TT.Tiger tamer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moonlight Drive

Sure is. I'll make sure I post it on the same day as yours to steal your thunder. but first I need people's opinions so I can decide what to do with both brands

Emperor DC

Reaction score
People's opinions won't change how you truely feel. Do as you see fit and don't be influenced by people.

Moonlight Drive

I actually would like to see some opinions though. I'm not going to go out of my way, but I really can't decide on which direction to go with my BTB after Mania, as both have major merits and flaws

WCW Rules

Reaction score
Sure is. I'll make sure I post it on the same day as yours to steal your thunder. but first I need people's opinions so I can decide what to do with both brands

LOL, steal my thunder? Is that so, boyo? Then by Zeus, you've a challenge up ahead for ya. Not sure if I'll have it posted by September 8th, but I'm trying. You're in the dragon's cave now, man. :evil_4: Be prepared.

PARANoIR

Reaction score
I actually would like to see some opinions though. I'm not going to go out of my way, but I really can't decide on which direction to go with my BTB after Mania, as both have major merits and flaws

But your show should be what you want to do, not what others want you to do. Do what you feel.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
HBK, I think that you should do the two brands, but in recap form for both. If your plans are that big, I guess that seems right.

PRIDE is still not dead yet, though the chances of it coming back are getting weaker and weaker.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Jsut letting you guys know. I will be trying out recap form for once.... For the first show of GGX and may continue or may not. Although I do have the first show half done I am going to see what you guys think with recaps:)

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

You do realise that recaps shouldn't be your way of looking for an easy way out, right Gards? Because knowing your attitude, that seems to be what you would be thinking.

If doing a recap, I would suggest you try to imitate WCW Rules. His recaps easily match the actual full written matches that people put out IMO. So don't look at it as a way to get out of writing full matches. Lazy recaps are just the same as lazy full matches.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
No BKB that wasn't how I was thinking. I have gone Eight BTB's without ever trying a recap and it seemed as this was the right time to try one. And Yeah that was how I was thinking of doing the recaps. I was thinking to describe the whole match but not as in depth as Full matches.

PARANoIR

Reaction score
You do realise that recaps shouldn't be your way of looking for an easy way out, right Gards? Because knowing your attitude, that seems to be what you would be thinking.

If doing a recap, I would suggest you try to imitate WCW Rules. His recaps easily match the actual full written matches that people put out IMO. So don't look at it as a way to get out of writing full matches. Lazy recaps are just the same as lazy full matches.

Calling recaps lazy is a little naive in my opinion. I am an advocate (never used to be, though) of recaps. I think they're a good format if done correctly as there are people in the world like me, that work a fulltime job and have to juggle other commitments (in my case, several other commitments) and they can only dedicate minimal time to BTB due to this, so in order to advance further with shows, recaps are a good way to go to save a bit of time to get your show accross because half the time, whether a show be written in recap or in full, it still has the same effect.

Moonlight Drive

I think you mis-understand Paranoir.

Gards is notoriously lazy (lol) and BKB was pointing out he shouldn't be using recaps because he is too lazy to do normal matches, as lazy recaps are the same as lazy full matches

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Exactly -HBK-

In no way was I calling recaps lazy. If you look back over my post PARANoIR I was calling Gards lazy, and advising him to not try writing recaps lazily, as that is not going to work. The statement was saying that writing a good recap should be just as hard as writing a good weekly match.

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought this the other day, but BKB told me he doesn't dislike recaps.