Vince says "NO" to Hogan being Raw GM!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Evil Austin

Several creative team members within WWE suggested to Vince McMahon that Hulk Hogan be brought in to guest host an episode of Monday Night Raw, however, the Chairman of the Board quickly shot down the idea. The main reason is because there is heat between Vince and Hogan as of late, mostly stemming from Hogan's CCW show. Also, it's being said that at this time Vince is focusing on bringing in celebrities who do not work in the wrestling business, and that pro wrestling legends will only be used when it comes time to setup PPV matches.

The Rated R CMStar

That report is actually not correct. Vince shut down Hogan because he doesn't want someone from his star power for this specific angle and prefers to use them to build PPV matches. The CCW deal has nothing to do now.

CenaMark54

Apparently Vince doesn't care about ratings anymore. Hogan should be welcomed back anytime he wants to make an appearance.

Qwake

^ Yeah, if the whole point in this guest GM shit is to get good ratings Vince should have Hogan in there ASAP. While I wouldn't like it many fans would and would most likely watch.

SnackZ

Reaction score
Several creative team members within WWE suggested to Vince McMahon that Hulk Hogan be brought in to guest host an episode of Monday Night Raw, however, the Chairman of the Board quickly shot down the idea. The main reason is because there is heat between Vince and Hogan as of late, mostly stemming from Hogan's CCW show. Also, it's being said that at this time Vince is focusing on bringing in celebrities who do not work in the wrestling business, and that pro wrestling legends will only be used when it comes time to setup PPV matches.

So if for some reason this is a TRUE article and has any legitimacy to it then the bolded line makes me feel good. Gives me the impression that this will lead to people like Austin and/or the Rock to come back to setup a big PPV match like something going into Summerslam or Survivor Series.

And to those hating on Hogan being GM for a night - why the hate? Care to explain why this would not be entertaining? Why this would not lead to a spike in ratings? Are you really in the belief that these guest hosts REALLY make this matches and have the TRUE POWER to control RAW for one night and HOGAN will book himself in a title match???

Hogan = Ratings, like it or not.

Reaction score
I know it's a bit of a stretch, but ever since they started this guest GM thing I have been hoping Hogan would be one of the people to do it. I was thinking maybe he could come in about a month before Sumerslam and something could happen on that Raw with Cena, and it would lead to a match between the two at Summerslam. I knew it was a real long shot but I think it could have been the perfect way for them to increase ratings and get a big buyrate as it seems they are really trying to do right now. On top of that I think it could be a fantastic match. I'm still hoping it will happen one day though, maybe for Wrestlemania next year if Hogan is healthy everything can come together.

Batistafan333

Reaction score
I'm glad that Hogan's not going to be a guest host of RAW. Thanks Vince!!!

Travis40

I know it's a bit of a stretch, but ever since they started this guest GM thing I have been hoping Hogan would be one of the people to do it. I was thinking maybe he could come in about a month before Sumerslam and something could happen on that Raw with Cena, and it would lead to a match between the two at Summerslam. I knew it was a real long shot but I think it could have been the perfect way for them to increase ratings and get a big buyrate as it seems they are really trying to do right now. On top of that I think it could be a fantastic match. I'm still hoping it will happen one day though, maybe for Wrestlemania next year if Hogan is healthy everything can come together.

If Hogan comes back, he's going to win the WWE Title. He even proposed a WWE Title match with him and Cena at WrestleMania.

Reaction score
If Hogan comes back, he's going to win the WWE Title. He even proposed a WWE Title match with him and Cena at WrestleMania.
It wouldn't be a WWE title match. If Hoagn comes back and did face Cena, it's safe to say that the only way Vince would go through with it is in a non title match and if Hogan was willing to be pinned by Cena, which I fully believe he would be willing to do. Personally I think it all comes down to money and how many times Hogan would be willing to appear. Those two issues are what I believe have caused a rift between Vince and Hogan in recent years.

Travis40

It wouldn't be a WWE title match. If Hoagn comes back and did face Cena, it's safe to say that the only way Vince would go through with it is in a non title match and if Hogan was willing to be pinned by Cena, which I fully believe he would be willing to do. Personally I think it all comes down to money and how many times Hogan would be willing to appear. Those two issues are what I believe have caused a rift between Vince and Hogan in recent years.

There's no way that Hogan would agree to lose to Cena, and he's probably not going to be in less than a WWE Title match.