Vince Needs To Push More Stars

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LKP

As I reported last week, WWE is making it a priority to develop new stars. The wrestlers that will receive more attention are MVP, John Morrison, Mike Knox, Dolph Ziggler and others. Vince is said to be into the "making new stars" attitude now more than he has been since the 1990s. The reason for wanting to develop new stars is because The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels are out of action, and he sees some long-term problems with the current stars because of their age.
- lordsofpain (originally from WrestlingObserver)

Sounds very good to me, besides Mike Knox, but meh. If you actually look at today's main eventers most of them have already peaked (Triple H, Batista, Undertaker, Michaels) so it makes sense for WWE to finally start pushing the younger talent. So far they've done a pretty good job in building John Cena, Edge, Jeff Hardy and (HHH fued aside) Randy Orton as credible stars. I do think John Morrison, Christian and MVP have the potential to be world champions one day, and possibly Matt Hardy. There is tons of young talent on all three WWE rosters and I'm glad it seems that WWE is finally going to start taking advantage of it.

With Undertaker and Batista considering retirement, rumors about Michaels retiring and Jeff Hardy possibly leaving WWE this summer it really does narrow down the main event scene a fair bit.

CT Styles

I really don't get the point of this thread because there's no point for discussion. You're just saying it's a good idea and it makes sense.

Reaction score
He will LKP...it's either that or have no business, and thus no money. One thing Vince don't like is being a day late or a dollar short. It'll all work out WWE's got a field full of rich potential to work with. They just have to know what to do with it.

seX-Power

Morrison- AWESOME
MVP- AWESOME
Knox- AWESOME
Ziggler- AWESOME

this better be true

MikeRaw

I think you just put it in the wrong section. That's my guess anyways, and yes, he does need to push new guys, and he is. Although it's not just him. But people are makign it out to look like it's worse than it is. It's not like they need to go and push 15 guys to the maine vent. 2 or 3 new maineventers by the end of the year should do. Punk could already be considered a main eventer, regardless of who likes him or not. He's beat some big names like JBL, Kane, Jericho, and Edge, and has won a WHC, as well as two MITB's. So pushing him doesn't really count. If they push MVP, Morrison, and either Kennedy or someone else into legit main eventers by the end of the year, they'll be in great shape.

LKP

I agree mike id love to see anyone of those main eventing a show by the end of the year. Who will it be though? Im going with Morrison.

LKP

I think you just put it in the wrong section. That's my guess anyways, and yes, he does need to push new guys, and he is. Although it's not just him. But people are makign it out to look like it's worse than it is. It's not like they need to go and push 15 guys to the maine vent. 2 or 3 new maineventers by the end of the year should do. Punk could already be considered a main eventer, regardless of who likes him or not. He's beat some big names like JBL, Kane, Jericho, and Edge, and has won a WHC, as well as two MITB's. So pushing him doesn't really count. If they push MVP, Morrison, and either Kennedy or someone else into legit main eventers by the end of the year, they'll be in great shape.

Hmm, I think I disagree with this. Punk might have beaten alot of big names but I don't really think many fans consider him as a genuine main eventer. His main event run was short, forgettable and the booking was absolutely awful. He was treated like a mid-carder, and unless WWE start booking him properly again then his second title reign (if it happens) is not gonna start well either. I mean, why is a babyface running down after every main event match hoping to steal a pin on the heel champion? He just looks like a coward, IMO.

The Rated R CMStar

I mean, why is a babyface running down after every main event match hoping to steal a pin on the heel champion? He just looks like a coward, IMO

Seeing how he has tried to cash it in on actual matches against Edge and has been screwed by Umaga, it makes perfect sense for him to try the out of nowhere scenario.

If anything, bash the first way he won the belt cashing in MITB. Even if it was surprising and exciting, it was odd for a babyface.

aufman

Reaction score
The only star that Vince truly needs to push even more is Jeff Hardy. He needs to get rid of Matt Hardy once and for all.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^This guy needs to be banned...

mancilla 86

Reaction score
i think vince should also push new segments that are entertaining and keep you watching..maybe a new hornswoggle storyline or even more of the khali kiss cam

Corndog

Reaction score
i think vince should also push new segments that are entertaining and keep you watching..maybe a new hornswoggle storyline or even more of the khali kiss cam

That doesn't keep my watching.

Dolph Ziggler's pretty cool. Kennedy is entertaining. CM Punk is slowly becoming my fav in the WWE and I actually like The Miz. The talent is there it's all about giving them the 'ol push.

mancilla 86

Reaction score
well i like them..but what i mean is that wwe isnt just going to focus on superstars wrestling vince wants them to be "entertaining" which means they new new segments like back in the attitude days..lets not forget that wwe is pg so vince wants something aimed for kids(hornswoggle)