Update on the Future of Money in the Bank

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Or they just remember the King of the Ring and how when it was done correctly with the playoffs setup Raw and SD, which then led to a ppv, could do just the same

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Or they just remember the King of the Ring and how when it was done correctly with the playoffs setup Raw and SD, which then led to a ppv, could do just the same

Or they could do both. KOTR never used to mean a title shot for the winner so they could do that again where you simply win the tournament but aren't gauranteed a title shot. I would be really happy if WWE brought back KOTR as a PPV with qualifying matches on RAW and Smackdown.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
The last KOR with Brock is greater than any MITB story outside Edge imo

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
But that was helped by the fact that they had one hell of a talent in Brock Lesnar. He had been built up so well before his KOTR win so that win was simply an extension of already great booking of a new guy.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Why get rid of it when it is one of the more popular gimmick matches in wrestling today? A majority of fans enjoy watching the match and even if some of the winners haven't become massive stars a majority of them have done well as champion.

It's an 6 or 8 man ladder match, you're telling me they can't find another excuse for them to happen? Bullshit. Just make up an excuse for them and hold it at WM or SummerSlam every year. Maybe whoever wins the ladder match is the King Of The Ring or.....something. It should end because it's ran its course. How many times are we gonna see the same stale, cliche'd cash in when the champion is down routine? It was fun when it was fresh, now it's the same fucking thing every time. Relying on one trick has gotten boring. When was the last time a first time world champion, and I mean a young guy, not a 10-15 year midcarder getting a tribute reign like a Mark Henry or a Christian, won the belt without MITB? Other than Sheamus, and Dolph Ziggler who most people don't even consider a world champion because he got it handed to him by the GM and immediately lost it in the same segment. it's been fucking forever. You know you have a problem when you only have one way for new talent to get to the main event, and it's a path that requires no build up. Literally. Swagger just won the fucking thing out os NOWHERE and he's champion 2 days later. Bryan, same thing except instead of an immediate cash in, he won out of nowhere and then waited while jobbing to every fucking person in the company.

And who's benefited from it? I mean, really benefited from it? Edge, that's it. RVD was a tribute reign that got cut short, admittedly by him, but nevertheless, Kennedy lost his, no benefit there at all, Punk was treated like a fucking jobber in his first reign. When Punk got his second reign, he did great, but then, they had him feud with Taker and get squashed in a Cell in under 10 minutes and he went back to being a jobber only this time he was a heel with some mic time. He didn't become a real star until he did the June 27'th promo. Kane was a tribute reign, total waste of the briefcase, he didn't need it to get a reign, he could've done the same thing as Henry. Miz did great, but look where he is today. Del Rio is still ok, booking wise, at least for now, but he's not over at all. Cashing in like that certainly didn't help him. As for Bryan? He hasn't lost the belt yet, but looking at where he was before he won the belt, I'd say it's pretty clear he's headed for a Jack Swaggeresque crash and burn. The minute Sheamus hits the Celtic Cross at WM, you can pencil him back in for undercard jobber work. That's what happens to underdeveloped champions.

Now, look at Sheamus. Look at how fucking over and successful he's been. You know why? Cause they actually put EFFORT into his push. They didn't just hand him a briefcase and tell him to sit on the couch until the champion gets injured. The MITB was a great concept, initially, but it needs to be eradicated, like John Cena as a face. It's done, they need to let it go. It's not helping anyone, it's only tarnishing the titles by making it look like absolutely anybody can win them.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
MITB would be a great concept, if they treated it like the KOR tourney heading into the ppv. Let each show have their own tourney. Week 1 and 2 of Raw and SD sees 16 superstars compete in 8 matches. Week 2 sees the 8 winners compete in 4 matches. Week 3 sees the 4 remaining people have a contract signing that turns into chaos like E&C and The Hardys would do before their ppv matches. Then on ppv you let the 4 men main event with the brief case hanging over the ring

Deuce

Reaction score
I would prefer the MITB match/s to be at Wrestlemania but as long as it is isn't it's own PPV, I'm happy with the match/s being at Summerslam. The MITB PPV was decent but looking back, it had to be the worst PPV the WWE had made in a long time.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Grown tired of the MITB PPV, so i'd be all for MITB happening at Summerslam. Just as long as it was just 1 match and not 2 like it has been in recent years since they introduced MITB as it's own PPV.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Kingslayer= Typical internet fan that hates most things. God forbid you find some posititvty in some things. Not every guy can be booked to perfection.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Nice response. Next time just say you don't agree with me but you're too stupid to refute my post instead of running me down for no reason. Not everybody can be booked to perfection, but the MITB concept is damn sure not helping them. It's a flawed system that needs a revamp, WWE is DESPERATE for new stars and clinging on to this stale, outdated concept is doing more damage than helping.

As for "typical Internet fan", that's just ridiculously inaccurate. Unlike most of the IWC, I understand the business side of the WWE, which is why I don't go around promoting unmarketable, uncharismatic jobbers like Bryan, Mcintyre and Ziggler who are specifically catered to the Internet audience, like SOME people.
rolleyesh.gif

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm not a fan of the match as a whole. Most of them are very entertaining, but I'm tired of them making champions look undeserving because they cash them in on unconscious guys. I think they should either make the rule that you have to cash it in in advance, like RVD did, or just do away with the match as a whole.

On that note, I'd much rather them have it at SummerSlam than it's own PPV. Also, only have one, not two.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Nice response. Next time just say you don't agree with me but you're too stupid to refute my post instead of running me down for no reason. Not everybody can be booked to perfection, but the MITB concept is damn sure not helping them. It's a flawed system that needs a revamp, WWE is DESPERATE for new stars and clinging on to this stale, outdated concept is doing more damage than helping.

As for "typical Internet fan", that's just ridiculously inaccurate. Unlike most of the IWC, I understand the business side of the WWE, which is why I don't go around promoting unmarketable, uncharismatic jobbers like Bryan, Mcintyre and Ziggler who are specifically catered to the Internet audience, like SOME people.
rolleyesh.gif

Ziggler is an uncharismatic jobber? i rest my case with you. Your opinion is irrelevant from this point on along with that Chad guy.