Vince doesn't like Kevin Owens' overweight size

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Wort noting is that just because Vince doesn't like Owens physical look doesn't mean he dislikes Owens as a performer. It's pretty obvious he is highly valued.
Bingo, serious question how long has he spent without a title since he was called up? If Vince had any meaningful vendetta against him he wouldn't have been as protected as he has been.

Reactions: Stopspot

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Bingo, serious question how long has he spent without a title since he was called up? If Vince had any meaningful vendetta against him he wouldn't have been as protected as he has been.
I crunched the numbers and if I got this right, Owens has been without a belt for a total of 11 months on the main roster (if we combine two half months into one whole one).

He debuted on the main roster in the spring of 2015 and it is now late spring of 2017 so that's not shabby statistics at all. The dude has basically always been involved in a title program, or circling one. Even more so when you count his NXT run which basically just consisted of either holding the NXT belt or trying to win it.

collim1

The Artiste
Reaction score
Big KO fan, but man I can't help but notice that big belly lately. It's that big giant hard belly that is not healthy for you.

His skills and agility are very impressive, but I want to see him slim down just for health reasons so he can stick around. Weight like that can be hard to lose and it will take a lot of work.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Vince likely doesn't like his size because it is a health risk. Other than that, everyone knows Vince likes what he does. He brings ratings up. He entertains.

SWAGSUKE

The Artiste
Banned
Reaction score
So, I was reading on my phone about how some dirtsheets are saying that Vince McMahon doesn't like Kevin Owens' physical look. He usually prefers guys that have a sort of a Brock Lesnar physique.

All muscles, and talent. But Kevin Owens seems to be a good talent. He's heel, but fuck, man. You don't see someone like Kevin Owens often. The guy seems to know what the fuck he's doing. I'm impressed despite the physique that he has. Of everyone else, Owens stands out like a sore thumb.

Opinions...? Comments..?

It's an upper body business, pal!

:kiss::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Whoever doesn't think KO is a badazz should check his days out in ROH as Kevin Steen.........The MF Badazz of ROH!............... Kill Steen Kill!!!!!!!

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Idk if it's just the shaved beard but I thought KO looked a bit slimmer on Smackdown recently

And for Vince not liking his size, he still seems to not mind pushing KO pretty well. KO has held the US, IC, and Universal title now. That's way above and beyond most the locker room

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
This whole thing sounds like bs. Owens is over all the fucking time and I'm sure he will be WWE champ on smackdown this year at some point.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Being over isn't enough. You have to prove you can draw. Right now Owens is being given a chance to do that on Smackdown and he is not succeeding.

How do you evaluate whether Owens is drawing or not? ....Everybody I know only tunes into SD to see Owens or AJ and previously only watched RAW for Jericho/KO

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Kevin Owens is the best goddamn part of RAW or SD.... The Face Of America

I wish he was EVEN! more fat like a Bam Bam Bigelow or something, would look like more of a threat, Fuck Vince, some of the greatest talents of all time are big guys.

I'm pretty sure he was alot bigger at one point & I'm guessing the reason he was smaller upon reaching WWE isn't a coincidence. Also why the shit do they make every single heel a coward who runs away from the face or slides under the rope & out of the ring when the face gets in the ring.... It makes ZERO sense.

They have to look like some what of a threat atleast & you don't want to make them look completely ridiculous in the event they have to turn face, you want it to look like "Now you're in trouble, this badass is one of us good guys now" Not "Oh no, it's that guy that gets beat up and loses every single match"

The one thing I loved about HHH as a heel is he still won matches, even without cheating sometimes so that he still looked like a challenge in big match situations. I wanna see Kevin Owens as a BIG, mean, badass that beats the shit out of people & makes fun of them

KILL
STEEN
KILL

FIGHT
OWENS
FIGHT

19478f51d18640b5ae17ec539f418286.jpg

13129526_471944159665200_1420027799_n.jpg

Tom Colohue

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.theartisticresponse.com
How do you evaluate whether Owens is drawing or not? ....Everybody I know only tunes into SD to see Owens or AJ and previously only watched RAW for Jericho/KO
Ratings, live show attendances, merchandise sales and attendances at special appearances. Lately this also includes YouTube hits on the WWE YouTube, website hits and guest shows such as the Sam Roberts podcast. Twitter mentions, Facebook shares, it's all there.