Update on Daniel Bryan return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Just a reminder: at this point last year, CM Punk was winning the Rumble. Plans change.

As to the possibility of Dragon winning the Rumble, it is actually much more compelling to have Bryan beat Lesnar for the title (cue all the jackasses saying, "but that's just no believable imho"...."Lesnar's a badass mofo who could squash a vanilla midget like Bryan imho"...."Bork RAGE and SMASH...imho").

Reigns would have the aura of inevitability (a big, good-looking "prototypical" main event stud who's only been "around" for a relatively short time and is now getting a shot at taking down the Beast Incarnate), which has its own draw and I won't say it's a bad idea....WWE has come up with much worse. I just think it makes more sense to see what Reigns can do as a midcard champion before giving him the big belt. Bryan, on the other hand, has the added bonus of being a proven commodity who the fans really get behind despite the fact, actually more like because of the fact, that he's not the prototypical guy.

As to the "time" factor, Dragon's 33 and Roman's and Roman's 29. This is a business where you can still have guys in the main event scene into their 40's and 50's if they're good enough and durable enough. Both guys have plenty of time, from that perspective, to win future Rumbles and main event Wrestlemanias. That's basically a non-factor.

wk

Before Batista came out to play, there were only two guys who could win the Rumble at that time, Punk and Bryan.
I would've been cool with Punk winning it, and since the guy is so fixated on main eventing WM, I'm sure he wouldn't mind putting Bryan over at WM 30.
But, what's done is done and we're moving on.

Agreed. It is much compelling to have D-Bry defeat The Beast, it'd be the ultimate David defeating the ultimate Goliath, plus his whole 'B+' player story would come full circle by defeating Lesnar.

Reigns is the prototypical ME star, but he's still green in a sense. Let him hold a midcard title first, by defeating Rusev and see how that one goes, before pushing him to stardom.

Needless to say I'd love it if Bryan won the Rumble, so here's to hoping he does.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
HHH should've unified the belts at TLC and dropped to Bryan at WM. That would've been stuff of legend.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I'd be jacked if Bryan turned and went after Orton for a summer feud TBH. I doubt it happens, but it's going to have to be something huge for him to get back to where he was...this might be better IMO. THey feud for the summer before a double turn at SS?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I'd be jacked if Bryan turned and went after Orton for a summer feud TBH. I doubt it happens, but it's going to have to be something huge for him to get back to where he was...this might be better IMO. THey feud for the summer before a double turn at SS?

I'd be jacked if Bryan won the Rumble and defeated The Beast at WM, but Rollins would still cash in on him. Then, we'd get an awesome Bryan/Rollins feud.

Quite frankly, I don't see Bryan turning any time soon nor feuding again with Orton.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
This time I might be going with Roman to be Champ im having trouble Being a fan with cena...:facepalm1:
Cena isn't going to end up winning WM and becoming champ again. I really do wonder who he is going to be facing TBH. HHH? Big SHow? (lol) Rusev for the US belt? I mean come on.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I'd be jacked if Bryan won the Rumble and defeated The Beast at WM, but Rollins would still cash in on him. Then, we'd get an awesome Bryan/Rollins feud.

Quite frankly, I don't see Bryan turning any time soon nor feuding again with Orton.
Reigns is going to win the RR, I just don't know who Bryan or Cena will feud with so i'm throwing out random ideas. Don't call me Meltzer quite yet, i'll admit it's just speculating.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Reigns is going to win the RR, I just don't know who Bryan or Cena will feud with so i'm throwing out random ideas. Don't call me Meltzer quite yet, i'll admit it's just speculating.

Not calling you Meltzer at all.

Just implying that it may be a little bit too soon to do another Orton/Bryan feud, 'cause it's been done to death in 2013 and last year for a little while.

Reigns may as well win the Rumble or it could be Bryan or someone else. I mean, plans change. Who knows what's gonna happen.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score

If there was a rating for :eww: I would give it to your post.
:4/10:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
If there was a rating for :eww: I would give it to your post.
:4/10:

Go on and do it, then. Oh, wait... :lol1:

You hate Bryan? I'm shocked. People really seem to hate talented wrestlers nowadays. Oh, well...

Still doesn't change the fact Bryan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Reigns.

I'm surprised (actually I'm not) some of you like Reigns just for his looks, I mean he's a jerk off material to some of you guys, anyway.

:pipebomb:

• Haha
Reactions: Wacokid27

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Go on and do it, then. Oh, wait... :lol1:

You hate Bryan? I'm shocked. People really seem to hate talented wrestlers nowadays. Oh, well...

Still doesn't change the fact Bryan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Reigns.

I'm surprised (actually I'm not) some of you like Reigns just for his looks, I mean he's a jerk off material to some of you guys, anyway.

:pipebomb:
lmao, who said I disliked Bryan? If you think it's a wet dream to have this guy...
e096b133abcea239d3000559696b30b2.jpg

to defeat this guy...
d04aadc161d2c08185eeda93e33bf9a0.jpg

who defeated The Undertaker's streak and John Cena, then be my guest. It's barely believable. And if Reigns is not talented, I'd like to see you do his moves at his caliber. And what's not to like about Reigns? His presence is greek god like. If you saw a Daniel Bryan at a airport, you'd probably think he's a regular guy.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
lmao, who said I disliked Bryan? If you think it's a wet dream to have this guy...
e096b133abcea239d3000559696b30b2.jpg

to defeat this guy...
d04aadc161d2c08185eeda93e33bf9a0.jpg

who defeated The Undertaker's streak and John Cena, then be my guest. It's barely believable. And if Reigns is not talented, I'd like to see you do his moves at his caliber. And what's not to like about Reigns? His presence is greek god like. If you saw a Daniel Bryan at a airport, you'd probably think he's a regular guy.

Sorry, bruh. It just came off to me that you disliked Bryan, I don't think I've seen you praising him, I might've missed it or don't remember it. If you do like Bryan, then cool. I'm glad.

I understand that whole 'Bryan defeating Lesnar isn't believable enough' point, I really do. I'm just not into it. WWE isn't UFC, so let's throw that 'believable' thing out of the window.

I never said Reigns couldn't develop, never said he's utter shit or anything. Yeah, he's a good looking guy and he's definitely been improving since he came back.
He just doesn't tickle my fancy right now, he's still green in a sense. It's too early to put the major titles on him now... Much like they did with Orton back in 2004.

Let him hold a midcard title first by crushing Rusev, for instance and then push him to stardom.