• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vince McMahon was the one that ENDED THE UNDERTAKER STREAK AT WM30?!

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
The guy obviously has some legit contacts and has been in the business for decades, what's not to trust about him that there are about others? If I had to put my trust on anyone, it'd be him by a long shot (which I do, I'm a subscriber~!).

If it was Vince's decision, smart call. If Undertaker really couldn't go any longer, why not give the streak to someone like Lesnar? The guy was losing his attraction appeal quick (and that's mainly because of their absolutely shite booking for him), this gave him it back. Plus, it just adds something else for Heyman to brag about.
I don't trust Meltzer. At all.

leojay

Champion
Reaction score
I don't trust Meltzer. At all.

Yet he's got quite a good handful of his reports right over the years? If not most?

People make mistakes, and things change. Sure he might get quite a few things wrong, but he also gets quite a few things right. There is a reason why his reports are so highly respected and sourced by the majority of dirtsheets, and are only really mocked by ignoramus's (look what I just implied~!). Listen to F4W's radio shows, they're pretty neat.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I don't understand how people ignore the fact he was 21-0. Sure, it's traditional to go out on your back, but none of them were 21-0 at wrestlemania. Sometimes you throw your book of logic out the window. Dipshits who ignore that are kidding themselves. Furthemore, is it a foregone conclusion that he is done wrestling? He doesn't have one more in him? Unless you all know something that I don't know, it's not set in stone. He could easily return next year and end his career with a W.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I don't, in fact I think that's just the more reason for him to lose. Lesnar was losing steam, this will bring him right back up.

He probably wasn't the best choice, but you can't fault their logic.
I was more saying that I don't think that just because he was retiring should be the reason he loses. I am fine with him losing, but the excuse that every wrestler does it seems a little lazy. Most wrestlers don't have that sort of thing hanging over their head.I don't believe the decision was solely "Oh, he's done, he's gotta lose"

Hell, I wouldn't doubt if he wrestled next year. I'll bet on it actually.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Yet he's got quite a good handful of his reports right over the years? If not most?

People make mistakes, and things change. Sure he might get quite a few things wrong, but he also gets quite a few things right. There is a reason why his reports are so highly respected and sourced by the majority of dirtsheets, and are only really mocked by ignoramus's (look what I just implied~!). Listen to F4W's radio shows, they're pretty neat.

Good to find another person who actually takes Meltzer seriously.

I've always been astonished at how much hate the guy gets from people on this forum. Anyone who has read his Observer reports from over the years would know that the man has been right far, far more times than he's been wrong, and it doesn't hurt that he's also respected by many people within the actual industry, like Chris Jericho, Ric Flair, Steve Austin (kind of), Mick Foley (kind of), Terry Funk, Paul Heyman, Scott Steiner, Bill Watts and others. Vince McMahon has even agreed to conduct interviews with him in the past. Although McMahon did once say "I respect Meltzer's right to reveal stuff that is really none of his business", when they both appeared as separate guests on The Phil Donohue Show back in 1992 at the height of the WWF's sex scandals, Vince can be seen whispering something into Meltzer's ear either right before or right after they cut to or from a commercial break (supposedly, he told Dave that being on the show felt like the longest hour of his life.)

Last edited:

Muur

The Artiste
Reaction score
Cba viewing the video but unless Vince got powers to posses Lesnar, Bork ended the streak.

The only thing Vince can take credit for it ending is him accepting Taker's wish to end it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I was more saying that I don't think that just because he was retiring should be the reason he loses. I am fine with him losing, but the excuse that every wrestler does it seems a little lazy. Most wrestlers don't have that sort of thing hanging over their head.I don't believe the decision was solely "Oh, he's done, he's gotta lose"

Hell, I wouldn't doubt if he wrestled next year. I'll bet on it actually.
You have the biggest rub of all time ready for someone and your decision would be nobody gets the rub? that is defo not best for business slick