Watching NXT from the start (2012 - ???)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NXT World Champion: Bobby Roode
NXT World Tag Team Champions: The Authors Of Pain
NXT Woman's Champion: Asuka
United Kingdom Champion: Pete Dunne

NXT Episode 251
June 7th, 2017
Full Sail University: Orlando, Florida

Heavy Machinery vs. Victor Andrews & Lars Sullivan
Another one of those LARS angle matches, Nigel continues to be the best commentator in WWE right now as he refers to Lars as Lenny from mice and men, Percy tries to make a joke because he doesn't get it. This is fine Lars/Knight have a power off for the majority of the match but when Vic tags in HM take control before hitting the double splash for the win. Lars beats up Vic post-match.

Roderick "The Turtle" Strong comes down to the ring, he says he's gonna be honest for the last year it's been a big roller coaster for him. 1st he's here in NXT, he's now got a fiance and a babyboy. But he opened up and told them his story and they've accepted him with an open heart. When he first came to NXT he said he came for the NXT championship, and he's never been more thankful in his life. But there is one thing he needs and that's the world title. It use to be Roddy vs. the world, but now it's Roddy, Marina, and Troy vs. the world. He's more inspired, driven and passionate to be world champion more so now. Bobby Roode comes out FAKE crying. Roode says Roddy is standing in the middle of that ring, after everything he's gone through, he's finally winning matches, he's got a marginally hot fiancee. His son is somewhat normal. He should be proud, he gets it he wants to be on the marque with the champ. Those diapers are not cheap, he wants to play the Bobby Roode lottery, so he can move out of the pathetic trailer park into the mansion on the hill. It doesn't work like that in HIS nxt, and he needs to earn it. The fact is he's a good hand, but his should stay in his lane :lmao And maybe 1 day they can take a selfie together so he can show his little man "hey, there's the champ.....and your old man" :lmao Roode says to do himself a favor and don't play the Roode Lottery because he's not man enough to win. BEST OF LUCK! KID! Great fucking angle.

In the back, Cros is banging her head. While yelling RUBY! ASUKA! LETS PLAY!

Sarah Logan vs. Peyton Royce (w/Billie Kay)
This is a thing, Peyton is really good while Logan is doing this weird knuckle brawling/farm girl gimmick but she can't throw good working punches and really contributes nothing. Peyton wins with the fisherman suplex.

Recap of Almas getting upset in his match last week.

WWE.com Exclusive, Almas is with some thots when a BAD BITCH comes over and slaps him.

WWE.com Exclusive, Christy asks Hideo since he failed to win the NXT title, is he thinking of going back to Japan? He says NO. He worked hard to get here, and 1 loss doesn't mean he's leaving.

Hideo Itami vs. Oney Larcan
6 Minutes of pure enjoyment, Hideo works more heelish so he's not breaking clean, or when he does he lights Oney up with a sick slap. He's also laying in all his kicks, lariats and knees cause he knows 1, Oney ain't no pussy and 2, Oney will get his shit in too. And right on time Oney begins lighting Hideo up with some of the nastiest slap combos in NXT history and that sparks Oney to go on 1 of his crazy runs of just hurling his body around. Hideo THEN FAKES AND INJURY, AND KICKS ONEY'S KNEE OUT! He then goes on a run of his own before hitting the GT2, he refuses to cover and hits another. The crowd now turns on him so Hideo drops him with a 3rd. HE PICKS HIM UP AGAIN BUT OHNO RUNS OUT FOR THES SAVE. Hideo shoves him, so Ohno shoves him back knocking Hideo to the mat. Hideo ends up leaving, Ohno then checks on Oney as the ref calls for the no contest. ***

Backstage: Christy asks Ember her thoughts on the 3-way rematch next week, Ember says she remembers her first show, but she loss then she gets hurt and missed her 2nd opportunity. She says she needs to first address the Iconics but will be watching that match. And when she gets her opportunity it will be her opportunity.

No Way Jose vs. Killian Dain
UGH! Fuckin Jose is back, I thought this fuck got called up by now. FUCK IF I HAVE ANOTHER 9 MONTHS OF THIS USELESS FUCK! I SWEAR! This gets pretty close to 10 minutes and I hate it, Jose does all his shitty brawling and Dain who's a fine big man isn't really the lead heel for 10 minutes, so it's lots of clubbing blows and standing around. The crowd tries to hijack the match with shitty chants, I thought they were bad before but now they're at an all-time level of pure awful full smarky annoyingness. Dain hits the Ulster Plantation for the win. *

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 252
June 14th, 2017

Drew McIntyre vs. Rob Ryzin
Standard Drew showcase.

Anthony Dominguez & Wilmer Freyday vs. The Authors Of Pain (w/Paul Ellering)
SQUASH!

Paul Ellering gets on the mic, post-match, he calls Heavy Machinery as foolish as they are large, they have been undefeated for 1 whole year. AoP wants to write the first chapter in their new book of dominance, and HM doesn't match up. HM come down to the ring, but Ellering pulls his guys back.

Recap of Roode/Roddy from last week airs.

Sonya "Looking like a snack" Deville hype video airs, cause she's in-ring next week.

Raul Mendoza vs. The Velveteen Dream
Fine Dream showcase, he's still putting the pieces together. He wins with the Purple RainMaker.

Recap of Hideo/Oney, and the OhNo/Hideo stuff from last weeks airs.

Backstage: Kayla is with Kassius, she asks where his friendship with Hideo stands. Ohno says he doesn't know, he regrets the shove. But he knows Hideo is stuck in his own frustrations, what he needs to do is build a bridge and get over it. He then says he talked to Regal and he's got a match against Black next week :mark:

Triple Threat Elimination Match for the NXT Women's Championship: Nikki Cross vs. Ruby Riot vs. Asuka
This again is really good, they keep pretty much the same formula as TakeOver with all 3 pretty much in the ring at the same time, but when it does get to the 1on1 stuff, it's short-lived. I do like that Asuka is at her all-time confident which forces Cross and Riot to team up to get rid of her at times. Weird spot with Asuka breaking up a pin when it's an elimination match, but Nigel covers it up saying she was looking for the 2 for 1 like at TakeOver. Cross hits Asuka with the spinning neckbeaker, but Asuka rolls to the floor to avoid the pin, Riot comes back in with a backdrop driver but is too hurt to make the cover right away, Asuka comes back in but Riot takes her out with a dropkick allowing Cross to her the spinning neckbreaker from the top and pins Riot. Sadly a large part of Asuka/Cross gets cut out due to the break when we return they brawl up the ramp to the back so the ref calls for the no contest. WHAT THE FUCK! ITS A NODQ-NO COUNTOUT MATCH YOU FUCKIN IDIOT! **1/2

A camera follows them as they brawl into the parking lot, Asuka slams her into one of the walls, but Cross counters a whip and sends her into the steel garage door. BUT ASUKA RECOVERS AND BEGINS SLAMMING HER HEAD INTO THE DOOR NOW! They brawl back inside and Cross attempts to drown Asuka in a water cooler :mark: They eventually make it back into the arena to where the electronics are. CROSS THEN HIS A CROSSBODY SENDING BOTH WOMAN THROUGH A TABLE ONTO THE FLOOR!

PvddUpV.gif

EMT's, refs and trainers Steve Corino and Norman Smiley come out to check on them to end the show.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I like that they didnt so all the fake explosive shit for that bump like they do on the main roster, granted I'm sure it was for budget reasons

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 253
June 21st, 2017

Peyton Royce (w/Billie Kay) vs. Ember Moon
Good stuff to start but it gets butchered, I like that it was kept competitive and that didn't have the standard 3-minute showcase, Billie interferes once Ember sets up for the Eclipse by hanging that previously injured up over the top rope. I don't know if Peyton works the arm as it got cut out due to the break, Ember barley sells it anyway. She makes a comeback and the two begin trading big stuff, Emmon again sets up for the eclipse but Kay pulls Peyton to the floor, Moon then dives and takes out Kay. Peyton rolls her back in and they trade roll ups. Peyton has a sweet counter into the widow's peak, but again Ember kicks out. Peyton gets distracted seeing Kay not up to help which allows Ember to roll her face first into the middle turnbuckle and she hits the eclipse for the win. **1/4

Backstage: Kassius is warming up in his Chicago Bulls adjace warm-up tracksuit when Hideo comes over, he says he has not had success here in NXT like he had in Japan and it's been getting to him. That's why he pushed him, and he's sorry. Ohno says he gets it, people expect stuff from him, and they should do it the right way.

GREAT BALLS OF FIRE - JULY 9TH!

The Ealy Brothers vs. SAnitY (Eric Young & Alexander Wolfe)
Showcase for Wolfe and EY, Ealy's are the worse.

Asuka/Cross, LAST WOMAN STANDING MATCH ~ Next Week.

Rachel Evers vs. Sonya Deville
Sonya showcase she really isn't good outside her rapid body blows, she applies a Kimura for the win.

Earlier Today, Roode is in the middle of a photoshoot when Roddy and his family are walking by, Roode says if they keep popping "THOSE THINGS" out, they're gonna need that double wide soon than they think :lmao Roody tries to ignore it, so Roode tells Marina when she feels like being with a real man, let him know. Well, Roddy snaps and begins attacking him. They brawl for a bit until wrestlers separate them. Roode says he can have a shot at the title at any time.

RODDY/ROODE - NXT TITLE - IN TWO WEEKS :mark:

Kassius OhNo vs. Aleister Black
This gets over 12 minutes shown, and it's a total blast. The mat/feeling one another out rules, it doesn't go OhNo way so he begins going to strikes feeling he has the advantage, but Black goes to the head with the headlock, before faking him out with a dive and doing his sitting Indian style in the middle of the ring. OhNo takes offense to this, so he tries a cheapshot boot but Black sees it coming and they begin trading strikes until Ohno murders him with a nasty elbow as we go to break. Ohno works the neck, but he gets too cocky mid-way through when he does the Black sitdown taunt which sparks a brief comeback until Ohno catches him with a nasty one legged flash dropkick. Ohno goes for a straight punch, but Black catches the fist and kicks him in the gut to make the big comeback. Finishing 2-3 minutes ruled, as they just begin trading nasty kicks or knees, not the yay/boooo sequence but everything they're doing it to set up the final big kick blow but neither man stays down. Ohno goes for the Rolling elbow but spins right into the Black Mass and Black covers for the win. Good shit. ***

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I liked family man Roddy more than I thought I would but generic heel workhorse is still better

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I liked family man Roddy more than I thought I would but generic heel workhorse is still better
I was on board too, it's just hilarious that it was Roddy playing the family guy with all the party stories we've heard, and his antics in PWG and ROH as a heel prior to signing with WWE.

Reactions: Chris

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 254
June 28th, 2017

Mauro Ranallo has now joined Nigel and Percy on commentary.

The Velveteen Dream vs. Ho Ho Lun
Another good Dream showing, he's continuing to get better and figuring out his gimmick.

Earlier Today, Asuka is being driven to the building and does another one of those in-car interviews, the cameraman asks how she's feeling going into her match tonight. Asuka says she's confident. Suddenly, the driver breaks fast because Nikki Cross hops on the hood of the car and begins banging on the window. She tries to open the door but security holds her back as Asuka stares her down.

FUCK YEAH ONEY/HIDEO REMATCH! TONIGHT!

In the back, Heavy Machinery and AoP are both venting to GM Regal, so he books a tag title match in two weeks. LOL NXT new thing is everything in two weeks. DAT PROMOTING!

Hideo Itami vs. Oney Lorcan
ONEY IS PISSED AND TAKES THE FIGHT TO HIDEO AS SOON AS HE BELL HITS! HE HITS A SICK UPPERCUT BUSTING HIDEO'S NOSE SO THE EMTS CHECK ON HIM. They then call for the bell in fear of a broken nose.

Awesome Roderick "The Turtle" Strongboat video package airs, they really going all out with family man Strong. I forgot how hard they pushed it.

FUCK YEAH! HIDEO IS BACK OUT!

Hideo Itami vs. Oney Lorcan

FUCK YEAH! THIS TIME HIDEO ATTACKS ONEY WHEN HE COMES TO THE RING. And now he's the one that begins kicking the shit out of Oney before he can do it to him. He straight up shoves Oney off the top and he takes that nasty bump onto the apron on his hip, damn no wonder wrestlers can barely walk in their 40s and are all getting hip replacements. Back from a break and it seems they edited out a shit ton of it :( cause it comes back right into Oney's big comeback, Hideo fakes an injury again and kicks out his knee but this time Oney counters the GTS so it forces Hideo to back to some of his old moves for near falls. Oney hurts his knee during the striking, Hideo tries to help him up but Oney shoves his hand away so Hideo picks him up and hits the GTS for the win. **3/4

I FUCKING LOVE THESE TWO TOGETHER! TOP 2 FEUD OF THE YEAR.

After the Match; Hideo calls Ohno down to the ring, and he does. BUT SANITY HITS THE RING AND ATTACKS BOTH MEN! Wolfe grabs the mic and says all these force friendships, they have to end all these lies and the best way is with CHAOS!

Last Woman Standing Match for the NXT Women's Championship: Nikki Cross vs. Asuka
Hell of a story here, with Asuka being the best woman's wrestler in the company, and a top 10 in NXT, maybe IDK the roster has improved so much since last year. She's so dominant but she's never faced anyone the likes of Cross. She's not used to Cross' craziness/unorthodox/someone with so much heart, apart from Bayley. So it throws her off her game a whole bunch. This is also more TaylorMade for Cross' brawling, Asuka does a great job leaning on the fly and adding the weapons to what works for her. E.G. Placing a trashcan over Cross' head and kicking it several times before hitting a big dropkick off the top. But, Cross is up at 7. Asuka follows up with some sweet kicks and knee, but she gets too distracted with throwing chairs in the ring which allows Cross to hit an inverted DDT onto the ring apron, but Asuka is up at 5. They both hit a move onto the stack of chairs in the ring, but both get up at 7 as we cut to our 2nd break. Trips really needs to release some of these matches in full, even if it's on a DVD. ASUKA BEGINS KICKING THE CHEST, BUT CROSS EGGS HER ON AND EVEN BEGINS LAUGHING AT HER. Cross comes back with a flying forearm but Asuka now laughs at her, but Cross quickly snaps off her spinning neckbreaker, Asuka gets back up so Cross hits her with 4 in a row. Cross grabs the belt thinking it's over, as Asuka s back up at 9. She comes charging in and Asuka kicks the belt back into her face, she follows up with another buzzsaw kick and again Cross gets back up laughing. NASTY SPOT! WITH CROSS POWERBOMBING ASUKA FROM THE APRON ONTO A 2ND PILE OF CHAIRS ON THE FLOOR, BUT THE WORSE PART WAS THE BACK OF ASUKA'S HEAD HITTING THE SIDE OF THE STEEL RAMP! BUT ASUKA MAKES IT UP AT 9 WITH HELP FROM THE THE RAILS. Cross drags her up the ramp and they battle for position until Asuka knows her off, and follows with the flying ass. They fight the commentary booth, and Asuka hurts her leg when Cross ducks a kick and Asuka kicks 1 of the stage lights. CROSS THEN FOLLOWS UP WITH A SPINNING NECKBREAKER TO THE CONCRETE :mark: Asuka is back up at 9. She hits a desperation backhand for separation, but Cross comes right back with a ladder shot to the gut. She drags a table from the side and places it right in front of the commentary table. She sets up the ladder and begins to climb it, Asuka follows her up and they begin brawling, AND ASUKA HITS A SUPLEX OFF THE LADDER THROUGH THE COMMENTARY TABLE! The ref begins to count, and Asuka makes it her feet at the count of 9 as Cross is dead for the count. I remember liking this when it aired live, just not as much as the male woman marks who tend to ruin everything. So with it now being a year later, I can really appreciate it. Good stuff, best woman's match since 2015. ASUKA DA GOAT! ****

This year so far > Every other year. Mid-Year awards up next.

Reactions: Cwalker and Chris

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
MID-YEAR AWARDZ!

MOTYC

21. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Bobby Roode - NXT TakeOver: Orlando **3/4
20. Kassius OhNo vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas - May 17th, 2017 **3/4
19. Bobby Roode vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - NXT TakeOver: San Antonio **3/4
18. Ruby Riot vs. Nikki Cross vs. Asuka - NXT TakeOver: Chicago **3/4
17. Kassius OhNo vs. Bobby Roode - March 15th, 2017 **3/4
16. Hideo Itami vs. Oney Lorcan - June 28th, 2017 **3/4
15. Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Oney Lorcan - January 11th, 2017 **3/4
14. Mark Andrews vs. Pete Dunne - February 22nd, 2017 **3/4
13. Hideo Itami vs. Oney Larcan - June 7th, 2017 ***
12. Kassius OhNo vs. Aleister Black - June 21st, 2017 ***
11. The Authors of Pain vs. #DIY - NXT TakeOver: Chicago ***
10. Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Aleister Black - NXT TakeOver: Orlando ***
9. Ember Moon vs. Asuka - NXT TakeOver: Orlando ***
8. The Authors Of Pain vs. #DIY - NXT TakeOver: San Antonio ***
7. Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Roderick Strong - NXT TakeOver: San Antonio ***
6. The Revival vs. #DIY vs. The Authors of Pain - NXT TakeOver: Orlando ***1/4
5. Oney Lorcan vs. Andrade “Cien” Almas - March 22nd, 2017 ***1/4
4. Roderick Strong vs. Hideo Itami - May 10th, 2017 - ***1/4
3. The Revival vs. #DIY - January 11th, 2017 ***1/2
2. Nikki Cross vs. Asuka - June 28th, 2017 ****
1. Pete Dunne vs. Tyler Bate - NXT TakeOver: Chicago ****1/4

Feud

5. Me vs. the SHITTY CROWD!
4. DIY vs. Revival vs. AoP
3. Asuka vs. THE WORLD
2. Hideo vs. Oney
1. Roderick Strong vs. Bobby Roode

TakeOvers

3. San Antonio
2. Orlando
1. Chicago

TTOTY

5. Heavy Machinery
4. SAnitY
3. The Revival
2. AoP

Z4sux2y.jpg

1. #DIY.......................................RIP

WOTY

10. Aleister Black
9. Roderick Strong
8. Nikki Cross
7. Pete Dunne
6. Kassius OhNo
5. Bobby Roode
4. Hideo Itami
3. Asuka
2. Andrade "Cien" Almas

WITH THE UPSET OUT OF NOWHERE, FROM BOSTON!

zlud7xrmkot01.gif

1. Oney Lorcan

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
My boy Biff :proud:
This def feels like a way more complete list, not just for mid-year but compared to someone the full years you've done

Reactions: Crippler

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I don't see anything in Oney Lorcan....but I'm a character guy

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
My boy Biff :proud:
This def feels like a way more complete list, not just for mid-year but compared to someone the full years you've done
it's the best NXT has been in the 5 years I've been watching. I've really enjoyed almost every episode, and with the stacked roster, it's like I'm guaranteed 1 MOTYC a week.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock