UFC 143: Diaz vs. Condit

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
UFC143_04_JPG_large.jpg

Main Card
Interim Welterweight Championship Bout: Nick Diaz vs Carlos Condit
Welterweight Bout: Josh Koscheck vs Mike Pierce
Heavyweight Bout: Roy Nelson vs Fabricio Werdum
Middleweight Bout: Rafael Natal vs Michael Kuiper
Welterweight Bout: Matt Brown vs Chris Cope
Preliminary Card
Bantamweight Bout: Scott Jorgensen vs Renan Barão
Bantamweight Bout: Alex Caceres vs Edwin Figueroa
Welterweight Bout: Jorge Lopez vs Amir Sadollah
Featherweight Bout: Dustin Poirier vs Ricardo Lamas
Welterweight Bout: Justin Edwards vs Mike Stumpf

[video=youtube;K4D0TTNBPYE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4D0TTNBPYE[/video]

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I like it.

Some of those will be more one sided than they look though I think, Diaz will plough through Condit (Condit's been hyped a bit too far since he moved to Jacksons camp) and Nelson will batter Werdum.

Ben

Reaction score
Yea I don't see the Condit love, Diaz should wreck him and then we can have some exciting fights at WW until GSP comes back next year. Don't think Werdum is going to be able to dominate Roy to the point that he'll be able to get him down and sub him.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Yeah I'm hoping that Diaz gets the win here, I like the thought of him and GSP fighting for the true welterweight title.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
A welterweight bout between Matt Brown (12-11 MMA, 5-5 UFC) and Chris Cope (5-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) has been added to February's UFC 143 event.

UFC officials today announced that verbal agreements are in place for the fight.

UFC 143 takes place on the eve of the NFL's Super Bowl, Feb. 4, at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

The night's main card airs on pay-per-view. However, Brown vs. Cope is expected to be part of the preliminary card, which is expected to air on FX.

Win or lose, Brown usually puts on a good fight, which is probably the reason he's getting another fight despite a recent 1-4 skid. "The Ultimate Fighter 7" cast member made a quick splash in the UFC and won four of his first five fights, and the lone loss came via split to then-unbeaten Dong Hyun Kim. But after a three-fight skid, he rebounded for a decision victory over John Howard at UFC on Versus 4. However, he was then choked out by Seth Baczynski at this past month's UFC 139 event.

He now meets Cope, a "TUF 13" semifinalist who earned a decision victory over Chuck O'Neil in his official UFC debut on the undercard of the show's live finale. However, this past month at UFC 138, Che Mills stopped him with knees and punches in a 40-second TKO loss. Like Brown, the Arena MMA fighter likely is fighting for his job at UFC 143.
MMAjunkie.com

This also

A welterweight fight between Justin Edwards (7-2 MMA, 1-1 UFC) and Mike Stumpf (11-3 MMA, 0-1 UFC) has been added to February's UFC 143 lineup.

UFC officials today announced that verbal agreements are in place for the bout.

UFC 143, which is headlined by an interim welterweight title fight between Nick Diaz and Carlos Condit, takes place on the eve of the NFL's Super Bowl, Feb. 4, at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

The night's main card airs on pay-per-view. However, Edwards vs. Stumpf is expected to be part of the preliminary card, which is expected to air on FX.

Edwards, a cast member on "The Ultimate Fighter 13," suffered a split-decision defeat to Clay Harvison on the undercard of the show's live finale. He got a second UFC fight despite the loss, and he then earned a decision victory over Jorge Lopez. However, this past month at UFC 138, he took a late-notice fight with John Maguire and suffered a decision defeat.

The Ohio-based Edwards likely is fighting for his UFC job when he meets Stumpf, who also needs a win. The Team Curran fighter made his promotional debut in September at UFC Fight Night 25 but suffered a submission loss to T.J. Waldburger. Prior to the bout, the EliteXC vet and longtime XFO fighter was on a 5-1 run.

MMAjunkie.com

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Really looking forward to this fight and I like that they are going for a belt since GSP will be away for too long. I am one of those on the Condit bandwagon and I think that he will be a good challenge for Diaz. I can see why Diaz is favourite but I think that it will be a close fight.

Koscheck should be too good for Pierce and I actually see Werdum defeating Nelson

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
A middleweight bout between Ed Herman (19-7 MMA, 6-5 UFC) and Clifford Starks (8-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) has been added to February's UFC 143 event.

Officials today announced that verbal agreements are in place for the matchup.

UFC 143, which is headlined by an interim welterweight title fight between Nick Diaz and Carlos Condit, takes place on the eve of the NFL's Super Bowl, Feb. 4, at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

The night's main card airs on pay-per-view. However, Herman vs. Starks is expected to be part of the preliminary card, which is expected to air on FX.

Herman, who sat out nearly two years due to a serious knee injury, returned in August and scored a 48-second TKO victory over Tim Credeur at the TUF 13 Finale. Then, at UFC on Versus 5, he submitted Kyle Noke with a first-round heel hook. Herman, "The Ultimate Fighter 3" runner-up, is now 3-1 over his past four fights. The lone defeat came to Aaron Simpson in a bout cut short by Herman's knee injury.

Starks, an Arizona Combat Sports product who quickly rose through the Rage in the Cage promotion, made his UFC debut in October at UFC 137. Although he fought two weeks prior at Shark Fights 20, Starks earned a hard-fought unanimous-decision victory over fellow newcomer Dustin Jacoby at UFC 137. He's now won every fight since his pro debut two years ago

MMAJunkie.com

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I always enjoy watching Big Country fight so can't wait to see if he's gotten into even better shape since his last fight. Always heard of Werdum by name but never seen him fight so i'm interested to see how he goes.

Hope Diaz wins, would love to see him smash GSP. Hate Koscheck but don't know who Pierce is but i'm hoping he can take out Koscheck

Ben

Reaction score
Even with GSP hurt this is still a good card. Hope to see Kos get the win which he should and then throw him a title shot against Diaz, as that would be a hell of a match.

Ben

Reaction score
No would be a first time matchup, unless I'm overlooking a fight from earlier in the 2000's

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Nah i think you're right, I'm sure with GSP out for a while they might throw Josh into the mix for the title.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
UFC143_04_JPG_large.jpg

Main Card

Interim Welterweight Championship Bout: Nick Diaz vs Carlos Condit
Welterweight Bout: Josh Koscheck vs Mike Pierce
Heavyweight Bout: Roy Nelson vs Fabricio Werdum
Middleweight Bout: Rafael Natal vs Michael Kuiper
Welterweight Bout: Matt Brown vs Chris Cope

Preliminary Card

Bantamweight Bout: Scott Jorgensen vs Renan Barão
Bantamweight Bout: Alex Caceres vs Edwin Figueroa
Welterweight Bout: Jorge Lopez vs Amir Sadollah
Featherweight Bout: Dustin Poirier vs Ricardo Lamas
Welterweight Bout: Justin Edwards vs Mike Stumpf

[video=youtube;BV_vKSx0368]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV_vKSx0368[/video]

This is the next major show the UFC is going to have(not counting the FX and Fox shows, because they're free) it's 3 weeks away on Feb 4th it's the Superbowl weekend show. The fight card on this thread was back on the first page so i thought I'd re post the fight card and everything else to get some conversation going on about the show again. This is actually a pretty solid card, I'm expecting Diaz to get the win over Condit, not to take anything away from him but i think that Nick Diaz is too much for him. And for the first time since what 2007? somebody other than GSP will be welterweight champion, the winner of that fight obviously will go on to fight GSP at some point in 2012. I feel like this is Nick Diaz's year I'm not going to guarantee it but i really do think he's the guy to beat GSP.​

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Hoping for Diaz to win and then go onto fuck GSP up, i'm bored to death of him.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Hoping for Diaz to win and then go onto fuck GSP up, i'm bored to death of him.

GSP is not impressed with your post about him :p

But really... I feel that Diaz is gonna win this fight and go on to face off against GSP. Gonna be a huge fight. And will be a toss up depending on how well GSP will recover from his injury and how he will be able to deal with the boxing skills of Diaz.

Status
Not open for further replies.