UWF - Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I kinda want to get some personal opinions from everybody on what you've seen so far.

When a show gets posted, u see a lot of comments saying how great it was, and i think a lot of that is a show of respect for all that hard work put in. I appreciate that, but I wanna know what u really think.

Is there something that u guys think we can improve on? Or something that we aren't doing that we should be doing?

Aniking

Reaction score
I'll let you guys know if I don't like something, I honestly will. I asked questions about the United States title situation, which ended up being cleared up for me as I missed something, but if there's anything else you will know.

The general "the show was good" is usually out of respect, but also combined with everybody being relatively easy to please.

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I kinda want to get some personal opinions from everybody on what you've seen so far.

When a show gets posted, u see a lot of comments saying how great it was, and i think a lot of that is a show of respect for all that hard work put in. I appreciate that, but I wanna know what u really think.

Is there something that u guys think we can improve on? Or something that we aren't doing that we should be doing?

Dresden Dose comeback maybe?

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
The only beef I've honestly got with UWF at the moment, and this is a personal thing and nothing against Cwalker is with all these titles and I feel like CaptainxBumout is being held back with the Hardcore Title and same with Sammeh as the European Champion.

They're are incredibly hard opponents to beat and I can think of a hand full of guys on the current roster who can happily stand up to them and almost all of them are in the main event area as it is.

The shows are really well structured and exciting but aren't blowing all the huge surprises and just over the dramaticness in one go, pacing is good and they keep a good flow.

WE NEED TAG TEAMS TOO!!!! *WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE*

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Speaking with Bronzy who said he's had some irl shit on his plate, just thought I'd let you guys know.

Killz

Reaction score
Dresdon Dose would be sick, all for that (Y)

Tag-team gold would also be relatively sweet if that's even remotely on the cards, I'd put my hands up for an attempt to build a successful division.

RE shows = match quality is genuinely 'great' so when I say good show you know at least the match quality is in fact good. Layout and formatting is always perfect. Haven't seen a problem with booking yet so I'd say that too is great. I think you do yourself a disservice Cwalker by thinking it might just be respect or generic 'good show' compliments. If anything the first couple shows were very straightforward and, whilst good, this was a far cry from the last show with LOTS of build. Maybe a good balance could be struck between LOADS going on and the expected going on? This can be real tough though cause people dont TT and swap characters etc..

But seriously I'm pulling something out just 'cause you've mentioned it bro :p if you end up producing the type of shows you have been doing for a few months this fed will be beyond a legit fed. Just keep at it!

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
The only beef I've honestly got with UWF at the moment, and this is a personal thing and nothing against Cwalker is with all these titles and I feel like CaptainxBumout is being held back with the Hardcore Title and same with Sammeh as the European Champion.

They're are incredibly hard opponents to beat and I can think of a hand full of guys on the current roster who can happily stand up to them and almost all of them are in the main event area as it is.

The shows are really well structured and exciting but aren't blowing all the huge surprises and just over the dramaticness in one go, pacing is good and they keep a good flow.

WE NEED TAG TEAMS TOO!!!! *WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE*

I thank you for your kind words sir and everyone else who has sent me messages or commented that they like my Ambrose. The thing is I was asked by Itch where I wanted to start and I said the bottom since I hadn't TT'd in about 3 years. I feel I've gotten better but I think me and Sam's respective titles compliment us so much. I don't mind holding the title but I would like to be featured a little more like I was in the past. I have an overall arc with my Ambrose character and everything thus far works really well for it.

I'm all for tag team title but I don't think there will be any real competition since we don't have any real tag teams. I also feel we have too many titles. I don't understand why we need a European and United States champion since they're both the same teir or at least that's the way I see it.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
The reason why we have a United States Championship is because we had so much superstars at the begining.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

As for the tag teams and tag team titles. I like the idea but honestly, who would be in a tag division? Maybe EoR and Rey, Sam and Lewb. Who else? I'd forget about tag teams since we don't have enough of them. If people create some tag teams and it would be enough to start a tag division then I'm all in for it.

Last edited:

Aniking

Reaction score

The thing is, as Bumout said, he hadn't TTed for 3 years, so him starting down the bottom was a pretty smart move for him. Titles like the European & Hardcore Championships are used for guys to develop and eventually move up a tier or two, and although I agree with your assessment on Bumout being held back a little due to the title, he still needs to actually lose it first (I still consider his two reigns as one, same as Sam's). I say go on defending that title for as long as you can, then eventually make the move up.

As for Sam, he may be a proven e-fedder, but he's one that one day will be up in the World Championship scene, then the next further down. It happens with alot of guys, so I don't see any issue with it.

I also feel we have too many titles. I don't understand why we need a European and United States champion since they're both the same teir or at least that's the way I see it.

The United States title has always been above the European, so it goes UWF Championship > United States > European & Hardcore.

The reason why we have a United States Championship is because we had so much superstars at the begining.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

The base for a brand has always been a World Championship, a second tier championship and a third tier championship. If any title has to be gotten rid of, it'd have to be the European or Hardcore Championship.

As for having tag team titles, not a good idea. You can get a few guys here and there adding an extra guy for a tag team, but that'd impact on the singles championships. Say we were to introduce tag titles and people did that, the European or Hardcore Championship would definitely have to be gone as that's just a title overload and would be nuts.

rawisrey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Point of Euro and US titles = always a plan for two brands.

The U.S and Euro were conceived as equals, I believe I even remember a conversation going along the lines of "and if nothing else we can always unify them into the Intercontinental". They are around just as the undisputed title is around because two brands was always on the horizon but never was the trigger pulled because of uncertainty.

Tag titles only have worked out when there was a fed filled with brands, second and third char privs, or just everyone on the roster gets a tag team to play as well. So while it'd be a nice addition the tag titles would really be a forced thing currently.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
l will be tting for Backlash tonight or tomorrow morning. I'm sure my opponent already tt'd but there's no thread... was I seeing things? lol

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Umm just wondering. Where do I post for the World title match? Because I really do wanna try to win, but it is like I am so confused. Do I post with Chriss and Dredsen? Do I post with Lewb, and what if Lewb had posted do I post? So confused like I said.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Post in the Barrett vs Jericho thread. Just address all of your opponents

rawisrey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
want to address everyone for a moment So EVERYONE Listen up...

hey....whatsup...how you doing? you look thin. you been working out? well whatever it is it's working.

By the way if you by chance have ever seen what Cwalks, M.R. Fett and sometimes Da Rey do (I.E writing) and have thought "hey how do you get into that?" Well this is how, See back in the day matches weren't as elaborate as they are now. So we could get away with one writer for a brand/show/ all that jazz. But now we need a substantial amount of writers, in fact any fed can use more writers than they need just so that none of them get burned out. That said I've noticed that somewhere along the efed years people stopped kind of, idk, writing it seemed to stay with the core people who were already doing it. So I want to reach my hand out with the two people who actually own this place and say

if you have even a very microscopical interest in writing, contact us, maybe you can write like a test match if your not to sure or you can try a match for a Raw. Because when I became a writer it was by accident, I used to write matches in a journal all by me lonesome before I even knew what the internet did. And when I was asked I wrote a few matches and all of a sudden I became owner and head writer for raw of UCW. Let me say from personal experience, if you are a wrestling fan there are very few outlets better to let your creative juices out than becoming a writer throwing out storyline ideas, writing matches doing spots you have envisioned. It's actually quite fun especially when that show gets put up and you get to see what everyone thought of what you've done, The more writers the better to even out the shows to not put strain on any one person and to be able to focus on the quality of the matches instead of the fact that you have 6 more to do.

So if you want to become a writer, whether you've had some experience or your a first timer, let UWF know.

-Thanks