Top Wrestlers of the Decade

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Axis

I totally stole this from another guy at another board, but we're good friends so it's whatever. What I want to do is a list of the top wrestlers from this decade, based on each person's opinion. I'll probably pick somewhere between 4 or 5 others to participate. I'm being vague with it now, because I'll PM those involved when it comes time. For now, sign up here if:

1. You've watched wrestling since at least 2000.
2. You've watch a well-rounded amount of wrestling. By this I mean that you've watched the WWF/E, some of the final years of WCW, and enough TNA, possibly ROH, possibly smaller Indys, and possibly Puro to know enough about the workers in those companies. Basically when you sign up, say what companies you've watched, and during which range of years.

Again, details on how this works laterz.

Note: I put this in the WWE forum because I thought it would get the most exposure here. If a mod wants to move it to General Wrestling, feel free.

Axis

3 really awesome posters so far. Moonlight, are you in? Otherwise I'm still looking for one more person.

Airfixx

Would be up for it, but I really haven't seen enough jap/indie etc.

I'll just have to heckle from the sidelines on this one.

Beer

1. You've watched wrestling since at least 2000.
2. You've watch a well-rounded amount of wrestling. By this I mean that you've watched the WWF/E, some of the final years of WCW, and enough TNA, possibly ROH, possibly smaller Indys, and possibly Puro to know enough about the workers in those companies. Basically when you sign up, say what companies you've watched, and during which range of years.

MizMasta3000

I have actually and I downloaded alot of WWF WCW and ECW from before I was born. I do watch Indies

Reaction score
Ive watched plenty. WCW in its dying days, WWE, plenty of indies and foreign lucha and puro.

But I must ask, how are we ranking them? What are we judging by? Is it a list or more of a compendium of the standouts of the decade? I feel since a decade encompasses alot of time and people it has to be at least 20 and since WWE is undeniably the biggest company in the world with a truly global presence that it would be only fair that they get the most inductions.

My twenty in no particular order:

WWE
Austin
Rock
Triple H
Edge
Jericho
HBK
Eddy
Rey
Angle
Cena
Taker

Indies:
Joe
Dragon
CM Punk
Styles

Foreign:
Dr. Wagner Jr.
Mistico
Takeshi Morishima
Hiroshi Tanahashi
KENTA
Kensuke Sasaki

Of course I will elaborate on each guy, recommend matches and explain my omissions once more details become available. I purposely excluded Benoit because, ya know, he butchered his family and he, as my former favorite wrestler ever, almost ruined wrestling for me for good.