Warrior Warrior Heading to TNA??

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

C4

Exactly Mike, it's not about his wrestling or microphone skills; it's about his over-ness with the fans and his ability to sell out a 15,000 capacity arena. If he can do that then he is getting money and that's what it's all about!

MC Rae

Reaction score
Anyone notice in Sting's interview on this past weeks iMPACT!, the whole interview was basically talking about Ultimate Warrior?

I'm scared.

addo

Reaction score
Two Words

Fire Russo!!!!

CenaMark54

HAHAAHHHAA

WCW, WCW, WCW, WCW, WCW

TNA isn't gaining new fans (The Ultimate Warrior can barely be considered a draw) and they are going to start alienating their existing fan base (who I am assuming doesnt want to see The Ultimate Warrior.)

Mike1989

Reaction score
HAHAAHHHAA

WCW, WCW, WCW, WCW, WCW

TNA isn't gaining new fans (The Ultimate Warrior can barely be considered a draw) and they are going to start alienating their existing fan base (who I am assuming doesnt want to see The Ultimate Warrior.)

Like it or not the NWE are a indy promotion not WWE size and I'd even think they were not TNA size, maybe 2005 at most. Nevertheless they put the Ultimate Warrior on the card for their Spanish event and they sold 15,000 tickets. Not becayse of the NWE name, but because of the Ultimate Warrior. Is that not a draw?

As for alienating their fans they have already done pretty much that. The fans who saw it as the alternative to the WWE, the ones who loved 2004, 2005 and to an extent 2006, have likely moved onto watching the indies and staying away from main stream wrestling. TNA had something great going back then but more and more they have tried to compete in the WWE's world and personally it hasn't really worked for them. Anyway if they bring in Warrior maybe it will help them bring in some ratings and ppv buy rates short term...who knows it might help, but it might bring them down. But hey what's the worst that could happen here Warrior soaks them dry and leaves and TNA goes back to getting 1.0s?

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Please god no. The only reason that I can see for them to bring him in is to have a match with Sting. Other than that he really wouldn't have a place in TNA.

chessarmy

Oh god, this better NOT be true. Is TNA trying to ruin their roster or something? If he does sign with TNA, I think it will be one of the company's worst moves ever. I still dont understand why they are interested in an old hadbeen like Warrior, but they aren't interested in picking up some young wrestlers from the indies

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Oh god, this better NOT be true. Is TNA trying to ruin their roster or something? If he does sign with TNA, I think it will be one of the company's worst moves ever. I still dont understand why they are interested in an old hadbeen like Warrior, but they aren't interested in picking up some young wrestlers from the indies
Well as much as it pains me to say it, TNA has plenty of immensely talented people. Look at Elix Skipper. Sure, he's no Shelton Benjamin, but I see it as the same sort of scenario where the guy is talented as caffienated hell but unused due to mic skills second only to everyone. What TNA needs is someone who can really get the crowd going and get people to watch. That being said, I don't think Warrior is the man for the job, but apparently he sold out a 15,000 arena so who knows.

kingovkings

Reaction score
He is an over rated jack arse, he has little or no in-ring skills shit on the mic and no charisma and way passed his sell by date he ain't got nothing to offer, hell he wasn't all that back in his wwf prime. He may draw some more TV ratings or crowds but only coz ppl are curious as to what he is like after millions of years away from the ring but after 2 weeks the crowds or ratings will drop if they even pick up that is he isn't that much of a draw TBH.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
I'm reading some of these comments and there's people saying that bringing in Warrior would actually bring up the ratings, buy-rates and attendance at PPVs (God knows that if he signs he won't work house shows which is great, the less we see of him the better in my opinion.) But my question to them is: Wasn't Kurt Fucking Angle that guy who was going to take TNA to the next-level? Going on two years now, how has that worked out? They're in the same spot they were, if arguably the greatest wrestler going today can't take TNA to the next-level how in the world will Warrior be able to?

Barurot

Reaction score
So Warrior sold out an NWE show IN ANOTHER CONTINENT!!! He may be over with the fans there but I doubt if he can rake in the crowd in the US of A...

Rell

Reaction score
I'm reading some of these comments and there's people saying that bringing in Warrior would actually bring up the ratings, buy-rates and attendance at PPVs (God knows that if he signs he won't work house shows which is great, the less we see of him the better in my opinion.) But my question to them is: Wasn't Kurt Fucking Angle that guy who was going to take TNA to the next-level? Going on two years now, how has that worked out? They're in the same spot they were, if arguably the greatest wrestler going today can't take TNA to the next-level how in the world will Warrior be able to?

Some people actually said Joe's title reign would do just that, believe it or not. It's a shame how wrong they were.

C4

if arguably the greatest wrestler going today can't take TNA to the next-level how in the world will Warrior be able to?

He did cause a revolution and did actually improve with the live attendance figures for TNA, and he did help the ratings a little bit. Compare them to 2004 and now compare them with today's ratings and events; sure the channel on which Impact! was broadcasted has changed as well, it's SPIKE TV now! :49:

Hell Kurt Angle might be the reason why they are now having shows in larger arena's and are slowly going international, that's why they got bigger talent (i.e. Booker T) later on after Angle was a member of the TNA roster. Also he is the reason they moved to SpikeTV as I mentioned earlier. As for Warrior himself, he can still draw people no matter what the case is and it's not just about the ratings, it's about getting a fan-base all over the world and/or getting better audience figures and that's exactly what TNA is looking for at the moment.

Final Verdict

Reaction score
This nothing more than TNA testing the reaction of the fans, like they did when they mentioned Lesnar, y2j and Goldberg. Its seemed to of created the most controversy so far. Bringing him in for a short deal and his hate for McMahon could stir up some wrestling war controversy in a good way.