• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

UFC 140: Jones vs. Machida

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
200px-UFC140_PRESALE_JPG.jpg

UFC 140

Offical Fight Card

Main Card

Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Jon Jones (c) vs. Lyoto Machida
Heavyweight bout: Frank Mir vs. Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira
Welterweight bout: Rory MacDonald vs. Brian Ebersole
Light Heavyweight bout: Tito Ortiz vs. Antônio Rogério Nogueira
Featherweight bout: Mark Hominick vs. Chan Sung Jung

Preliminary card

Light Heavyweight bout: Krzysztof Soszynski vs. Igor Pokrajac
Lightweight bout: John Makdessi vs. Dennis Hallman
Welterweight bout: Claude Patrick vs. Rich Attonito
Lightweight bout: Mark Bocek vs. Nik Lentz
Lightweight bout: Mitch Clarke vs. John Cholish

I always like watching Jon Jones fight so this is a must watch PPV for me. He always looks so calm and comfortable in the Octagon and it will take a lot to stop him. Should be a good fight against Machida but I don't see Jones losing his title here.

I had written Big Nog off before the Rio card but his KO of Schaub was impressive. I still expect Mir to win here.

Ortiz vs. Lil Nog will be an interesting fight. Ortiz has had a good run as of late and I wonder if he can continue that for one more fight.

What do you think of the card?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Now this is a good card, very very good card.

Def gonna be watching this one. Some good fights here especially with Ortiz, Mir and Machida all fighting.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It is a really good card and fingers crossed there are no injuries before the PPV because I don't want this card changed.

Ben

Reaction score
Really want to see Jones get tested and I think that Machida can be the guy to do it. People who think Machida has fallen off are way off, cause IMO he got robbed in the Rampage fight as he should of won there.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree that he was robbed in the Rampage fight, I thought that he clearly had it won. I hope that Machida can push Jones but at the same time I want Jones to continue his win streak and start dominating the division.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Probably Bones' biggest test @ 205, because IMO Rashads wrestling is exaggerated. But still see Jones all over Machida and stopping him, wouldnt be shocked to see Jones rocked for teh first time tho as Machida is great on the counter.

Deuce

Reaction score
Great match card, looking forward to Jon "Bones" Jones vs Lyoto Machida. I think Jones will end up defeating Machida but it will be a great match, Jones is a great overall UFC fighter and he is all around talented. The thing is though, Machida has amazing kick strength SO if he catches Jones with one than I don't know how much longer the match will go on for.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
This is the next UFC show thought I'd get some discussion going on about it.

I'm really looking forward to this card, it's got some HUGE names on it hopefully nobody gets injuried and the card stays the same. Jones and Machida is going to be crazy good. Awesome to see both Big and Little Nog fighting on the same card, both against fairly good fighters.

The Prelims are Eh, but I've said that about the last few shows and then i end up watching them and they're really good.

Kind of thinking that Frank Mir wants to eject himself into the Heavyweight title picture, even though it's basically all laid out for the next year or so but i think if he puts up a great fight he could be the guy to take somebodys place if there's an injury so look for him to have a good fight against Big Nog.

Tito lost to Rashad a few months ago but he still looked pretty good in the fight, and before that fight he had an impressive submission win over Ryan Bader using a guillotine choke and i think he's going to be going out to make a case for the light heavy weight title as it was being rumored if he beat Rashad a few months back he would've been in the mix for number one contender. I love Little Nog and I'll probably pick him to win the fight but it's going to be a really good fight regardless.

And Jones and Machida, i love how Jones has turned into this amazing fighter in the UFC but i just have this weird gut feeling he's going to drop the title here, Machida knows what he's doing in the octagon it's not going to be easy for Jones to pick up the win in this one.

Dademo

Reaction score
Jon Jones has been on my shit list ever since he started becoming cocky after beating Shogun. I think Machida will catch him and shock the world. I think Big Nog will sub Mir this time and Little Nog wil save his career by beating Tito. Hominick vs. Korean Zombie is going to be a fucking sick fight.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Jones Sparring

[video=youtube;8a8gozvoB7I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8a8gozvoB7I[/video]

Also found this and thought it was interesting

[video=youtube;epKlIu43lo8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epKlIu43lo8&feature=related[/video]

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I'm glad I got this day off. I've been waiting and wanting to see this fight and now I'ma wind up seeing it with my friend on her birthday :D

But those top 3 fights are gonna be something. Little Nog has quite a bit to prove considering his outings haven't been that impressive. If Big Nog shows up like he did in Brazil for this fight... Mir is going down and is going down hard. Not to discredit Mir in anyway but a healthy Nog is a top notch heavyweight. Just hoping Mir comes in healthy as well that way this will be a top tier co-main event.

Jones/Machida... I'm still pulling for Jones. Machida has the best second best chance to pull off the upset, with Evans having the best, but I feel there is still so much more of Jones that we have not seen him do in there yet and that can be the thing that leans things in his favor.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
"I've always felt confident with martial arts, and I always knew that I would fight Lyoto one day. Lyoto's a great opponent, man, he's game. I think he takes this sport seriously. I think he's unpredictable, he's fast. Lyoto loves distance and I love distance, but I have the longer limbs, and I believe I'm just as fast.

"So if Lyoto wants to play the distance game with me, I think that's going to be awesome.

"I'm also very upredicatbale. I have tons of confidence and faith in my wrestling abilities against Lyoto. I feel as if I can shoot at his legs and take him down. And I also feel as if I have tons of versatilty from the clinch.

"I know myself. I know my weaknesses, I am not naive to them. And I am starting to understand my opponnt. I am starting to understand what makes Lyoto Lyoto ... where he's strong, where he's weak.

"I will defeat Lyoto Machida. I believe that it's my destiny to be UFC champion for many years."

Fightline.com