TT.Tiger tamer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

xtremebadass

Yea, in order to get attention, you just can't do what everyone else is doing, these days you have to try new things. A BTB based on Women back when I started wouldn't have gone over too well, but with the competition these days, who knew a Women's BTB would go over the way it has. It has really taken off.

Plus, you have to review shows, if you want to get reviews, you have to give reviews. It's called review for review. However, I still do get pissed if I review someone's show and they don't review back, that's a little greedy. But I forgive and forget because I really forget the person's name like 10 minutes after the situation presents itself.

The Rated R CMStar

To Eyebrow, let me just say that just because a review isn't posted, it doesn't mean anyone hasn't read your PPV. For example I read your PPV, and just forgot to post a review, then I just let it slide away

Moonlight Drive

Hmm, a question I need answering for, still a bit confused

Would trying to let Umaga speak be a good idea? Or just have him with a manager so I don't destroy his savage gimmick?

CT Styles

I've always liked the idea of Umaga speaking, it's just gotta be in a credible way though. Not like some shitty excuse like Umaga is learning English.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I'd rather him not speak. It kind of ruins his gimmick IMO. He's a savge after all.

Beer

I respect all your opinions guys. Thanks for that. I have been reviewing more now though. Anyhoo i think that Umaga should NEVER speak. Like BKB said it ruins his gimmick as an allout Samoan Beast.

Also, CMS, what did you think?

The Rated R CMStar

Matches could have been a bit longer. Promos were good nonetheless. However, I felt that the event lacked a little that big event feeling PPVs should have

Beer

Cool. Thanks. I am just settng up what i should do my next PPV. Got some big feuds coming up. How much should i do a day on average to write a full fledged PPV.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
I know this has been asked many times. But here it goes once more.

I for weekly show's I usually try to get my show's up to a page, and a half. I still haven't gotten to my first real pay per view, but once I get their, how long should matches be? I really don't want to over due it. Then again, I don't wanna come up short. And is three gimmick matches, to much for a five to seven pay per view match card?

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

I think it really depends on how detailed you get. Some people could write a 5000 word match but if it were to happen in real life it would only translate to 10 minutes. Others could write half that but the match could be longer in real life. It should be apparent that the performers are really trying to give it their all.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Damn, I know what your saying I mean. If someone who write's like this:

"Jeff Hardy grabs Daniels by the hair slowly, really selling the bump earlier. He eventually gets to a well positioned angle, and grabs Daniels's arm, and tosses Christopher into the corner."

Would make twelve minutes into about three pages. Then, someone like this:

"Hardy picks up Daniels, and holds his ribs for a second. He tosses Daniels into the turnbuckle."

Can make twelve minutes into half a page.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Hmm, a question I need answering for, still a bit confused

Would trying to let Umaga speak be a good idea? Or just have him with a manager so I don't destroy his savage gimmick?

It'd be kinda funny to have promos with Umaga going to some sort of class to learn english. There's actually a lot of funny stuff you could do with that.

Reaction score
Right guys my BTB that I had on here, I did on another forum. It was in recap and whenever I posted it here I was told it was too short etc, and there werent promos when there were.

Should I try and continue it or just not post it here?

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
^Continue. It's called improving, organize it better. If you quit then what's the point of writing?

Dave Kingston

Reaction score
An idea I’m strongly thinking of for my BTB is to bringing in another ROH alumni to SmackDown as a face. My plan is to bring in Colt Cabana as a Jewish superhero “Kaptain Kosher” I don’t know if it will go over, that’s why I’m asking for an opinion before I play it out.

Being Jewish myself I find the lack of Jewish superstars or gimmick’s in the current product of wrestling frustrating. So that’s why I’ve come up with this pretty fresh idea