UFC Undisputed 3

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
If you like to have only one on one fights... it is. The fighting mechanics are good, it moves smoothly, and the fighters look good.

I can also say that every mode has had a huge update done to them compared to last year's game. It is just a whole lot better than the previous ones. Like how Smackdown has little tweaks between years... this one had a huge leap from the previous one.

Last edited:

Ben

Reaction score
I skipped last years version and I most likely won't pick this up either. Bottom line is I just couldn't have fun with these in the past cause I couldn't get the move set down. Stand up was fine but once fights went to the ground I couldn't reverse or do pretty much anything.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
They did change ground transitions to make it easier on this one too. You can change it so if you just push the right analog up you do a minor transition and if you push down its a major transition. I know I always had problems on the ground but stand up I was a beast.

UFC 2010 was a minor step up from the previous one... but trust me this one is a huge step up from the other two. I'd say try out the demo first cause the demo really sold me on it.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
I skipped last years version and I most likely won't pick this up either. Bottom line is I just couldn't have fun with these in the past cause I couldn't get the move set down. Stand up was fine but once fights went to the ground I couldn't reverse or do pretty much anything.
this is the main thing they fixed.its much better broskie.

Dod Draper

Reaction score
Got this game earlier this week and am enjoying it.

Career mode is a lot of fun. I spent countless hours on the UFC 1 & 2 career modes and I've already spent a lot of time on this career mode.

It reminds me a lot of the WWE:HCTP career mode; it's fun, and the outcome of your matches matter. Winning titles, and getting awards, feels like an achievement. WWE games these days suck because the RTW matches are all meaningless. You play the matches, and watch the same cutscene regardless of result.

I only compare the two series because they're both made by THQ.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
I love UFC 3. Its a hell of a much better then the last. The only thing im really not fond of is the submission system but it's passable. The transitions and everything are so much smoother especially when you're going in to finish the fight. I also love that they added Pride.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Does anyone know how to hype a fight in career mode? It's really bugging me.

Like the prefight and post fight interviews? They took that out which I'm kind of glad for. I like it but I mean in UFC2 after my guy was 50-4 or whatever my record is the weigh ins and everything was just so repetitive and boring that I usually skipped them.

Hired_Merc

Reaction score
After the fight it shows the screen where it tells you how much creds you got and where you got them. One of the parts says "Fight Hype". Mine's always been on 0, not sure how to get it higher at all.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
My fight hype bonus i at 6750. I guess just keep winning and win in impressive fashion a lot.

And by a lot... this is my current introduction that Bruce gives my career fighter in his fights now...

He is the former Pride middleweight and heavyweight champion of pride. He is the former UFC light heavyweight champion. Ladies and gentlemen he is the reigning and defending UFC heavyweight champion of the world. Presenting the legendary hall of fame UFC octagon warrior.

Yeah I accomplished a lot :p

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Sorry for the 3-month bump, but is anyone still playing this? I just bought it last week, I really, REALLY love this game, but I'm having a bitch of a time with my ground game and would love any tips any of you could share with me.

My biggest problem is fighting people like Koscheck on the ground. I have absolutely no problems at all getting to the ground whether it be through a throw or a takedown, but the AI always seems to be able to transition from the bottom at will on me and keeps getting back to their feet. My transition defense is pitiful to say the least. Even if I hold back on the right joystick to block, they seem to power right through it. I'm typically looking to get to a position where I can land hammer fists. I would LIKE to do that from mount, but I usually end up spamming side control.

Help plz?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Do you use the Amateur Control or Pro Control? I use Amateur control myself as it's only up and down motion to transition. Could be worth a try.

It does say though that even when you're holding the stick back to block transitions they will eventually break through, so maybe try watching for them to transition then hit them with a punch, or try to improve your position during that little timeframe.

I just finished my first career mode and ended up 51-7 I think it was. I really enjoy the career mode but I HATE having to level up the different skills before every fight, really does my head in having to select what I want to work on, but then having to check what stats it improves while taking note of what it takes away from, such a chore. I just started a new career with an actual fighter though because I thought you wouldn't have to do this, but it turns out you do :henry2:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I'm using pro controls because I dig the complexity, its just hard to get certain timings down. Koscheck is an absolute bitch though, but submitting him seems to be key. I used Nate Diaz and countered his takedown attempt and turned it into a guillotine choke... made that son of a bitch tap 30 seconds into the fight. I improved a little with my ground game today, I want that to be my strength because I love going for submissions. Gonna work more on my striking and swaying tomorrow. Getting into slug fests, particularly with Anderson Silva was not working out for me.

I really like using Phil Davis, Rory McDonald, Nate, Overeem, Machida, Severn, and even Lesnar sometimes. Royce is okay too, but he doesn't cause much damage. GSP and Anderson are just too easy, you can fucking suck and dominate with them.

Bob Sapp is a piece of shit BTW.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
What mode do you play?

Has anyone done the title fights mode yet? You have to defend your belt 100 times in a sitting without losing otherwise it's game over and your damage carries over from each fight.

Why I chose him I don't know, but I just started a new career mode last night with Ryan Bader, currently 12-2 or something.