Update on Daniel Bryan return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
He's not winning the rumble if he's on SmackDown. You can put money on that. They would have saved him for the RT if he was gonna a win it.

Him being on SmackDown doesn't really say anything and it doesn't have to mean he won't win the Rumble.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I'm torn between thinking they'll put him as a late entrant to the Rumble (around 26 or 27), which would protect him if they're at all worried about his health at this point, or them having him be the first entrant, which would force him to stay in it throughout to win but would allow him to play that "Determinator" role that got him so over last year.

wk

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I'm torn between thinking they'll put him as a late entrant to the Rumble (around 26 or 27), which would protect him if they're at all worried about his health at this point, or them having him be the first entrant, which would force him to stay in it throughout to win but would allow him to play that "Determinator" role that got him so over last year.

wk

There's a chance he'll enter from number 15-27 (or from 10-15 if they're planning to let him break some records)... Or, The Authority is gonna be like 'LOL, you're just a B+ playa. Here's the #1 spot.'

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
There's a chance he'll enter from number 15-27 (or from 10-15 if they're planning to let him break some records)... Or, The Authority is gonna be like 'LOL, you're just a B+ playa. Here's the #1 spot.'

Kinda my thought: he'll win tonight (guaranteeing himself a spot in the Rumble) and, as a "reward", he'll be given the number one spot.

wk

• Haha
Reactions: Aids Johnson

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
http://wweforums.net/threads/2014-royal-rumble-live-discussion.32546/page-23#post-760447
http://wweforums.net/threads/total-divas-discussion-thread-11-10-13.30340/page-3#post-685239
http://wweforums.net/threads/top-bottom.31957/page-2#post-735392

^This look like a Bryan hater?

WWE built Lesnar as a monster, to a point they mention his UFC accomplishments. So even thought WWE isn't the UFC, they pointed out how he dominated when he was there.

Daniel Bryan is already a developed star. Why would you give a Rumble win to him, when they have a chance to develop a new one? People just want Bryan to win, for the sake of winning it.

Daniel Bryan dominated most of last year all the way to ER 2014. He's developed, he doesn't need the win.

Now in the end, WWE is a business. You think people would buy to see this?
e0f9d91569368d2cf332759baac1388e.jpg

or this?

24c12db4283a54fc8ed140e0b29b350b.jpg

WWE always was about bigger than life Superstars and you know what they lack? Bigger than life superstars. So when we're getting a new face of WWE, I'm all for it.

"WWE built Lesnar as a monster, to a point they mention his UFC accomplishments. So even thought WWE isn't the UFC, they pointed out how he dominated when he was there."

Yes they have built him to a monster. They mention his accomplishments outside the WWE simply because they do that with a lot of superstars: NCAA champs, gold medal, power lifting, etc. They do this to show how strong a superstar is in the WWE and other faculties.

"Daniel Bryan is already a developed star. Why would you give a Rumble win to him, when they have a chance to develop a new one? People just want Bryan to win, for the sake of winning it."

I disagree. Although DB is developed that doesn't mean he should get an accomplishment he hasn't obtained. Numerous developed superstars have won the rumble and deserved it. You don't have to be more of a rookie and less developed in order to win the rumble. And I don't think people want DB to win it for the sake of winning it... In fact, I'm not sure what that really means. And even if that's true, it doesn't mean he still shouldn't win it.

I want DB to win it because his 2014 reign was cut short, he's talented, over with the fans, and he would be better off fighting Brock. Seems pretty legit to me :)

Using the "who would people want to see argument" is silly at this point. Considering that DB already beat triple h, Dave, and Orton last year. I don't think wwe sales hurt because the main event had DB winning and in the main event. As you stated, he's already a star and anyone who knows anything about WWE knows that DB is a big star. He's also transcended into other sports with the "yes" chant.

I feel that you're using the old school McMahon logic of what will sell.

I'm all for reigns getting a push and I don't mind him winning the rumble at all... Just disagreed with some of your post :)