Vince says "NO" to Hogan being Raw GM!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
That report is actually not correct. Vince shut down Hogan because he doesn't want someone from his star power for this specific angle and prefers to use them to build PPV matches. The CCW deal has nothing to do now.

I read this same report as well. But I'm not going to say which report I read on the internet is 100% true and which is not for I have no idea which is.

Reaction score
There's no way that Hogan would agree to lose to Cena,
Why wouldn't he? He has proven plenty of times that he is willing to lose if it's to someone that deserves it. Hogan has praised Cena before so I don't see him having any problem being pinned by him to sort of pass the torch. Cena is also the top star in the WWE and will be for many years to come. There is no way that Vince would even allow the match to happen unless Cena got the victory. Hulk Hogan is smart enough to know that there is no way this match will happen unless he takes the loss to Cena. Given Hogan's age, it would more than likely be his last match, which is all the more reason that I don't think he would have a problem losing.

and he's probably not going to be in less than a WWE Title match.
This is just silly. He came back in 2005 and in 2006, and neither time was he in a WWE title match. A match with the biggest star of all time going up against the current face of wrestling is bigger than a title match.

Travis40

Why wouldn't he? He has proven plenty of times that he is willing to lose if it's to someone that deserves it.

You do remember that this is Hulk Hogan we're talking about? Right? The same guy that agreed to return in 2005 to face Shawn Michaels in 2 matches, 1 at SummerSlam, and a cage match at Unforgiven. He won the SS match and agreed to lose to Michaels at Unforgiven, but somehow he got "injured", and backed out of the match. Hulk Hogan doesn't give a flying fuck about anybody except himself, and he's made that evident in the past 5 years.

Reaction score
You do remember that this is Hulk Hogan we're talking about? Right?
Sure do. The same guy that took a pinfall loss to Warrior, Goldberg and the Rock, 3 people that were all going to be or were already mega stars and were in the prime of their careers, and he passed the torch to them. John Cena fits right in with those guys, leaving me little doubt that he would have no problem taking a loss to Cena.

The same guy that agreed to return in 2005 to face Shawn Michaels in 2 matches, 1 at SummerSlam, and a cage match at Unforgiven. He won the SS match and agreed to lose to Michaels at Unforgiven, but somehow he got "injured", and backed out of the match.
Can you prove that he wasn't really injured, because I bet you can't. And even if he wasn't, so what? It didn't even make sense for Hogan to lose to Shawn Michaels. Shawn Michaels was 40 years old and a win wasn't going to help elevate him, and at that point in his career, a loss wasn't going to hurt him. Clearly Vince McMahon wasn't too bent out of shape about it since he brought Hogan back one year later.

Hulk Hogan doesn't give a flying fuck about anybody except himself, and he's made that evident in the past 5 years.
Meh, maybe that's true. But I think the same could be said for the majority of guys near the top. To be successful in this business you have to look out for yourself first and foremost, which is why so many top guys have a reputation of being selfish. Doesn't change the fact that Hogan has put over his fair share of guys and has lost big matches before, and given the fact that he has given praise to Cena in the past, he would be willing to take a loss to him.

Travis40

Can you prove that he wasn't really injured, because I bet you can't. And even if he wasn't, so what? It didn't even make sense for Hogan to lose to Shawn Michaels. Shawn Michaels was 40 years old and a win wasn't going to help elevate him, and at that point in his career, a loss wasn't going to hurt him. Clearly Vince McMahon wasn't too bent out of shape about it since he brought Hogan back one year later.

Hogan wasn't even an active wrestler. It would've made much more sense if Michaels had beaten Hogan. You've also only given me 3 examples of people that Hogan put over, although I don't think Rock was made to look very good in that fued, all he did the entire build to WM was get his ass kicked. The actual match made Rock look good, but Hogan looked strong the entire fued, and possibly took away from Rock.

Reaction score
Hogan wasn't even an active wrestler. It would've made much more sense if Michaels had beaten Hogan.
No it wouldn’t. Michaels wasn’t going to benefit from a win, and wasn’t hurt by the loss. Hogan could have been hurt by the loss though. Hogan can still be a draw if he wrestles one big match a year, because it’s still a huge deal to beat him. But if he were to lose, it becomes less of a big deal the next time he comes back for a feud. If you want proof of that, look no further than Mick Foley. He would wrestle only on special occasions, and everytime he would lose to the current star. After a while it wasn’t a big deal to have him come back anymore. So why risk hurting Hogan’s drawing power by having him lose to a 40 year old that won’t benefit from it, and also won’t be harmed by a loss?

You've also only given me 3 examples of people that Hogan put over,
Because we are talking about Hogan losing a match to John Cena, and these are 3 examples of guys who are similar in status to John Cena. You want more guys that Hogan has put over? Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, Edge, The Undertaker, Sting, Lex Lugar, The Giant, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, pretty much the entire NWO for that matter, the list could go on.

although I don't think Rock was made to look very good in that fued, all he did the entire build to WM was get his ass kicked. The actual match made Rock look good, but Hogan looked strong the entire fued, and possibly took away from Rock.
Which sounds like the majority of heel vs. face feuds. The Rock (the face) was beat down several times in the build up by Hogan (the heel), only to go over him at the PPV. The problem was that the fans in Toronto went crazy for Hogan and even boo’d the Rock. Not Hogan’s fault. He agreed to lose and make the Rock look good in a passing of the torch match, the fans just chose Hogan over the Rock.

Travis40

No it wouldn’t. Michaels wasn’t going to benefit from a win, and wasn’t hurt by the loss. Hogan could have been hurt by the loss though. Hogan can still be a draw if he wrestles one big match a year, because it’s still a huge deal to beat him. But if he were to lose, it becomes less of a big deal the next time he comes back for a feud. If you want proof of that, look no further than Mick Foley. He would wrestle only on special occasions, and everytime he would lose to the current star. After a while it wasn’t a big deal to have him come back anymore. So why risk hurting Hogan’s drawing power by having him lose to a 40 year old that won’t benefit from it, and also won’t be harmed by a loss?

Hogan couldn't have been hurt by a loss. And the Foley example that you use, nobody cares anymore because he's there every 6 months, it's not just a big deal. Most of those people that you name, wouldn't have benefited from a win, if we're going with your logic. Those guys you named are - Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, Edge, The Undertaker, Sting, Lex Lugar, The Giant, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall.

Brock Lesnar didn't really need the win, he was already on his way to being the biggest star already, but the Hogan win helped.

Angle had already been a WWE Champion, IC Champion, Tag Champion, European Champ, and a WCW Champ before facing Hogan. Hogan never did anything for Angle's career.

Edge sure as hell didn't get helped by Hogan. At that point, Edge was just a lower midcarder, who had the occasional big match, which he would always lose. Edge was still years away from his first WWE Championship.

The Undertaker won his first WWE Title from Hulk Hogan.....but lost it only 6 days later to? You guessed it, Hulk Hogan. If anything, Hogan hurt Undertaker's career. The second time they faced, 2002, Taker had already peaked.

Sting had beaten many stars, and had won the WCW Title long before Hogan came around WCW. Sting had beaten Jake Roberts, Vader, Rick Rude, and Foley.

Lex Luger had already won titles in WCW, and challenged for the WWE Title before ever facing Hogan. Luger had fueded with guys like Yokozuna and Bret Hart, before Hogan came along.

Big Show's career started by help from Hogan, but when he entered WCW, he was made to look like a bitch. Hogan threw Show off the roof of the building, only for Big Show to come out and challenge for the title later that night. When they first face, Show wins the title by Hogan, but they added a spin to it so Hogan was never pinned or submitted. The next time they faced 1 on 1, it was in a cage match, and Hogan all but squashed him. Hogan beat Show a couple of months later to win the WCW Title (again).

Kevin Nash? Are you fucking kidding me? Nash had already been WWE Champion, and had been Shawn Michaels' bodyguard. Diesel was an IC Champ. Nash had even main evented a WrestleMania before Hogan came into the picture. Nash even laid down for Hogan lol, you're crazy if you think Hogan even helped Nash's career.

Scott Hall had already been in a fued with Shawn Michaels and won the IC Title in one of the greatest matches ever at WrestleMania X. He also had multiple WWE Title shots against Bret Hart before facing Hogan. Hall's career had already peaked.

and yeah, Hogan helped guys in the NWO like...
Vincent
X Pac
Buff Bagwell
Nick Patrick
Konnan
Big Boss Man
Scott Norton
Ed Leslie
Brian Adams
Stevie Ray