UWF - Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Heads out of the gutter, gentlemen...

[MENTION=2245]Rated R Superstar[/MENTION] I got to pitch a number of things at a Marketing meeting yesterday, most of which got accepted/considered. Feeling slightly less :RUSSO: since then. But you're right, I always DO have an idea. They don't always work though. We'll see what happens here. And writing as a woman is fun (for me at least). You need to be in a different mindset to do it properly, though, and not everyone can go there.

What going gay? 8D

Honestly, it just seems really dumb to me.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Be interesting to see if you guys can use the Divas better than they do in real life. I'm waging you probably can.

EDIT - And by 'use' I mean in a wrestling storyline sense, as opposed to any sexual innuendo you dirty buggers.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Slim and I posted at the same time lol

I was like.. dude he completely ignored Edge... and then I was like oh... well dang it :p

But as far as writing as a female character. It is fun. They can say things and do things that guys can't and it'd be accepted. It requires a little more creativity but until you fully grasp your diva by her breasts... ummm... by her... mind... then you just won't fully understand. It is an acquired taste for sure but once you get it... it just rolls.

I had my Phoenix character run for 6 years. And I had Trish run alongside Rock for 2 years. I even TT'd for one match solely as Trish and won.

And as far as ideas go... I guarantee you that Pete is not the only one that always has ideas. I got them always runnin through my mind like what I got planned for Edge... and his future :D

Pete

Reaction score
Sure, a man writing for a woman may stereotype her a little more than a man writing for a man. But considering how stereotypical most MALE fed characters are, there's not really a huge difference in the end. You don't need to go gay. Just think of the women you know and how they act/react/think.

Lewb

Reaction score
Can I just say; I don't think the single PPVs are working. And I don't think theyre working for 2 reasons. 1; NXT characters are getting a match every PPV atm. 2; Every PPV is being met with a supershow from the other side. Whilst singular PPVs are being used then Supershows should be banned in my opinion.

Lewb

Reaction score
Maybe not so much, but get rid of the supershows. They're just PPV's in sheeps clothing. each show should be restricted to one month of full regular shows when the other brand has a PPV.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I agree with my tag partner there. SuperShows are kinda cheapening the whole idea of one show housing a PPV. And with NXT on every ppv its like... well... okay.

But yeah... if its gonna stay as one show per PPV and then have both shows combined for those few BIG ppvs... then we should leave the SuperShows off... unless they would also be randomly put together... like a combined supershow. Otherwise we're keeping things the same... but just having one show have a PPV and one show have a SuperShow, and then trading back and forth.

ShanegoFett

Reaction score
I may as well through my two cents in and say I agree with the supershow/ppv discussion. I think supershows do take away from any build up thats going on for that brand, and then its also just more work for those writers. NXT getting a lot of time doesnt bother me though, I get why, its an exposure kind of thing. But it does limit, (I feel this way, perhaps I dont see it through) the feuds that can go on, because you have weekly shows in addition to every single pay per view. and when your roster doesnt have a lot of depth, that can be a bitch to deal with. I also think there is nothing wrong with having a World title match on a SD as long as it has build to it. If the title changes hands, cool. Shouldnt have to be at every ppv or supershow.

just my thoughts on the matter

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler