UFC on Fox 3: Diaz vs. Miller

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ben

Reaction score
Hell of a card so far.....really impressed with Belcher in his fight.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I got Koscheck in this next one. Kinda want to see him against Carlos Condit. Cause let's face it, he's never going to beat GSP for the Welterweight gold.

Ben

Reaction score
I had Johnny winnimg that fight.....once again though hell of a card easily the best FOX show they've done.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Without a doubt the best FOX card yet. That last one could have gone either way, so at least Koscheck didn't make me look like an absolute dumbass.

Anywho, calling Diaz on this one, though I sense another less established guy could take this one, too. Still, if Diaz strikes like he did against 'Cowboy', he'll pretty much be unstoppable. Good luck to both men, really.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
That was one hell of a card, i had an awesome night at UFC. On my way back to Connecticut now. Nice sub by Diaz, defiantly shoots himself up the ladder at 155.

Last edited:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Here's the Medical Suspensions, Fight Night Bonuses, Prelim/Main Card results + Live Attendance and Gate figures

Live Gate/Attendance

The UFC On FOX 3 fight card, headlined by Nate Diaz and Jim Miller drew 10,788 fans to the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey for a live gate of $1.1 million.

UFC president Dana White announced the figures at the event's post-fight press conference.

Fight Night Bonuses

UFC on FOX 3: Diaz vs. Miller went down tonight from the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey. As usual the superlative fighters of the night were given performance bonuses, this time in the amount of $65,000.

Fight of the Night was awarded to flyweights Louis Gaudinot and John Lineker, who battled back and forth before Gaudinot sunk in the fight-ending rear naked choke in the second round.

Lavar Johnson took home Knockout of the Night for his impressive stoppage of Pat Barry. After overcoming some brief adversity on the mat, Johnson pinned Barry to the cage and teed off with repeated right uppercut-left hook combinations until his opponent slumped to the mat.

Finally, Submission of the Night went to Nate Diaz, who forced Jim Miller to tap to a guillotine in the night's main event. With the win, Diaz earned a title shot and became the first man to ever finish Miller.

Medical Suspensions

-Johny Hendricks: suspended indefinitely pending opthalmological exam (right eye)

-Josh Koscheck: suspended indefinitely pending CT scan of facial bones

-Alan Belcher: suspended indefinitely pending X-ray of right hand

-Lavar Johnson: suspended indefinitely pending X-ray of left hand

-Tony Ferguson: suspended indefinitely pending X-ray of left forearm

-John Dodson: suspended indefinitely pending X-ray of left hand

-Pascal Krauss: suspended indefinitely pending X-ray of right foot

-Louis Gaudinot: suspended indefinitely pending X-rays of both left and right hands and 30 days for a tough fight

-Danny Castillo: suspended indefinitely pending X-ray of right hand

-Nick Denis: suspended indefinitely pending CT facial (orbits) and CT of head and suspended 30 days for a tough fight

-Rousimar Palhares: suspended 30 days for TKO loss

-Pat Barry: suspended 30 days for TKO loss

-John Lineker: suspended 30 days for submission loss

-Dennis Bermudez: suspended 60 days for facial laceration healing

Preliminary Card

Karlos Vemola defeated Mike Massenzio via submission (rear naked choke) 1:07 of round 2

Roland Delorme defeated Nick Denis via submission (rear naked choke) at 4:59 of round 1

Dennis Bermudez defeated Pablo Garza via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Danny Castillo defeated John Cholish via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Louis Gaudinot defeated John Lineker via submission (guillotine) at 4:54 of round 2

John Hathaway defeated Pascal Krauss via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)

John Dodson defeated Tim Elliot via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

Michael Johnson defeated Tony Ferguson via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

Main Card

Lavar Johnson defeated Pat Barry via TKO (strikes) at 4:38 of round 1

Alan Belcher defeated Rousimar Palhares via TKO (strikes) at 4:18 of round 1

Johny Hendricks defeated Josh Koscheck via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

Nate Diaz defeated Jim Miller via submission (guillotine) at 4:09 of round 2

And for anybody interested here's the full post fight press conference

[video=youtube;kuSQBiX_D5k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuSQBiX_D5k&feature=g-all-u[/video]

Last edited:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
This show was incredible. No doubt it's the best Fox show that the UFC has put on, being there live was amazing the crowd was hot all night and I'd defiantly come back to Jersey for a UFC show. I was disappointed that Palhares got beat up in his fight which i thought was a very winnable fight for him. I think Lavar Johnson is ready to move up in competition, maybe a Mark Hunt or Gabriel Gonzaga will be in his future. Even though Hendricks won his fight and it was HUGE win for him, i think he needs to work on a few things before the words "I want a title shot with GSP" come out of his mouth maybe give him the winner of Ellenberger/Kampmann and make it a number one contenders fight. Nate Diaz is a fucking beast, since his return to light weight he's been unstoppable, Dana confirmed that Nate has been offered a fight with Anthony Pettis or he can wait for a title shot and as of right now Nate says he plans on waiting but I think he'll change his mind. He was impressive tonight, and i was shocked to see him take this fight with Miller with such ease. His sub was sick, and I'm going to GIF it eventually.

Overall, awesome night for me and any UFC fan for that matter. Great card full of amazing fights. Next show is UFC On Fuel TV where we'll see the Korean Zombie challenge Dustin Porrier that fight is going to be taking place on May 15th.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Didn't get to see it yet because ESPN here didn't show it live so I watched the Mayweather fight, but these results are terribly disappointing.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I was disappointed with some of the results mainly Miller/Diaz and Pallahares, but defiantly catch the show when you can. The results might not be so great, but the fights were damn good on this card.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Is Lavar Johnson related to The Rock?

Seriously, the last name, plus look at the guy in the press conference he looks exactly like Rock.

Anyway gonna watch this on teh UFC app now, probably gonna be on a downer because Palhares and Miller lost. I heard that Belcher got out of the heel hook too, which is impossible.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
The fast national numbers are in for last night's show and it totalled 2.25 million viewers. It should be noted that this is a number that measured what was on from 8-10 p.m. on all the FOX stations, which means on the West Coast, it measured whatever the station aired in that slot. Some stations aired a replay of the fights and many aired other programming.

But no matter how you slice it, the number was very bad. That number would work out to a rating in the 1.2 or 1.3 range, horrible for first-run network programming. With the West Coast, the number could rise. The first show rose about 19% but the second show didn't rise at all from the original number, so we're looking at a final number probably between a 1.2 and 1.6.

The 1/28 show did a 2.6 rating and 4.7 million viewers.

Not good news for the rating of this show, took a huge hit compared to the last Fox show.

Ben

Reaction score
I'm not to worried about the ratings yet, if it dips again it's bad news, but the fact that they went up against the Mayweather fight hurt them here, next cards rating will be a telling sign. Anyways on to my thoughts about the main card.

Diaz/Miller: Nate is in the fucking zone right now, thought for sure Miller would be able to take him down and his boxing was top notch as normal. If there looking for a #1 contender @ 155 he's prob it. If they don't give it to him straight away though a Diaz/Pettis fight to have a true #1 to fight either Frankie or Bendo would be a great idea.

Belcher/Palhares: I was on the Palhares bandwaggon big time, and though on the ground he could easily work on Belcher. Obviously not the case as Belcher looked great, 185 actually looks exciting for the first time in a long time especially with Lombard coming in.

Hendricks/Kos: Close fight Kos did his usual routine and Johnny impressed, this wins puts Hendricks in the top 5 @ WW but I still think he needs one more big win before a title shot.

Barry/Johnson: Barry is a bum, gassed after the first and then got rocked. Johnson is scary though hopefully he gets a more well rounded fighter in his next fight.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
This article didn't mention it and i read it else where but the show actually peaked a 3.5 Million viewers at one point. I still think in terms of quality of fights it was the best Fox show they've done.

I was at it live so I'm going to download it in a bit and see how it came across on TV.

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Pat Barry losing broke my heart, I dunno why I like him, but I just do. I dunno what he weighs in at, but I wonder if a move down to Light Heavyweight could work for him because he's such a small hevyweight.