Vince doesn't like Kevin Owens' overweight size

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
So, I was reading on my phone about how some dirtsheets are saying that Vince McMahon doesn't like Kevin Owens' physical look. He usually prefers guys that have a sort of a Brock Lesnar physique.

All muscles, and talent. But Kevin Owens seems to be a good talent. He's heel, but fuck, man. You don't see someone like Kevin Owens often. The guy seems to know what the fuck he's doing. I'm impressed despite the physique that he has. Of everyone else, Owens stands out like a sore thumb.

Opinions...? Comments..?

Last edited:

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Well yeah, Vince's personal preference has been so well-documented at this point that it'd be ridiculous to think that Owens physique is something Vince is a huge fan of. Here's the thing though, that's clearly irrelevant. Owens beat Cena clean, held the Universal Championship for most of it's conception (granted he wasn't their first choice but the fact that he was their second choice speaks volumes), Goldberg only beat him for the title due to 'interference', & he's currently the Face of America on Smackdown. If Vince has an issue with his size, which I don't doubt, he's clearly not letting that affect Kevin Owens career.

Last edited:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
KO's awesome.

His size/physique doesn't matter, 'cause he can go in that ring and is great on the mic.

CiV

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Yes, that's why he's been super protected since he came to the main roster, beat John Cena clean, was the second ever Universal Champion, is a multiple time IC Champion and the current US Champion. And yes, was squashed by Goldberg, but then again, so was Brock Lesnar, so I would say that's forgivable.

I do feel Owens could slim down a bit (his look back in NXT was him at his physical peak), but I highly doubt there's much truth to Vince having a problem with him.

Reactions: Aids Johnson

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
He hasn't done too badly though, pushed hard right from the get go. US Champ, Universal Champ, beat Cena, Reigns, Rollins. Didn't even lose to Goldberg clean. Maybe Vince isn't too high on KO but HHH is, and HHH straps rockets to his guys/gals and pushes them to the moon. No need to be worried about KO. Every now and then there's a news piece about Vince not liking KO, but it just feels like fear mongering because its not like KO is being misused.

I'm not a big fan of KO's look myself, especially now that he's shaved the beard off, he just looks like a fan who has jumped the guard rail. I cant take him seriously as a "badass".

I think his Uni' title run was proof enough that Vince didn't see him as a credible heavyweight.

Its how WWE book all their heels thesedays. Lets not get all "poor KO" here, every heel in WWE is booked like a coward. But on that note its what heels do, heels are underhanded and cheat to get heat. I dont get why people are so against heels being heels thesedays. And KO needs help being booked to be a heel because otherwise he sucks up to the fans all the time.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
He hasn't done too badly though, pushed hard right from the get go. US Champ, Universal Champ, beat Cena, Reigns, Rollins. Didn't even lose to Goldberg clean. Maybe Vince isn't too high on KO but HHH is, and HHH straps rockets to his guys/gals and pushes them to the moon. No need to be worried about KO. Every now and then there's a news piece about Vince not liking KO, but it just feels like fear mongering because its not like KO is being misused.

I'm not a big fan of KO's look myself, especially now that he's shaved the beard off, he just looks like a fan who has jumped the guard rail. I cant take him seriously as a "badass".

Its how WWE book all their heels thesedays. Lets not get all "poor KO" here, every heel in WWE is booked like a coward. But on that note its what heels do, heels are underhanded and cheat to get heat. I dont get why people are so against heels being heels thesedays. And KO needs help being booked to be a heel because otherwise he sucks up to the fans all the time.

My thing is that if they'd booked him as the 'prizefighter' and not Jericho's BFF and gave him a clean, dominant, win here and there to remain relevant That would've been a great alternative to what we got.

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
My thing is that if they'd booked him as the 'prizefighter' and not Jericho's BFF and gave him a clean, dominant, win here and there to remain relevant That would've been a great alternative to what we got.

But its not how WWE book any heels, its not just KO. Even HHH's adopted son; Seth Rollins was booked as a chicken shit heel.

KO fits the cowardly heel role as well, his prizefighter gimmick worked on the Indys were he was bigger than most other guys but in WWE where he's just a short, fat guy its a little ahrd to believe he'd destroy a Reigns, Rollins, Cena, etc.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
But its not how WWE book any heels, its not just KO. Even HHH's adopted son; Seth Rollins was booked as a chicken shit heel.

KO fits the cowardly heel role as well, his prizefighter gimmick worked on the Indys were he was bigger than most other guys but in WWE where he's just a short, fat guy its a little hard to believe he'd destroy a Reigns, Rollins, Cena, etc.

Rollins' championship run was shit for the most part too. Granted, Owens doesn't do himself any favors by maintaining the dad bod however it makes him stand out. He doesn't have to be 6 foot and 250 lbs of pure testosterone and muscle. He could at the very least be a credible threat to anyone besides Lesnar or Reigns. His little program with Cena when he first debuted seemed to be going toward that.

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
Rollins' championship run was shit for the most part too. Granted, Owens doesn't do himself any favors by maintaining the dad bod however it makes him stand out. He doesn't have to be 6 foot and 250 lbs of pure testosterone and muscle. He could at the very least be a credible threat to anyone besides Lesnar or Reigns. His little program with Cena when he first debuted seemed to be going toward that.

Its just the way WWE do heels. Even Strowman routinely backs down from people.

He doesn't have to be an adonis, but this little short guy, with a gut and no muscle definition on his arms whatsoever just doesn't strike me as a badass in a company that has Lesnar, Strowman, Kane, Show, Rusev, etc, etc. who are all much more imposing. Cowardly heel suits KO.

Hybrid

The Artiste
Reaction score
Owens reminds me of people like Vader, Bam Bam, Big Boss Man, etc. A big guy that can move scares me more than a guy with muscles that can't do much.

Eva Maryse

The Artiste
Reaction score
Owens reminds me of people like Vader, Bam Bam, Big Boss Man, etc. A big guy that can move scares me more than a guy with muscles that can't do much.

He's not really a big guy though, Vader, Bam Bam were giants with some weight on him. KO is an average height guy with a gut.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Well yeah, Vince's personal preference has been so well-documented at this point that it'd be ridiculous to think that Owens physique is something Vince is a huge fan of. Here's the thing though, that's clearly irrelevant. Owens beat Cena clean, held the Universal Championship for most of it's conception (granted he wasn't their first choice but the fact that he was their second choice speaks volumes), Goldberg only beat him for the title due to 'interference', & he's currently the Face of America on Smackdown. If Vince has an issue with his size, which I don't doubt, he's clearly not letting that affect Kevin Owens career.
I know, but what the dirtsheet says is that Vince is tired of the "overweightness" of Owens. This is the story I read on my phone. It was on my CM Security feed. When I googled it, I also found this. I wondered why all of a sudden Owens was wearing a suit. This is a Vince McMahon move, damn. I thought it was a after U.S. title win thing, but it's not so.

It's like this, one day, Reigns came out with a suit after the whole alcohol suspension last year. Now, THAT I understand, but this? Maaaaaan, Vince must be very hard to "please" these days.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Wort noting is that just because Vince doesn't like Owens physical look doesn't mean he dislikes Owens as a performer. It's pretty obvious he is highly valued.

Last edited:
Reactions: seabs