TT.Tiger tamer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moonlight Drive

I think all the changes are actually great ideas, with the exception of the parts one. Not many people are going to be able to read through a whole PPV in one part.

As for the one month thing, we brought it upon ourselves.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Some Questions....

Is a One time event thingie with a partnered BTB'er is included here???

Only one BTB, regardless of whether or not it's a partnered one.

Is this too long??? I mean... most reasons why they close their BTB's is that they have a new idea for a new BTB and they realized the other BTB is turning shit (we're all humans >_>) then there could be a point where the booker is so excited to post that new BTB that they can't wait one month...

People abuse the shit out of this. If they are forced to take a month off, it means they'll actually have time to plan and choose the best idea, instead of posting them all.

How 'bout the PPV's?

PPV's in two parts. One part just promotes spam like OMG I LIKED THE FIRST PART I'LL REVIEW LATER!!!!!

Can I still use the old crappy method in a proper way, I mean not like this?

BM: The Main Event FTW! hands down!
WM: The women's match 'coz I am not into this kind of matches sorry...
BP: The Opening match!
WP: The One liner promo...
Additional Feedbacks: OMFG! Awesome! 10 stars!

but instead I'll make a brief explanation why I picked it as the BM,WM,BP and WP???

It'd be better if you commented on all that requires commenting on. People should learn what they need to work on with all aspects, not just a few of them.

I can still plug at MSN! :shifty:

Not if I stalk you. :shifty:

Is the One time Ultra Magnetic Mega Event included here???

:shifty:

Sorry if someone already asked these questions and BKB already answered it... I am just too Gards to read the past posts...

It is better on the reader to allow PPVs to be posted in parts.

It's better to not have a truckload of spam in threads. If you're going to take more than one sitting to read a PPV, then do it. You don't need to get a review up immediately. God, it's not like you have to review the person as soon as they've posted their show.

LAURINAITIS33

Reaction score
I know where you are coming from BKB, with the new rules but I don't see a need for a drastic overhaul at this time. I like how this site is as it is more laid back and less serious than others which isn't a bad thing. Although sites have similar rules that you are implementing, they have more users starting projects all the time then this one.

I don't think the two-week rule, posting ppvs in two threads or the reviews process hurt anybody and here are my reasons

Two Week Rule

1. Most people here stick with it here. Newcomers might take awhile but what I have seen really for the most usually find their project fun and stays with them for awhile. People that don't benefit from the two week break in terms of planning won't benefit from a month either. It will only hurt the good writers that get burned out on the one they are doing. If the time comes and their is alot of writers here, then move should be made.

Posting PPVS/Reviews

We have a hard enough time here to get reviews because of the lack of active people and making it harder for them to post one only hurts the section more. Making it harder for people to read PPVS and making them post longer reviews hurts everybody. Once again, I don't think this is active enough for this to be a problem.

And on another note, I hope you don't want to do away from the BTB Lounge where people post their Rants and Takes on the section because when they are posted, I think they are joyable to read and pretty funny.

Summing it up, I understand you want to make this a better section but don't take away what makes this section unique from other sites and that is the voice of writers. I don't want this section to turn into a bitchfest like the other site, BTB where people can't do anything. I think this site is fine and everybody gets along so I don't see the need to fix it. If their is a IWF explosion of BTBers coming here then yeah new rules need to implemented but please keep IWF the way it is.

I know where you are coming from BKB, with the new rules but I don't see a need for a drastic overhaul at this time. I like how this site is as it is more laid back and less serious than others which isn't a bad thing. Although sites have similar rules that you are implementing, they have more users starting projects all the time then this one.

I don't think the two-week rule, posting ppvs in two threads or the reviews process hurt anybody and here are my reasons

Two Week Rule

1. Most people here stick with it here. Newcomers might take awhile but what I have seen really for the most usually find their project fun and stays with them for awhile. People that don't benefit from the two week break in terms of planning won't benefit from a month either. It will only hurt the good writers that get burned out on the one they are doing. If the time comes and their is alot of writers here, then move should be made.

Posting PPVS/Reviews

We have a hard enough time here to get reviews because of the lack of active people and making it harder for them to post one only hurts the section more. Making it harder for people to read PPVS and making them post longer reviews hurts everybody. Once again, I don't think this is active enough for this to be a problem.

And on another note, I hope you don't want to do away from the BTB Lounge where people post their Rants and Takes on the section because when they are posted, I think they are joyable to read and pretty funny.

Summing it up, I understand you want to make this a better section but don't take away what makes this section unique from other sites and that is the voice of writers. I don't want this section to turn into a bitchfest like the other site, BTB where people can't do anything. I think this site is fine and everybody gets along so I don't see the need to fix it. If their is a IWF explosion of BTBers coming here then yeah new rules need to implemented but please keep IWF the way it is.

Connorten is just an example of someone who has made countless BTB's in the past month. If people are forced to ait a month, they may actually think things through before posting them. It gives thgem more time to get prepared and make sure that it is the right choice.

Posting PPV's in two parts only makes for spam. Tell me the people who review your shows one part at a time. Basically no one. All they do is say "GREAT PART, I'LL REVIEW WHEN THE REST IS UP!!!' as I've already pointed out. That is needless and stupid. As I have also said to X, you don't have to read a PPV in one sitting. It's not like because it's posted in one post means you have to read it all at once. Believeing that is the case is just completely stupid. It's not making it harder for anyone doing it that way.

You seem to complain about the lack of reviews and thus lack of feedback, yet now you're complaining about something being introduced that encourages more feedback. It's looks extremely hypocritial from where I am.

I'm not going to comment on the Lounge as nothing has happened. The thing is that you seem to believe that you have to make a seperate thread for a little rant. How is this the case? I posted a rant in this very thread once awhile ago, and it got a lot of responses. It's no different than making a seperate thread. To say it is is ignorant.

It'll only become a bitch-fest if you the members so choose to make it become one. Changes aren't what causes bitching; people cause bitching.

As far as uniqueness goes, one major planned change is something that's unique to this section (as far as I know) will hopefully be on it's way.

LAURINAITIS33

Reaction score
Two weeks or a month it doesn't matter, the people who will be prepared in a month, would be prepared in in the two weeks. The people that continually start threads will still do so. It won't put an end to that.

I'm not being hypocritical on the review reasoning because I think if you start telling people what to review, they will just stop completely on some threads. I think people should go in more depth as I return a review in the like that I receive one and almost always criticize something because for me that is the purpose. But to each their on, on the way they want to review.

Also the mutiple post for pay per views although no one wants to admit, it helps the writer also. Everybody sees their own ppv as the biggest thing ever and putting in posts and getting some feedback on it gives them the chance to maybe rewrite something on the next one due to someone's critique. Nothing is worse or more disenheartening to post a whole PPV and it ending up being terrible.

I just think this section's members get along for the most part and don't want that to change. Here I feel that people treat BTB for what it is Fun not live or death as some people make it out to be. I just don't want to see that go way.

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
TBH, i am not liking the new changes at all, and BKB acting all MP like by not straight answering levi's Best, wormst match question.

Can i use the

BM -
WM -
BP -
WP -

But detailed? (straight answer, yes or no)

Anyways why if we use a detailed review, can't we say Check out my BTB if you want.

Evil Austin

why if we use a detailed review, can't we say Check out my BTB if you want.

because that is pretty much plugging; I used to do it a lot but have come to terms with not only to people not like it but I wouldn't like it that much either because if you review me thank you, all the best to you but it doesn't confirm that you will get one from myself in return? I would just read over it if someone said it to me and I would normaly try to read other BTB's anyway and if yours isn't one of them then what can you do.

Most people would not read your BTB on purpose if you did that.

LAURINAITIS33

Reaction score
I think most have a link or some kind of advertisement in the signature anyway, so posting a review, lets them now you are a fellow BTBer that way also.

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
That would make me do it, someone went out their way and reviewed my show so they deserve something in advance.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
Having a month waiting to make another BTB will make the guy lose it's interest to that BTB. Then he'll try to make another one until he gets bored to it and continue the cycle....

BKB have a point in posting in parts as it cause only the reviewers to spam so I'll try to post my PPV's in full... but in the reviewing part, I am still against in not using the older format. I think it's the only proper format when it used properly. You can say alot of things that is needed to change in the Additional Feedback part so why can we not use it?

This are just my comments about the new rules... We're still friends right??? :D

Qwake

The new rules are much better imo, well on the most part. With the 1 month waiting before posting BTBs is kinda on and off, yes they may lose interest in the month of waiting to post the BTB but on the other hand it may make them take their time and make the BTB how they want it and they will make sure to stick with it otherwise they'll have to wait another month before posting a knew one. Time will show if this is a good new rule or not.

Now even though I used to post PPVs in parts I do think this new rule is good, now you won't have people spamming the thread about how good or bad the first half was and saying they will review the rest once its up. Although I do think the writers who posted in parts did that for the reviewers so they wouldn't get tired reading the long PPV and lose interest in it, most tried to get the full review done because they might forget about going back and reading the rest some other time. Still though this is a good rule to keep spam out of the section.

The new reviewing rule is awesome and noone should be able to complain, people want real reviews that help the writer and without the old standard review system you will get the feedback you want.

Rose said:
That would make me do it, someone went out their way and reviewed my show so they deserve something in advance.

Why don't you just think that way when you see that they have reviewed you, they reviewed you and you think they deserve on ein return, give them one, there doesn't need to be a cheap plug at the end of their post for you to return their review because alot of the time when some gives a review they will obviously want feedback in return even if they don't ask for it.

New rules are quite good, now all this section needs is a few more active members, I might try and stick around, maybe drop a few reviews or shows.

xtremebadass

I am for BKB's new review method. It's not like it's any harder to review. Just put everything you would put in your BM/WM type review into text form and put a comment here or there and you are good. It gives better advice and insight into the real booking instead of other booker's opinion on what your best match was. NEWS FLASH, out of every one of your shows there is always a BEST MATCH even if all of them suck to begin with so that form of reviewing was pretty lame.

Moonlight Drive

It also pretty much eliminates fake reviews.

And when I posted in parts, it was really just so I didn't take ages to get the entire show up.

EDIT-Epic sereose BTB vs joke BTB. Which one?

Also the mutiple post for pay per views although no one wants to admit, it helps the writer also. Everybody sees their own ppv as the biggest thing ever and putting in posts and getting some feedback on it gives them the chance to maybe rewrite something on the next one due to someone's critique. Nothing is worse or more disenheartening to post a whole PPV and it ending up being terrible.

Does anyone review a bit at a time? No. How does it then help the writer? It doesn't.

TBH, i am not liking the new changes at all, and BKB acting all MP like by not straight answering levi's Best, wormst match question.

Can i use the

BM -
WM -
BP -
WP -

But detailed? (straight answer, yes or no)

I already said no. Commenting on just a few points of the show doesn't help the booker in the least, as I said earlier. If you can't read an answer out of that then you really need to start thinking.

Anyways why if we use a detailed review, can't we say Check out my BTB if you want.

Because they'll check it out anyway if they want. We have an ad thread.

That makes no sense.

I think it's the only proper format when it used properly. You can say alot of things that is needed to change in the Additional Feedback part so why can we not use it?

If you're going to comment on most of the segments in the AF part, why not just review it the other way?

I am for BKB's new review method. It's not like it's any harder to review. Just put everything you would put in your BM/WM type review into text form and put a comment here or there and you are good. It gives better advice and insight into the real booking instead of other booker's opinion on what your best match was. NEWS FLASH, out of every one of your shows there is always a BEST MATCH even if all of them suck to begin with so that form of reviewing was pretty lame.

I love you.

EDIT-Epic sereose BTB vs joke BTB. Which one?

Keep your current one going.