TT.Tiger tamer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Switchy

Reaction score
Nate:
Yeah, I'll check it out some time over the next couple of days

Comicgeekelly:
TBH I just skimmed through it but didn't leave a review because I haven't read it properly but I'll leave a review when I read it properly. Overall from what I did see you have made a major improvement already but there is still more improvements to make in both your matches and promo's.

My favourite wrestler to write for is John Cena. His matches are pretty easy to write because he gets beaten up a bit, has a bit of brawl, busts out all his signature moves etc so it's easy and I just pretty much enjoy writing them

TRI:
Well everyone has a different thing that suits them, I took ages to find mine even though it turns out that it's WWE. TBH with your writing style you should try doing a TNA BTB if you have enough knowledge of the company.

JHar888:
I would read your first show and I'm sure you can make a BTB last if it's the right thing for you. I mean I haven't had any BTB's lasting too long but I've found the right one for me and I beleive you can as well.

Sharkboy3:16:
I read the latest part of the PPV you posted and the matches are great and I haven't checked out anything else but I'll check out some of your storylines later and so far from what I've seen I think you can be a great BTB'er.

I am halfway atm. I used to be a TNA mark but I haven't been too fond of their product at the moment but I am a fan of the X-Division and as for WWE they have a lot of my favourite superstars which is what draws me to their product.

-HBK-:
Well it depends. santino is a comedy character and would not last alone as a general manager because he doesn't have much responsibility as a character but if you made him a co-gm with someone else (who is responsible) then you can make some pretty funny promos and make it realistic.

If it's an occasional thing than yeah, I think it can work but I see SNME as a show for the actual wrestling ability rather than storylines so I reckon it would work but maybe try using matches which have never been done before on the lower card and mix things up a bit in the ME and see how it works.

Fine thanks, schools taking it's toll on me but that's about it.

JHar888

Reaction score
Thanks. :)

If you could pick three other bookers besides yourself to do a three-branded BTB with, who would they be? Who would be the Storylines/Creative manager? Who would be the three head bookers of each individual brand?

Switchy

Reaction score
Me, XBA, Nate and You (probably my best active mates from the BTB section)

Storylines/Creative: XBA - Booking Genius
Head Bookers: Me, You and Nate - The people who follow XBA's orders lol

JHar888

Reaction score
Thank you, thank you, lol.

Sorry for the constant buggage, but how do you feel about having a complete gimmick-match card for a show? I'm writing my first show now, and I feel like it may be too gimmicky...Ultimate-X, Elimination Chamber, Tag Team Gauntlet, Diva Battle Royal, and a 4-Man Tournament.

Switchy

Reaction score
It could work but don't have tournaments on gimmick match ppv's and imo 4-man tourneys are shite anyways. Maybe add another match like a tables match or something and add an extreme rules match too if you really want it to be more "extreme" than "gimmicky".

Qwake

BKB, Why did you make this thread :smh (i thought you were one guy who hated these)

Do you feel that your and gards WWE BTB will last longer then a month? (it better).

Who do you think the current best BTBer is?

whats your fav style of wrestling? (technical, high flying etc)

what is the hardest style of wrestling to write for?

Qwake

:)

Okay, how long have you been a booker?

what is your fav style of wrestling (technical, high flying etc)

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Toddy said:
BKB what do you reckon is the best way to annouce a retirement in a BTB
A wrestler retiring? Well you can have him seriously injured, or if you want to make it classy, you could have them cutting a promo, saying how theycan't wrestle forever. A heel then interupts and bags them. The feud continues, and the person then has their last match as a part of the feud.

sharkboy3:16 said:
BKB, Why did you make this thread
I hate the HIAT ones, that are obviously never going to be constructive. I made this thread so my opinion is known, and so people can ask about their pooisble ideas.

sharkoboy3:16 said:
Do you feel that your and gards WWE BTB will last longer then a month? (it better).
If I didn't think it would have a chance, I wouldn't have opened it, would I?

Who do you think the current best BTBer is?
Headfirst For Hardcore and CT Styles are two of my current favourites.

shakrboy3:16 said:
whats your fav style of wrestling? (technical, high flying etc)
I don't have a favourite, as long as it is entertaining, I like it.

what is the hardest style of wrestling to write for?
Fat man wrestling lol.

Qwake

If I didn't think it would have a chance, I wouldn't have opened it, would I?
well you could say the same about all your other BTB's too lol.

did you have a bad day? :p

On a scale from 1 - 10 how good do you think gards is as a Booker in general?

^ same for me? :)

How long in words is an average show for you?

Evil Austin

If you were to do a BTB based on the WWE, Alone by yourself doing Raw and Smackdown (possibly ECW, depending on what year you pick.) forget about having to do work of three brands pretending you had the time. What year is your favorite what is your first pick, What year would you chose to do from 1998 - 2008 the past decade (has to be the beginning of the year from that years RR, like if you chose 2001 you can't start from the Invasion you have to work up to it..)

so what would it be ?

And my other question is weather you like me or hate most of the posts I do, what would you call me as a general booker forgetting about the so called Fake reviews what would you rate my BTB overall..

Moonlight Drive

What did you think of my first PPV?

What's your favourite gimmick match to write?

Are there any superstars you don't like to write with?

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

DX_3:16 said:
If you were to do a BTB based on the WWE, Alone by yourself doing Raw and Smackdown (possibly ECW, depending on what year you pick.) forget about having to do work of three brands pretending you had the time. What year is your favorite what is your first pick, What year would you chose to do from 1998 - 2008 the past decade (has to be the beginning of the year from that years RR, like if you chose 2001 you can't start from the Invasion you have to work up to it..)

so what would it be ?
Either 2006 or 2008. I really think I could have some good ideas for WM 22, and use Edge to his full potential, after he had just become WWE Champion. 2008 would be because it is more fresh in my mind, and I can easily remember what I would have done differently.

DX_3:16 said:
And my other question is weather you like me or hate most of the posts I do, what would you call me as a general booker forgetting about the so called Fake reviews what would you rate my BTB overall..
Well I have trouble reading your matches, as they have no real grammar. It is just one continious sentence for about five lines. Your promos need work, because they seem to be more what you would say, bot what the wrestler would say. You also have to cut back on gimmick matches/random happenings. Like I read about how The Rock became GM, and it was just ridiculous. Vince McMahon could not be fired like that, even in the wrestling world it is impossible.

To summarize, I think you really need to what people have been telling you since you came here.

did you have a bad day?

On a scale from 1 - 10 how good do you think gards is as a Booker in general?

^ same for me?

How long in words is an average show for you?
1) It was alright. Assitant Principal caught us coming back at the end of lunch time and got pissed, so we were 'punished' by doing yard duty, while getting to miss class :D

2) I'd give Gards about a 6.

3) Meh, I'll say same for you. 6. You are improving amazingly quick though.

Moonlight Drive

Moonlight Drive