Waka Flocka Flame Says Rick Ross Stole His Sound

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Waka Flocka Flame doesn't dabble in rap politics. The outspoken Atlanta rap star hasn't yet mastered the art of being diplomatic and he most likely never will. In his most recent interview with Complex magazine, Waka weighed in on Jay-Z, Kanye West, Rick Ross and other rappers he feels have capitalized off of his rowdy, down-bottom sound.

"What are y'all gonna say now? Jay-Z stupid as hell? My sound is wack? You gonna say that? They love the sound. They can't run away from it. That shit re-sparked n---as' careers. My sound put life into a lot of people's careers. I feel like my sound changed hip-hop. Period," Waka told the magazine. "It's crazy when I came out with it, everybody laughed at it, but the next year everybody's doing it. They getting credit for the sh-- you started. You be like, 'Damn, how is this n---a a genius for doing something I started?' "

"This n---a out here making 30 f---ing songs with your sound," Flocka charged. "He watering it down, just putting words together that sounded good. Sh-- would be harder if it was the truth."

Thirty songs may be a stretch, but still Waka is not flattered by what he sees as imitation. "That sh-- made me tight. N---as built labels off our sound — like, literally. You know how many n---as sound like Lex Luger and Southside?" he asked rhetorically, referencing his second in-house producer Southside. "I go in n---as' studios, all their beats sound like my producers. I be like, What the f---?"

Waka Flocka Flame Says Rick Ross Stole His Sound - Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV.com

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
He sucks... so what does it matter? I don't hear everyone rapping their name in their songs and making up words that sounds like their name. Ah well that guy can talk all he wants... the rap game just blows.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
He's right it's stupid how most mainstream rap beats you hear is all Lex Lugar's style beats and it's getting pretty annoying.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
C'MON Waka don't be one of these "OH HE STOLE MY SOUND" guys

Dademo

Reaction score
Freeway Ricky Ross also got his name stolen from "Rick Ross".

Who cares, they both suck ass at rapping.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Liked Wocka Flocka better when he was called Triple Six Mafia, Pastor Troy, Drama, OR anyone southern rapper from the early 2000s, atleast those guys knew how to do more than a goddamn hook that consisted o f screaming shit, they threw atleast 16 bars, before they screamed shit.

This bum ass rapper.

Ryan

Reaction score
This guy saying that he breathed life into the rap industry is a joke. His beats are all the same, his lyrics sucks, what sound is he even talking about? I cringe whenever I hear his music. I agree with RRS, he can rap worth a shit.