Video Game Movies: What do you think?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kassidy

Reaction score
Well 3 pages later guess ill pop back in to my topic lol;

I have never and will never pay to see a shitty game adaptation and I'm probably in the minority for that. When Prince of Persia came out, I took every poster at the theater and burned them; I read the leaked script online and that is the only reason I know how bad that movie is, As soon as I read that he was a adopted street kid I swore that movie off to near nonexistence, I don't understand why Disney didn't just make a live action Aladdin cuz that is all it was and probably would have gotten a better reception.

Every adaption is more than likely going to fail and Bioware members don't even really want it made, I am curios to know who made the deal if key members in the company don't like the idea of the movie. The more than likely thing will be a paragon Shep with a love interest in ash and god knows how much of the story changed.

The length of games, such as Mass Effect one isn't really cuz of the key story, its everything add to the game for user experience and side missions ; imo If they just did the main story in Mass Effect 1, that's a perfect movie but we all know to well that won't happen. Also if they wanted to keep the majority of fans happy they could use their stats of how the game was played and use the choices that were most used in the game.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
The antagonist in the very first Prince of Persia, is an evil wizard named Jaffar. He kidnaps a princess, and her love(not a prince at the time) is thrown in the dungeon. 11 days after defeating Jaffar the Sultan agrees to allow The Hero to marry his daughter, but not before Jaffar transforms his appearance into that of a lowly beggar as Jaffar disguised himself as the now Prince and cast him out to sea. He is shipwrecked, and escapes via magic carpet. He is visited by the ghost of his mother, who reveals they had to abandon him so that he could live.

I could keep going about the plot of the 3rd game in the series Prince of Persia 3D, but I am pretty sure everyone is drawing comparisons to Aladdin now, and are also trying to figure out what your problem with the movie is, as he is a beggar in the first game(although it wasn't really revealed he was one until the second), the only issue with the movie, is if you have played the newer games, the ending is ruined within minutes of the movie being on.

Kassidy

Reaction score
That is not the plot of the Game Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time which is what they called the movie; if this was just called Prince of Persia and was based off the game from 89 there wouldn't be to many problems but the fact is they named it and cited after the modern trilogy that it's nothing like. Modern day trilogy He was a actual prince from the start, he is a son of the sultan, the princess is from another kingdom entirely and not his way into the family.

They broke the series into pieces and then mashed up what they wanted very poorly.

Last edited:

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
The new TMNT comic book is mashing up the original comics, the "Archie" cartoon, and the "2000's" cartoon to create a singular storyline, although it goes completely against the TMNT Forever movie, it does a fine job of blending all the differing histories, and adding to the richness of the series. Blending the stories from the Apple 2 & Gamecube games made for a better story honestly, nobody wants to root for the guy who has it all, so being the son of a Sultan would work very poorly with movie goers, but thanks to previous games in the same "universe", they could have an underdog story that would go over very well. It also tries to hit both generations of gamers at once.

I don't get the flash the movie gets honestly. I thought it was a pretty good flick.

I agree, the ending bit was a piss off, but other than that the action & stunts were well done.