Update on CM Punk Possibly Wrestling Steve Austin and The Undertaker

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Punk/Taker happened 3 years ago, far too soon to be considered for a Wrestlemania match. It just isn't worthy of it, Punk isn't a big enough star or a believable threat to the streak.

I've said this before, but I'd love it if Wrestlemania XXX was given an 'Attitude Era vs PG Era' theme, with Taker/Cena, Punk/Austin and whoever else (New Age Outlaws vs tag champs at the time).

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
Punk/Taker happened 3 years ago, far too soon to be considered for a Wrestlemania match. It just isn't worthy of it, Punk isn't a big enough star or a believable threat to the streak.

I've said this before, but I'd love it if Wrestlemania XXX was given an 'Attitude Era vs PG Era' theme, with Taker/Cena, Punk/Austin and whoever else (New Age Outlaws vs tag champs at the time).
I like that idea... And maybe something like Ric Flair vs Dolph Ziggler lol

Undertaker

Reaction score
If Punk does wrestle Taker, it's clearly because Taker has pegged Punk as the guy he's passing the torch to. Taker is 20-0. Now like everyone in this wild business, it's time for him to go out on his back. Punk is clearly the most capable for such an honor.
No, he isn't. Thats just like saying Santino Marella should be WWE Champion.

CM Punk hasn't done a lot in the WWE and unfortunately when you join the company they don't care about what you've done in the past, especially if its just wrestling in minor indy promotions. He hasn't done nearly enough to be considered 'great' or a 'future hall of famer'. Also it would be a complete waste of 20+ years work by the WWE and Undertaker to throw away something they have based 'Taker's gimmick on throughout a number of feuds. Some things are better left untouched.

AF.

Reaction score
Punk should not end the streak. That is a ludicrous statement.

The streak should, and will never end.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Taker should stay retired, get his HOF sppech and move on.

He can make movies with Steve Austin and they can make buddy cop movies like Lethal Weapon style.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
As cool as it would be to see CM Punk wrestling Stone Cold I don't want to see anyone unneccessarily putting their body on the line. If Stone Cold wrestling is too much of a risk then he shouldn't do it, there is no real need for him to have another match other than the fact that it would be a cool thing to see for the fans. His health is more important than a match.

Punk vs. Taker would be good but WWE shouldn't go in that direction. Taker has one or two matches left, in my opinion, and because of that only huge names should face him. Cena is an absolute must for his last match and if he can wrestle this year then give him either Brock or Rock.