UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Edgeomatic

Reaction score
Anger clouds Judgement. Anyone ever have their eyes go red and you switch to autopilot?

Sonnen will be calm, cool and collected. Silva will be angry, crazy and un-focused. This will be good.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
The first episode of UFC Prime time for Silva-Sonnen debuts this Saturday @ 7pm. Must see TV, it'll be on Fuel TV though, so some of you may have to wait until Sunday when it's on Youtube.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Just got done with the first episode of UFC Primetime for the Silva-Sonnen fight, it was pretty awesome. I'll post it on here tomorrow or later on tonight when i get home for anybody else who wants to see it. I believe the second episode is on Tuesday.

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I honestly didn't like it, purely for the fact they kept harping on about Silva having a boo boo in the first fight.

It's an overplayed stat, seems like a lot of people are picking Anderson in the rematch because he's going to be 'fresh' and '100%'. Newsflash - he had a minor rib injury, not fucking cancer. He wasn't that dehabilitated in the first fight that there will be any major differnce in this, it doesn't work like that; see Mir vs Nog 1 & 2 for proof.

I don't care how hard you are, there is absolutely no chance he had BROKEN ribs going into a fight, not only would he of not got doctors clearance, he wouldn't of lasted the distance. I have watched "Like Water", and his ribs were legit injured, but the guy is such a fraud its hard to tell how damaging it was.

Thats my take anyway, I hate the slant they are selling the fight with. Is it so bad to admit you got yr ass handed to you in a fight? Not like I am gonna think less of him for it, I think hes a piece of shit now for the machismo fronting and not giving a guy his due.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Anger clouds Judgement. Anyone ever have their eyes go red and you switch to autopilot?

Sonnen will be calm, cool and collected. Silva will be angry, crazy and un-focused. This will be good.

Silva will be un-focused? Seriously? A professional fighter knows how to channel and control themselves. They know how to make sure their anger doesn't get the best of them. They know how to use it right. Silva can be pissed but he won't be out of control and crazy.

Ben

Reaction score
Week of the fight, pretty excited..prob just going to stay in and order it as getting a reliable stream does not seem likely.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah I've already paid for the show, just have to tune in Saturday night. Can't wait.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I get off at 930 that night. Gonna have to try to do some configuring and planning for Saturday to figure out how I'ma catch it... even if I wind up having to catch it on my own. I AM seeing this.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Dunno how I'm watching yet. I don't wanna pay $44.95 on PPV as it's too much and I already pay enough monthly for cable and especially when I also order every WWE PPV which are an additional $30 each.

Might use a free stream or go out to like a bar.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Sports bar is the way to go. Pretty good food, cheaper to watch the fights :D

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Lets see if Anderson's mouth is as big as it was last week when he has Sonnen sitting next to him.

Chael might have hypogonadism but its Anderson who has no balls.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Here's the press conference, it starts at around the 25:00 mark, even though it's only a presser it was still pretty awesome. Good shit.

[video=youtube;0HDUNUcJkl0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HDUNUcJkl0[/video]

Reactions: 1 person

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Was just about to come in here and ask if it had been uploaded yet.

Cheers brah.