Update on Daniel Bryan return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Sorry, bruh. It just came off to me that you disliked Bryan, I don't think I've seen you praising him, I might've missed it or don't remember it. If you do like Bryan, then cool. I'm glad.

I understand that whole 'Bryan defeating Lesnar isn't believable enough' point, I really do. I'm just not into it. WWE isn't UFC, so let's throw that 'believable' thing out of the window.

I never said Reigns couldn't develop, never said he's utter shit or anything. Yeah, he's a good looking guy and he's definitely been improving since he came back.
He just doesn't tickle my fancy right now, he's still green in a sense. It's too early to put the major titles on him now... Much like they did with Orton back in 2004.

Let him hold a midcard title first by crushing Rusev, for instance and then push him to stardom.
http://wweforums.net/threads/2014-royal-rumble-live-discussion.32546/page-23#post-760447
http://wweforums.net/threads/total-divas-discussion-thread-11-10-13.30340/page-3#post-685239
http://wweforums.net/threads/top-bottom.31957/page-2#post-735392

^This look like a Bryan hater?

WWE built Lesnar as a monster, to a point they mention his UFC accomplishments. So even thought WWE isn't the UFC, they pointed out how he dominated when he was there.

Daniel Bryan is already a developed star. Why would you give a Rumble win to him, when they have a chance to develop a new one? People just want Bryan to win, for the sake of winning it.

Daniel Bryan dominated most of last year all the way to ER 2014. He's developed, he doesn't need the win.

Now in the end, WWE is a business. You think people would buy to see this?
e0f9d91569368d2cf332759baac1388e.jpg

or this?

24c12db4283a54fc8ed140e0b29b350b.jpg

WWE always was about bigger than life Superstars and you know what they lack? Bigger than life superstars. So when we're getting a new face of WWE, I'm all for it.

Reactions: u_cant_c_me

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
http://wweforums.net/threads/2014-royal-rumble-live-discussion.32546/page-23#post-760447
http://wweforums.net/threads/total-divas-discussion-thread-11-10-13.30340/page-3#post-685239

WWE built Lesnar as a monster, to a point they mention his UFC accomplishments. So even thought WWE isn't the UFC, they pointed out how he dominated when he was there.

Daniel Bryan is already a developed star. Why would you give a Rumble win to him, when they have a chance to develop a new one? People just want Bryan to win, for the sake of winning it.

Daniel Bryan dominated most of last year all the way to ER 2014. He's developed, he doesn't need the win.

or this?

WWE always was about bigger than life Superstars and you know what they lack? Bigger than life superstars. So when we're getting a new face of WWE, I'm all for it.

Apologies, then. Didn't know you were a fan of Bryan's.

Jeez, I don't know if they would buy it. But hey, I'm not running the company after all. A senile, clueless Vinnie Mac does. In his world, John Cena's still relevant.
So, fuck that. Speaking of future? Cena'll be there the next 20 years and still burying talent.

Can't wait.

Also, regarding Reigns... I'd prefer it if they waited till next year to do what they're intending to do this year. But, we'll see what happens.

But, as long as Cena's not in the ME anymore, it's fine with me. They can push Reigns, I guess.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Sorry, bruh. It just came off to me that you disliked Bryan, I don't think I've seen you praising him, I might've missed it or don't remember it. If you do like Bryan, then cool. I'm glad.

I understand that whole 'Bryan defeating Lesnar isn't believable enough' point, I really do. I'm just not into it. WWE isn't UFC, so let's throw that 'believable' thing out of the window.

I never said Reigns couldn't develop, never said he's utter shit or anything. Yeah, he's a good looking guy and he's definitely been improving since he came back.
He just doesn't tickle my fancy right now, he's still green in a sense. It's too early to put the major titles on him now... Much like they did with Orton back in 2004.

Let him hold a midcard title first by crushing Rusev, for instance and then push him to stardom.
Can't throw the believable thing out the window. If we're going that way then Torito could pin Brock as well and there'd be no problem.

or this?

Good point on using the Rumble to create a new star, Bryan really doesn't need it.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I didn't want to create another thread, b/c there's no need for some of them who're kind of related to the same thing to be cluttering around. So, I guess I'll just post the article here.

*Daniel Bryan Added To WWE TV Tapings*

- Daniel Bryan has been added to next week's RAW and SmackDown tapings in Louisiana. The January 12th RAW taping will take place from the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, while the January 13th SmackDown taping will be at the Baton Rouge River Center in Baton Rouge.

Source: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0105/588235/daniel-bryan-added-to-wwe-tv-tapings/

- This is cool, actually! He's going to work (and hopefully wrestle) some of the shows before showing up at the Rumble. Looking forward to it.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
DB wins rumble and fights Brock at mania, then Rollins cashes in. It's best for buisness. Bryan isn't great on the mic but jesus Christ a lead up to mania with brock barely showing and reigns would be terrible

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Remember the ol days of UFC fighters turned wrestlers the likes of Dan Severn and Ken Shamrock? Now they become WWE superstars first lol.

SSheetsJr

Jobber
Reaction score
I would rather have Bryan win as I feel Regins isnt ready, I think Bryan would be good to transition from Cena to Regins

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I just wanted to mention one thing about the "believability" factor of Bryan beating Lesnar at Mania:

How believable is it that Daniel Bryan could beat John Cena (a 15-time World Champion and the de facto face of the company) at SummerSlam, and turn around and beat HHH (a 13-time World Champion) and Randy Orton (a 12-time World Champion) and Dave Batista (a 6-time World Champion) in a triple-threat with both matches taking place at Wrestlemania. And let's remember that this is a guy who's known for never giving up and constantly overcoming the odds, along the way winning 4 World Championships (in WWE).

If you look just at the size/"believability" of the competitors, you're not looking at the same things that the audience (that vaunted "WWE Universe") is looking at. They seem to like the fact that a guy you could see in Whole Foods and think "just a regular guy" can overcome the longest of odds to win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

As to Reigns, there is not a doubt in my mind that he's a big part of the future of WWE. I just don't know that it makes sense from a business perspective to trust anybody with the top spot the brand has without letting him prove himself in a similar position.

Of course, whatever they do, I'll still watch so long as I'm being entertained by what's going on. And I'll probably still watch for a while even if I'm not, in the hopes of it getting better.

wk

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
^ This. This is the WWE, its main attraction for 22 years was a dead guy. Haters just hatin on my boy because it's the cool thing to do. Bryan deserves everything he gets, and even if he doesnt, he isnt like most whom bitch . He just loves walking into those 4 ropes.... i mean 4 sides.. i mean....

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Can't freakin' wait!

WWE.com has confirmed that Daniel Bryan will return to the ring on next Thursday's WWE SmackDown episode. They wrote the following:

Will Danial Bryan compete when SmackDown makes its move to THURDAYS, this week at 8/7 CT on Syfy? Yes!
WWE.com has learned that the former WWE World Heavyweight Champion will make his in-ring return to action on SmackDown monumental Thursday night premiere. The news comes on the heels of Bryan's announcement during the Dec. 29 edition of Raw that he would once again lace up his boots after a long-standing injury to battle in the 2015 Royal Rumble Match.

Who will The Beard face? Will he pick up right where he left off? And will The Authority have anything to say about it? Find out this Thursday night at 8/7 CT on SmackDown!

Source: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...el-bryan-ring-return-for-smackdown-return-to/

Dude Love

Jobber
Reaction score
He's not winning the rumble if he's on SmackDown. You can put money on that. They would have saved him for the RT if he was gonna a win it.