TT.Tiger tamer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

KF4E

Reaction score
Well I often like to post things pretty quickly. I know some bookers like to wait about a week before shows, but I like posting them when they're done. I know I shouldn't but I do. That would be one of my cons.

Switchy

Reaction score
Pros: I can write matches better than 90% of the BTb'ers here and my promos are better than 70% in my own opinion (I apologise if I come across as cocky, but I know my abilities.

Cons: I can't stick with a BTB but withevery new BTB I start, I up my quality a little bit more in hope to keep it so it's kinda in between a pro and con but it really pisses me off that I can't stick with BTB's.

-TJ-

Pros: I can write matches better then 80% of the bookers here (Not as how long it seems, I mean by quality) And my promos are a little above average.

Cons: I can never stick with one, but every btb i've started, i've gotten better.

So that means I'm like a bad copy of Switchy lol.

Switchy

Reaction score
^^Lol, there are just so many talented bookers who can't find the right BTB unfortunately and in a way it is a waste of talent but I have learned to persevere with things and WWE: Era of '08 I think is my "right" BTB so I just gotta make it active again and I should be set.

Oh and HFH, nice thread concept btw, I'm looking forward to seeing you and some of the other big bookers cons and it should be interesting to see.

-TJ-

I agree^

Another con about me is that now since i have started and fail in so many btbs, people just stop reviewing my shows. I remember at one point I was getting half the reviews then bookers that entire shows are as long as one of my matches and my show was 3 1/2 times better.

Switchy

Reaction score
^^I once struggled to get reviews and I went quite a few shows (well about three) in one BTB without getting a single review but then when I started to become a big name in BTB everything kinda changed. Most of the time it's not the quality of the show about the reason the show is being reviewed, it is usually about the reviewers opinion on who the are reviewing that makes them read their shows and/or if they reviewed them first.

Emperor DC

Reaction score
I guess this could not have gone in the main disc. thread?

I have many pro's, one of my cons is sticking to a project, but I'm doing that now, so yeah.

Switchy

Reaction score
Ok, so i'm reviving WWE: Era of '08 and I want something kinda different and was thinking of making Randy Orton a face. I wouldn't make him a face who sucks up to the crowd but kinda just make him a badass who doesn't let no-one tell him what to do and he beats down heels and faces to get what he wants (well I guess that makes him more of a tweener) and he cheats and screws people over if they stand in his way.

What do you think of that idea guys? Feedback would help and if I'm feeling generous I might give out some of my rep...

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I guess this could not have gone in the main disc. thread?

I don't think everything has to go in the discussion thread, this is a big enough topic to get a thread of its own. And there really hasn't been a topic that's been in the BTB Lounge, all the stuff now is like columns and ask threads.

Pros
1. Match and Promo Writing - I really don't even strive to be the best match writer, but I guess I'm good at what I do if I can get an award.

2. Uniqueness - PRIDE is the first indy-type BTB to be successful, and it looks like everyone's going to jump on my cock now or they already did with an indy BTB or use of some guys I have.

3. Presentation - I like making my BTB pretty and still unique, so the fonts, colors and pictures I use help the ones that don't like reading.

4. Sticking with what I do - I haven't quit PRIDE yet, and don't seem that I'll quit for a while, even with the stuff that's happened before.

Cons
1. Storylines - They're so simple, and most of them are interchangeable most of the time.

2. Plan Ahead - I never really planned ahead as in writing shows, so the release on everything could be one or two weeks, or even a month between shows.

3. Lack of Stars - It might be a pro, but there's lots of people that don't have as much knowledge about the indies or younger stars than I do, which could hurt in people knowing gimmicks and what not.

oh, and anyone who tries to copy a Pros/Cons thread in any section is going down, because I'm Trademarking this bitch before this becomes the norm.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

So basically you're taking away the suck up part of Orton, and just leaving his character how it is?

You'd have to have him attack and feud with a heel initially if you want this to work. It'll be interesting.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Pro: I can write alright matches. Not as good as some people here, but they are my trength.

Cons: My promos are flat out terrible.

I haven't stuck to a sinele BTB yet.

My storylines aren't very good.

Switchy

Reaction score
Well I kinda want the ruthless "Legend Killer" character but not just directed towards legends, but the whole roster. I want him to have an attitude in his promos like "I'm the top dog, your not so get back in your place before I put you there."

Good point about he gotta feud with a heel first, I think I better build him up slowly before he finalises it by feuding with a heel because I already got a big feud for him planned.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Pros:
1. I've been told that I tell great stories.
2. Short matches for people with short attetion spans.
3. Planning ahead; I've got nearly 20 shows written out so I really won't be running out of shows any time soon.

Cons
1. Matches
2. Promos

czwrestler

Reaction score
pros: i can really think of some great fstorylines
cons: i get bored writing so easily

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
I think we should make this to state pro's, and cons about the booker above you. It gives several different out looks, and views on yourself. Anyways...

Pros: I can have some good ideas, and storylines. My matches are easy to write (usually), and can be pretty average.

Cons: Have yet to stick with a BTB. Continues to say that I'm going to take it easy, yet when I'm finishing a match I say to myself "Jeez, thats terrible! I have to add at least some more!" Which eventually leads to me writting a long promo, or match. Hates to write commentary, and does little things no one cares for, nor points out. Like

Joey Styles: "Oh my god Tazz! Through the table!"

If someone can tell me the two things that I do, that you hardly see in most btbs.. REP!