Underrated stars

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Axis

I'm kind of confused at people saying that the WEE screwed Carlito over. I would argue that Carlito screwed Carlito over. He always looks SO lazy in the ring, hardly putting forth full effort. Not to mention all of the reports of him publicly speaking out about his role in the company. Sure they are just internet rumors, but when they happen continuously, there's bound to be some truth to them. Carlito is good, but all of his matches seem to be the same thing; he seldom does much long-term selling and he tends not to go beyond his usual 5-6 moves. He's good yeah, but he's not underrated. He's not on TV because there are plenty of guys who try hard and are thus given on-air time.

Cannibal

Reaction score
Super Crazy: The man is not just some spotmonkey, his technical wrestling abilities are simply amazing.

Matt Striker: His mic skills are gold and the man knows how to wrestle as well.

Mike Knox: Big, brutal man that can usually work a good match with just about anybody. The angry boyfriend gimmick was great. He's the perfect guy for the "wrestler that snapped and beat the shit out of someone" type storylines.

Stacked_Deck

Reaction score
BRADEN WALKER! ... HAHAHAHAHA, no but seriously... im glad that piece of crap is out of WWE. Showing up for your debut TV match overweight and sloppy... not cool. But I think honestly that Gregory helms is one of the underated. JBL always said hes smackdowns secret weapon. i agree.

Reaction score
^^^You mean Chris Harris. He was very good in TNA last year and they sort of fucked him over. I hope everyone has learned their lesson.

Gregory Helms was underrated. He's been having some real problems in his life.

Shelton Benjamin. Since 2004 the best athlete that WWHHH doesn't want to push. He must be some piece of work when he's not wrestling. I just can't find any other reason why he's gone nowhere. Same for Carlito.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Because Shelton has no mic skills no charisma and cant make ago of the pushes he gets thats why plus he is getting a pretty good push at the moment he is isn't underrated he is just not main event material. Also HHH gave Shelton a pretty big push and put him over Shelton just didn't run with it hardly HHH or wwe fault.

As for carlito he is lazy and just does enough to get by he never goes above or beyond 1st gear plus the fact he slates his employers and co workers in the media probably doesn't go down to well if you want a push.

Airfixx

LOL at the guy that said The Hardy's, as individuals, are under-rated.

....No. Just no.

IMO, If anything Jeff is OVER-rated. He can wrestle an ok match, but I'd argue he only get's the pops he does in anticipation, or more accurately in encouragement, of his big leaps.

As for Matt... He actually has some of the stuff that Jeff is missing, but take away his tag-team history and I don't think he'd be anywhere near as over as he is. He is so blatantly missing the 'x'-factor.

Neither are world champ material IMO.

Seriously... Maybe they do justify the attention they get, but UNDER-rated... HELL NO.

the fishy fish

Reaction score
i always wanted Gregory helms to be a top cruserweight and when he comes back i want him to resume his role.
i agree on the point that as indivduals they are way underrated. but as a team that are overrated.
after Chris jericho injured HBKs eye i suspected a championship match against punk but no... so at the moment i think he is a tad underrated.
super crazy has been degraded to heat preformances and is definately the most colorless character on heat. he is without-a-doubt underrated.

Airfixx

i always wanted Gregory helms to be a top cruserweight and when he comes back i want him to resume his role.

Being champ of your particular division for the best part of a year says to me you are kinda being acknowledged for your ability/talent/work as much as possible.

i agree on the point that as indivduals they are way underrated. but as a team that are overrated.

Assuming that you are refering to my post about the Hardy's; re-read it - You DON'T agree with me...

Any more "rated", the pair of them would be world champs and they simply aren't goo enough.

Is it me or are under/over-rated two of the most mis-understood terms in cyber-space?

seX-Power

^Helms led a dying division in its last months, his title run was forgotten by the end of it all and he went to jobbing. he had a good feud with Matt Hardy though

The Hardys are perfectly rated imo.

Reaction score
Because Shelton has no mic skills no charisma and cant make ago of the pushes he gets thats why plus he is getting a pretty good push at the moment he is isn't underrated he is just not main event material. Also HHH gave Shelton a pretty big push and put him over Shelton just didn't run with it hardly HHH or wwe fault.

That doesn't cut it. WWHHH is scripted to the nth degree. Surely the writers could've produced interesting material for him to say.

As for Fuhrer H putting him over...nope. It included two roll up wins. In pro wrestling that doesn't mean much. Oh yeah, they both happened on RAW. Wa wa woo wah...

Airfixx

^^^Shelton's on his third singles title reign yet repeatedly fails to get over or make people give a shit about his character.

They can write all the shit they want for him, but if it's all brought crashing down by his lack of mic skills and charisma then what DO you expect WWE to do for him?

kingovkings

Reaction score
That doesn't cut it. WWHHH is scripted to the nth degree. Surely the writers could've produced interesting material for him to say.

As for Fuhrer H putting him over...nope. It included two roll up wins. In pro wrestling that doesn't mean much. Oh yeah, they both happened on RAW. Wa wa woo wah...

1ST they could have the best writers in hollywood write material for Shelton and he still wouldn't do jack with it he is shit on the mic and has no charisma yeah he has shit hot wrestling skills and has really good in the ring but you need more than good wrestling skills if the fans ain't interested and don't pop or give you heat hell any reaction for you basically ya fucked that's nothing to do with WWE or HHH.

2nd whether shelt won by roll up or not it don't matter it was a win and he beat HHH so he got a rub and trips helped him. if HHH was holding back his rise to fame he would have buried him plain and simple like he has so called SUPPOSEDLY done to do to loads of stars. Whatever way you look at it he got the wins over a top star that was hugely over so even being in a match with him helped him not hinder him. like a said no one is interested in him because all he has got is in ring skills and nothing else he isn't underrated at all.

Switchy

Reaction score
^^And The Miz.

The most underrated are prolly:
Elijah Burke
Super Crazy
Val Venis
Shad (has so much potentail and doesn't need JTG)
Kenny Dykstra
Jimmy Wang Yang

Yeah, there's others but those are the main ones from the top of my head