Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Edgeomatic

Reaction score
Now I was thinking. Undertaker VS Triple H III at Mania, I cant see that being the way Taker should go out. I really think Taker needs to end the streak by being taken to his absolute limit, beaten near half to death and barely winning against a John Cena/CM Punk/Daniel Bryan/Randy Orton. Type up and comer torch bearer. Thats just how it goes, and I also dont think Taker is done after this year. As nice as 20-0 is. I think 25-0 looks a whole lot better, even though he'd be 52 by that point.

Now, to the meat and potatoes of this post. What 5 people do you want to go against Taker at Mania? It can be any currently active superstar in TNA/RkK, WWE or RoH, or a WWE/wCw/ECW Alumni, not necessarily an older one either. It can be a guy like John Morrison or Bobby Lashley or Brock Lesnar who can still go/is young but isnt wrestling for whatever reason.

For reference, his current record.

VII Jimmy Snuka 1–0
VIII Jake Roberts 2–0
IX Giant González 3–0 Won via disqualification
XI King Kong Bundy 4–0
XII Diesel 5–0
13 Sycho Sid 6–0 For the WWF Championship in a No Disqualification match
XIV Kane 7–0 [23]
XV Big Boss Man 8–0 Hell in a Cell match
X-Seven Triple H 9–0
X8 Ric Flair 10–0 No Disqualification match
XIX Big Show & A-Train 11–0 Handicap match
XX Kane 12–0
21 Randy Orton 13–0
22 Mark Henry 14–0 Casket match
23 Batista 15–0 For the World Heavyweight Championship
XXIV Edge 16–0 For the World Heavyweight Championship
XXV Shawn Michaels 17–0
XXVI Shawn Michaels 18–0 No countout, no disqualification, Streak vs. Career match
XXVII Triple H 19–0 No Holds Barred match

Now, for my 5 people I want to see Taker face at Mania...

Wrestlemania 29 - CM Punk (I'm better then you cause I'm straight edge and I'll prove it by doing something no one else has done in 20 tries, beating the Undertaker.)

Wrestlemania 30 - Sting (Sting signs a one year, one or two match/HoF contract to end his career. Year long mind game lights go out appear in the rafters build up.)

Wrestlemania 31 - John Cena (Just cause it needs to happen)

Wrestlemania 32 - Daniel Bryan (His build up consists of him being trained by all of the non-kane still living wrestlemania opponents.)

Wrestlemania 33 - Ted DiBiase Jr. w/ Ted DiBiase Sr. (My dad made you, I will END you. Hopefully in 5 years Ted gets a decent fucking push.)

Last edited:

rcoot93

Reaction score
I would like to see Punk, Lesnar, Cena, Stone cold and Orton. But not neccasarily in that order

AF.

Reaction score
Nah. This should be his last. I'm worried about this guys health tbh. He has done everything a wrestler can possibly do, and doesn't need to be wrestling any longer.

You can argue he should face some younger talent, but WM time means going for $ time, so WWE will constantly put him in the biggest matches possible. He needs to retire.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
You are worried about his health this year?

Last year the guy wrestled after rotator cuff surgery without even rehabbing it. He was going to be out to Novemeber anyhow if he did the normal rehab and therapy without that match. He also got his hip and knee fixed up which he was hobbled with. Then he sat at home, rested without the road travel, and got back in the gym.

I don't get anyone worrying about Taker or HHH for that matter this year as opposed to last as both are in much better physical shape and less restricted. Heck HhH has been cleared to lift weights unlike just this past summer.

Im pumped because both men actually look like they have far more tread than just last year at wm27 when they put on a top match for others on the roster on that stage but not a HHh or Taker match on that stage

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Daniel Bryan will NEVER get a shot at the streak, I guarantee you that.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Daniel Bryan will NEVER get a shot at the streak, I guarantee you that.

I bet you guaranteed he wouldn't win MITB and the World title too.

Anyway, Taker needs to retire.

Hes skinny, old, and ironically looks like a corpse. Doesn't look good at all.

Andy

Reaction score
My five would consist of:

-Sting
-Kane
-Austin
-Jericho
-Cena

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
There's still plenty of names left for Taker to go against at Mania depending on how long his body can last. It's a shame that the chance has pretty much gone now but I would kinda liked to have seen Goldberg get a shot given his long ass streak over in WCW.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Seems to me like no matter how many times you do Taker/Kane, no matter how shittier each encounter gets with age, people still desperately want to see it again. I can't muster any excitement for that match whatsoever so I genuinely don't understand the appeal. Can someone explain this to me? Its one of those mysteries in life that I want to understand before I die.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Seems to me like no matter how many times you do Taker/Kane, no matter how shittier each encounter gets with age, people still desperately want to see it again. I can't muster any excitement for that match whatsoever so I genuinely don't understand the appeal. Can someone explain this to me? Its one of those mysteries in life that I want to understand before I die.

Yes, the match itself will suck, but the excitement, and feel around it will be amazing. It's a story. Andre and Hogan sucked match wise in my opinon, but it was huge because of the excitement and the feel of it. Thats why Kane and Undertaker always get a good reaction. It's the story that plays out, not the match itself.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Yes but its a story we've not only seen before, but exhausted the fuck out of. For me there's just nothing left between those two.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
They are the last two msycital characters in a day and age that blurs KAYFABE and reality, the last two true gimmicks wwe created and fans accept even after Taker rode a bike and Kane unmasked. They they are the the WWE version of Kane and Abel personifiied, Kames aggression theme co-signs that. They have never had their brotherhood called a sham ala Edge and Christian. They are the two single most destructive forces in the WWEs history when they team up. They are loved by the fans. Their stories are also intertwined and will be until they retire.

To me at the end of the day the fact is they should have a third WM encounter and both hang up their boots after it. To me only Kane can end the streak and in doing so, they can claim his character has found peace. I also think that there should be a huge theatrical pyro, lighting, rain, and etc showing after that encounter as both disappear forever in the darkness and fire finally at peace.

From a business side though casuals love them. The facts their little feud over the WHC got very good ratings, unlike Chirstian and Orton on top. They also did good buys headlining ppvs. Fans just love them whether they face one another or form BOD again, especially when they reunite as they have been together so rarely since 2001 as the wwe never over does their as team unlike DX when they reformed

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
There are certain feuds in WWE that I in no way want to see again, HHH/Orton and Kane/Taker. Would rather see them tag team and be put in the tag division like they did with DX for a short time if they are gonna do something together. But really as much as I' am a fan kind of hope he retires after this. Clears up a big spot and a opportunity for someone else to step up and take when it comes to mania.