TT.Tiger tamer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LAURINAITIS33

Reaction score
I try to make an effort to return the reviews I get but I think alot of newer people seemed kind of lost and don't want to be ridicule trying to review an established thread. If they have the ability to maybe ask the author straight up like why is this person acting this way or a brief summary of what has happened between the wrestlers could help that. I don't think people will read like 4-5 or more shows to understand it. Also it will bring the light to people that don't return reviews if they don't show up for other's spotlight days but make sure they are here for theirs.

Moonlight Drive

I do my best to return reviews. This week has been hectic for me and I haven't even started Smackdown yet, so that's why I haven't got right to you guys yet. I will sometime soon, pinky promise.

As for the 'spotlight' idea, I think it may work. I'm not sure if I've got the concept all together, but would it be a 'Booker of The Week' kind of dealy, with a thread showcasing there stuff or what?

LAURINAITIS33

Reaction score
Since it is "dead" make a schedule for right now. Everybody get's a day. You try to get a new show done by then and post it, then everybody read it and either review or just ask questions or comments maybe in here since this can go for days without any action.

I think this will help people get more feedback, make new bookers feel more comfortable and give people a chance to read shows they normally wouldn't. It will also help people that get shows posted on the same day since that won't happen with the schedule as they will be the only new game in town that day.

But this will work only like now when it isn't active, when it's get busier there will be too many bookers to do it.

seX-Power

^ I actually don't mind that idea. We'd need to tally up the bookers though and it would get harder with new BTBs coming in.

LAURINAITIS33

Reaction score
Also it would be something that could taken away, say somebody isn't active for antybody's elses day but when it comes to theirs they're here waiting for. I think people would have to be active to earn their day in the sun so to speak.

We can't expect everybody to be here everynight to read shows but on nights they can't make it, they can just leave the person they missed, a review when they can.

I think we go back 10-14 days and see who is actively posting shows. I figure it there is no more than 20 the idea would work as everybody should be able to get a show together in a 20 day cycle.

Moonlight Drive

There's a lot of BTBs which are posted (a lot of them mine =/) which never post a show or more and then just sort of fade away. As for those who are consistently active and posting, I can only think of about 5 or 6 off the top of my head

LAURINAITIS33

Reaction score
If others like the idea, we could just have a signup sheet for it and find out who is active and who wants to do it. I think some might come out of nowhere if there is something possibly going on.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Telling people when they should be posting a show screams bad idea to me. You're either going to rush them, or leave them bored because they'll have shows stakced up that they can't post.

y2j__legend

Reaction score
Telling people when they should be posting a show screams bad idea to me. You're either going to rush them, or leave them bored because they'll have shows stakced up that they can't post.

Exactly. People will stress if they think they will notget the show up in that time limit, causing the show to be rushed and not the show will not be the best that the booker can produce. Also, I do not think that my WrestleMania will be up in that time limit. It would put too much pressure on he booker IMO, and even though I do agree that this section needs more active members, Quality> Quantity. Also, we all know the saying Life> BTB, so how on earth will they get a show up if something has happened and they are unable to work on their show?

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

I knew once school started again this section would become dead. I really like the idea of highlighting regularly posted shows in active threads but I feel it should come after a certain period of time say after four consistently posted shows you get into the spotlight section. That way we're not putting people in the spotlight who flake out after a week or two.

I could probably put together an awards deal if that's cool with everyone.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
I like the idea but don't add me to those who called active, I post shows for a bout a week to month :p

EDIT: R.I.P Test, damn! I am planning him to be the next HEW Champion.... :(

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
- Warning This May Be A Bad Idea -

At the moment, when something big happens in a show or maybe you could predict that a match is gonna happen at the next PPV and you wanna say it in their thread, you have four options.

1) Post a One line comment and have people consider it as spam.

2) Read the whole show and review then in Additonal Comments say that, which people may get bored doing.

3) Fake a review to say that.

4) Not say it at all because you cba reviewing.

So there is never things like this in the Chatroom, so how about having a BTB gossip thread where people discuss peoples show, don't review thme their, but they can say what they think will happen in that peticuliar BTB without reviewing it.

Anyways this may be a bad idea, but i just want opinouns.