Underrated Sequels

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Grym Reaper

Reaction score
What are some movie sequels that you find to be underrated and get an undeserved bad rap in your opinion? They don't have to be sequels you think are better or as good as the originals, just sequels you think are good movies and deserve a better reception. Some of my favorite underrated sequels:

Ghostbusters II
Predator 2
Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom (prequel I know, but I think it counts)
Batman Returns
Die Hard 2
Jaws 2
RoboCop 2
Iron Man 2

To name a few. I think all are really good movies in their own right and all have an undeserved bad rap.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Psycho II of course. That's one of the best horror sequels out there.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Iron Man 2 is underrated, it's too similar to the first but it's not a bad movie by any means.

Same with Hangover 2, although even I'll admit the third was terribad.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Iron Man 2 is underrated, it's too similar to the first but it's not a bad movie by any means.
I actually really liked Iron Man 2. Thought Rockwell and Rourke were great and it's interesting to go back and see Shandling's character with the knowledge of how he ends up in Captain America. Also, how can you go wrong with an AC/DC soundtrack? I think it's about time I started reviewing the Marvel movies.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I actually really liked Iron Man 2. Thought Rockwell and Rourke were great and it's interesting to go back and see Shandling's character with the knowledge of how he ends up in Captain America. Also, how can you go wrong with an AC/DC soundtrack? I think it's about time I started reviewing the Marvel movies.

I'd love to read those. Just go gentle yeah?

Swinny

Reaction score
Psycho II of course. That's one of the best horror sequels out there.

I'd actually argue that Psycho IV is the most underrated of the bunch. Psycho II is great, but that one does get quite a bit of love, I don't really see the same for Psycho IV, I barely ever see it brought up unless someone is specifically talking about the series and when that happens it tends to be shit on a lot of the time and called the worst of the bunch but I think it's definitely better than III and right up there with the second.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'd actually argue that Psycho IV is the most underrated of the bunch. Psycho II is great, but that one does get quite a bit of love, I don't really see the same for Psycho IV, I barely ever see it brought up unless someone is specifically talking about the series and when that happens it tends to be shit on a lot of the time and called the worst of the bunch but I think it's definitely better than III and right up there with the second.
Now that I think about it, yeah, II does tend to get a lot of love where IV is kind of either passed over or pooped on as you say. I personally liked it a lot (more than III) and thought the acting was great. Olivia Hussey was off the charts as Mrs. Bates, totally against type for the goody goody character that she normally plays in movies.

Swinny

Reaction score
Yeah the acting was great and I'd say it's the most unique sequel of the bunch and maybe that's why some people didn't like it as much. It's also less of a horror movie than all the other sequels though, but really that just makes it more like the original than the other two sequels.

Castiel

Reaction score
You know, I've never even watched a Psycho sequel. I may just give them a look. And everyone knows Predator 2 kicked ass!

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
House 2.