Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andy

Reaction score
They are the last two msycital characters in a day and age that blurs KAYFABE and reality, the last two true gimmicks wwe created and fans accept even after Taker rode a bike and Kane unmasked. They they are the the WWE version of Kane and Abel personifiied, Kames aggression theme co-signs that. They have never had their brotherhood called a sham ala Edge and Christian. They are the two single most destructive forces in the WWEs history when they team up. They are loved by the fans. Their stories are also intertwined and will be until they retire.

To me at the end of the day the fact is they should have a third WM encounter and both hang up their boots after it. To me only Kane can end the streak and in doing so, they can claim his character has found peace. I also think that there should be a huge theatrical pyro, lighting, rain, and etc showing after that encounter as both disappear forever in the darkness and fire finally at peace.

From a business side though casuals love them. The facts their little feud over the WHC got very good ratings, unlike Chirstian and Orton on top. They also did good buys headlining ppvs. Fans just love them whether they face one another or form BOD again, especially when they reunite as they have been together so rarely since 2001 as the wwe never over does their as team unlike DX when they reformed

Couldn't have said it better myself. I've always thrown around the idea of them having Undertaker bring in a successor and then WWE having said successor take him out, but that would take years of build-up.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I bet you guaranteed he wouldn't win MITB and the World title too.

Anyway, Taker needs to retire.

Hes skinny, old, and ironically looks like a corpse. Doesn't look good at all.

That photo was taken a while ago, do you think if he works 1 or 2 dates a year he is going to train all the time? No, there's no point in putting his body through that so he just works out when he needs to before WrestleMania to get into shape. He doesn't look that old but the bald head makes him look worse.

Andy

Reaction score
Meh. I have to partially-agree with that. He hasn't looked that great the past few years. He's no Sting, that's for sure, at least when it comes to health. He's lost some weight, apart from that which isn't lost/gained from the sport.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score
I think Taker looks fine and hell he still put on the best match of the night with Hunter last year at WM and he's been putting good wrestlemania matches most of the time his first one against Kane, Triple H (both times) , Ric Flair, Randy Orton, Batista, Edge, Shawn Micheals (both times)

Edgeomatic

Reaction score
I think Taker looks fine and hell he still put on the best match of the night with Hunter last year at WM and he's been putting good wrestlemania matches most of the time his first one against Kane, Triple H (both times) , Ric Flair, Randy Orton, Batista, Edge, Shawn Micheals (both times)

Misread that as "I think Taker looks fine as hell." lol.

I think Taker looks like a 47 year old who's put his body through hell. Oddly enough, thats that he is.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
20-0 is a nice number to go out on but I would like to see him go until WM30. It is a milestone WM and it would be good to see him finish at that PPV. His final opponent has to be John Cena, I have no doubt about that. He is the only person that could face Undertaker and make people think that he will break the streak. Everyone else that faces him has no chance of breaking the streak but Cena does and so the fans will actually be worried about the outcome.

For WM29 I would book him preferably against Sting. If that can't happen then Brock or The Rock would be good. Then for WM30 it is John Cena for his final match and in my mind he should win and retire with the streak intact.