just hammers down on Steiner. He even pulls the bandage off of Steiner and clocks him with a couple of closed fists, causing the blood to pour once again. This turns out to be a mistake though, as it only fires Steiner up and allows him to make a blind rage comeback! Steiner hits Jarrett with a couple of suplexes. He heads off the ropes, at which time Sid makes a blind tag.

Steiner takes Jarrett down with a shoulder block and then turns to look at Sid who is entering the ring off the blind tag. Sid ignores Steiner and just goes right after Jarrett. Steiner eventually goes to the apron, angrily. Sid takes Rhodes down with a big boot, just to send a message. Sid mangles Jarrett for the most part, until Jarrett counters an Irish Whip sending Sid towards the rope where Rhodes gets in a cheap shot, hitting him with a knee to the lower back. Jarrett pulls Sid down with the side headlock and begins to chip away at him with some different holds. Jarrett and Rhodes trade in and out rapidly, each getting in a few shots at a time. Rhodes gets in a big hangman’s neckbreaker and attempts a pin, only to get a 2 count. After another minute or so, Sid is able to land a big back body drop to buy himself some time. He lurches over, reaching out for a tag from Steiner. At the last second, Steiner pulls his hands away, shoots a big middle finger at Sid and drops off the apron. Steiner takes off up the ramp, telling Sid to take care of himself! Sid looks furious, but turns back to try and handle business.

Though he puts in an excellent effort, including a hot run where he handles both Jarrett and Rhodes, climaxing with a good old fashioned double noggin knocker, ultimately the numbers prove to be the difference maker. Rhodes and Jarrett use every trick possible to keep Sid down but the big man stays alive, even through The Stroke from Jarrett! Jarrett looks in disbelief at Sid kicking out. Rhodes and Jarrett have to break out a double team maneuver, hitting an atomic drop/lariat combo to drain Sid a bit more. Jarrett hits a second Stroke, and this time around Sid doesn’t manage to kick out, giving The Chosen One and The Natural a dub.

Result: Jeff Jarrett and Dustin Rhodes win via pinfall

-----------------

Heading for lockdown

Rhodes and Jarrett celebrate a bit, and even shake hands after the match. Tony puts over Sid’s effort again but has to hand it to Rhodes and Jarrett who worked as a cohesive unit for the win. We quickly cut away from the ring to the backstage area where Steiner is storming through the hallway. He barges into the office of Ric Flair and tells Flair he’s done playing his little game. Sid dug his own grave out there and got what he asked for. But he isn’t worried about Sid, he wants his title rematch and he wants it next week! Flair tries to calm Big Poppa Pump down a little bit. Flair tells Steiner he’s happy to give him his rematch, just as his contract stipulates. Flair tells Steiner there’s too many outside factors he has to worry about though so what’s going to happen is next on Nitro, it’ll be Steiner vs. Jarrett for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship inside the steel cage! Steiner chuckles and tells Flair that’s perfect for him. Flair then adds that he’s going to have Sid Vicious at ringside with strict orders to make sure no one goes into or comes out of the cage until a winner is decided! Steiner’s smile turns to a frown quickly. He swipes a bunch of papers off of Flair’s desk and storms out. Tony and Scott go nuts at commentary, saying next week’s Nitro will be can’t miss TV with the confirmation of a six man tag match pitting The Natural Born Thrillers against Ernest Miller and The Insiders PLUS a World Championship Cage Match where Scott Steiner will challenge Jeff Jarrett, with Sid at ringside as the special enforcer! Nitro fades off air with Tony promising next week will be one for the books!

-----------------

Show Rating: B-

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Your segment names should get you bonus points.

Reactions: Vegeta and Hoss

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
fBN32ag.jpg

WCW THUNDER

Date: Wednesday, Week 3, January 2001 (taped Monday, Week 3, January 2001)
Attendance: 4,782
TV Rating: 0.19

Ernest “The Cat” Miller opens the show with an in-ring promo, previewing his six man tag match on Monday Nitro. Mike Sanders interrupts and uses his power as Commissioner to book The Cat vs. Reno tonight!
(C-)

Tony, Stevie
and Mike talk about Animal’s shocking debut last Monday where he left Goldberg beaten and battered. A replay is shown of the attack, and the alliance formed later in the night between Animal and Totally Buff. (B+)

Alex Wright defeats Kwee Wee
in a perfectly nondescript match. (D+)

Ernest Miller defeats Reno
in the next match. It’s a style clash in this one, as Reno relies on brute force and malice, but The Cat is just too cunning. Sanders tries to interfere on behalf of Reno but The Cat ends up taking them both out with The Feliner. (D)

After the match, the rest of The Natural Born Thrillers come out and surround The Cat. Just as things are looking dire, The Insiders storm the ring and start laying out Thrillers. The whole stable disperses as The Cat and The Insiders stand tall. (B-)

Konnan, Rey Mysterio and Billy Kidman defeat Jamie Knoble, Evan Karagias and Chavo Guerrero
. The Filthy Animals prove to be a much more crisp unit, as well as vastly more experienced. The opposing team is just no challenge, and it doesn’t help that Chavo dips halfway through the match to sit at the commentary table and observe the match. (C)

After taking the loss, Karagias and Knoble angrily hunt down Chavo who is relaxing at the commentary table. They grab the Cruiserweight Champ and throw him in the ring. Not only do Karagias and Knoble get some shots in, but The Filthy Animals decide to join in and hit a few signature moves as well, sending a message to the cocky champ. (C)

The newly rechristened Bill DeMott gives a pre-match promo where he vows to regain the United States Championship and put The Franchise in his place! (D+)

In the main event, Bill DeMott defeats Bam Bam Bigelow in a stiff battle of big men. DeMott carries it a lot from a performance perspective, and is able to reel in the crowd for a big babyface comeback segment, topped off with the No Laughing Matter for the win! (C)

Show Rating: C+

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Overall I'm not a huge fan of DeMott, but with how WCW was pushing him at this time and his overall fan reactions, I think all of this was booked well.

Good show overall, Chavo was the star IMO

Reactions: Hoss

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Overall I'm not a huge fan of DeMott, but with how WCW was pushing him at this time and his overall fan reactions, I think all of this was booked well.

Good show overall, Chavo was the star IMO
Yeah I'm not that big on DeMott either but truthfully a lot of my gripes with him are his ridiculous ring names. Especially when he's trying to cut a passionate promo as General Rection... it's just hard to take serious. :lol

I'm not sure exactly what I have planned for him in the long term but he's a reliable performer at this stage so I'm going to try to get what I can out of him.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I agree Chavo was the star. I would die at some shit like that happening for real. :TI:

Push The Cat also....

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Okay, now I actually read the Nitro that I never finished and forgot about. :mark: THAT STEEL CAGE NEXT WEEK!!

WCW already on fire and it just going to get better from here. YOU LOVE TO SEE IT!

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
rt1fkkS.jpg

WCW NITRO

Date:
Monday, Week 4, January 2001
Attendance: 4,651

TV Rating: 3.74

-----------------

3 Count vs. The Filthy Animals

After the opening video package, we flash inside Skyhawk Arena on the campus of the University of Tennessee-Martin! Tony Schiavone and Scott Hudson welcome the fans to the show and put over how big of a show it’s going to be! Scott says they’ve got a big “double main event” tonight. The first will see The Cat team with The Insiders to take on any three of The Natural Born Thrillers in a six man tag match. The second main event is for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship, which will feature Jeff Jarrett taking on Scott Steiner in a steel cage match with Sid Vicious at ringside to make sure neither guy tries to pull a fast one!

We pivot quickly from the opening to our first match of the night! It will be Billy Kidman and Rey Mysterio representing The Filthy Animals against Shane Helms and Shannon Moore, aka 3 Count. It’s face versus face here so the match begins with dueling chants from the crowd. Some like The Animals, some like 3 Count. It seems Rey and Kid are just a bit more over though.

Things start out at a slower pace. As the commentators point out, with these guys having such explosive offensive repertoires, everyone is being extra cautious. The more measured approach also gets the fans eager to see some high spots. It takes a while, but things to eventually break into insanity. In the last several minutes of the match, everyone involved hits some form of diving or springboard move. In the end, Shane Helms gets Kidman up for the vertebreaker, but Mysterio hits him with an enziguri. This lets Kidman flip out of the hold, lift Helms up into an electric chair position, and then pancake him down on the mat with an electric chair facebuster! Kidman rolls Helms over for the pin while Mysterio intersects Moore, giving The Filthy Animals the victory!

Result: The Filthy Animals win via pinfall

-----------------

Hell breaks loose

The Filthy Animals are celebrating their win when they are caught from behind by Lance Storm and Elix Skipper of Team Canada! The evil (technically) foreigners lay into The Animals until 3 Count intervene to turn the tide. But out comes 3 Count’s rivals, The Jung Dragons, to join the fray! Soon we have a big old brawl on our hands. When the smoke finally clears, the two face teams are standing tall in the ring with Team Canada and The Jung Dragons on the outside, throwing a tantrum. 3 Count and The Filthy Animals have themselves a bit of a standoff in the ring for a second, before Mysterio offers a show of solidarity with a handshake. The four men in the ring all high five as the heels retreat and we send it off to commercial.

-----------------

And now a word from Big Poppa Pump

Back from the break, Gene Okerlund is standing by to get a word with the man who will challenge Jeff Jarrett inside the steel cage tonight… Scott Steiner! And as always, the stunning Midajah is there by his side. Okerlund asks The Genetic Freak what’s going through his mind right now as he prepares to take on his friend turned rival tonight in the most barbaric environment that wrestling has to offer.

“First thing’s first Mean Gene! Jeff Jarrett was never my friend! Scott Steiner has no friends in this industry, the only thing Scott Steiner has is the highest peaks in the biz and thousands upon thousands of bootylicious freaks! Jeff Jarrett only thought we were friends and that’s exactly what I wanted! He was just a tool at my disposal. But what I didn't count on is Jeff Jarrett having the balls to turn the tables on me! I can’t blame Jarrett for doing what he did because I would have done the exact same thing. In fact, I want to congratulate Jarrett on growing a backbone! It only took you 33 years Jarrett! But the bad news for you is that tonight you step inside the cage with me and there ain’t gonna be nowhere to hide! Forget the fact that Sid Vicious is standing on the outside, if anyone or anything tries to get in the way of me winning my championship back, they’re going to pay! Tonight, I plan on beating the hell out of Jarrett! I want to torture him and teach him a lesson about messing with me! And that’s exactly what’s going to happen, so I hope your hillbilly ass is ready Jarrett!”

Steiner flexes, gives his bicep a kiss, and heads off with Midajah.

-----------------

Dead as disco…

In the parking lot of the arena, we find Disco Inferno arriving for the show. He steps out of his Lincoln Town Car, with his gym bag over his shoulder, carrying a cup of coffee. Disco heads towards the arena entrance. He checks his watch and then takes a sip of his coffee. He stops in place and looks at the coffee cup with a look of disgust. He spits out the coffee, clearly dissatisfied with the taste of it. He chucks the cup of coffee, thinking nothing of it. But then, he stops and looks back. The camera pans out to see Meng standing there, covered in hot coffee. Disco just sighs, because he knows what’s coming.

Meng explodes on Disco, unloading on him with some punches. The two men proceed to fight (and that is being very generous to Disco, because it’s more like a one sided mangling) throughout the backstage area. Meng tosses Disco into the back of an 18 wheeler, laying him hanging out of the back and brings the door down right on his chest! Meng continues the brutality, taking Disco into a concession stand. Disco turns the table, squirting Meng in the eyes with some mustard and then jamming his head into the popcorn machine. Disco grabs a package of hotdog buns and starts smacking Meng with it. Meng looks at Disco, almost in disbelief of his stupidity. Meng turns the tables again, throwing Disco over the counter and back into the concourse. Meng locks Disco in the Tongan Death Grip, holding on until Disco falls unconscious on the floor. Meng growls ferociously, covered in coffee, mustard and melted butter, and marches off, leaving Disco out cold in the middle of the arena.

-----------------

Natural selection

In the locker room of The Natural Born Thrillers, everyone’s getting warm for the night. Everyone except Mike Sanders that is. After a few moments, Sanders walks into the room wearing a suit. The rest of The Thrillers ask him where he’s been. Sanders tells them he’s been taking care of business, seeing as he’s the commissioner. Stasiak steps forward and asks him for the plan tonight. Sanders says it’s going to be himself, Palumbo and O’Haire competing in the six man tag match tonight. While O’Haire and Palumbo get pumped up, Sasiak and Jindrak stand there a bit thrown off. Stasiak says last week, he and Jindrak beat KroniK and they’re riding high on momentum! Sanders tells them to settle down, it’s nothing personal. Sanders tells them to just look at it as a week off. Stasiak seems a bit wary but finally eases up and says it’s fine. He gets in the spirit and joins in on the hyping up, saying tonight The Thrillers are going to cement themselves as the primetime players of WCW! The whole squad starts amping up together to end the segment.

-----------------

Bill DeMott vs. Crowbar w/ Daffney

Bill DeMott has a new entrance theme, coming out to an instrumental cover of “Better Off Dead” by New Found Glory. Along with that comes an updated look, as DeMott rocks a black singlet with purple and orange detail, and has his hair up in a ponytail. Crowbar is out with Daffney and before the match, he cuts a quick little promo saying that just like DeMott, he’s decided to change his ways. No more losing for Crowbar, he says, the only way is up!

The bell rings and the two lock up. DeMott backs Crowbar into the corner and makes a clean break, but Crowbar slaps DeMott right across the face. This angers the big man, who laughs at the action from Crowbar. DeMott charges into the corner and blasts Crowbar with a forearm. DeMott controls the action for about five minutes, just taking it to Crowbar. Crowbar tries a few times to mount some offense but he simply can’t match DeMott’s intensity. DeMott ultimately finishes the job with a big thrust spinebuster and a No Laughing Matter for the win.

After the match we get a shot of Crowbar rolling out of the ring. Daffney is there to check on him but Crowbar swats her hands away, growling something at her and then walking away on his own. Daffney runs after Crowbar apologetically, Tony and Scott remarking at how it looks like trouble in paradise for those two.

Result: Bill DeMott wins via pinfall

-----------------

Animal uncaged!

Schiavone and Hudson are having some words about the previous match when Tony gets word about something going down in the back.

We cut to the back to find Animal attacking Goldberg in the parking lot. It looks like Goldberg has just arrived at the building as his duffle bag is lying nearby and he’s wearing his jacket still. Animal smashes Goldberg’s head into the hood of the car and then throws him into the door of a different car. Animal lays the boots to the prone Goldberg for a little while. Animal pulls out the same ball peen hammer he used last week and uses it to break the glass out of Goldberg’s car. He reaches in and unlocks the car, opens the door and drags Goldberg over. He sets Goldberg up against the opening and pulls the door back before throwing it forward as fast as he can to crush Goldberg’s whole torso! He isn’t done though, as he pulls Goldberg up to his feet the best he can. Thankfully, security finally intervenes and jumps on Animal’s back. Animal begins fighting off the security guards for a couple of minutes. Goldberg woozily joins in and takes out some security guards as well, trying to get his hands on Animal. Police sirens are heard and soon two squad cars pull up the site. Both Animal and Goldberg end up taken down by a couple of cops each. Both men get cuffed and put into the back of separate vehicles. Around this time, Ric Flair runs out, asking what the hell is going on. Totally Buffed run out to the scene as well, and they like what they see. Flair tries to tell the cops not to take his guys away but it’s no luck. Goldberg and Animal are taken off and Flair is outraged. Totally Buffed high five seeing Goldberg beaten up and being carted off, clearly not all that concerned with that's going to happen to Animal.

Rating: B+

-----------------

Who’s afraid of the Big Booty Daddy?

We cut to the interview area, where it’s Mean Gene and the champion of the world, Jeff Jarrett! Gene wishes Goldberg and Animal luck in the big house. He turns to Jeff Jarrett to start the interview. He says tonight it’s Jarrett vs. Steiner in the steel cage for all the marbles. He asks Jarrett what his thought process is heading into the steel cage with a certified lunatic and having to look over his shoulder with the big man Sid Vicious lurking outside. Jarrett shoots Mean Gene a shocked and disgusted look.

“Did I hear that right? Sounds to me like you’re trying to ask if I’m scared. Is that right geriatric slap nuts? Don’t make me laugh! I was in the back getting ready earlier when you had that interview with Steiner and I think the things he was saying was pretty interesting. He claims he used me for his own gain. He claims he didn’t think I had the balls to turn on him. And he claims that tonight he’s going to torture me inside that steel cage. Well let’s take a look at that, Gene! Steiner was gonna use me for his own gain, but all that happened is he got taken down a peg by The Chosen One! Steiner didn’t think I had the balls to turn on him, well I sure as hell took this title from him and blasted him right across the head with it last week! So Steiner thinks tonight he’s going to torture me in that cage, but once again he is sadly mistaken! Steiner is a madman and a lot of people fear him because of that. Yeah, he’s dangerous alright, but he’s a bigger danger to himself than anything else, because at this moment he doesn’t realize that he’s bit off more than he can chew!”

Jarrett takes off, feeling confident. Gene says it’s a clash of egos tonight in the main event!

-----------------

The Natural Born Thrillers vs. The Insiders and Ernest Miller

There’s quite the contrast in this match with The Natural Born Thrillers being absolutely despised by the fans, while The Cat and The Insiders make their way out to a big time pop from the audience. Before the match, Sanders admonishes the fans and orders they show him some respect. Of course, they just pelt him with more hatred. He poses in the middle of the ring to a chorus of boos. DDP then steps in front of him and throws up the Diamond Cutter sign to a huge pop. Sanders pushes him out of the way and poses again, drawing the ire of the fans once more. Nash steps up and throws up the “Too Sweet” to a great reception. Fed up, The Thrillers charge their opponents and the fight is on.

The faces clear out the ring off the bat with Miller and DDP taking out O’Haire and Sanders respectively. Nash and Palumbo begin the match as the legal competitors and they have a decent back and forth, before Sanders asks to be tagged in. Sanders comes in and squares up to Nash, only for Nash to throw him in the corner and hit him with several elbow strikes. Nash then launches Sanders with a big Biel Throw nearly the entire length of the ring. Sanders scrambles to tag out to O’Haire. O’Haire comes in and there’s a standoff between him and Nash. O’Haire is clearly the member of this team that Nash is taking the most seriously. They lock up and O’Haire actually overpowers Nash, shoving Nash back into the ropes. They lock horns again and this time Nash throws O’Haire back. O’Haire looks angry. They lock up again and this time O’Haire takes control of Nash’s arms and flings him to the mat with a judo throw! The fans react in a bit of a surprised manner. O’Haire immediately shoots down and takes Nash into a headlock. Nash fights up to a vertical base, shoots O’Haire off into the ropes and hits him with a shoulder block on the rebound. O’Haire staggers but he doesn’t go down. Nash hits the rope and comes off, but O’Haire leapfrogs the 7 footer. Commentary puts over the incredible athleticism of O’Haire. Nash hits the opposite ropes and O’Haire drops down, expecting Nash to run over him, but instead Nash stops dead in his tracks and drops a big elbow on O’Haire’s back. Tony says that’s the veteran knowhow by Nash on display right there.

The faces have some control over things, but the excellent athleticism and conditioning from The Thrillers keeps them in the game. For one stretch the young lions dominate DDP, building a great face in peril sequence. Page finds himself locked in a hammerlock by Sanders. The fans rally behind Page, as he calls upon them to fuel his comeback. He gets back up and spins his way out of the hammerlock, then takes Sanders down with a clothesline. He seems to have an opening to tag out, but O’Haire and Palumbo jump in illegally to attack him and stop the tag out. DDP fires up though and uncorks several shots to both Palumbo and O’Haire before making the dive to tag Ernest Miller! The Cat comes in hot off the tag and clears out O’Haire and Palumbo with his educated feet. He then gives Sanders a few jabs and caps it off with a standing roundhouse kick! The Cat is rolling for a while, until Sanders manages to make a tag out to Sean O’Haire. O’Haire takes control of the match, displaying his awesome strength and agility against an outmatched opponent. Miller is able to tag Nash back in and it’s once again Nash against O’Haire.

After a couple of minutes going toe to toe, Nash is able to take control. Just then, an unwelcome visitor comes running down the ramp. It’s Reno, and he jumps up on the apron to distract the referee. DDP makes his way over and confronts Reno. While this commotion is going down, we see Mike Sanders sneak into the ring and slip some brass knuckles on. He measures up Nash but The Cat comes flying in and knocks him out with The Feliner! Plan B for The Natural Born Thrillers then, as Palumbo comes in and knocks Miller out with a superkick! Nash then drills Palumbo with a big boot, taking him out of the picture. O’Haire takes advantage, hitting a low blow on Nash! Finally, at that same time, DDP has had enough of the back and forth and just hits Reno with a Diamond Cutter on the floor. Back in the ring, O’Haire pulls Nash in and drills him with a double underhook DDT before rolling into the cover. The referee slides in and counts 1, 2 - but DDP grabs O’Haire’s leg from the outside and pulls him off Nash to save the match. O’Haire stands up and begins shouting at Page over the ropes, but that opening allows Nash to pull O’Haire down into the school boy, and steal a 3 count for the win!

Result: The Insiders and Ernest Miller win via pinfall

-----------------

What could have been

As The Thrillers try to recuperate in the ring and the face team celebrates, we cut backstage to find Mark Jindrak and Shawn Stasiak watching the match on a TV. They sell disappointment at the loss. Jindrak slaps Stasiak on the arm and asserts that things wouldn’t have gone down like that if they were in there! Stasiak agrees and says that the cream always rises to the top eventually and it won’t be long before they’re running things. They both grin at each other and we transition to the next segment.

-----------------

Blame game

Elsewhere in the arena, Crowbar is walking around, still holding his back from his match earlier. Daffney catches up with him and asks if he’s ok. Crowbar turns around and snaps at Daffney, saying that his career has been bottoming out for the past few months and she is doing absolutely nothing to help him out! Crowbar even goes as far as to accuse Daffney of trying to sabotage his career! He also says if she isn’t able to help him, then he isn’t going to be her meal ticket anymore. He continues to storm away as Daffney chases him and apologizes, asking for him to stop and talk it out with her.

Rating: D+

-----------------

Chavo Guerrero vs. Konnan

Back in the ringside area, Konnan’s theme hits and out comes the respected vet. He has a mic in hand. He pops the crowd with his usual catchphrases and then says on the last episode of Thunder, he was really looking forward to getting his hands on Chavo Guerrero, after the way he’s been acting recently, but Chavo chickened out and sat on the sidelines during their six man tag match. This prompts the Cruiserweight Champion to come out. They have a little verbal confrontation, where Chavo accuses Konnan of jealousy and says he needs to be in a stable because he can’t stand on his own. Konnan says he can still whoop Chavo’s ass and show him who the OG is around here. Eventually Chavo is provoked to the point where he takes off his bell and orders the timekeeper to ring the bell.

This is a non-title contest here between the two. It’s pretty much a story of two halves. In the first half of the contest, Konnan outsmarts and more or less humiliates Chavo. He has a counter for everything Chavo goes for. Scott Hudson sells how smart Konnan is and says he could write the encyclopedia on Lucha Libre. The second half is a surprisingly dominant outing for Chavo. He falls to the outside, and spots his championship belt laying nearby. Konnan has no idea and reaches out to grab him, so Chavo just creams him with the title belt. The referee is “out of position” so he never even sees it. Chavo goes on to take control for several minutes. Konnan gets in a slight comeback sequence, but Chavo is able to hit him with a drop toe hold, sending him head first into the middle turnbuckle. Chavo follows with a brainbuster for the win!

Result: Chavo Guerrero wins via pinfall

-----------------

You don’t always get what you want

We head to commercial break after the Chavo vs. Konnan match, and when we return, the music of CEO Ric Flair takes over the arena. The fans pop in appreciation for the walking, breathing, living legend. Flair comes to the ring looking like he means business. Flair takes the ring and immediately calls for Dustin Rhodes to come down.

Rhodes makes his way out with a new entrance theme, “Pillars of Eternity” by DOWN. He is suited up in black denim jeans, a red leather vest and a backwards trucker hat, also sporting a gold cross necklace. Rhodes enters the rings, and is handed a microphone. Both men stare each other down for a while. Flair finally speaks.

“Dustin, first of all, I just want to say that I don’t blame you for what you did or what you’ve said. You’re exactly right when you say that you’ve been treated unfairly in this business. I get it. And I’ll be the first to admit that me and Dusty, we don’t see eye to eye. We never did. Hell I’d go so far as to say that we hate each other! And yes, it’s true, they do call me the dirtiest player in the game and for good reason! HOWEVER! I implore you to forget about all that! My wrestling days are behind me and my focus is solely on running this company and making sure it is the best damn wrestling in the world! I owe it to you and I owe it to each and every fan of World Championship Wrestling to put the company first. So, with that being said, you have my word that I will treat you only with the utmost respect and fairness. And in that same vein, regretfully, I have to decline your challenge at SuperBrawl. It’s not my place to take up time on that pay-per-view from the deserving talents in WCW. I hope you can respect that.”

Flair offers a handshake to Rhodes, who is leaning in the corner casually. Rhodes steps out and measures up Flair for a bit. He then smiles, and shakes Flair’s hand. But then his smile disappears, and he delivers a hellacious low blow kick on the CEO! Flair crumples to the mat. Dustin stands over him with a disgusted look. Dustin shakes his head at Flair and then leaves the ring, not saying a word. We shoot it back to commercial as Flair is left writhing in pain on the mat.

-----------------

WCW World Heavyweight Championship

Steel Cage Match
Jeff Jarrett (c) vs. Scott Steiner

The main event has arrived. As the imposing steel cage lowers over the ring, Tony and Scott say that things have escalated very quickly between Steiner and Jarrett and expect this to be a brutal match up. Schiavone brings up the fact that Scott Steiner won the championship in a cage match against Booker T back at Mayhem, so he feels that could give Big Poppa Pump an edge. Hudson says the x-factor in this match could end up being Sid who will be at ringside by the orders of Ric Flair!

Everybody makes their entrances. Steiner, Jarrett and Sid in that order. The door of the cage is chained shut and padlocked. Steiner looks like an animal chomping at the bit to get his hands on Jarrett. Jarrett looks a bit more locked in. The bell rings and the two men meet in the middle of the ring, nose to nose and start talking smack. Jarrett throws the first punch, but Steiner blocks it and steamrolls him with a clothesline. Steiner stays right on top of Jarrett, hitting him with some knees to the midsection and one of his patented belly to belly suplexes. Steiner goes to lift him back up, but Jarrett counters into a small package for two. Steiner goes right back on offense though. He lifts Jarrett up for a scoop slam and holds him in the air for a while, flexing his strength. He drives Jarrett down and drops an elbow into him before rolling out and popping off some of his signature push-ups.

Steiner proceeds to be the aggressor, but Jarrett gets his licks in as well, and is sure to attempt a pin every chance he gets. To Jarrett’s credit, he doesn’t back down. But he does take a majority of the punishment, and even gets busted open when Steiner sends him face first into the cage several times. Jarrett appears to be on his last legs when suddenly Big Ron and Heavy D, The Harris Boys, come running out! Sid quickly handles Heavy D, but Big Ron manages to circle around the ring and begin climbing up the cage. Steiner sees him coming and begins climbing the cage as well. He meets Ron at the top and unloads some punches on him, slams his head off the top of the cage, and shoves him off, sending him straight down on the barricade outside!

Steiner drops back down into the ring to try to finish the job, but Jarrett turns the table, hitting him with The Stroke! Jarrett once again goes for the pin, but Steiner just gets his shoulder up! Jarrett goes after the knee of Steiner for a while and then locks him in the figure four! Steiner reaches for the ropes and makes it there, but it means nothing and Jarrett keeps the hold on. After teasing a tap out, Steiner is able to reverse the move, turning Jarrett over and reversing the pressure. Jarrett relinquishes and crawls out of the hold. Both guys are spent. They make it back up their feet at about the same time. Jarrett throws a punch, but Steiner ducks and switches behind Jarrett. Steiner hits a crushing German Suplex. He signals that he’s about to finish things! He grabs Jarrett and hooks in The Steiner Recliner! Jarrett has nowhere to go and it looks like the end for his short reign is imminent. After languishing in the hold for a moment, Jarrett suddenly spits directly in the face of Sid through the cage. The camera gets a good shot of an irate Sid, wiping the spit off his face. Tony and Scott question what that was all about. Soon it makes sense, as Sid goes over to the cage door and starts pulling on the chain, but it’s too thick to break. So instead, Sid grabs the other side of the door and simply rips it off the hinges!

Sid enters the ring. The referee gets in the way to try to stop him but Sid just flings him aside. Steiner lets go of the hold and walks toward Sid, but Sid is taking no prisoners and hits a huge chokeslam on Steiner! Jarrett crawls into the corner and begs Sid off to no avail. Sid pulls Jarrett up for the powerbomb, but The Harris Boys hit the scene and clobber Sid from behind. Jarrett gets free from Sid’s grasp, as he now has to fight off Big Ron and Heavy D. With Sid distracted, Jarrett is able to sneak over and cover Steiner. The referee turns over to see the pin and makes the count… 1-2-3! Jarrett retains!

Result: Jeff Jarrett wins via pinfall

-----------------

Sid sends a message!

Jarrett gets the win over Steiner, but he quickly has a bigger problem on his hands. Sid disposes of his two lackies and turns his attention back to Double J. Jarrett scrambles to make it out of the cage door, but Sid catches him by the leg and pulls him back in. He pulls Jarrett up and takes hold of him by his hair. The fans go wild, wanting to see Sid give Jarrett his comeuppance! Sid slings Jarrett into the cage, and then immediately slings him into the opposite side of the cage as well. Jarrett is wearing a crimson mask at this point and pleads with Sid to spare him. Sid laughs maniacally and pulls Jarrett up to deliver a sick powerbomb! The champion is sprawled out motionless on the mat, with Steiner and The Harris Boys in pretty much the same shape. Sid is left as the lone man standing and exits the cage. He heads over and swipes the World Heavyweight Championship from the time keeper’s table and climbs up on the announce table. Sid raises the belt up high as the fans applaud, sending a very clear message that he still wants the title! And with that, the show ends with Sid standing tall and proud while all four of his adversaries lay strewn around the ring beaten and, in Jarrett’s case, bloody!

-----------------

Show Rating: C+

Bill DeMott's new theme

Dustin Rhodes' new theme

Reactions: Vegeta