Tough Enough Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Anybody want to give odds on Mada and/or Patrick being offered dev contracts regardless of their eliminations?

wk

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I would like to see Mada, Patrick, Sara Lee and Chelsea in the developmental centre, to be honest.

Oh, and the new episode didn't even break 1 million viewers this week. Sad.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
This, plus maybe Tanner and ZZ if he really put the work in. Amanda, Josh and Gigi can go back to obscurity.
Oh yeah, if Tanner works on his mic skills I think he could be a big player. I still find ZZ quite funny and think he could be really cool in the WWE.

Amanda just plain sucks, I find Josh to be very decent and GiGi needs to drop the bad attitude.

Mrs. RKO

Jobber
Reaction score
Mada being eliminated this week was just wrong. I really thought he possibly would go all the way and win this. You could see he was pretty fucking pissed as I think he deserved to be. The Miz was good on last nights show, but I really enjoyed him as the host of Tough Talk and I hope HBK is the permanent judge and The Miz can go back to his regular gig.

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I've been pretty silent about tough enough in general, but i will give my opinion. You all know i'm a female wrestling fan, so here goes.

I'm all for new women wrestlers in the WWE, but not weak ones. I've been pretty silent about Amanda, But my opinion of her is not exactly high. I understand that she has heart, and there's no denying that she doesn't, but heart will get you no where if you don't have anything else to back it up with. She needs to learn, and she can not learn, why? Because her head is currently not in right frame. She's more concerned about what Chelsea and Sara are doing in the bedroom, than her own training.

Upon that, I'm sick of each episode of this turning into another episode of Total Divas, i stopped watching that show for a reason, because i figured that the women on this show would be far more different. Which is wrong, I'm viewing these women as divas, because they're acting like divas. I mean for crying out loud could they get anymore pathetic? Honestly. It's time they step it up, However i am liking Chelsea, she's proving that the injury she had was a fluke, it was an accident and that she belongs there. I'm not convinced she should stay, but she doesn't deserve to lose to Gigi, Or Amanda... Sara on the other hand... Different story. I'd like to see them two be the final females standing just to see how they fair when it comes down to friendship.

Don't get me started on Gigi... Just no.

On and just to say, I am team chelsea all the way!

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
I think Tanner is exactly what they want at NXT in a lot of ways. He's got the physical capabilities of a "WWE Superstar[insert copyright symbol here]." And he's got the look.

He has a good look and is athletically-gifted. He needs to get over his "I'm an MMA fighter and I can beat up every guy here" attitude, because that's exactly the opposite approach to how a young pro wrestler needs to look at things in the business. That attitude might have been a good one back in the 1940's, when pro wrestling was widely-believed to be legitimate sport, but, in 2015, everybody knows it's a work, so there's no reason to carry that attitude into a competition for a spot in a pro wrestling/sports entertainment company. If he has the heart to take the bumps and learn how to work (which, it seems, he does), though, he's exactly what they want. They can take his looks and his abilities and teach him how to be a character and how to be entertaining. It's a very similar proposition with Josh.

It's quite the opposite with ZZ. ZZ's got the character part down, but he needs to work on his look. I somewhat look at him the same way that JR talked about Samoa Joe (except Joe was already a gifted in-ring performer at that point, which ZZ is definitely not), in that he needs to remember that it's a business where you're going to be judged by your looks first and by your character, heart, etc., after that. He needs to work on the cardio side and get a better look. Because I can easily see how entertaining the guy is and, if he can get a better look and get in (much) better shape, he can be very good.

I thought both Patrick and Mada were closer to "total packages" (Lex Luger for the win!). They both have things that need work, but they've definitely got the elements in place to make it in NXT and, eventually, in WWE (barring injuries and other problems, of course).

With the ladies, I just don't see any of them being really close to where they need to be even to just be a part of NXT. I agree that Sara's and Chelsea's all-around abilities are probably the best of the bunch and there need to be some serious attitudinal adjustments done to the others (and I agree that the show's becoming Total Divas 2.0....except less entertaining). There re some positives among the girls, but there are a whole lot more negatives.

wk

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
I sorta kinda agree with the miz on mada. He really stretches the "one dimentional 80s wrestler" schtick to the point of cringe. Although I can see the appeal, Mada just doesn't do it for me.

I think I like josh better as far as the best heavyweight in the show goes. He's funny(unlike mada) and he's athletic(unlike ZZ). I wouldn't be surprised if Josh just went and won the whole thing.

As for the girls, Sarah Lee tickles my cuteness bones and I just want to hug her, So I guess I would be happy if she won it. I also like Gigi and Amanda smacking paige around made me like her a bit better.

As mentioned before, eliminating patrick was a sin, and it was really obvious wwe set him up for failure that week, but other then that, I am satisfied with the show

Butters!

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
The episode was good, I enjoyed watching it live. The team work challenge could of had alot more depth in it. I think there should be more than just two challenges in general. But it was nice to see ZZ actually work, and do something good in a team. i think he works better when he has a team behind him. Which is unfortunate because that's not going to get him very far in wrestling.

The men really shined in this episode, and that's really disappointing. I'm really disappointed in how everyone approached Sara Lee about the neck thing, I personal think Billy Gunn should of stopped Gigi and Sara straight after that slam, let her know what she did wrong, because i truly think Sara didn't realize the type of damage she could of caused. Though i'm glad Gigi isn't hurt, fact is you can't tell someone with no experience what they did wrong minutes later after it's done. You should be on that person telling them. That's not how your slam, that's dangerous, redo it correctly so you don't mess it up again. If ZZ got multiple chances to shine, why can't she?

Now i know that selling shouldn't be apart of this, but if they are going to cut promos on one another, and do move's why can't they keep the wrestling alive with selling the moves? Yes, Outshining your partner is not okay, However. Chelsea was doing everything right by the books, she was showcasing her skills, and why exactly she belongs there. the fact she was put up for elimination based on the fact she was selling is beyond a joke. Amanda should of been gone this week, not Chelsea.

We lost three good talents in a matter of three weeks.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
Paige did the right thing and saved Gigi, she's the best woman there.. Sara still sucks, but the fans still like her for some mysterious reason.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I haven't watched this week's episode yet, I will probably do so later today, but holy crap how was Chelsea eliminated? She seems like the most competent woman there (maybe tied with GiGi) and doesn't make me want to kill myself when watching (Amanda, and GiGi at times).

Good lord, I'm hoping they'll just offer developmental deals to Patrick, Mada and Chelsea but wow, ZZ is just shit at this point - hopefully he'll work his ass off because we all know he'll win unless Josh gets a big vote like he did 2 weeks ago. Apparently Sara botched hardcore, which is super lame - she seemed like she was training her butt off with Chelsea, not sure what happened there.

How the hell is Amanda still even there? Miz pls.

Messiah1

The Showoff
Banned
Reaction score
I haven't watched this week's episode yet, I will probably do so later today, but holy crap how was Chelsea eliminated? She seems like the most competent woman there (maybe tied with GiGi) and doesn't make me want to kill myself when watching (Amanda, and GiGi at times).

Good lord, I'm hoping they'll just offer developmental deals to Patrick, Mada and Chelsea but wow, ZZ is just shit at this point - hopefully he'll work his ass off because we all know he'll win unless Josh gets a big vote like he did 2 weeks ago. Apparently Sara botched hardcore, which is super lame - she seemed like she was training her butt off with Chelsea, not sure what happened there.

How the hell is Amanda still even there? Miz pls.

I know, it should of been Sara, but the fans continue to vote for her for some reason.. Paige saved Gigi so Chelsea was screwed after that.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I know, it should of been Sara, but the fans continue to vote for her for some reason.. Paige saved Gigi so Chelsea was screwed after that.
IMO, Amanda should have been voted off but out of the 3 they picked there, Sara. But I just dislike GiGi now tbh.

I watched the show and it's so hilarious how Miz is just trolling now that Patrick is gone, Paige is a 5-year-old and Bryan is still somehow trying to keep the show alive but after the shit going on, is just tired of it all.