UWF 2013: Past Pay-Per-View Predictions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
All the threads are locked now, so I'd figure I'd get this up nice and early. Not sure if this is the right place for it to go, but it sounded like the best place to me. All do my picks after I recheck all the threads.

RumbleMatch_zps2a29f97e.png

Royal Rumble

RockDinero_zps196eda8b.png

Never Before, Never Again
D'Angelo Dinero vs. The Rock

RhodesMorrison_zpsb970ee34.png

UWF Championship
Cody Rhodes [c] vs. John Morrison

RayPunk_zps7c6689d3.png

UWF NXT Championship
Bully Ray [c] vs. CM Punk

AmbroseHardy_zpsc9fd4c90.png

UWF World Heavyweight Championship
Jeff Hardy [c] vs. Dean Ambrose

StingTaz_zpsaf7bfb18.png

UWF Extreme Championship
Sting [c] vs. Taz

RoodeMichaels_zps9902182c.png

Robert Roode vs. Shawn Michaels

Aniking

Reaction score
Re: UWF Royal Rumble Predictions

I think it's fine in this section. Less clutter in the PPV section, adds another thread in here.

Royal Rumble
My match. Personally I think I've produced a great case for myself and would love to win it, but if I had to pick somebody else then I'd go with either The Miz or Damien Sandow. I just feel that out of everybody else they're the two that got it right and didn't miss a beat across all their TTs.

I've liked the build up this match has received. It hasn't been right in our faces and leaps and bounds above the rest, which is great as an overkill of build would make us keen for the match so it's over with. That aside it's a tough one to pick as I think there's cases to be made for both to win, but from a "who would benefit more" stand point, I'd go with The Rock.

UWF Championship

Great to see this one got some TTing done. It was looking a little bad a few weeks ago when Rey was unable to get online due to personal issues, but it looks like he returned just in time. As for who will win? It's another tough one to pick. Both guys have featured heavily on Raw over the past few months - one as champ, the other as King of the Ring. They've gone at it once and Rhodes won, and my gut feeling suggests he'll win again. I'm just gonna go with that because my head is undecided.

RayPunk_zps7c6689d3.png

UWF NXT Championship

If this one was on an even footing, it too would be a tough one to pick. I enjoy both characters quite a lot, but unfortunately the TTing ended 3-2 so it's an open-and-shut case. Time constraints forced Lewb to pick one world title over the other and this is the one that missed out, but with that it opens the door for Shawn. If memory serves me correctly, this will be his first World Championship, and he's had to wait quite some time for one. In that case I'm glad Lewb picked the other one as it's a great reward for Shawn, who's been TTing consistently for the past few months as both his characters.

I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but this is a tough match to pick haha. It always is when it comes to a World Championship and the TTing is level. I don't think I'd be upset if either guy won the match as I think both have done a great job, but like with the UWF Championship match I'm gonna go with my gut. I have a feeling Hardy will retain, so I'm going with that.

StingTaz_zpsaf7bfb18.png

UWF Extreme Championship
Sting [c] vs. Taz

My match. I'm disappointed I didn't TT for this one as it reflects badly on me. Due to the JBL/Sting storyline on NXT, I didn't wanna ruin it in any way so I waited to see what happened. Next thing I know the show's up, Sting's back, there's a TT up, and like 2 hours later the deadline's reached. I regret being so nice and should've just TTed, whether or not I ruined anything, but it is what it is and I've gotta deal with it.

It's great to see Chase return and immediately get straight back into the TTing with two guys. I was surprised to see this match created since both men are in the Rumble match, but it has been a nice addition. Unfortunately it's also an open-and-shut case with the TTing sitting at 3-2, again in Shawn's favour, which goes to show if you don't delay with your TTing you'll get rewarded. Shawn's been on top of it with both his guys and now he'll win both matches, but still it's nice to see Chase back again.

Reactions: 1 person
Reaction score

Although I am in this I will pick a winner. It's too bad we can't have multiple winners because a lot of people brought it here and I mean no disrespect to anyone when I pick a winner, but I am going with The Miz! BigGreenApple was on fire with The Miz and impressed me the most. My other choice would of been Curt Hawkins as Tapout is amazing with him. I will say that I won't be surprised if Christian or Edge win it though

I gotta go with The Rock here. Much like the Royal Rumble match this one is close, but I have to give the edge (haha "edge" get it, cause Slim plays Edge, I thought it was funny) to Slim picking up this huge win over our GM on Tuesday Nights

These two have battled over the last several months and I say regardless of who wins the feud will come to an end. I am picking RIR's Cody Rhodes though to retain though in another battle based from their previous match at the Survivor Series.

RayPunk_zps7c6689d3.png

My match and it was fun TT'ing against Lewb! It's actually my second World Title match at a Royal Rumble pay per view. I had one in UCW with Triple H and took on Kevin Nash.

Another tough choice here. I like Dean Ambrose played by CaptainxBumout, but I am going to go with Jeff Hardy retaining here. Lewb was put in a tough spot to defend both of his world titles, but that's the way it works and he put up a hell of an effort in both of them!

StingTaz_zpsaf7bfb18.png

Sting by default. I was wondering myself why AK didn't TT for this match because I thought he would be the one to dethrone Sting.

My match. It was fun TT'ing against Chase once again!​

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki

Do I have post the match logos? I didn't want to. It seemed like needless copying.

Royal Rumble Match.

I'm pullin' for Triple H... Wait... Naw, I got Damien Sandow to make the push out of everyone that deserves a main event run here. Y.E.S.

The Rock v.s D'Angelo Dinero.

I think Rock will pull this out. The promos were incredible like I expected but Rock's aura seems to always show through even in this environment so in the end I went with him.

UWF Championship: John Morrison v.s Cody Rhodes.

Lately, I have been noticing John Morrison has been making waves. If I'm gonna predict a true upset it would be here. Morrison to continue on his roll.

NXT Championship: CM Punk v.s Bully Ray.

I'm goin' with Bully Ray here. He just seems to embody the current NXT here and I think he should keep the belt from here.

UWF WH Championship: Dean Ambrose v.s Jeff Hardy.

I love want Amborse has been doing here and I just hate Jeff Hardy personally so I'm goin' with Ambrose.

UWF NXTreme Championship: Taz v.s Sting.

Sting for obvious reasons.

Robert Roode v.s Shawn Michaels.

I enjoyed reading the promos for this match but it's Michaels match here.

Blizzard

Reaction score

Royal Rumble
This was one hell of a thread right here. Everyone did a fantastic job with the TT'ing and should be proud of themselves. I wish I could've maxed out but finals really kicked my ass this week. I still had fun, but if I had to pick a winner out of this craziness, I have to pick Miz. It's anyone's match, but Miz seriously impressed me with his TT's. Dude is gonna have a real future here if he keeps up at this pace.

Both guys did a fantastic job with the TTing, and it's nice to see this match finally happen. But, if I have to pick a winner, like Ani said, for the "who's gonna benefit it more", I have to give it to ol' Rocky.

UWF Championship

Another tough match to pick, there's so many on this card, lol. Rey has had an awesome reign as U.W.F. Champion, but I have a feeling Dod's gonna finally be the one who ends it. I thought it was gonna happen at Survivor Series, but it didn't. So, I think it might happen this time. Still, like before, it's anyone's game and Rhodes could still be the champ after the Rumble.

RayPunk_zps7c6689d3.png

UWF NXT Championship

Both characters are fantastic, and I'm a huge fan of both. It sucks Lewb couldn't even this one up, but if he did we would have had another tough match to pick.

Bumout has been wanting this World Championship for a while now, and I think Royal Rumble is when he finally wins it once again. His TT's with Ambrose were fucking awesome, and you can tell how much he wanted it. However, it's not gonna be easy against Hardy. Lewb's not looking to get rid of his title so easily so this match is gonna be interesting. Looking forward to it.

StingTaz_zpsaf7bfb18.png

UWF Extreme Championship
Sting [c] vs. Taz

Sting by default. I'm a huge fan of Ani's Taz though, so seeing him and Dresdon go at it would have been a nice session.

Like Ani said, it was nice seeing Chase come back and immediately getting back in the swing of things. His Roode so far, has been fantastic, and I can't wait to see more. It sucks he couldn't even it up, but I have a feeling this feud isn't over just yet. It's got personal and I'm sure both guys have a lot more in them. HBK for win by default.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily

Royal Rumble
Of course I'ma vote for myself. But if I were to vote for someone other than me... I'd pick Miz.

This is one... this is one that we've been waiting for. I'm hoping for the win. He still got it.

UWF Championship

I just like Cody. I do.

RayPunk_zps7c6689d3.png

UWF NXT Championship

I have to go with Punk. Somethin bout that Punk that was just... had it.

Ambrose is just cold. Ambrose is awesome.

StingTaz_zpsaf7bfb18.png

UWF Extreme Championship
Sting [c] vs. Taz

Sting... well you know.

It pays... to be Roode in this one.​

Last edited:

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC

Royal Rumble
I have the Miz, or Christian winning this one. Both of these guys have put on stellar performances in the thread, and I feel those two should duke it out in the end. Other favorites are Edge, Sandow, and Guerrero for me

I am going on a hunch here. This one is a tough match up here, but I decided to lock down with the Rock!

UWF Championship

I am feeling Rey to retain here, but it wouldn't surprise me if DOD won

RayPunk_zps7c6689d3.png

UWF NXT Championship

Shawn has been doing excellent with both characters, and as much as I love Lewb's Ray Shawns Punk has been off the chain for me to read.

I love these two are feuding, and I hope it is not the end. Ultimately I felt Lewb barely edged out Bumout

StingTaz_zpsaf7bfb18.png

UWF Extreme Championship
Sting [c] vs. Taz

I feel as if it was time to choose someone else to win the title, it would be Taz.

I know I lost in this match, but I am glad people are enjoying Shawn and I's work against each other. It was much fun and congratulations buddy.​

Ozymandias

Reaction score

Royal Rumble
I'll leave myself out, based on that I was really impressed with both Christian and Sandow. Hawkins was great too, but may suffer from not getting his 5th TT in. Jarrett made a great showing as did Edge coming in late. I'd wager the last 5 will be Christian, Sandow, Hawkins, Jarrett and hopefully Miz fitting in there somewhere

Tought pick, but I think Slim's Rock is spot on and just edges this one

UWF Championship
Cody Rhodes vs. John Morrison

I think Morrison might pull this one off

RayPunk_zps7c6689d3.png

UWF NXT Championship

Will for Punk here due to the 3-2, which is a shame as I think if it had gone 3-3 Shawn would still have had a great chance of picking up the win.

I think Hardy will retain, JUST. Ambrose should remain firmly in the title picture however.

StingTaz_zpsaf7bfb18.png

UWF Extreme Championship
Sting [c] vs. Taz

Sting by default. I'd like to see a rematch on NXT or at the next PPV

Another win for Shawn and a victory for HBK. However, not to sound like a broken record, but I'd like this feud to continue after the PPV

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango

Royal Rumble

Bateman hands down. But seriously, it's down to two men for me. Miz and Christian. Honorable mentions to Sandow, Aries and Edge but I think overall this is Miz's to win it.

I feel like the whole purpose of this session was to have fun and put over The Rock. Although I could definitely see the feud continuing, it says the first and last time so I'm picking The Rock.

UWF Championship

I picked Morrison last time but this time I'm picking Cody.

RayPunk_zps7c6689d3.png

UWF NXT Championship

Bully has had a great run thus far but Punk has made so many enemies that the possibilities are endless. I'm going with Punk

I feel like overall besides the Royal Rumble, we had the best session even with only a 2 week build. I can see us continuing on though regardless of the outcome. I had fun.

StingTaz_zpsaf7bfb18.png

UWF Extreme Championship
Sting [c] vs. Taz

Shame Aniking couldn't get one in. Sting for the win.

Shawn wins this one. I feel like if Chase had gotten another out, this may have been his to take.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
UWF No Way Out: Prediction Thread

UWF Championship
Tables, Ladders, Chairs
John Morrison [c] vs. Cody Rhodes

ELIMINATIONCHAMBER_zpse57412f8.png

UWF NXT Championship
Elimination Chamber
CM Punk [c] vs. Austin Aries vs. Johnny Curtis vs. Rhino vs. Bully Ray vs. Taz

CESAROHAWKINS_zps477dc223.png

UWF United States Championship
Antonio Cesaro [c] vs. Curt Hawkins

STINGUMAGA_zpsdc5582fd.png

UWF Extreme Championship
Sting [c] vs. Umaga

UWF Hardcore Championship
I Quit
Abyss [c] vs. Christopher Daniels

UWF Tag Team Championships
Dean Ambrose & John Cena [c] vs. Christian & Robert Roode

BDC

Reaction score
Re: UWF No Way Out: Prediction Thread

UWF Championship
Tables, Ladders, Chairs

UWF NXT Championship
Elimination Chamber

UWF Extreme Championship
Sting [c] vs. Umaga

I Quit

This one is a close one! :thumbs:

Mainly because I want them to retain and hand over the titles to the Kings on Smackdown! lol!

SBS

Reaction score

First time I've ever been able to do this as I know all the winners usually two or three days in advance so here goes.

UWF Championship
Tables, Ladders, Chairs

I've heard this trilogy of matches was very good. Its a shame the final one ended the way it did with a no show. But if there is one person who is worthy of being (I believe the very first) multi-time UWF Champion it is Senor Rey. Rhodes to Headline Mania.

UWF NXT Championship
Elimination Chamber

This is a very close call. Personally both men deserve it, but unfortunately only one man can win it. Chamber had so much win but with AK being busy(and no I don't blame him for that at all shit happens) Lewb vanishing most likely due to personal reasons, and HBKFan having to be the reponsible father and husband he is, the Chamber wasn't exactly what it cold be. But Chriss, Bumout, and Rated R made up for it with some really good back and forth. Both Chriss and Rated R will be World Champion within the year you heard it here first, but I believe its going to be Rated R's Rhino that headlines Wrestlemania as the NXT champion.

Tapout has improved tenfold since the last time I read his Hawkins. Should he stick it out this time and not let the usual drama in his life get to him I see Hawkins as a big time player on the Raw brand. However he is going up against one of Sam's best characters in Cesaro. Shame they could only go one one as these two could have brought real credibility to this mid-tier belt. I'm going with Sam to retain because it only went one one and I know alot of writers who won't change title hands on 1-1. But a Tapout win is possible as his quality was top notch.

UWF Extreme Championship
Sting [c] vs. Umaga

This is a very tough call, going one one. Normally I am not a fan of people using a mouthpiece, but this is Slim we are talking about here so it is totally ok. LOL! Another match that only went 1-1 but definitely delivered on the quality. I hate to bet against Slim, but Dresdon is the Extreme Champion for a reason and I'm going to go out on a limb and say he retains by the skin of his white (or will it be red) facepaint.

I Quit
Once again in my opinion the Hardcore Title is the hardest fought over 3rd tier title I have ever seen in my decade long time in feds. These two men are living up to the Bryan/Ambrose feud that took place last year. Abyss is insane and cleverly played by none other than the man known by three initials. BDC. (Three initial people are the coolest) He looks to retain against the man he took it from. The Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels. I see Rated R has really brought his A-game to this match, it is clear he wants to win back his Championship. I'm going to go on a limb and go with the former over the later, nothing against BDC, but Rated R has worked incredibly hard for this pay per view and it will be a crime if he doesn't win at least one of his two title matches. Though I'd be ok with a BDC win as it would mean Daniels v. Abyss three at Mania to which I say, YES PLEASE!

This match should have and could have been the show stealer. After all the World Heavyweight Championship is the best title in all of UWF which is held by Dean Ambrose. :p But seriously on paper Bliz and Bum v. Ak and Chase. Win, absolute Win. Ak got a post up last minute and it was as always excellent work. But with his partner no showing, and Cena and Ambrose rolling, I don't see the titles switching hands. So looks like Ambrose and Cena will have to defend on Smackdown.

WHO Will the Miz Pick to face at Wrestlemania

I don't know if we will find out at No Way Out or not but I figure this decision here is the most interesting. I left right when BGA showed up, (long story) so I'm not familiar with his work at all. But from the promos he has done on "miz tv" this week, I think his best work was with Dean Ambrose, so I'm going to say he goes to Smackdown to Challenge for the WHC. If not that I see him staying on NXT as he's loyal and Sam and Dres made him there and I don't think there would be anywhere better to challenge for the grandest prize of them all.​

Ozymandias

Reaction score

UWF Championship
Tables, Ladders, Chairs

Cody gets the win via the no show, which is a shame as JoMo vs Cody has been one of my favourite feuds to read since I've been here. Hopefully Morrison can bounce back and get himself a decent spot at 'mania

UWF NXT Championship
Elimination Chamber

Tough to call. Thought the guys who showed for it did a great job of carrying the thread considering there were so many complications. A Double just shades it over Rhino, but for me Rhino has cemented his move to the title picture in recent weeks. Obviously it all depends how he's doing, but if he was up to it it'd be great to see Punk return in time for Wrestlemania. NXT has a strong title picture at the moment and there's definitely scope for a triple threat or fatal four way title match at the big one.

Cesaro retains but I demand a rematch is immediately booked for WM! Let them go 10v10! ;)

UWF Extreme Championship
Sting [c] vs. Umaga

I think Umaga will take the title, Sting one eye, maybe two on JBL. Sting to drop the title and go straight for the NXT boss!

I Quit

Daniels to win this one, but agree that the feud should continue until 'mania

Champions to retain but I think they'll have their work cut out after that going up against the Kings!

Who will The Miz pick?

Well, that's not for me to say ;)

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

UWF Championship
Tables, Ladders, Chairs

UWF NXT Championship
Elimination Chamber

UWF Extreme Championship
Sting [c] vs. Umaga

I Quit

Aniking

Reaction score
UWF - Wrestlemania Predictions

We're just under a week away from UWF Wrestlemania 2 and it's about time we throw up our predictions! Just copy the card from below and give us your thoughts on who you think will win their respective matches.

Official Card!

CodyVMiz_zpsdcc30ee3.png

UWF Championship
Cody Rhodes [c] vs. The Miz

RhinoStin_zps73cf6374.png

UWF NXT Championship
Rhino [c] vs. Sting

AmbroseVCena_zps3147d22b.png

Dean Ambrose [c] vs. John Cena

CesaroVHawkins_zps5e94ce02.png