TT.Tiger tamer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

mikeb619

Reaction score
...... The camera goes into a dark room where all u see is a bright green light with a man staring at a wall. The camera zooms in and the man turns around.

Chris Hardy: You know all my life I have looked up to my brothers Matt and Jeff watching what they have accomplished whether it be as a tag team or just by themselves. I have waited my whole life just for this one moment. I have waited for the right time to make my mark here in TCW, and this is it. One move, One ring, One time is all I need. So spider watch out, cause I'm comin for you!

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

-HBK- said:
If I were to put an Ironman match on at WM, how many other matches do you think I could put on the card without it seeming overloaded?
Well WM still generally goes for four hours, so IMO you could put on say eight or nine or matches. The decision is yours though.

Moonlight Drive

My longest show was 36 pages, but that was a while ago. My PPV up-coming, I've written about 1/3 of the Rumble ad it's almost 9 or 10 pages

BTw, how long should it be? I'm not sure if I'm doing it too long or short, and I havnt done a Rumble in ages. What's a good length? 20 pages? Because I don't know why, but when I'm writing a Rumble I really get into it and keep going, whle other matches I need a break

WCW Rules said:
What if the Pay Per View is the one kicking off a new promotion?
In reality it wouldn't work lol. In the fictional world of BTB it shouldn't matter as much.

WCW Rules

Reaction score
Well, I write full matches on a 200 words = 1 minute guideline, so if my Rumble were an hour or so, it'd be more than 30 pages, I'm sure. It depends on what format for length you're using, TBH.

WCW Rules

Reaction score
Of course it wouldn't work in reality, but hey, this is BTB we're talking about here. Anything and everything can happen, IMO. :)

Moonlight Drive

My BTB is kicig off with a PPV, and my BTB kicks ass :)

Also, in your opinion, what is a good length for a Royal Rumble? I'm having so much fun writing it, I can't tell whether I'm making it too short or long

And why didn't everyoen forget the WWE Championship match when they predicted lol?

-HBK- said:
o, in your opinion, what is a good length for a Royal Rumble? I'm having so much fun writing it, I can't tell whether I'm making it too short or long

And why didn't everyoen forget the WWE Championship match when they predicted lol?
1) Completely up to you. I have written one Roayl Rumble, and I have no idea how long it was.

2) Because they copied and pasted what I said, and I left it out. I edited in my prediction for it :y:

Moonlight Drive

I don't have a words=1 minute guideline, I usually just think of moves as I write and let the whole thing flow. But I'm not as a good a writer as you lol, I don't knjow if I could manage to go through 1 minute in 200 words

WCW Rules

Reaction score
Hehe, I can't keep it up myself these days like I used to. I was in my prime last year, you could say. Now, I can barely keep a match together without going, "There's something wrong with this." It's like, I look at the words and they appear wrong to me; this not only has to do with BTB, but with my other writing ventures, as I write stories, poems, articles, and such. It really bothers me, TBH.

Moonlight Drive

^^Well you're really talented ma, I hope you find your 'spark' so to speak

And CMS, when is this supposed Column Thread going up? I don't know if I'm the only one who still wants to do one lol

WCW Rules

Reaction score
Oh, and to answer your question regarding the longevity of your Rumble, do as you will, IMO. It's your Rumble, therefore, you should be the one calling the shots in regards to its length. Just don't make it too short; it should be written in a manner where the reader, and you, will know what's going on, and who's coming in, and who's going out. There should be no pressure.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
I don't really aim to a certain number with any of the matches I have, all I want to do is get to start to finish with whatever I can picture in my head. I really don't even like writing long matches, I just try to get my idea across. My longest show was the PPV, which was 31 pages on a size 9 font.

I'm tired, and PRIDE is going to be delayed yet again, which will affect everything in the longrun.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

It really depends on how you describe moves and spots. If you get really detailed with what the wrestlers are doing the match can look pretty long but may only be 10 minutes in real life.