Watching NXT from the start (2012 - ???)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
NXT World Champion: Bobby Roode
NXT World Tag Team Champions: The Authors Of Pain
NXT Woman's Champion: Asuka
United Kingdom Champion: Tyler Bate

NXT Episode 246
May 3rd, 2017
Full Sail University: Orlando, Florida

Killian Dain (w/Eric Young) vs. Danny Burch
Good back and forth match, Danny gives Dain his biggest test so far, he hits hard and Dain eats all of it before hitting the Ulster Plantation for the win.

DAT MUSIC :mark:

Heavy Machinery vs. Hector Kunsman & Ricardo Watts
SQUASH!

After the match, Otis debuts "SHAKES & WEIGHTS" and challenge AoP.

In the back, Roode talks to Kona Reeves before his match with Hideo Itami.

Backstage: Kayla is with DIY and asks for a response on why HM just had to say, DIY make jokes before Gargano says they are owed a tag title singles rematch and they will take on any team.

Kona Reeves vs. Hideo Itami
It's so nice to have Hideo back, he was just getting into his groove before the 2nd injury so I'm excited to see him now and going forward with my 205 reviews too. Kona attacks Hideo pre-bell and delivers a shitty beating before backing up and allowing the bell to ring, he comes rushing in but misses the charge which allows Hideo to kick the shit out of him for a few minutes, before hitting the GTS for the win. *3/4

Drew McIntyre hype video airs.

That's my shitty little boots family man :mark:

GM Regal is with Bobby Roode, Regal calls Roddy's story "quite the story" and Roode agrees, even though he's on the phone the whole time. Regal says he brought him here to discuss his next TakeOver opponent. Roode cuts him off and says Hideo is reckless and he doesn't want his face getting hurt, Regal says he's right Hideo does need a match, so he books Hideo/Roddy #1 Contender match next week :mark:

Alester Black in action next week.

#1 Contenders Battle Royal
Wrestlers are Lacy Evans, Iconicz, Nikki Cross, Liv Morgan, Bianca Blair, Kimberly Frankele, Rachael Evers, Sarah Bridges, Sonya Deville, Victoria Gonzalez, Aliyah, Candice LeRae, Ruby Riot & Ember Moon. UGH! This is a thing, typical battle royal stuff, i'm not going over all the eliminations because no one gives a fuck. It ultimately boils down to Ember, Ruby, Cross and the Iconics but Ember tosses them both out. I would have liked a longer 3 way at the end before Asuka runs out and attacks all 3 for the No Contest fuckery.

GM Regal comes out and books Asuka/Cross/Moon/Riot for TakeOver Chicago.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
If I remember correctly that’s the spot where Ember fucked her shoulder up getting tossed out the ring Rey Mysterio style

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If I remember correctly that’s the spot where Ember fucked her shoulder up getting tossed out the ring Rey Mysterio style
Yep....shoulder went right into the barricade.

Reactions: Cwalker

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Was a bad spot. Remember watching it and cringed

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 247
May 10th, 2017

TONIGHT: STONG/ITAMI ~ #1 CONTENDERS MATCH!

Cezar Bononi vs. Aleister Black
AWESOME Black squash, he toys and outclasses this bum before killing him with the Black Mass for the win.

WWE.com Exclusive, Regal tells Asuka he's booked her vs all 3 of them, Asuka has the look of fear for the first time in a year.

WWE.com Exclusive, Ember is in the EMT's room, Tom announces that Ember suffered a grade 1 shoulder sprain, and will need 4 to 5 weeks of recovery. Moon says she's out of Chicago, but when she gets back she will be better than ever. It's now just a triple threat match.

Bate/Dunne is announced for Chicago.

Ruby Riot video package airs.

Backstage: Kayla asks for Drew's thoughts on this #1 Contender match, he says it should be a great match, but he's a little disappointed he's not in it. But he's learned when things are now working, you change it up. But, Wesley Blake comes over and kinda challenges him to a match.

DIY are in the ring and challenge AoP to a match at Chicago, but Tino and Moss come out and it leads to a match.

Velveteen Dream!

#DIY vs. Riddick Moss & Tino Sabbatelli
DIY do their best but Moss and Tino are trash, running knee/superkick ends it.

GM Regal books DIY/AoP in a LADDER MATCH!

Backstage: Kayla asks Ohno where he goes from after his NXT title loss, Ohno says you either fall or stand tall, he stood tall when he left here 4 years ago, but now he's back and will knock down every brick until he gets another shot. But Almas comes over, he asks why he came back Pirro? Ohno says Almas has so much talent but wastes it, and challenges to a match next week. Almas accepts. I LOVE THIS ROSTER! It's big match after big match every week, and all the guys can pretty much go.

Backstage: Christy asks Roddy what his mindset is going into this match, he says this is what he's worked for and this is why he's here, as his music hits. MAIN EVENT WALK AND INTERVIEW :mark:

Backstage: Christy asks Hideo the same question, and he says he respects Strong but he's going to Chicago and Roddy will GO 2 SLEEP!

#1 Contenders Match for the NXT World Championship: Roderick Strong vs. Hideo Itami
This gets pretty close to 20 minutes and ruled, it's Roddy/Hideo so they have no problems stiffing the shit out of one another. This starts off slow with both guys feeling the other out, not rushing anything or even trying anything big, but when they do it gets countered. Like Roody has the GTS and spin-kick scouted, while Hideo has the jumping high knee scouted. Hideo takes over after some nasty stiff kicks and begins targetting the mid-section with strikes but Roddy fights it off and hangs Hideo up on the top rope. Roddy opens it up with a backbreaker, which allows him the opening to work the kidneys, back and the arm that Hideo had surgery on. He does a fantastic job applying holds that work all 3 of those body parts at once. Roddy busts out a nasty backbreaker where he pulls Hideo off the apron and catches him in mid-air before throwing him back first into the apron. Sadly a 2nd breaks cuts the rest of the control, and they go right into the Hideo comeback, tons of combo strikes and suplexes for near falls by both man. I FUCKING HATE THIS 2SWEET SHIT! I HOPE WHOEVER STARTED THAT CHANT WAVE DIES A HORRIBLE DEATH! Late in the match, Roddy goes for a super gutbuster but Hideo fights him off and hits the Falcons Arrow for two. They trade punches, elbows, and chops in the middle but Roddy hits the jumping high knee for two. He tries the sick kick, but Hideo avoids and hits the Busaiku Knee. That leads to Hideo hitting a series of running dropkicks, RODDY REFUSES TO STAY DOWN AND USES HIDEO'S BODY TO GET BACK TO HIS FEET! He yells at Hideo to end it and he does with the Go 2 Sleep for the win. Good shit. ***1/4

Reactions: Chris and Deezy

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Bro just go back in time to any year pre 2011 and tell me I'd get a Roddy/KENTA match in WWE and I'd flip shit and it really wasn't even that big of a deal with everything else happening tbh

Reactions: Crippler

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

NXT Episode 248
May 17th, 2017

Drew McIntyre vs. Sean Maluta
Decent Drew showcase, only lasts about 3 minutes before Drew hits the Claymore Kick for the win.

After the match; Kayla asks about Wesley, and Drew says Wes doesn't concern him and if he's a little upset about the attention not being on him, he can give him his full attention next week.

Recap of Hideo/Roddy from last week airs, after NXT went off the air SAnitY attacks Roddy and left him dead. Roddy goes to back and tells Regal he wants SAnitY.

Outside the building, SAnitY are standing by, EY says a new baby, a beautiful wife and at the pinnacle of your profession you want Sanity at TakeOver? do you know how insane that sounds, and if you're looking for someone to take it all away, see you at Chicago.

Quick video of Hideo making his debut airs.

Bate/Dunne hype video airs.

Velveteen Dream!

Another Video of Hideo finally taking his move back, the GTS and hitting it at a house show back in 2015.

Earlier Today; Asuka is in a car on her way to the building, cameraman asks if Asuka is feeling any pressure going into her match at TakeOver, Asuka ignores is. He then asks if she's happy Moon is no longer in the match, she ignores it. INTERVIEW OVER! Asuka then leaves the car and puts on a fake smile for the fans, but when she leaves she looks disgusted with the fans :mark:

Lacey Evans vs. Sonya Deville
LOL They act like this is Sonya's debut :lmao This is pretty whatever Sonya does the same stuff she's been doing for about a year now. She hits a pretty cool shinning wizard for the win.

Video of Hideo dropping Roode with the GTS, I will admit NXT really dropped the ball with these Hideo videos. They should have done the awesome typical 6-minute video package of ups, downs, and returns along with a sit-down interview in between. It really would have helped get Hideo the sympathy pops. instead of the, he is a Japanese legend pop.

Kassius OhNo vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas
I'm really starting to love this roster, it's the most stacked it's ever been for the singles and the show is primarily focused on them. It's like NXT goes in cycles the show was carried by the world title for the first 3 years, the woman 2 years, tag last year, and now we're back to mens. Good mix here, Ohno controls early with his superior striking, but he tries to get flashy with his flip over the ropes so Almas kicks him in the face knocking him off the apron. Almas does his usual, nonfocus offense for a bit but decides to work the arm to fill time. Logically it's smart because it stops Ohno from hitting elbows, but Almas isn't that smart so he drops it mid-way just to toy with Ohno. But it backfires and OhNo makes a comeback, he misses the headbutt and Almas follows up with a backbreaker/forearm to the chest for two. They begin trading strikes, with Almas getting the better but when he goes for the Hammerlock DDT, Ohno counters and Almas hits a reverse tornado DDT but Ohno kicks out at 1. THAT FIRES HM UP AND OHNO HITS TWO ROLLING ELBOWS IN A ROW for the win. **3/4

Another recap of Hideo/Roddy from last week airs.

NXT World Champion, Bobby Roode comes down to the ring. He says everywhere he goes, everyone is talking about Hideo Itami and the GTS. Really? Sure he's knocked a few people out, and he can admit it. A couple of weeks ago he knocked him out. He was standing there minding his own business in a $5,000 custom-made suit when Hideo hit him the GTS. Completely unprovoked. He says that will never, ever happen again the difference between that night and Chicago is he won't be wearing a $5,000 suit and will be in his ring gear, and he will do what's he's been doing and that is embarrassing everyone he's gotten in the ring with. Roode says he wants to take a look at Hideo's career so far in NXT he came, got hurt, came back and got hurt again. And now he's back, and he's gonna be honest he didn't know he still worked him. Now onto him, he's made NXT a better place. And when he wins Hideo has to fly back to Japan and look his kids in the eyes and tell them "DADDY FAILED AGAIN" Hideo comes out, but Regal and security all stop him on the ramp, Roode then gets cocky and dares him. Hideo runs past them all and Roode bails, so Hideo hits the security with GTS's. Roode then tries a sneak attack, but Hideo drops him with the GTS to end the show.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

sJcrug7.png

NXT TakeOver: Chicago
May 20th, 2017
Allstate Arena: Chicago, Illinois

Eric Young (w/SAnitY) vs. Roderick Strong
The match starts with Roddy Strongboat coming through the crowd and taking out Wolfe and Dain, before getting in the ring and trying to end it early against EY before the other two can recover and somewhat become a factor. But he can't and EY takes over with a side suplex, kinda like a backdrop driver and begins working the head and neck. Roddy fights back and goes on a run of combo's, but on the floor, Dain hits Roddy with a killer flying crossboady as the ref is watching EY giving EY control back again. Solid EY heat, it's not completely boring and he's finally using Wolfe and Dain to interfere a bunch, I don't they really did in the Tye feud. Roddy bumps and sells well during the work, but as good as he is as a seller, his comeback is dope when he can run off 45 million combo moves, he's also the master of the slap thigh sound. He be making simple knees to the face look like the death blow. On the floor, EY hits the wheelbarrow neckbreaker, but takes too long getting Roddy back into the ring which allows him to kick out. EY goes up top and hits the big elbow but again Roddy kicks out, Dain and Wolfe try to get involved again but Strong takes them out and hits EY with the debuting end of heartache for the win. **1/2

Good Ol' Jim Ross comes out to do commentary for the next match. And he replaces Percy and Tom, FUCK YEAH! 2 MAN BOOTH!

United Kingdom Championship: Pete Dunne vs. Tyler Bate
Dunne debuts the theme he has now, it's super underrated as just a beat. Real awesome mat wrestling to start, some unique counters and escaping of holds. Bate shows off his ROH fanboy-ness and uses Bryan's counters out of wrist locks, Dunne suckers him into the floor and allows himself to get his ass kicked for a bit, but catches Bate on the floor with a killer elbow and hits the explex suplex onto the apron, but he doesn't follow up with anything directed to the back. He goes to hand, wrist, and arm. Bate counters out of one of the arm holds into a delayed t-bone suplex and mount a small bit of offense, before they begin trading big moves and near falls. At one point, Dunne catches Bate in the triangle and begins rapid punching away at the arm, and does the 12-6 elbows to the head. But Bate hits the one arm sit-down powerslam to break the hold. Bate breaks out this crazy airplane spin for 20-30 seconds but it's super fast like it's hard to explain but he's spinning super fast. Awesome near fall, Dunne catches Bate attempting a crossbody off the middle rope with a killer forearm and follows up with a sitdown explex for two, and the building goes nuts. They begin exchanging strikes, with Bate hitting the BANG punch but he can't follow up so they go back to stiffing the fuck out one another. They both counter out of the other's finishing move, with Bate hitting a nasty spike DDT out of the bitter end, but the momentum sends him to the floor where Bate hits a moonsault to the floor. HE THEN HITS A FUCKING SPIRAL TAP FOR TWO! He goes for 1 hish risk to many, but Dunne avoids and Bate hits the floor face first, he quickly rolls Bate in and hits the Bitter End for the win. FUCKING HELL THIS STILL HOLDS UP. And if this had some selling, it prob would go down as the best match in NXT history. ****1/4

WSmdgtK.gif

Triple Threat Match for the Woman's Championship Match: Ruby Riot vs. Nikki Cross vs. Asuka
Poor Asuka man, having to go after a top 10 NXT match of all time again, but this delivers. We get a little 1on1's, but, for 80% of the match, it's all 3 girls doing stuff. They do a fantastic job integrating the 3rd person into a spot to knock them out, and they don't have the 3rd sell on the floor longer than the bump is needed for. Asuka is head and shoulders above Ruby and Nikki tho, I love that every girl keeps looking for that spot, and whenever they seem like they have the upper hand the 3rd would come in and ruin it. It's also rare that we didn't get the typical team up stuff, or even the shitty tower of doom spot, I think that's why I enjoyed this so much. Also, it's super fast paced, constant action from bell to bell. Nothing felt wasted, and everything was smooth outside Ruby almost spiking herself during a 'rana. The match ends when Cross hits a hanging spinning neckbreaker from the corner, but Ruby breaks up the hold. All 3 are slow to get up and Asuka starts breaking down, to Nikki and Ruby double clothesline her to the floor so they can settle their issue. Ruby hits the pele kick, BUT ASUKA SNEAKS BACK IN AND HITS A RUNNING KNEE AND PINS THEM BOTH! **3/4

Video package for the world title airs.

For Roode's special TakeOver entrance, he again gets the piano but this time it's not real pianos. It's on the stage and you can see the notes like that dance game at the arcades :lmao

NXT World Championship: Hideo Itami vs. Bobby Roode
A couple things off rip, Hideo gets more booo's than cheers during his entrance, and Roode debuts my all-time favorite robe from him. The champions Black & Gold one. I can't think of any two colors that go together better than Black/Gold, maybe Black/Red. Red/Gold is top 3. Awesome opening 10 seconds, Roode goes to do his "GLORIOUS" taunt, but Hideo picks him up for the GTS right away but Roode quickly bails to the floor to rethink his cockinesss. Good back and forth to start, Hideo is one step ahead but the cam catches him barely hitting with knees and misses the cocky back kick. Roode weathers the storm, before going after the throat and neck. Roode does his usual neck work, same stuff he did against Naka and OhNo. But he begins to get cocky, so Hideo kills him with a nasty straight slap to the face and that opens him up for a comeback. Late in the match, Roode hurts his arm going shoulder first into 1 of the ring posts, so Hideo begins kicking away at it, ROODE FUCKING SELLING IS WONDERFUL! He sells it for the rest of the match, constantly shaking the arm, and having to muster up 2nd wind to get the move the 2nd time as the arm keeps giving out the first time. AWSOME SELLING ON HIS PART! Hideo half ass works it, like kicks to it and throws him shoulder first into the steps, all bumps Roode was gonna take to the arm regardless. Hideo then hurts his ankle when Roode avoids the dropkick into the steps, but the difference is Hideo doesn't sell until it's time to advance the match, like can do the running dropkick fine, but as soon as he has to do the GTS now the ankle gives out, and that allows Roode to hit the DDT for two. Roode takes too long to follow up, and Hideo suckers him and hits the GTS, but just like at the last two TakeOver's Roode's momentum sent him to the floor so he can't get pinned. Hideo eventually rolls him back in, but enough time has passed that he can kick out. More stiff Hideo slaps, and he sets him up for the EXPOSED KNEE IN THE GTS but Roode rolls out and hits back2back Glorious DDT's for the win. **3/4

During an NXT live event in Highland Hills, KY, Tommaso Ciampa suffered a knee injury, but Doctors have cleared him for tonight.

JINDER/ORTON - WWE TITLE HYPE!!!!!!!

Kevin Owens is in the crowd with some baseball guy. Sami, Pat Patterson, and OhNo are in the crowd too.

Ladder Match for the NXT World Tag Team Championships: The Authors of Pain (w/Paul Ellering) vs. #DIY
Champions coming out first smh. NXT has been really good at not doing that. Ciampa is clearly hurt as even though he's not the fasted, he's moving a lot slower than normal. This is really good, good storytelling with DIY getting the better to start as they're faster and have experience in ladder matches so they do tons of double teams and integrate the ladder as a weapon, but as the match moves along AoP get stronger, and smarter and figure some innovative ways to use the ladder and destroy DIY. I think Ciampa tears his ACL when he gets shoved off the ladder and he takes an awkward knee buckle bump but he continues to match. Cool spot AoP set up two ladders between the apron and the barricades, with the big ladder in the middle, but DIY fights back and hits two big splashes breaking the ladders, well Ciampa did, Gargano skinny as just bends it. All 4 get up and begin climbing the ladders, but everyone but Gargano gets knocked down. But as he reaches up, Paul Ellering pulls Gargano off the ladder so Johnny drops him with a superkick. SICK SPOT! AoP line Ciampa up for the double team battering ramp, but Gargabi sacrifices himself and takes the bullet. That gives Ciampa new life and hits Rezar with a German off the ladder through the wood one in the corner. Akam goes to climb the ladder but Gargano holds by the boot to stop. THEY THEN PLACE THE LADDER AROUND HIS NECK AND HIT THE DOUBLE TEAM RUNNING KNEE/SUPERKICK. They both climb the ladder but AoP kicks the ladder from under them, leaving them hanging from the belts. AoP quickly pulls them down and hit the double powerbomb spot, and climb the ladders to win. ***

4w38yk2.gif
3jKi9r6.gif

After the Match; DIY are in the ring and get a standing ovation, they go to leave an walk up the ramp. THE BOX LOGO EVEN APPEARS TO SIGNAL THE END OF THE SHOW!

WHEN CIAMPA SAYS "THIS IS MY MOMENT" and throws Gargano into the tron, he proceeds to beat Gargano down and hits a knee, Gargano pulls himself up so CIAMPA EXPOSES THE KNEE AND KNEES HIM IN THE FACE! The crowd starts a "FUCK YOU CIAMPA" chant, so he picks him up and hits a fucking air raid crash off the commentary table to the floor.

lygjHzM.gif
n3h1riw.gif
tC94NUK.gif

Reactions: Deezy and Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm such a mark for them showing the box logo before some crazy shit happens

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
United Kingdom Champion: Pete Dunne

NXT Episode 249
May 24th, 2017
Allstate Arena: Chicago, Illinois

Aleister Black vs. Curt Hawkins
Real good Black showcase, his striking is on point, he bumps well for Curt's 20 seconds of offense before hitting the Black Mass for the W.

Recap of AoP/DIY airs.

WWE.com EXCLUSIVE, after TakeOver Gargano, got taken to the local hospital in a neck brace.

Ember Moon is in the Allstate arena before the show, she says she thought she over not being able to wrestle tonight, but being here now. It sucks, she wants Asuka to retain so she can be the one to take what's near and dear to her heart. Time heals all wounds, but battle scars last forever.

Recap of the Woman's title match airs.

Backstage: Kayla asks Asuka what's left, Asuka says no one can stand with her. IT'S HERES!

Recap of Roddy/EY airs.

Backstage: Kayla asks how he feels being the first to pin EY here, he says he told EY and the world you can attack and insult me all you want, but as soon as you mention my family. I WILL END YOU! This is only the first step in him getting that world title.

The Velveteen Dream vs. Robert Anthony
Good Dream showing, he's not great at leading matches yet. But shows a ton of potential. He hits the flying elbow off the top for the win.

Recap of Dunne/Bate airs.

Backstage: Kayla asks Dunne how it feels to be the new champion, Dunne says since January he's had to watch Bete live a dream, he told the world what was going to happen and now he gets to live his dream.

Recap of Roode/Hideo airs.

Backstage: Roode asks Kayla if she's surprised? Roode says Hideo earned this match, but he proved he's not in his league. And he knows the world wants to know who's next, but he will decide that later. But first, he's gonna go home, lay by the pool because he deserves some time off. Then when he gets back he can deal with who's next.

GLORIOUS CELEBRATION! NEXT WEEK!

Drew McIntyre vs. Wesley Blake
FUCK YEAH! BLACKJACK WESLEY IS BACK, AND HE HAS THIS AWESOME COUNTRY ROCK SONG :mark: Good match, it's petty obvious that Drew is winning but they do a really good job at delaying the inevitable. Drew hits hard and works semi-stiff which rules, and all this time off has done Wes good as he's finally added some new stuff. He's not done a full 360 like Buddy did, but he's turned more to that Texas brawler. Wes goes after the arm, and it's a good time. He's not on Dunne's level when working the arm but he does some solid arm stretches and holds. Drew sells it on and off, more on than off but stops when it's big comeback time. He ends up hitting the Claymore Kick for the win. **1/2

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
United Kingdom Champion: Pete Dunne

NXT Episode 250 :party:
May 31th, 2017

THE SHOW OPENS WITH TOMMASO CIAMPA ON CRUTCHES LIMPING DOWN TO THE RING! He says he would like to take a moment right now and call Gargano out to this ring for an explanation. Oh, right. Johnny isn't here tonight. Let me tell you something about being replaced. Over the last 2 weeks, I've learned more life lessons, that I have in the past 32 years. The Thursday before TakeOver I suffered an injury and question all came in, but I didn't have questions. I HAD ANSWERS! I was gonna fight. But in a mere 24 hours, you people began replacing me with dream partners. I AM NOT AN AFTERTHOUGHT! So I told Johnny we're gonna fight, cause that's what we do. I realize we lose, and I'm gonna be honest I took a fall and I felt something in my knee pop. I know the difference being hurt and injured, and as I played injured I kept fighting for you people and my best friend. But at the end of the night when I looked across from my best friend, and you people I realized you and he was gonna replace me. IF I WENT AWAY I KNEW HE WOULD REPLACE ME! So, I made my decision and I knew it had to be done. It's not my fault, it's your fault, it's Gargano's fault and you all ruined DIY. And if I was gonna be gone for a long time, then Johnny has to be gone for a long time. TakeOver Chicago wasn't our moment, it was MY moment. And when I return I will be the most dangerous son of a bitch in professional wrestling.

Danny Burch vs. Pete Dunne
This is a blast, Burch goes to work on Dunne's fingers before Dunne can do the same to him ruled. Dunne takes over after a stiff forearm but it gets cut due to the network hype break. Awesomely Dunne targets the back of the neck, and the back of the head, the same area Burch got busted open at the UK tournament. Sadly, it gets cut off before anything can really develop but Burch's striking ruled so I can forgive. He gets a series of near falls off punches, knees and a headbutt. But Dunne counters a corner charge into the explex for two, he then follows up with the bitter end for the win. **1/2

Dunne grabs a mic and pretty much repeats the promo he cut last week.

Backstage: Kayla is with the Velveteen Dream, he says the ambiance isn't right, it might be fine for her but when you're the Velveteen Dream experience, you need something to be perfect. So when she fixes herself and the set then maybe.

Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Cezar Bononi
Standard Almas showcase, Percy continues to snitch about what Almas gets up to in his private life. Angle match, Almas toys and fucks around for 95% of the match, it goes about 4 minutes until Cezar catches him off-guard with a small package for the win. Nigel continues to be the GOAT, he asks Percy why he doesn't go partying with Almas and Percy says he and Almas butt heads, and he also doesn't want people knowing what he gets up to. But, Nigel responds with "BUT THE POLICE WOULD LIKE TO KNOW" :lmao After the match, Almas shrugs off the loss and walks to the back.

Earlier Today; the Iconics are back at the PC doing stuff when Ember walks past. They make fun of her for being injured and Peyton says if she wasn't injured show ould punch her in the face and get revenge for hurting Billie. The doctor runs out and has her sign her medical release form, and she walks off smiling.

In two weeks it will be Auska/Cross/Riot in a triple threat elimination match for the Woman's Championship.

WWE.com EXCLUSIVE! After TakeOver, Kayla tries to interview Hideo but he ignores her and walks to the men's dressing room. He begins wrecking shit until Ohno tries to calm him down, but Hideo continues to wreck the room. He shoves Ohno before swearing in Japanese.

Earlier Today in the NXT parking lot, Hideo and Ohno appear to make up.

ONEY VS. HIDEO NEXT WEEK :mark:

SAnitY (w/Killian Dain) vs. Kassius OhNo & Roderick Strong
This is fine I guess, I'm over this whole Sanity thing outside Cross as she's the best wrestler in that stable, I'm not saying they're bad, cause they're not. They're sound and solid, you know but for a stable that supposes to be whacky, crazy, reckless, chaotic, etc they don't do anything of the sort. It's boring heel 101 stuff. Ohno controls in the early going, but a Dain interference gives his group the momentum. They work stuff but meh, match picks up with Roddy going on a 23 combo run on offense. EY almost steals it with a neckbreaker but Roddy kicks out, he then holds Roddy up for Dain to attack him but GOD DAMMIT! NO WAY IS BACK AND EVENS THE ODDS. He takes out Dain, as Ohno drops Wolfe with the rolling elbow, and that allows Roddy to hit the end of heartache for the win. **

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Damn I didn’t know the whole “this is my moment” thing started when Ciampa left

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
People here were complaining aboiy Asuka not losing.....now they claim burial.