Update on CM Punk Possibly Wrestling Steve Austin and The Undertaker

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Despite all the recent hype, there are people within WWE and close to Steve Austin who do not believe an Austin vs. CM Punk match will happen, even at WrestleMania 30. People close to Austin note that not only is he recovering from major knee surgery, his body is banged up worse than is being let on, he's 47 years old with major neck issues and he's not really jonesing to wrestle again.

Internally, all of the Austin-Punk references are strictly to hype the WWE '13 video game.

On a related note, all the talk of "respect" is being done to set up a potential Punk vs. The Undertaker match.
Pretty lame payoff if this is true, all for a fucking game. I never expected Austin to face Punk or anyone else for that matter.

I'd be down to see a Punk/Taker match and i'd assume it would be for Mania because Taker damn sure won't be around for any PPV's after that other than SummerSlam at a push.

Like I said elsewhere, I feel as though one guy is currently in limbo right now. You'd imagine that Punk/Cena/Rock/Brock/Taker will make up two matches with 1 guy then who I presume will be Punk left with something outside of the box. I was thinking HHH could be drafted in again but we've seen him against Taker, seen him against Brock and is rumoured to meet him again at Survivor Series and we've seen stuff with Cena/Rock although quite a while ago but not something that needs to revisited, same deal with Punk really.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Can we at least get a Punk/Austin confrontation that is not half assed?

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think it's partly being done for the game for now but also think it could turn into an actual match maybe not at this mania but the next one. It's really hard to tell who's gonna face who because mania is a while from now and it all depends on storylines. I still think the idea of Punk being champ all the way till mania and faces the rumble winner in Ryback isn't farfetched.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
As much as I have been pushing for an Austin/Punk match at Mania, I kind of knew it wouldn't happen. The man's done all there is to do in wrestling. Let the man just make his badass movies and shit. A Punk/Taker match could be very interesting. Would be pretty awesome, and I'd like for Taker to get the win over Punk simply for that mega pop he'd most likely get. That and the streak doesn't need to end.

But if this was all for a video game, what the fuck? I'll just not buy the game just to say "Fuck you and the horse you rode in on!"

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I never really expected it to happen myself, always thought it would be cool, but always viewed it as slightly more likely to happen than Sting/Taker. Just slightly.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
CM/Taker would be great, anything other than Rock/Cena again is what I'll approve.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Would be amazing for a confrontation like Tapout said. My God, two of the best on the mic in the same ring? That would be bloody epic!

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I guess I wouldn't mind Punk/Taker at least it's better then people proposing over and over that Austin should could back. Let him enjoy his retirement instead of wanting him to have a chance to cripple himself. Now Shawn Michaels coming out of retirement to face Punk is something I'd much rather see at least he'd just hurt his reputation with people who take wrestling retirements seriously instead of ending up actually hurt.

Undertaker

Reaction score
As much as I have been pushing for an Austin/Punk match at Mania, I kind of knew it wouldn't happen. The man's done all there is to do in wrestling. Let the man just make his badass movies and shit. A Punk/Taker match could be very interesting. Would be pretty awesome, and I'd like for Taker to get the win over Punk simply for that mega pop he'd most likely get. That and the streak doesn't need to end.

But if this was all for a video game, what the fuck? I'll just not buy the game just to say "Fuck you and the horse you rode in on!"
Steve Austin's movies are awful.

I would love to see a CM Punk vs Steve Austin match at WrestleMania either next year or the year after. Obviously as it stands right now it doesn't appear that we will get one but there have been hints towards a match taking place in the near future. Another idea to throw into the mix would be CM Punk vs Vince McMahon. The attention their match got on RAW was amazing. It was the best crowd reaction since WrestleMania 28. The thing with WWE and WrestleMania is that there are so many rumours flying about and WWE can change things around quickly so we never really know who's wrestling who for certain until around February time. How much do you want to bet the dirt sheets will conjour up a "Hulk Hogan to wrestle at WrestleMania 29..." headline.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
Pretty lame payoff if this is true, all for a fucking game. I never expected Austin to face Punk or anyone else for that matter.

I'd be down to see a Punk/Taker match and i'd assume it would be for Mania because Taker damn sure won't be around for any PPV's after that other than SummerSlam at a push.

Like I said elsewhere, I feel as though one guy is currently in limbo right now. You'd imagine that Punk/Cena/Rock/Brock/Taker will make up two matches with 1 guy then who I presume will be Punk left with something outside of the box. I was thinking HHH could be drafted in again but we've seen him against Taker, seen him against Brock and is rumoured to meet him again at Survivor Series and we've seen stuff with Cena/Rock although quite a while ago but not something that needs to revisited, same deal with Punk really.
I read somewhere that he may be in a match at Survivor Series.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Steve Austin's movies are awful.

I would love to see a CM Punk vs Steve Austin match at WrestleMania either next year or the year after. Obviously as it stands right now it doesn't appear that we will get one but there have been hints towards a match taking place in the near future. Another idea to throw into the mix would be CM Punk vs Vince McMahon. The attention their match got on RAW was amazing. It was the best crowd reaction since WrestleMania 28. The thing with WWE and WrestleMania is that there are so many rumours flying about and WWE can change things around quickly so we never really know who's wrestling who for certain until around February time. How much do you want to bet the dirt sheets will conjour up a "Hulk Hogan to wrestle at WrestleMania 29..." headline.

One man's opinions about the films, I personally enjoy a good senseless violence movie.

And honestly, I hate when rumours fly around. Especially when they turn out to be true. I like to be surprised.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Truth is nobody knows what will be happening at Wrestlemania. It's a great story for dirt sheets because it'll change so many times between now and then. Does WWE want Austin for another match? You bet your ass they do. But nobody probably not even Austin knows if it'll happen at this point. Its growing pretty apparent that we'll get some sort of Austin Punk interaction before then probably in two weeks just before the game is released and we should be happy with that because that's more than we should have ever expected from Austin.

AF.

Reaction score
I've pretty much known Austin/Punk wouldn't happen from day 1 and never bought into the hype anyway. I feel sorry for those who actually thought it would happen.

I would rather see Cena/Taker than Punk/Taker. I think there are better options for Punk, maybe facing HHH or Rocky.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I don't want an Austin/Punk match to happen anyway, so good if this is true.

As for Taker/Punk, no to that as well. Punk should not be jobbing at WrestleMania, fuck that. I don't care if an Undertaker program is a big program, he needs to win. These dirtsheets have no idea what's going with Taker, though. First it was Lesnar, then it was Ryback of all people, now it's Punk.

Reaction score
If Punk does wrestle Taker, it's clearly because Taker has pegged Punk as the guy he's passing the torch to. Taker is 20-0. Now like everyone in this wild business, it's time for him to go out on his back. Punk is clearly the most capable for such an honor.